PDA

View Full Version : FFB Tweaks

klorptar
30-04-2016, 04:19
What are your personal tweaks for FFB? Specifically for body scale and SoP. I really like the feel of the FFB in Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa, and I can't find a setting that feels quite right in P CARS. It feels like the wheel automatically corrects itself when you start to lose grip, and in lateral movement if the car breaks free the wheel is too heavy. I've tried the jack spade settings, and it still feels a little off. It's definitely useable, but there's so many settings, I know that I can make it perfect.

morpwr
30-04-2016, 04:38
What are your personal tweaks for FFB? Specifically for body scale and SoP. I really like the feel of the FFB in Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa, and I can't find a setting that feels quite right in P CARS. It feels like the wheel automatically corrects itself when you start to lose grip, and in lateral movement if the car breaks free the wheel is too heavy. I've tried the jack spade settings, and it still feels a little off. It's definitely useable, but there's so many settings, I know that I can make it perfect.

What wheel are you using?

klorptar
30-04-2016, 04:39
T300 RS

morpwr
30-04-2016, 04:51
T300 RS

I would use jacks car settings. I prefer the classic myself but that's just my opinion. The oscarolim site has wheel settings posted with the car ffb you can try from many t300 users including myself. There is a link to that site in jacks forum in the console section. That should get you straightened out. If you try mine I think the ffb master is outdated I'm at 68 but feel free to set that to whatever feels good to you.

Exoil
30-04-2016, 05:35
I would use jacks car settings. I prefer the classic myself but that's just my opinion. The oscarolim site has wheel settings posted with the car ffb you can try from many t300 users including myself. There is a link to that site in jacks forum in the console section. That should get you straightened out. If you try mine I think the ffb master is outdated I'm at 68 but feel free to set that to whatever feels good to you.

I'm using JackSpades Classic settings with my T300RS and they feel great for every car except the open wheel ones. Especially the karts. Compare the default 250cc settings to Jacks and you'll notice a huge difference.

Riccardo De Rosa
30-04-2016, 05:55
JackSpades Classic settings with my T300RS

flatspunout
30-04-2016, 07:35
The heavy feeling when the car breaks loose...I think I know exactly what you mean but for the life of me i can't fix it. The slide starts, wheel goes a little light so give it a flick of countersteer, but then when I try to flick back it's like the wheel is over-saturated, thick and heavy...almost like it is actively trying to resist my movement instead of just providing feedback. From what I understand of the global settings it seems like a Per Wheel Movement or bleed setting is out of balance with something else but I can't figure it out.

poirqc
30-04-2016, 11:23

Ideally, you should post your whole settings. It make it easier to suggest settings changes.

morpwr
30-04-2016, 13:43
I'm using JackSpades Classic settings with my T300RS and they feel great for every car except the open wheel ones. Especially the karts. Compare the default 250cc settings to Jacks and you'll notice a huge difference.

Wheel settings will do that. Especially in the open wheel cars. If youre using jacks classic settings id give my settings a shot. Ive been running open wheel for the last 2 weeks with no issues. They are on the oscarolim site that jack has a link to on his forum page.

morpwr
30-04-2016, 13:49
The heavy feeling when the car breaks loose...I think I know exactly what you mean but for the life of me i can't fix it. The slide starts, wheel goes a little light so give it a flick of countersteer, but then when I try to flick back it's like the wheel is over-saturated, thick and heavy...almost like it is actively trying to resist my movement instead of just providing feedback. From what I understand of the global settings it seems like a Per Wheel Movement or bleed setting is out of balance with something else but I can't figure it out.

Per wheel movement is to take built in drag out. Id try turning down bleed for sure if youre still at .10 its too high. That high will actually make the wheel grab for a split second its hard to feel until you get rid of it. Id try turning it down to about .03 and see if that helps. What are you using for the car ffb settings as it will make a difference also. If youre using jacks like most of us the bleed would be a good start.

flatspunout
01-05-2016, 09:35
Per wheel movement is to take built in drag out. Id try turning down bleed for sure if youre still at .10 its too high. That high will actually make the wheel grab for a split second its hard to feel until you get rid of it. Id try turning it down to about .03 and see if that helps. What are you using for the car ffb settings as it will make a difference also. If youre using jacks like most of us the bleed would be a good start.

That was the fix, thanks! You are right about it being hard to detect, as it isn't a prolonged event that happens all the time and it's only for a split second when it does. Definitely recommend the OP give it a try. I was hoping that fixing the above issue would have a knock-on effect of fixing a similar problem but it did not: a big bump in the center of the wheel rotation in low speed chicanes just as I'm changing directions. First chicane at Monza it happens every time. Quick right to to enter the chicane and as I'm turning back left it's almost like the belt goes slack then catches with a thump right at the center. Does that make sense?

90 20 20 10 100. 0 SoP 0 Body (For open-wheelers which is where the bump is most noticeable)