PDA

View Full Version : Porsche 991GT3RS 2016 by JDougNY and GvsE [car mod]

Mike Scott
29-04-2016, 15:59
Porsche 991GT3RS 2016 (for game version 10.3)

Converted by JDougNY and GvsE (aka Mike Scott) from the Rfactor mod by PTSoftCorpRFTeam (permission granted by PTSoftCorpRFTeam at http://f1classic.your-talk.com forum).
Sounds and rgt8 cockpit elements by SMS.

Custom physics and model modifications by JDougNY and GvsE.

GT3RS Rev 1.01 change Log (update provided by JDougNY!)
- Revised torque curve of engine. Lowered rev limiter to 8800rpm
- Changed default final gear ratio, along with other final gear options via tuning
- Adjustments in CSD file due to rev limiter change
- Edited Cockpit diffuse/glow textures to reflect 8800rpm redline
- Edited statistics file due to top speed reduction
- Edited tach texture for HUD
- Resized brake discs

DOWNLOAD:
RD (http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/porsche-991gt3rs-2016.10151/)

NoGrip (http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=43349)(pending approval)

Installation instructions*:
1. After extracting the archive move the MODS folder to your Project Cars directory
1.1 There are 2 versions of the vehicle: 32bit and 64bit. If you launch the game from pCARS.exe then use the 32bit ver, and if pCARS64.exe then use the 64 bit variant.
2. Use JSGME to activate the mod (either 32bit or 64bit)
3. Navigate to SteamApps\common\pCars directory and check if you already have mods.txt file.

If you do then:
a. Open it in text editor and add the following lines at the end of the file:
Vehicles\GT3RS_16\GT3RS_16.crd
:tyres: "Faretti Street-Medium" "Faretti Street-Medium-Rear" "Faretti Track-Soft" "Faretti Track-Soft-Rear" "Faretti All Weather" "Faretti All Weather-Rear"
:hud: GT3RS_16

If you do not, then copy the mods.txt file provided in the archive and paste it in this directory.

*If you are updating the mod then prior to activating the new version deactivate the previous version using JSGME (open JSGME, highlight the mod in the right side pane and use arrow button in the center to deactivate the mod)

Tommi-TAG
29-04-2016, 18:19
Thanks for this new addition, JDougNY and Mike.
The Mod worked fine. And I've enjoyed a race on Azure Coast. :)
The car looks very cool in-game. As an old NFS: Porsche Unleashed fan, yellow car is a must for me.
Thanks again for this beautiful car for the community as always! :D

Blueflight
29-04-2016, 18:50
Great!

LamboMantisMan23
29-04-2016, 19:26
Just what I was waiting for! Fantastic job chaps!

IJOJOI
29-04-2016, 20:51
Hi mate!

Great mod!
But unfortunately I am too stupid to install it :D
I I've just downloaded the latest Custom Grid tool, and worked with the included JSGME.

It works with the R8 LMS, but not with any other mod cars.
Do I need the "unlocker" again?

EDIT:
Found out, what was wrong :D
The R8 overwrites the "mods.txt" and all the stuff i added there beforehand.
Well, all good now!
Best Regards

M4MKey
29-04-2016, 21:55
Nice work ! Tried it. It feels more nimble than the 911R by JDougNY but what is really different physics wise ? The two cars seems to reach 310kph, and almost same bhp ? Would love more info about the car's stats :)

IJOJOI
30-04-2016, 08:50
Nice work ! Tried it. It feels more nimble than the 911R by JDougNY but what is really different physics wise ? The two cars seems to reach 310kph, and almost same bhp ? Would love more info about the car's stats :)

To me the car feels a lot more planted in longer high speed corners, probabaly due to the aero.
Furthermore, it way more stable out of corners, and the turn in feels better too.

In terms of engine, these two cars are VERY similar IRL.

911.R:
500HP@8250U/min
0-100km/h: 3,8s
V-max: 323km/h

911 GT3 RS:
500HP@8250U/min
0-100km/h: 3,3s
V-max: 315km/h

As you can see, these are pretty much the same in terms of performance, since they share the same engine, as well as most of the suspesion parts.
Due to the longer gearing and less drag, the 911.R even has a higher topspeed.

No wonder, they feel pretty much the same :D

Jack Spade
30-04-2016, 11:38
Tweaker Files V2.8.3 posted - Porsche GT3 RS 16 (mod) added.

nivadepi
30-04-2016, 16:44
Thank you very much for this great and beautiful mod.
Just did a night race on nords and all I can say is : wow.... and, thank you again.

XenoMan
01-05-2016, 14:13
Great work as always!

XenoMan
01-05-2016, 14:27
Tweaker Files V2.8.3 posted - Porsche GT3 RS 16 (mod) added.

