PDA

View Full Version : just fixed every issue with every cars cockpit view postion by buying a keyboard.

kevin kirk
01-05-2016, 18:06
Totally recommend plugging a keyboard into your xbox to have full movement of cockpit views. Totally solved every seat position movement issue for every car. Maybe its not the true meaning of changing FOV but it does have the effect of allowing low FOV without trading off the sense of speed. Being new to being able to do this, does any of you have anytime tips on using it? Any tips including making it work with the lighting effect of the game, bright views turning darker? Maybe some kind of formula on seat position verses keyboard zoom to not mismatch the inside of the car and outside the outside of the car to how things look? Seems that its pretty easy to do it wrong and have the track looking like its at 80 FOV but the inside of the car looking like its set to 65 FOV.

Dynomight Motorsports
02-05-2016, 15:58
What keys do you use? do you have to use the keyboard everytime you go in the game.

kevin kirk
02-05-2016, 21:45
What keys do you use? do you have to use the keyboard everytime you go in the game.

when driving out of the pit after you get out of pit lane hold ctrl and push the K key. For some reason you have to get out of pit lane to "activate it". Took me forever to figure that out. Then your free to hit start and go back to the pits and choose to monitor if you want to adjust it while your not driving. the keys are QWE ASD. Hit number lock on you number pad part of the keyboard and 8 and 3 will be angle up and down.. The number 5 will reset you camera but in my case it doesnt set it back to the FOV settings I have it set to in the game option camera menu. It looks like it might set it to around 85 or 90.

kevin kirk
02-05-2016, 21:49
The only draw back i have found is the view tends to get slightly darker as you reach a certian distance from the windshield.

kevin kirk
02-05-2016, 21:54

yes everytime you enter a weekend it starts you with the games FOV you have set in the options, then you have to leave the pits to adjust the keyboard movement. Allthough you only have push CTRL+K one time until you turn off the game.

Nickname85
03-05-2016, 23:47
I didn't know it was possible to use a keyboard on pcars. I thought it wasn't possible to assign functions to the keyboard. (keyboard only worked in menu)?!

kevin kirk
04-05-2016, 04:00
I didn't know it was possible to use a keyboard on pcars. I thought it wasn't possible to assign functions to the keyboard. (keyboard only worked in menu)?!

this is about using a keyboard to customize driving views.

ao1977
04-05-2016, 09:08
So these shortcuts work?
http://www.projectcarsvideos.com/2014/12/project-cars-keyboard-shortcuts-for.html

Bealdor
04-05-2016, 09:19
Only a few of them. Most of them are only working in dev builds that are not available for customers.

ao1977
04-05-2016, 14:27
Well, I don't expect "Full damage/repair damage of car" to work, but editing the view / camera settings ingame would be a charm.

Schnizz58
04-05-2016, 15:43
So am I correct in thinking that you still can't use a keyboard for things like changing brake bias on the fly?

Roger Prynne
04-05-2016, 19:11
So am I correct in thinking that you still can't use a keyboard for things like changing brake bias on the fly?

As far as I know you should be able to use any of the keys that are in the controller config in game.

Koza_Nostra
04-05-2016, 19:42
Are you using PC keyboard or some special one just for Xbox?

kevin kirk
05-05-2016, 05:06
Are you using PC keyboard or some special one just for Xbox?

...for adjusting custom views any usb keyboard works

Malcstar
05-05-2016, 14:07
Is it like the free cam on PC? It's been a while since I drove the yellow bird but when I adjusted the seat position there was no limits as you can adjust past the roof or to the back seat. The only thing is that when you have the G-forces on and your too far back it will send you behind the drivers chair and completely blinding your view. That was the only car I've come across that does this.

Schnizz58
05-05-2016, 14:39
As far as I know you should be able to use any of the keys that are in the controller config in game.
OK that confirms my suspicion. Thanks.

kevin kirk
05-05-2016, 16:02
Is it like the free cam on PC? It's been a while since I drove the yellow bird but when I adjusted the seat position there was no limits as you can adjust past the roof or to the back seat. The only thing is that when you have the G-forces on and your too far back it will send you behind the drivers chair and completely blinding your view. That was the only car I've come across that does this.

.....Yea, every cars driving view behaves like the yellow birds driving views adjustment. I havnt played P.C so i dont really know if it behaves exactly like it does on P.C but it is fully adjustable like yellow birds.

Malcstar
05-05-2016, 21:09
wow, looks like im gonna have to try this out.

thanks!

kevin kirk
06-05-2016, 20:15
wow, looks like im gonna have to try this out.

thanks!

press and hold ctrl then push K and release both keys...Camera movements = S is down W is up Q is left E is right A is forward D is back.....on my keyboard I have to hit the number lock key on my number pad over to the side ( top numbers dont work) then the number 8 is pitch up 2 is pitch down 5 is reset to Camera but it also reset the FOV to games default, I think 85. It doesnt reset the FOV to the FOV you have set in the games options.

