PDA

View Full Version : I understand why we can't have Ferrari,s or Lamborghini,s BUT....

SENNABOY1
28-04-2016, 22:26
I understand why on project cars the reason why it hasn't got ferarri,s and lambourghini,s ,
But everyone knows what they look like and sound like,which we all know are very distinctive,so why can't we have cars that look like either of these super cars,and sound like them but give them a different name,there are plenty of highly tuned cars in this world that look and sound like lambo,s etc,or is it not as simple as creating its own cars in this brilliant game,that would be my only reason to go on forza,to drive these 2 Huge manufacturers,too much red tape,

Ryzza5
28-04-2016, 22:31
One possible reason is if SMS ever attempt to bring either of these cars to future games it might be harder to negotiate reasonable license arrangements if we currently have fakes.

Scuderia Paul
28-04-2016, 22:40
I understand where you are coming from but if that was acceptable then there would be no need to license any cars and a small fortune in licensing fees would be saved. PCars would be like a sim Ridge Racer with lookalike cars.

bporion
28-04-2016, 23:04
I understand where you are coming from but if that was acceptable then there would be no need to license any cars and a small fortune in licensing fees would be saved. PCars would be like a sim Ridge Racer with lookalike cars.
I don't think any serious SIM racer would like to only race lookalike cars . I think we have a great diversity of some of the best race cars in the world and if Ferrari and Lamborghini want to join the party they can join Pcars 2 .

Bongomaster
29-04-2016, 00:11
I don't understand why there are no Ferraris or Lambos? It's not like PCARS is some poor little fledgling crowd-funded game. Surely they have the funds to invest in some licencing.
Ask anyone with the basest knowledge of cars to name three cool brands and they will invariably answer Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche (probably in that order). They must siphon a heck of a lot of money through DLC, offer a Ferrari pack for $40 a pop and I'd reckon it would pay for itself. Just my uneducated thoughts.

kevin kirk
29-04-2016, 00:50
My opinion is since the make believe cars in P1 was so good, the marek amd RWD lmp cars. Not having at least a couple of make believe cars in Pcars 2 would be a shame. Yea sure they were to fill in the gaps for a new game, but they were done so good they should be giving the ball to run with again. I have all the dlc and new cars but still go back to those cars.

Silraed
29-04-2016, 04:09
I don't understand why there are no Ferraris or Lambos? It's not like PCARS is some poor little fledgling crowd-funded game. Surely they have the funds to invest in some licencing.
Ask anyone with the basest knowledge of cars to name three cool brands and they will invariably answer Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche (probably in that order). They must siphon a heck of a lot of money through DLC, offer a Ferrari pack for $40 a pop and I'd reckon it would pay for itself. Just my uneducated thoughts.

It isn't as simple as just throwing the money at the manufacturer and them giving you a license. I highly doubt many people around here would pay $40 for a Ferrari DLC pack either, hell look at the people complaining at paying $5 for the DLC we already have.

Also I asked my sister that car brand question earlier and she answered: Holden, Ford and Audi. In that order. The Italian sports car brands of yesteryear are not as universally popular now days as some people would like to think.

Ian Bell
29-04-2016, 04:14
One possible reason is if SMS ever attempt to bring either of these cars to future games it might be harder to negotiate reasonable license arrangements if we currently have fakes.

That's exactly the reason. And we are talking to Porsche and Ferrari and Lamborghini at the moment. If we'd shipped ripped off versions of their cars we'd be in a very poor bargaining position. Maybe we'd be ignored totally.

Rambo_Commando
29-04-2016, 05:18
That's exactly the reason. And we are talking to Porsche and Ferrari and Lamborghini at the moment. If we'd shipped ripped off versions of their cars we'd be in a very poor bargaining position. Maybe we'd be ignored totally.