Can you please write Fx Scale, Fy, Fz and other parameters? Because they're not delivered to http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/ yet :)

Jack Spade
01-05-2016, 15:37
Can you please write Fx Scale, Fy, Fz and other parameters? Because they're not delivered to http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/ yet :)

I have 9 different sets of tweaker files available make your choice, pretty easy to take the values from there * 100.

name of file: FFBTweakers_GT3RS_16

XenoMan
01-05-2016, 15:49
I have 9 different sets of tweaker files available make your choice, pretty easy to take the values from there * 100.

name of file: FFBTweakers_GT3RS_16

I'm just too lazy to download big zip file :D I'm interested in Kebs Minus - Fy+Sop Mix

Roger Prynne
01-05-2016, 16:03
^^^ Come on guy, It only takes 2 secs to DL all of Jacks files. (1.12MB)

XenoMan
01-05-2016, 16:10
^^^ Come on guy, It only takes 2 secs to DL all of Jacks files. (1.12MB)

Well, I already did it... but to have these setting on http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/ would be nice too :D

IJOJOI
01-05-2016, 18:31
@JDougNY
I really love this mod ;)
Great feel, great physics, the car is very nimble and alive! :D

One small thing tough.
The GT3 RS as well as the 911.R both have about 470-480hp ingame,
IRL they have 500hp, is that intended?

Best Regards ;)

M4MKey
01-05-2016, 18:55
@JDougNY

One small thing tough.

Best Regards ;)

Where did you try the car ? Don't forget they are Naturally aspirated. So elevation will loose you some HP :)

Invincible
01-05-2016, 18:56
For best results, try it on Mojave test track.

IJOJOI
01-05-2016, 19:09
Where did you try the car ? Don't forget they are Naturally aspirated. So elevation will loose you some HP :)

I know, that's why I wrote 470-480hp :D

Futhermore, Porsche is known to measure the hp Level in "worse" conditions, so they normally have a little more hp than they claim.

JDougNy
02-05-2016, 13:03
@JDougNY

One small thing tough.

Best Regards ;)

The advertised 500hp rating is in metric HP (or PS). Since the game produces non-metric HP (SAE Hp ratings used in the USA), I derate to 493hp. I do this anytime a car is quoted with a metric HP rating. Here's a simple PS to HP conversion tool that I use.... http://www.convertunits.com/from/ps/to/hp
Some tracks seem to cut away some power in pCars. What I do I verify peak HP at Mojave test track (top speed, too).

IJOJOI
02-05-2016, 15:52
The advertised 500hp rating is in metric HP (or PS). Since the game produces non-metric HP (SAE Hp ratings used in the USA), I derate to 493hp. I do this anytime a car is quoted with a metric HP rating. Here's a simple PS to HP conversion tool that I use.... http://www.convertunits.com/from/ps/to/hp
Some tracks seem to cut away some power in pCars. What I do I verify peak HP at Mojave test track (top speed, too).

LOL I am in pCars since 2012 and never noticed that they are not using the "european" PS ^^

Thx for the headsup mate. :)

plakplak
03-05-2016, 11:39
Some observations
1. Real car has 4.19 final drive ratio, not 3.97 (non-RS GT3 991 has 3.97)
2. Limiter is set on 9000 RPM, in real car it is 8750 RPM
3. Power at high RPM should drop a little above 8250 RPM while in game it stays on nearly same level.
Here are some dyno graphs, first from Porsche Brochure, second from Sport Auto Supertest
4) Plus in case you didn't find these informations: (per Sport Auto article) car has 2.14 m2 frontal area, 0.34 drag coefficient, 50 kg of downforce at front and 94kg at rear at speed of 200km/h
and here are camber/caster and weight listings

JDougNy
03-05-2016, 19:39
@ plakplak
If we're going to talk about the real engine power, you first need to show a real dyno chart. The dyno chart you posted is of the estimated (imaginary, made up) HP that the manufacturer claims is at the flywheel. I've very sure a real dyno chart showing the actual RWHP would be quite enlightening for the people following this thread. I cut out 15% of the power to cover drivetrain losses (via all friction paramters) and chances are that after seeing a real dyno chart of actual RWHP, I would have to cut even more power out of the engine through friction.

As far as how the power falls off after peak HP, the game applies smoothing to the torque curve being fed into the physics. So, if the HP radically falls off the cliff after peak HP, there may need to be some compromises made in the game in order to still see the target peak HP. From what I read, the redline of car is 8800rpm and I set the cutoff a little higher than the redline.