RoccoTTS
14-05-2016, 16:14
After reading this thread, i bought myself a wireless keyboard and connected it to my x1. Now this is a massive improvement. You have total freedom with the camera positions.
Many thanks Kevin :applause:

kevin kirk
15-05-2016, 00:45
After reading this thread, i bought myself a wireless keyboard and connected it to my x1. Now this is a massive improvement. You have total freedom with the camera positions.
Many thanks Kevin :applause:
....pretty sweet isnt it. Theres a couple of little things that popup like getting to close to the windshield makes it darker and setting the camera right on the hood makes the road super bright causing you to adjust gamma and brightness settings. Its endless what you can do, It allowed me to have a high FOV setting for the sense of speed but still setting were I want in the cockpit. Might not be the "correct" FOV, but

Olijke Poffer
15-05-2016, 08:10
I'm on a 55inch tv and have my fov set to 62. The drawback is that I can't see the mirrors in cockpit view. Perhaps with this new info I can move a bit further backwards. Thanks for the tip. Will test this out today.

RoccoTTS
15-05-2016, 08:38
I start form the bonnet view and move the view back to the windshield, so my tv screen is the windshield and move it to the driver position. The end result is something like the dashcam in dirt rally.

Olijke Poffer
15-05-2016, 11:17
Just tested this on the PS4 and I can confirm it works.

Madwak55
15-05-2016, 11:53
Just tested this on the PS4 and I can confirm it works.

Hmmm, might have to invest in a usb keyboard now :-)

Olijke Poffer
15-05-2016, 12:20
Indeed, buy the cheapest you can find. :p

kevin kirk
15-05-2016, 18:47
Hmmm, might have to invest in a usb keyboard now :-)

yea any cheap usb keyboard works. cordless or other wise.

kevin kirk
15-05-2016, 18:54
I start form the bonnet view and move the view back to the windshield, so my tv screen is the windshield and move it to the driver position. The end result is something like the dashcam in dirt rally.

I am trying to find a tv setting or visual option setting to do that with the cars im not interested in seeing the steering wheel. Any time I get close to the reflection of the sun on the hood or dash board starting from the outside the road gets super bright. I just cant get as close to the hood/dash as I want without the road turning to bright. Turning exposure compensation all the way down helps but the other parts of the track doesnt look right.Do you know of any visual setting that takes away the sun reflection off of the hood/dash/car.

Olijke Poffer
15-05-2016, 19:22
Indeed when using the bonet cam and move the cam backwards inside the car, the screen brightness goes sky high. As soon as you move the cam back oudside the brightness reduces back to normal. But I guess this is just the way it is. It is not meant to use the camera this way..

RoccoTTS
15-05-2016, 20:38
I don't move the cam back inside the car, but just before or after the windscreen depending on the car and i'm moving the cam to the driver's seat.
If you go back too far inside the car, the screen brightness goes too high indeed. You just have to play with the positions a bit.

Dan77 DESTROYER
15-05-2016, 21:37
I shall be ordering a keyboard, thanks guys :)

SweeetFA
18-05-2016, 11:01
This seem's like a good place to ask about helmet view, especially in the BMW 2002 Stanceworks Edition.
When in helmet view there's no helmet showing, is this the way its supposed to be with this car?
Also yesterday I noticed when in cockpit view using the Sauber and having the breaking line on you can see the breaking line going under the car from inside the car.
It seems that if you adjust the seat in one car it adjusts all cars, has the issue been sorted where you can lower, move the seat back to have the view from under the car?
I'm not convinced that the car settings are saving properly, or my save file has some corrupt settings data.

It all seems quiet in the Xbox section, is there a reason.? :confused:

Dan77 DESTROYER
18-05-2016, 12:29
This seem's like a good place to ask about helmet view, especially in the BMW 2002 Stanceworks Edition.
When in helmet view there's no helmet showing, is this the way its supposed to be with this car?
Also yesterday I noticed when in cockpit view using the Sauber and having the breaking line on you can see the breaking line going under the car from inside the car.
It seems that if you adjust the seat in one car it adjusts all cars, has the issue been sorted where you can lower, move the seat back to have the view from under the car?
I'm not convinced that the car settings are saving properly, or my save file has some corrupt settings data.

It all seems quiet in the Xbox section, is there a reason.? :confused:

When you change the car settings are you doing it in the pits or in your garage? If you are doing it in your garage and saving it to ALL tracks it won't work, you have to do it in the pits which will save fine for that car/track combo but if you use the same car on a different track you'll have to tune it again to that track.

RoccoTTS
18-05-2016, 13:15

The driver in old cars like the BMW 2002 SW has no integral helmet, that's the reason why there's no helmet showing.

bobleren
24-05-2016, 16:50
It is awesome, I just tried plugging in a keyboard and found some awesome camera positions.. Really boots the gameplay :)

But! It seems it will not save the camera position, if I exit to the menu's and start up, same car, same track the camera positions are back to default.

I have changed my camera position after leaving the pits... Any idea if it would help to adjust the view from inside the pit? And how would you remove the menus when inside the pit?

Roger Prynne
24-05-2016, 17:13
You cant save the camera positions after using Ctrl-k I'm afraid.
Also you cant remove the menus when in the pits.