Honestly, I thought it would be the other way around. You guys have produced the best racing game on console, ever. One would think these manufacturers would be lining up in front your door wanting to get a chance for their cars to be in your game.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
29-04-2016, 05:19
I don't understand why there are no Ferraris or Lambos? It's not like PCARS is some poor little fledgling crowd-funded game.The game actually was largely crowdfunded, and definitely done with a minuscule budget compared to almost any other AAA-racing game, without a publisher (BAMCO was mostly a distributor). And even humongous studios like Ubisoft have said that the licenses for companies like Ferrari and Lamborghini can be prohibitively expensive. Being SMS's first fully own product, made without publisher intervention, and being a multiplatform vs. a single platform game could also have affected things in the negotiations. Sure, there was money for licensing, which is why nearly 30 marques are featured in the game, some of which seemingly only came about after the game was released and turned out to be successful.

talking to PorscheHopefully it'll go better this time, I still remember the whole Automaniax debacle...

29-04-2016, 05:21
Honestly, I thought it would be the other way around. You guys have produced the best racing game on console, ever. One would think these manufacturers would be lining up in front your door wanting to get a chance for their cars to be in your game.In a fair world they would indeed get paid for their advertising, but car companies still don't appreciate it enough for the most part. SMS is using their IP, and the licenses are desirable to SMS since the game benefits from them, so the companies want money.

Scuderia Paul
29-04-2016, 05:42
I don't think any serious SIM racer would like to only race lookalike cars . I think we have a great diversity of some of the best race cars in the world and if Ferrari and Lamborghini want to join the party they can join Pcars 2 .
I think our car roster is great too. I never really understood the hate from some corners about the list. Yes, it's missing some good stuff but what racing game isn't.

It has the Toyota TS040-HYBRID so it is already amazing anyway!

Sankyo
29-04-2016, 06:33
Honestly, I thought it would be the other way around. You guys have produced the best racing game on console, ever. One would think these manufacturers would be lining up in front your door wanting to get a chance for their cars to be in your game.
Strangely enough, it still doesn't work that way, at least not for the majority of car brands. Maybe they're still unfamiliar with computer games and the number of people they'll reach through it, or they regard computer games as something for kids and not a 'marketing channel', or they're only looking at the instant money they get from licensing, who knows.

Or maybe it only works like this for small, relatively unknown franchises, and Forza/Gran Turismo have a different position? Dunno.

Ian Bell
29-04-2016, 06:51

Yup, we're still waiting for that Rambo.

Invincible
29-04-2016, 06:52
Yup, we're still waiting for that Rambo.

We're all dreaming of this to happen.

Ian Bell
29-04-2016, 06:56
As I see it. We recreate these cars perfectly. We work for months at a huge cost to ensure the look, both internally and externally is as close to reality as possible. We spend months on the physics, begging for information that will help us better replicate that reality. All of which showcases their cars, and to a demographic that they are yearning to capture.

We need to pay them for that privilage. But, if we can make a film about a post holocaust US city and 'showcase' their car, hey, they pay us millions.

It's a little odd I agree, but it is what it is.

Invincible
29-04-2016, 07:03
We need to pay them for that privilage. But, if we can make a film about a post holocaust US city and 'showcase' their car, hey, they pay us millions.

Well - it's "Pcars 2 - the Movie" then

cluck
29-04-2016, 07:53
Well - it's "Pcars 2 - the Movie" thenI'll write the script :D

In a deserted wasteland of decay and rotten garbage (just outside Slough on the M4 corridor) sits a man with one thing on his mind. Revenge. He blips the blipper of his inexplicably shiny Porsche GT RS 3 Turbo XR +1 (and brand new - what's up with that, how did he get a brand new one, the world has gone to pot and he's rocking around in a brand new shiny Porsche. Ahem). The doors of this impeccably designed car, honed over decades of evolutionary changes that always retain that '911' look that their customers adore, click open. He pulls the door lever and notes how the door opens gently, but with just the right amount of weight to let you know "I bought a Porsche, not a VW". He takes a second to admire the luscious interior, just 'bare enough' to remind him that it could be a thoroughbred racer but with all the comfort and gadgets of an everyday car. He slides into the rarest breed of alpaca leather seats and brings his arms up to the beautifully contoured steering wheel. He glances down at the centre console, nods to himself and says "I'm home".

That's got to be worth a couple of million from Porsche to help fund the film, surely :D.

Ian Bell
29-04-2016, 07:56
I'll write the script :D

That's got to be worth a couple of million from Porsche to help fund the film, surely :D.

You got me deep Cluck.

