View Full Version : HTC Steam Vive setting

pescara33
02-05-2016, 11:49
Hi,i'm francesco from italy.

Yesterday i have receved my htc vive

I try the librevr but i thinks there are some problem

I have a slide of gtx 980 strick asus

The game run in 4k without problem at 60 fps stable

In full hd go about 120 fps,but whe i try librevr there is many problem of resolution.
I try many grafich setting but the game in windowed mode go about 45/60 fps .
I have disable in vr setting reproject because the framerate go to 30 fps stable but is unplayble and very dangerous for my eyes.

I must disable one grafic card because i see that in slide there is many many problem.
At 60 fps is playble buy the resolution is very low and is difficult make many laps.

How i can setting for have a better resolution on vive?
thanks in advance

finagle69
02-05-2016, 23:58
The method for having the game work on the Vive is a hack/patch and is not supported by the devs (correct me if I'm wrong here).

That said, I have a Vive and use the patch to play the game. Even with a 980Ti Hybrid, the Vive hack requires the graphical settings to be turned down quite a lot. Aim for LOW on everything except MEDIUM on car and track detail. Shadow detail OFF. I'd also suggest you turn off the crepuscular rays.

Edit: Also, I have SteamVR reprojection ON for what it's worth.

cluck
03-05-2016, 09:33
The method for having the game work on the Vive is a hack/patch and is not supported by the devs (correct me if I'm wrong here).
You're not wrong but there are rumours, from snippets on here, that they are working on providing native support. To my knowledge, there is still nothing 100% confirmed or official though* :).

* happy to be corrected if something has been announced

pescara33
03-05-2016, 11:15
thanks for reply
the key is the resolution a 1080 and all low go at 90 fps and is playble

with my 980 i try to put ultra on some details but during a race is not possibile the framerate go down
In single lap is possibile and playble
I hope in native support becase i try life for speed and is another story is full playble and very good grafich with the ht vive
if you want i can share my configuration

thanks