PDA

View Full Version : tinted windshields on alot of cars

kevin kirk
02-05-2016, 16:25
I have allways have thought the game just had a darker look to it but playing with free cam I realized its just the windshields on alot cars are tinted. At least thats the effect it has anyway. So much so that when zooming in to the point of where you can see the edge of the windshield and the outside, you can see how much this effect the game. The work around of starting from outside of the car takes away the look to apex feature so thats not any good. What is causing the windshield to look tinted, losing so much of the amazing visuals you see when playing from outside the car? Show helmet is off and raising the exposure compensation helps but its still pretty bad. What visual setting do i need to adjust to not have a tinted windshield effect?Its hurting alot more than causing headlights to be dark. It takes away a huge amount of the visual effects you see when using the outside cameras.

Mahjik
02-05-2016, 16:47
It has to do with the way the camera system works in pCARS. It's a lot like "spot metering" with real life cameras. FWIW, you can see the difference based on seat position as well as FOV.

With the way pCARS1 is done, you'll need to adjust the "Exposure Compensation" in the options when you know you are going to drive one of the cars with a darker interior. What I do is just set the exposure compensation to something that isn't too dark for the tin tops, but isn't too bright for open wheelers.

kevin kirk
02-05-2016, 17:09
It has to do with the way the camera system works in pCARS. It's a lot like "spot metering" with real life cameras. FWIW, you can see the difference based on seat position as well as FOV.

With the way pCARS1 is done, you'll need to adjust the "Exposure Compensation" in the options when you know you are going to drive one of the cars with a darker interior. What I do is just set the exposure compensation to something that isn't too dark for the tin tops, but isn't too bright for open wheelers.

yea thanks, thats what I do. Im sure what Im trying to do with ctrl + k is probally hurting it some to. Couldnt help but double check with a thread before I embark on a another adventure of trying to find the meaning of the visual effects options. As much as i try to let it go that I dont know what they mean or do, I just cant.

kevin kirk
02-05-2016, 17:33
definition of visual effects if anyone is looking for them http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?36044-Graphics-settings-explanations-and-discussion

Udd-
02-05-2016, 23:03
Yes, it's way to dark when I move the camera fforward a bit. Gotten a bit used to it while driving but looking back at my recorded videos isn't that great https://youtu.be/bu791ArbU0I

Tbolt47
03-05-2016, 10:25
It's a shame there isn't a way to reduce the automatic exposure function, it would be nice if we had something like, full, half and off, even better if you could flip through them will driving. Or just give us the ability to change the exposure compensation while driving.

Some cars are way to bright in the cockpit and some are too dark (though they have adjusted some, there's plently more that need tweaking) and the problem is we like to drive in different positions, some people like to be right forward and some people like to be a lot further back and this can result in quite a change in exposure from the camera, due to the darkness of most interiors.

Mahjik
03-05-2016, 12:48
I've proposed that this setting (along with many others) be at the car level for pCARS2. This way you could set the exposure compensation per car rather than globally to tune each one to your specific seat/FOV adjustment. Hopefully it's something SMS can implement.

Sankyo
03-05-2016, 13:29
I've proposed that this setting (along with many others) be at the car level for pCARS2. This way you could set the exposure compensation per car rather than globally to tune each one to your specific seat/FOV adjustment. Hopefully it's something SMS can implement.
Is it in the Idea Tracker? :)

Mahjik
03-05-2016, 13:39
Is it in the Idea Tracker? :)

You bet: http://pcars2.wmdportal.com/showthread.php?23593-Hierarchy-approach-to-game-settings

kevin kirk
03-05-2016, 16:23
I have found that for the custom view Im trying to get. A top of the dashboard and windshield view. Backing a couple of extra clicks away from the windshield does help a great deal. Its just seems to be a bubble around the windshield that makes it darker. On the flip side starting from out side the car and panning back into the car gives a extra bright view.

kevin kirk
03-05-2016, 16:43
Yes, it's way to dark when I move the camera fforward a bit. Gotten a bit used to it while driving but looking back at my recorded videos isn't that great https://youtu.be/bu791ArbU0I

Thats actually a pretty good view to be that close and not have the car interior to be oversized. What FOV settings do you start with and what is your seat placement adjusted to before using the keyboard to zoom in that close and still have the speed and the good sizing of the interior of the car? Im having trouble with starting with the correct seat placement and FOV before I do my keyboard adjustments. I either get a oversized car interior with huge oversized hands and wheel with a small looking world outside, or the interior looking small with extra small hands while the world outside looks way larger.

TopAirspace
04-05-2016, 12:57
Glad the keyboard worked for you!
Also if you want to drive inside the car but close to the front windscreen just go to the bonnet cam, then move the camera back behind the windshield. It will be much brighter

kevin kirk
04-05-2016, 13:08
Glad the keyboard worked for you!
Also if you want to drive inside the car but close to the front windscreen just go to the bonnet cam, then move the camera back behind the windshield. It will be much brighter....thats my work around i guess until i discover something else. I turn the exposure compensation up and play with my normal cam. During the part of the day that the sun is going down turning the ground/track black I just switch to the bonnet cam adjusted like you said set just like my original cam. After that part of the day when the sun is fully down. I just go back to my original cam i started with since at that point the bonnent cam is to bright and my original cam is just right.

Udd-
04-05-2016, 18:07
Thats actually a pretty good view to be that close and not have the car interior to be oversized. What FOV settings do you start with and what is your seat placement adjusted to before using the keyboard to zoom in that close and still have the speed and the good sizing of the interior of the car? Im having trouble with starting with the correct seat placement and FOV before I do my keyboard adjustments. I either get a oversized car interior with huge oversized hands and wheel with a small looking world outside, or the interior looking small with extra small hands while the world outside looks way larger.

I'm starting in helmetcam at fov 61 playing at a 27" screen as close to my wheel as possible. Then I try to leave the seat as default as possible for all cars. Should be (if you go all the way to the bottom) 13 clicks up from the bottom. And then if you take your seat all the way back it's 13 clicks forward. And the pitch is 16 clicks up from looking at your feet. Should be default like that for most cars. Then I've recorded and edit a macro for the ctrl+K on the Logitech profiler, im using G29 wheel. So when I press one of the buttons on my wheel it hits ctrl+K and after that zooms in for 0.7 seconds and then moves cam up for 0.2 sec and then it hits Ctrl+K for me twice so I'm back to default with ctrl K off. It's pretty awesome to have a macro doing it so it does the same every time. Would drive me insane otherwise :) hope that helps

Roger Prynne
04-05-2016, 18:15
Any chance that you can save and share that macro? or is it not possible?
Not for me but others.

Udd-
04-05-2016, 23:03
Any chance that you can save and share that macro? or is it not possible?
Not for me but others.

Sure!
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F3ECB514E576592D!1233&authkey=!AHtiUHCnjY8ZauI&ithint=folder%2cPNG

Its a profiler for G29 so just import it in the logitech gaming software. Donīt know if itīs the same for G27?
On the + button I put seat forward macro for Helmet cam and on the - itīs a seat back, down and side adjustment if you start in dash cam.
Guess it depends on what fov you use, but you can always edit the value for the lenght of the A button to pressed down etc.

Roger Prynne
05-05-2016, 01:03
Thanks.... it might be useful for other G29 users who didn't know that they could do that and adapt it for themselves.

Udd-
05-05-2016, 07:35
Thanks.... it might be useful for other G29 users who didn't know that they could do that and adapt it for themselves.

No problems! For non G29 users I guess it could work with any free little macro program which lets you record key inputs with delay inbetween. Or make the headlight flash rapidly :)