PDA

View Full Version : Getting more FFB loading errors since 10.0

Haiden
28-04-2016, 16:00
Prior to 10.0, every once in a while, (about 2 or 3 times a month). I'd enter a session and drive out of the pits to find the FFB didn't load. Now, since 10.0, I get this loading error multiple times per gaming session. Sometimes being forced to reload the session two or three times, before the FFB loads.

I've also noticed that, occasionally, after making changes to the mechanical setup from the pit box, the car leaves the pits with what I can only describe as corrupted FFB--lots of grinding during low and high speed corners. The grinding is so bad that the car is undriveable. If I return the Pit Box, and roll out (without making any changes), the FFB returns to normal.

The loading errors have gotten worse with 10.0, but the second issue, regarding corrupted FFB, is something I've never experienced before 10.0.

Anyone else have these issues? Devs, is this a known issue? Resolution?

inthebagbud
28-04-2016, 16:29
Prior to 10.0, every once in a while, (about 2 or 3 times a month). I'd enter a session and drive out of the pits to find the FFB didn't load. Now, since 10.0, I get this loading error multiple times per gaming session. Sometimes being forced to reload the session two or three times, before the FFB loads.

I've also noticed that, occasionally, after making changes to the mechanical setup from the pit box, the car leaves the pits with what I can only describe as corrupted FFB--lots of grinding during low and high speed corners. The grinding is so bad that the car is undriveable. If I return the Pit Box, and roll out (without making any changes), the FFB returns to normal.

The loading errors have gotten worse with 10.0, but the second issue, regarding corrupted FFB, is something I've never experienced before 10.0.

That issue has been around for a very long time on the xbox and was reported , although I must admit I hadn't noticed in a while but had it a few times last week.

morpwr
28-04-2016, 17:32

Haiden,
I honestly think its from all the tweaking. I think somehow something doesn't change correctly or go back correctly and gets saved that way. Ive had both numerous times in the beginning but not recently. When was the last time you deleted everything and reloaded the game? Since the last reload and cleaning the vents on the ps4 ive had zero issues. Now I'm doomed.lol

Haiden
28-04-2016, 18:45
My last reinstall was update 9.0.

But I honestly wasn't having any issues before that. I just reinstalled to make sure the FFB was clean. I don't recall having this issues with 9.0. It's just been since 10.0. And other than these two things, I don't have any problems. I really don't feel like reinstalling again, though. Last time it was easy, because I'd been messing with the FFB tuning for so long, I didn't have a lot of cars and track tunes saved. But in the last month or so, I've created quite a few setups for a lot of cars on a lot of tracks. I don't feel like rebuilding those. :(

I have noticed that the FFB drop seems to occur mostly when I've been sitting in the menus for a few minutes before starting a session. I don't know. Right now, it's just small annoyance. I might try a reinstall down the road. I don't do a lot of heavy tuning, so I guess it wouldn't be to much of pain to rebuild them. :confused:

flatspunout
29-04-2016, 23:12
Both issues you just described have been around since launch, they do seem to occur less frequently now but still pop up occasionally. A few things seem to decrease the chances of them happening:

At the beginning of a session, select edit setup then press X to save before driving out of the pits...even if you aren't making setup changes. Do this for every session even if you aren't planning to go on track during that session.

Don't let the wheel sit idle for very long, if you aren't on track move the d-pad every few minutes.

Be on track when the session timer runs out, not sitting in the pits.

Don't enter the FFB menu AT ALL unless you are in a practice session specifically for tuning FFB. This one seems to be a major trigger for the issues you described.

Neither of these issues seem like a big deal until the lights go out for a 50 lap online race and you realize you have no FFB at all or the wheel tries to shake itself out of your hands in the first corner. If that happens the only thing you can do is pull off the track, stop, pause the game, then power cycle the wheel (always from the pause menu). Even then there is a 50/50 chance that the wheel won't reconnect and you will be stuck with "reconnect controller" on the screen and the only option is to dashboard and close the game. Very, very frustrating especially if you have put in a lot of time practicing and qualifying for the race.

BigDad
01-05-2016, 14:02
Yeah I've had both these issues on so many occasions that I've lost count .
The corrupted ffb can only be removed by pausing the game and returning to the pits , but sometimes you need to do this numerous times .
For the loss of ffb i need to pause the game and power down my wheel and restart it , most of the time ffb returns but often the game will crash .
I've deleted the game and made a complete new install a couple of times but this issue has never improved .
Everything thing has latest updates .
These issues have been reported by me and plenty of others but like most other big issues still in this game (Silverstone classic pit bug, ps4 fan speed in tune menus and photo mode) SMS are unable to resolve and are just leaving us with them .
I guess pCars will just always be the first good sim for console but never be great . =(

I've posted about fan speed in tune screens before but never photo mode because I've never been in that screen until recently , well for me the fan acts the same there as in the tune menus .
The tune fan issue is only when selecting a car and pressing the options button and entering the garage that way not when you are at the track and try to tune the car there .

Fre.Mo
03-05-2016, 06:07
I have still these grinding issues too.

mjemec11
03-05-2016, 06:32
Me too, but less frequently than at launch.

Ekay.jay
03-05-2016, 16:04
I have had the same issues as well. It's no big deal when I'm practicing offline, simply restart back to the pits. But when you start an online race with one of these bugs after you just set pole position in a 30-45 min qualify session, thats a big deal. When online you can't just restart the race, it's completely ruined. Iv had it happen several times, both with my thrustmaster t300 and my fanatec csv2.