PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Wheel trying to auto steer after spin - Help Please

xtro
28-04-2016, 13:00
Hi Guys... I will try to explain this issue to the best I can.

I just started using a wheel (T300RS on a PS4) and have been playing with the FFB settings following some guides etc however there is one major issue which I cannot get rid of.

It became more apparent when trying to drift... If I spin out of control or hit a wall or something like this my wheel all the sudden becomes crazy locks on one side or go bouncing left and right like crazy. It becomes really heavy and impossible to turn (i would break it after a while). It doesnt seem like a normal physics behavior. Then I put the car in reverse and drive very slow with my hands off the wheel... the wheel lock after a while tries to readjust itself unrealistically... it's like the wheels automatically try to find the track line by themselves. Almost like there was an auto-steering going on

Its also why it's been impossible to do a proper doughnut.

I tried all 3 controller settings and I tried enabling/disabling the counter steer help (i thought maybe this was the issue) but no luck... Do you guys know what i'mtalking about ? and is there a solution for it ???

thank you!

Sankyo
28-04-2016, 13:37
The controller settings are for when using a gamepad, not for wheel users so you should disable that.

It seems like you're describing several things, some of which might be issues but others sound like proper behaviour. When you spin out, it may happen that your wheels end up completely turned to one side. If you're standing still, wheel resistance will be higher (as it is in a real car). Whether the resistance is a bit too high can be discussed, but IIRC you can turn the strength down with the centering spring strength in the driver.

The wheels self-aligning when driving backwards slowly I'm not sure about, it would help if you posted a video.

Not being able to make a proper donut could have a different reason as well, so again a video (including telemetry HUD enabled) would help.

xtro
28-04-2016, 13:52
The controller settings are for when using a gamepad, not for wheel users so you should disable that.

It seems like you're describing several things, some of which might be issues but others sound like proper behaviour. When you spin out, it may happen that your wheels end up completely turned to one side. If you're standing still, wheel resistance will be higher (as it is in a real car). Whether the resistance is a bit too high can be discussed, but IIRC you can turn the strength down with the centering spring strength in the driver.

The wheels self-aligning when driving backwards slowly I'm not sure about, it would help if you posted a video.

Not being able to make a proper donut could have a different reason as well, so again a video (including telemetry HUD enabled) would help.

Thank you! I will try to post a video tonight... The thing is even of i spin and keep my wheel straight. It will fully lock left or rightor go bouncing a second or 2 after the car is fully stopped. I just saw the centering spring thread below and that could be related. Though on ps4 i dont see any option to disable or reduce it

Sankyo
28-04-2016, 13:55
Ah, PS4. Could you change the "Platform" text in your profile from PC to PS4? That would avoid future confusion :)

xtro
28-04-2016, 13:58
Sorry i didnt notice will do

morpwr
28-04-2016, 15:15
Thank you! I will try to post a video tonight... The thing is even of i spin and keep my wheel straight. It will fully lock left or rightor go bouncing a second or 2 after the car is fully stopped. I just saw the centering spring thread below and that could be related. Though on ps4 i dont see any option to disable or reduce it

There is no issue any more with the centering spring on the t300. Most of the problems come from wheel or car ffb settings. Check out the oscarolim site there are jacks car ffb settings and wheel settings from different t300 users you could try. Id recommend using the classic settings for the cars.

xtro
29-04-2016, 00:06
There is no issue any more with the centering spring on the t300. Most of the problems come from wheel or car ffb settings. Check out the oscarolim site there are jacks car ffb settings and wheel settings from different t300 users you could try. Id recommend using the classic settings for the cars.

I just updated the Firmware (v25 I think) on my wheel and the problem is gone!!... FFB feels a LOT better too now! I should have started there!! sorry I'm new at this :)

morpwr
29-04-2016, 00:52
I just updated the Firmware (v25 I think) on my wheel and the problem is gone!!... FFB feels a LOT better too now! I should have started there!! sorry I'm new at this :)

Don't be sorry most of us have spent most of the last year figuring this out. lol I highly recommend using jacks car settings and check out the user posted wheel settings. regardless if you use mine or someone elses the oscarolim site will save you a lot of time and frustration getting the ffb setup. If youre still using defaults they aren't bad but they can be a lot better. If you have questions the lets talk ffb forum is a good place to get help.