For the gear ratios, I had multiple sources all with the same ratios being stated and that's what I had used.
I did find the drag and downforce information and it's factored into my work. However, with the rear wing, there is more drag added as the wing setting is increased.
My spring/bump/rebound rates will appear different, should people start looking that up (too) as a means to contradict me. That is due to the motion ratio I've established, the front/rear spring frequency I targeted and my choice on level of critical damping.
The last pic you posted I can't read, due to different language. I live in USA. However, some real settings (like camber) may not carry over well into a game.

plakplak
03-05-2016, 20:35
Blue line on second dyno graph actually shows WHP.
For redline, you are right, it is 8800. Although I'm not sure if engine can go past it.
For final gear ratio, few sources:

The ratios are identical to GT3, but a shorter final drive (4.19 vs 3.97) means it pulls through the rev range with that little extra ferocity.
http://www.motormag.com.au/reviews/1603/porsche-911-gt3-rs-review/

232581 (http://www.motormag.com.au/reviews/1603/porsche-911-gt3-rs-review/)

Last pic shows measured corner weights with driver (mit Fahrer) and without (ohne Fahrer).
And thanks for your mods, keep it up.

Mike Scott
03-05-2016, 21:53
give us some credit. Going by stats from a car magazine alone will not create a mod. You need to know how things work within the confines of the game engine and interpret the stats accordingly. Apart from the devs I doubt there's anyone out there with a better handle on how things work in pcars and shift than JDougNY.

Engine Of Darkness
03-05-2016, 22:00

"Air Density" is altitude driven in pcars, and the engine power is changing based on the altitude. So higher up = less dense air and less power. For a Turbo car, the effect should be (not checked myself) almost not existing so one could check if that's the case (im quite sure it is).

Mike Scott
05-05-2016, 15:38
The car has been updated. See first post for details :)

IJOJOI
05-05-2016, 15:47
Thank you guys!!!
YEES!

Reiche
05-05-2016, 18:53
Just wondering if the updates are based on Mike's input. If so: Thanks to you, Mike!

And of course, a huge thank you to JDougNY and GsvE

Mike Scott
05-05-2016, 20:22
Erm, I stated in the opening post that Mike = gvse. It's just my nick at this forum.
As for the recent physics update, it's all thanks to JDougNY: he's the wizard behind the handling of our cars.

Reiche
05-05-2016, 21:20
Erm, I stated in the opening post that Mike = gvse. It's just my nick at this forum.
As for the recent physics update, it's all thanks to JDougNY: he's the wizard behind the handling of our cars.

Apologies.. =D
Lol.. I'm just seeing how confused I was.. I think I meant plakplak's input.. Anyway, great mod(s), fun to drive (GT3 RS, 911R is only nice to look at so far, but that's my fault =D)

JetPistol
06-05-2016, 08:18
Nice work on the 911R! :D However with the 991 GT3 RS enabled in the same way my game instantly crashes (Access Violation) when selecting the Porsche badge in the vehicle selection menu. I've tried it several times with both the 32 and 64bit version. 991 GT3 RS is great, too. (Restarting the PC did solve the issue.)

Adding GT3 Slicks to the tire selection actually brings it pretty close to GT3 Cup performance. :cool: Just did a 1:46,9xx at Imola.

http://youtu.be/mDf7Dn4DUs0

NoBrakes
06-05-2016, 08:56
Nice work on the 911R! :D [...]

Adding GT3 Slicks to the tire selection actually brings it pretty close to GT3 Cup performance. :cool:

I second this. A really great mod especially for a big Porsche fan like me - thanks a lot. That keeps me using pCARS again.

About tires: yes, is there a possibility to add the Pirellis from the 911R to it at least? I don't know if its just placebo effect but I have the feeling that the pre-installed Farettis are a lot worse than the compounds of its "little" brother

JetPistol
06-05-2016, 09:50
About tires: yes, is there a possibility to add the Pirellis from the 911R to it at least? I don't know if its just placebo effect but I have the feeling that the pre-installed Farettis are a lot worse than the compounds of its "little" brother

You can add any tire in the game to the car by extending the respective line in the mods.txt with the desired compound. Just copy the 911R line to 991GT3.

NoBrakes
06-05-2016, 10:43
You can add any tire in the game to the car by extending the respective line in the mods.txt with the desired compound. Just copy the 911R line to 991GT3.

I am aware of this possibility, but would it use the correct tire design then, too, or just the physics of another tire?

XenoMan
06-05-2016, 16:22
Adding GT3 Slicks to the tire selection actually brings it pretty close to GT3 Cup performance. :cool: Just did a 1:46,9xx at Imola.

It works! Now we can do porsche gt3 cup series :D

Tommi-TAG
07-05-2016, 02:15
Thanks for the update, JDougNY and Mike! :)

NemethR
06-06-2016, 10:36
Hello guys, I tried to make skins for the 2 Porsche Add-On cars.

But I ran into some issues:

- There are parts of the car, that do not have texture files.
Like the steering wheel, the rear spoiler holder, maybe more.
Is there a way to extract the textures from the MTX or MEB files? - I have no idea what these files actually are tbh.
Or could we get texture files for those parts of the cars.