Sankyo
29-04-2016, 07:58
I'll write the script :D

Here's a head start on the sequel:

Vroooooooooommm rooooaaaaaarrrr eeeeeeeeeeeee vblblblblblblllvlroooooomoooommooommm eeooooooooowrooooaaaarrrr

Machinist90
29-04-2016, 09:30
it's a shame the manufacturers act this way but on the bright side we got Machine Dojo's project for PC,all the mods and such make me invest so much time in pcars 1,enough to last till pcars 2

DreamsKnight
29-04-2016, 09:39
in my first experience with this game i also wanted lambo, ferrari etc... but this is superficial. the problem was i didn't know a lot of the car inside the game.

pcars do my culture bigger and i discovering so much funny cars inside the game that a idon't care so much about a lambo or a ferrari.

As I see it. We recreate these cars perfectly. We work for months at a huge cost to ensure the look, both internally and externally is as close to reality as possible. We spend months on the physics, begging for information that will help us better replicate that reality. All of which showcases their cars, and to a demographic that they are yearning to capture.

Mr Marchionne, (FIAT, FCA, call as you want) is opening the wallet a lot.

Alfa Mito in fast and furious, bruce waine in a FIAT (that is not a jeep) instead an hypercar. :O

ps: speak with lancia, please. has a lot of iconic cars. :D

Ian Bell
29-04-2016, 09:59
in my first experience with this game i also wanted lambo, ferrari etc... but this is superficial. the problem was i didn't know a lot of the car inside the game.

pcars do my culture bigger and i discovering so much funny cars inside the game that a idon't care so much about a lambo or a ferrari.

Mr Marchionne, (FIAT, FCA, call as you want) is opening the wallet a lot.

Alfa Mito in fast and furious, bruce waine in a FIAT (that is not a jeep) instead an hypercar. :O

ps: speak with lancia, please. has a lot of iconic cars. :D

I like Lancia. My dad had a Lancia Delta in 1996 and I always sort of dreamed it was an Integrale.

AirFlight101
29-04-2016, 10:03
The Sound of the Ferraris is very special. I like the sound if you overtake a Ferrari in Assetto Corsa very much. Also watching Le Mans at night you can identify a Ferrari by its noise from all other cars. Would be awesome to have Ferraris in PCars2.

The new Lamborghini Huracan is the same car like the Audi LMS. You don't can hear any difference, i heard it last week in Oschersleben. Lamborghini just build a new bodywork.

Yorkie065
29-04-2016, 10:08
Here's a head start on the sequel:

Can we have a narrator too? I'd be more than happy for that!

"Hey guys it's Yorkie here bringing you Project Cars 2, The Film! Unfortunately today however, Cluck is driving so please bear with us while we wait 20 minutes for him to appear on the exit of the corner at the top of the picture..."

:rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :p :p :p

Edit:

The Sound of the Ferraris is very special. I like the sound if you overtake a Ferrari in Assetto Corsa very much. Also watching Le Mans at night you can identify a Ferrari by its noise from all other cars. Would be awesome to have Ferraris in PCars2.

The new Lamborghini Huracan is the same car like the Audi LMS. You don't can hear any difference, i heard it last week in Oschersleben. Lamborghini just build a new bodywork.

Not the new 488. Seeing and "hearing it" at Silverstone for the opener of the WEC was disappointing. I think there was 2 or 3 488's, and a single 458. Could barely hear the 488's and didn't sound like a Ferrari at all. The 458 however, doesn't disappoint! Good old screaming European V8 magic came from that thing!

Diamond_Eyes
29-04-2016, 10:21
All luxury car brands play on the fact they are prohibitively expensive

and most of them extend that arrogance to sim licences. To them I just say "meh..."

havocc
29-04-2016, 10:32
Not the new 488. Seeing and "hearing it" at Silverstone for the opener of the WEC was disappointing. I think there was 2 or 3 488's, and a single 458. Could barely hear the 488's and didn't sound like a Ferrari at all. The 458 however, doesn't disappoint! Good old screaming European V8 magic came from that thing!

