PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Pitstop offline

Foofer37
04-05-2016, 02:05
I'm wondering if there is a way, or will be a way to set up a single-player race with a mandatory pit stop like there is in Blancpain Super Trofeo series.
All I can see is the ability to set up a race where the pit stops are automatic based on tire wear and or weather.
Thanks!
Pete.

Bealdor
04-05-2016, 05:43
Mandatory pit stops are only possible in online sessions. But as a workaround you could create a private lobby and fill the grid with AI drivers.

Foofer37
04-05-2016, 13:10
Mandatory pit stops are only possible in online sessions. But as a workaround you could create a private lobby and fill the grid with AI drivers.

Ooh, very interesting indeed. I have not tried that, but now you've got me very interested in trying it. Thank you!

seb02
04-05-2016, 13:25
I'm wondering if there is a way, or will be a way to set up a single-player race with a mandatory pit stop like there is in Blancpain Super Trofeo series.
All I can see is the ability to set up a race where the pit stops are automatic based on tire wear and or weather.
Thanks!
Pete.

You can increase tyres wear, it will be to pit AI. Like this, you can race again more than 15 IA (on console).

Foofer37
04-05-2016, 13:49
You can increase tyres wear, it will be to pit AI. Like this, you can race again more than 15 IA (on console).

Yes, thanks. I am aware of this. The problem I run into is depending on race length, the AI decide they need tires on the final lap! I ease by at 20 mph and win the race. :D

Foofer37
06-05-2016, 17:27
Actually I tried this multi-player idea again last night but now it insists that I wait for at least one more human player. I can't create a multi-player race with just AI anymore!
What am I missing here?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-05-2016, 15:00
Actually I tried this multi-player idea again last night but now it insists that I wait for at least one more human player. I can't create a multi-player race with just AI anymore!
What am I missing here?I think I may know why. I can't start a race directly by doing it, BUT I can start a practice session (because you can start one by yourself anyway and people can join mid-session, unlike with a race), then skip to the end of the session until I get into the race, by myself, with only AI.

So put in a practice session initially and just skip forward until you get to the race, and you should be golden. =)

ecstaticbrick
07-05-2016, 15:31
I don't post very often and when I do I am usually banging on about the same thing, which is mandatory pit stops. I can live without a animated pit crew but, I will never get the race wining strategy buzz without being able to select mandatory pit stops in offline races!

SMS, Please add this feature into the game before dropping support for it.

McKiernan
08-05-2016, 15:15
I don't post very often and when I do I am usually banging on about the same thing, which is mandatory pit stops. I can live without a animated pit crew but, I will never get the race wining strategy buzz without being able to select mandatory pit stops in offline races!

SMS, Please add this feature into the game before dropping support for it.

If you read the first reply to this thread you'll find there's a workaround for this & it works quite well.

Neil Bateman
08-05-2016, 15:18
If you read the first reply to this thread you'll find there's a workaround for this & it works quite well.

His last post is on about animated pit crews, as we know this will not happen for PCars1.

pavano
08-05-2016, 15:31

this workaround does not work at all for someone being on console and not having a subscription.
so it's far from perfect

FS7
08-05-2016, 17:02
I do offline races with pitstops on a regular basis, it's just a matter of figuring out the proper tyre wear rate for the race length & car class you want to use.
It would be nice if there was an option for mandatory tyre compound change in dry races, it would make races more interesting imo.

McKiernan
10-05-2016, 22:49
His last post is on about animated pit crews, as we know this will not happen for PCars1.

The post I replied to was about mandatory pit stops, to be fair he did mention animated pit stops but only to say he could live without them.

ecstaticbrick
11-05-2016, 12:06
Yep, you are right.

I would rather not rely on a work around that could possible be using up server resources (I don't know if it does or not) and I certainly don't want to gimp the tire wear settings to force a pit stop. I like everything real, fuel, wear and driving aids. I like a bit of extra strategy in my races, Having to fit a pit stop into a close race and getting it right is an excellent feeling and a colossal disaster when you get it wrong. It just adds so much more dimension to races for me.

Foofer37
16-05-2016, 00:12
Yep, you are right.

I would rather not rely on a work around that could possible be using up server resources (I don't know if it does or not) and I certainly don't want to gimp the tire wear settings to force a pit stop. I like everything real, fuel, wear and driving aids. I like a bit of extra strategy in my races, Having to fit a pit stop into a close race and getting it right is an excellent feeling and a colossal disaster when you get it wrong. It just adds so much more dimension to races for me.

I absolutely agree. The forced pit stop adds realism and a whole new dimension to a race. Love it.