A 2nd question would be:
- I tried to replace the interior texture, to adjust the interior colors of a specific car, but when I include the new texture files into the .rcf I get pure white interior, without textures. - Is there a limitation on what textures can be changed?
example: <REPLACE TEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\GT3RS_16_interior_diff.dds" NEWTEXTURE="Vehicles\Textures\GT3RS_16_interior_new_diff.dds" />

And finally:
- I tried to color the wheels of the GT3 RS white, but it seems to have no effect what so ever. I was wondering, if the car actually uses the texture file.?

Thank you.

Mike Scott
06-06-2016, 17:05
every element has to have a texture or it will show up as white. Also textures are never part of material or meb files but always separate dds files so there's no extracting them.
Textures (dds) are defined in material files (bmt and mtx). To check what material is assigned to a mesh you can open a meb file in hex editor and search for text string starting with "vehicles" and what follows there is the name of the material file (often multiple materials per mesh). It's quite easy to replace textures if the material is written in mtx and way more difficult if in bmt (requires hex-editing and preserving the same or lower number of bytes).

OutbreakDV
06-06-2016, 23:45
This car is great. Especially if you add the GT3 tires like the guy above said. I love it.

NemethR
08-06-2016, 12:32
every element has to have a texture or it will show up as white. Also textures are never part of material or meb files but always separate dds files so there's no extracting them.
Textures (dds) are defined in material files (bmt and mtx). To check what material is assigned to a mesh you can open a meb file in hex editor and search for text string starting with "vehicles" and what follows there is the name of the material file (often multiple materials per mesh). It's quite easy to replace textures if the material is written in mtx and way more difficult if in bmt (requires hex-editing and preserving the same or lower number of bytes).

Thank you very much, I will try to find out what can I change.

Yet what can be the issue if I have a texture file, it is a valid one I have replaced it in the .rcf file, but it shows up as white?
I checked, and double checked the name, and even renamed it do a different name, and its still white.

fighterboy66
14-06-2016, 11:15
http://imageshack.com/a/img923/1402/TPHX5Z.jpg

Like it, a few laps rounds Brands.

daohaus
23-06-2016, 05:56
After having success running the 911R, I tried to run this mod. I tried the safe route and deactivated the 911R and activated the GT3 copy and pasted the MOD.txt file and enabled it in the JSMEG, I launch the game, see the Porsche crest but when I click it does nothing then screen goes blank and the game eventually crashes. Not sure what I did wrong.

NoBrakes
23-06-2016, 11:24
After having success running the 911R, I tried to run this mod. I tried the safe route and deactivated the 911R and activated the GT3 copy and pasted the MOD.txt file and enabled it in the JSMEG, I launch the game, see the Porsche crest but when I click it does nothing then screen goes blank and the game eventually crashes. Not sure what I did wrong.

Sounds strange ... I run both together - don't remember which one I installed first, but I don't think there's a difference. Maybe check if everything is according to the installation notes ("MOD.txt" should be named "mods.txt", if I remember right ... maybe that's the fault?)

Marine
23-06-2016, 12:37
Here are a few Screenshots!
This is awesome work thank you!

daohaus
23-06-2016, 15:42
Sounds strange ... I run both together - don't remember which one I installed first, but I don't think there's a difference. Maybe check if everything is according to the installation notes ("MOD.txt" should be named "mods.txt", if I remember right ... maybe that's the fault?)

Im sure i typed it wrong on this post, but what i did find strange when i activated the RS mod on the program it got this pop up window that had a string of comments saying such and such files already exists (referring to the 911R) which I found strange.

NoBrakes
23-06-2016, 20:29
Im sure i typed it wrong on this post, but what i did find strange when i activated the RS mod on the program it got this pop up window that had a string of comments saying such and such files already exists (referring to the 911R) which I found strange.

That's normal because all the mods use some kind of common directory structure. Just accept the warning and let the JSGME tool do the copying. Else the mod installation may be broken, what maybe happened in your case.

daohaus
23-06-2016, 22:15
That's normal because all the mods use some kind of common directory structure. Just accept the warning and let the JSGME tool do the copying. Else the mod installation may be broken, what maybe happened in your case.

that would suck, because i downloaded it from racedepartment, so i'll have to find another source file and see if it works.

Thanks for the tip, i'll accept, i just didnt want to accept and have the thing act all wonky. I'll give it a try tonight when i get home

daohaus
24-06-2016, 02:57
Got it to work, copied all the MOD files over again and edited the text file and it showed up. SOOOOOO Beautiful thank you so much for this.

CARiDcom
24-06-2016, 10:25
Really awesome looking models and CG, good job on that!