How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0MGc5LQso

DreamsKnight
29-04-2016, 10:38
I like Lancia. My dad had a Lancia Delta in 1996 and I always sort of dreamed it was an Integrale.

i want to read in the lines.:barbershop_quartet_

cluck
29-04-2016, 11:07

"Hey guys it's Yorkie here bringing you Project Cars 2, The Film! Unfortunately today however, Cluck is driving so please bear with us while we wait 20 minutes for him to appear on the exit of the corner at the top of the picture..."

How VERY dare you :mad:

It should read

"Hey guys it's Yorkie here bringing you Project Cars 2, The Film! Unfortunately today however, Cluck is driving so please bear with us while we wait a couple of hours for him to appear on the exit of the corner at the top of the picture without crashing from overcooking it..."

Thank you :p

:D

FS7
29-04-2016, 11:56
Having makes such as Ferrari, Porsche & Lamborghini would be great, but personally I care more about having more racing classes than specific manufacturers. If PCars2 keeps all the racing classes from PCars1 and adds a few more classes such as Super GT500/300, Brazilian StockCar, IndyLights, Formula E, that would would be awesome.
Also, I'm curious as to whether all the tracks from PCars1 will return in PCars2. Although I consider PCars1's track list the best one on console I think SMS should try to include more non-European tracks: Interlagos, Macau, Kyalami, Autopolis, Surfers Paradise, Long Beach, etc. More tracks give the game more replay value than cars imo.

Rambo_Commando
29-04-2016, 14:49
+1 for Surfers Paradise.

havocc
29-04-2016, 15:01
Add Narḍ, is 35km from me :D

LogRoad
29-04-2016, 15:19
How about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z0MGc5LQso

Yeah, but pCARS has better looking trees and grass.

Jerry Buzz
29-04-2016, 19:54
I'd give good money American to run Interlagos on something other than Automobolista. Not crapping on Automobolista, you understand. I love it. I'd just like to run it on PCars.

SENNABOY1
29-04-2016, 22:48
Someone mentioned earlier,would we pay good money for a dlc for more super car manufactures,yes I would,rather that than buy forza 6,get bored with that after a few months,the handling is not the same,I for one absolutely love project cars,and wouldn't hesitate spending £25 on a big dlc with these famous and beautifully sounding machines blasting through our sound systems,but not everyone has got that kind of money to throw around,

marcelo carbon
30-04-2016, 00:23
as it would cost the Ferrari license to project cars 2?

Rambo_Commando
30-04-2016, 02:51
Well if we ever see a Ferrari in Pcars2 I would hope to see Fiorano as well.

mjemec11
30-04-2016, 12:49
I don't care much for Lambos or Ferraris, I'd rather see new tracks like Zandvoort, Red Bull Ring, Macau, Interlagos and Mugello in pCARS 2.

pavano
30-04-2016, 12:52
I don't care much for Lambos or Ferraris, I'd rather see new tracks like Zandvoort, Red Bull Ring, Macau, Interlagos and Mugello in pCARS 2.

agree, except for Red Bull Ring

OldSlowGuy
30-04-2016, 15:29
Frankly, it's not like these supercar manufacturers even care about sim racers. It's not like we're their target market. My opinion is that we've got a great car list already (not that it couldn't use some more:p). Sure I'd love to see these cars represented in the game but as has been mentioned if the cost of a single car is up in the $40 to $50 range I doubt there's very many that would be bought.

30-04-2016, 15:34
Frankly, it's not like these supercar manufacturers even care about sim racers. It's not like we're their target market. My opinion is that we've got a great car list already (not that it couldn't use some more:p). Sure I'd love to see these cars represented in the game but as has been mentioned if the cost of a single car is up in the $40 to $50 range I doubt there's very many that would be bought.This reminds me, at one point I was playing Asphalt 8 on my phone, and for reasons beyond the current me I checked the store. The new Mustang was for sale there at a price of 75€. For one car. For a Mustang. It was insanity.

hkraft300
01-05-2016, 01:10
This reminds me, at one point I was playing Asphalt 8 on my phone, and for reasons beyond the current me I checked the store. The new Mustang was for sale there at a price of 75€. For one car. For a Mustang. It was insanity.

I wonder how many sales that achieved :rolleyes:

EmilGlockner
01-05-2016, 01:11
I wonder how many sales that achieved :rolleyes:

None, I hope.