PDA

View Full Version : [Answered] Question about career races...

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 17:48
So I am in my first season. I started in Formula Rookie. Fun as h$ll to drive. I was invited to an invitational event with the old Mercedes touring cars, which i took part in. Right after the three round event I was supposed to race in the Formula Rookie World Championship. Problem is the game just totally skipped it. I didn't even have the option to run the race. After the Mercedes invitational, my next avaliable race was a superkart invitational. The game already ran the formula rookie world championship without giving me the option to take part in it.

Am I missing something here? Totally ruined the season for me.

Bealdor
03-05-2016, 17:58
You have to perform well enough in the regional FRookie championship to qualify for the world championship.

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 18:13
You have to perform well enough in the regional FRookie championship to qualify for the world championship.

I won the uk challenge, and placed in the top 5 i believe in the other two. Isn't that good enough?

Bealdor
03-05-2016, 18:20
I won the uk challenge, and placed in the top 5 i believe in the other two. Isn't that good enough?

Do you mean you were able to race all three regional FRookie challenges in one season or did you try multiple seasons?

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 18:27
Do you mean you were able to race all three regional FRookie challenges in one season or did you try multiple seasons?

Maybe it was only two...i forget. But i know I won the UK challenge and placed fairly high (top 5 or 6) in the other.

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 18:29
It was only one season though. I just recently started playing this game

Bealdor
03-05-2016, 18:32
Maybe it was only two...i forget. But i know I won the UK challenge and placed fairly high (top 5 or 6) in the other.

But was it in one season? You should not be allowed to race multiple regional challenges. You should only be able to participate in one of them and then proceed to the world championship if you finished high enough.
If you could race in multiple series then this is a bug and the game probably took the results from the last challenge you finished.

It was only one season though. I just recently started playing this game

On your first career event, did you try out practice sessions from multiple regional FRookie challenges?

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 18:59
But was it in one season? You should not be allowed to race multiple regional challenges. You should only be able to participate in one of them and then proceed to the world championship if you finished high enough.
If you could race in multiple series then this is a bug and the game probably took the results from the last challenge you finished.

On your first career event, did you try out practice sessions from multiple regional FRookie challenges?

No...the first event I participated in was the UK challenge. I had the option of choosing the US challenge, the UK challenge, or the GER challenge. I picked the UK challenge and won that series. Then there was another series (I don't remember the name, I think it was euro challenge) that I think i finished near the top 5. There were definitely two regional challenges, then I did the invitational, then the year was basically over.

Bealdor
03-05-2016, 19:03
Ah... I totally forgot about the Euro Challenge. Then it's not a bug. You have to finish better than 5th in the Euro Challenge to qualify for the World Championship.

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 19:09
Ah... I totally forgot about the Euro Challenge. Then it's not a bug. You have to finish better than 5th in the Euro Challenge to qualify for the World Championship.

So the UK Challenge doesn't count for anything?

Schnizz58
03-05-2016, 19:11
The UK Challenge gets you into the Euro Trophy. The Euro Trophy gets you into the World Championship.

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 19:11
The UK Challenge gets you into the Euro Trophy. The Euro Trophy gets you into the World Championship.

Ahhhh....now that makes sense. Thank you!

FS7
03-05-2016, 19:15
The UK/US/German Challenge gets you into the Euro Trophy. The Euro Trophy gets you into the World Championship.
Fixed.

Schnizz58
03-05-2016, 20:16
Yes, that's correct in the general case however he asked specifically about the UK Challenge.

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 20:33
Yes, that's correct in the general case however he asked specifically about the UK Challenge.

Well I was asking why I wasn't allowed to participate in the World championship. As I understand it, although I placed high enough in the UK challenge to make the Euro challenge, I simply didn't place high enough in the Euro challenge to qualify for the world championship.

Bealdor
03-05-2016, 20:33
That's correct.

Rambo_Commando
03-05-2016, 20:44
The first FR event, the US/UK/German challenge, is there for unlocking invitational events. The next event is the Euro Challenge which opens the FR World Championship. You should be able to win races with the AI at 100%. Out of all the FR events, Osherslaben in the German challenge, is the most difficult.

Mon Pavion
03-05-2016, 21:22
The first FR event, the US/UK/German challenge, is there for unlocking invitational events. The next event is the Euro Challenge which opens the FR World Championship. You should be able to win races with the AI at 100%. Out of all the FR events, Osherslaben in the German challenge, is the most difficult.

Hey....i never said I was good...but I try :cool:

Mon Pavion
04-05-2016, 13:47
So where do you have to place in each regional challenge to qualify for the next one?

Rambo_Commando
04-05-2016, 15:16
So where do you have to place in each regional challenge to qualify for the next one?

That's a good question. I would guess top three maybe.

Schnizz58
04-05-2016, 15:25
Agreed....somewhere between top 3 and top 5 but I don't know for sure.