PDA

View Full Version : PCars GOTY edition PS4

jabz
04-05-2016, 04:06
For someone who has the original PCars limited ed on PS4, that hasn't done any updates or DLC (too busy playing GTA V). Is it cheaper to get the GOTY and flick off the original version? or just get the DLC?

Konan
04-05-2016, 05:44
The GOTY would be cheaper imo and has all that on the disc...no need to download anything....

FS7
04-05-2016, 19:50
All DLC released so far totals US$46.50, and there's still the Pagani Nurburgring Expansion, so you'd be better off getting the GOTY edition (if you have a physical copy you could sell it to and get the GOTY edition).

falm
12-05-2016, 14:36
Only drawback IMHO: you will loose your progress / setups since the GOTY has a different "Game ID".

AbeWoz
12-05-2016, 14:42
check the PS Store, there should be an "On-Demand" DLC Pack that includes all the DLC
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/project-cars-on-demand-pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-PCRSONDEMANDPACK?emcid=ps-se-717&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-717&utm_content=Brand

dj2ca
15-05-2016, 01:05
Yeah I recently bought this. Great value when compared to the total sum of the DLC's. Well worth it in my opinion too, some great cars and tracks, that Mazda Radbul though...

RedFalcon94
21-05-2016, 23:41
So looking at the DLC that is currently available now is there any past DLC that the GOTY or On Demand would have that currently isn't available?

AbeWoz
22-05-2016, 00:20
nope. the on demand pack is just a giant DLC bundle. the GOTY edition is the base game with all DLC.

thomZ
02-06-2016, 15:08
About the GOTY edition : I use to play PCARS a lot and 2 days ago I decided to purchase the GOTY version. Why ? Because I didn't want to purchase the "On Demand" DLC as I like to have the physical copy of a game and also the packaging is A LOT better on the GOTY.

I start the game (GOTY) and it asks me to create a new profile as it recognizes none of my saves from PCARS ! This means PCARS and PCARS GOTY are not compatible and that if you purchase the GOTY edition, you won't be able to continue your career where you left on PCARS. You will have to start everything from scratch again...

I think it's a shame and I hope that the dev team will solve that in the future...

Bealdor
02-06-2016, 15:13
The GOTY Edition has a different Game ID that's why your savegames won't work I'm afraid.

thomZ
02-06-2016, 15:21
Thanks for the reply but I already discovered that reading the forum and even knowing that, I don't think this is "normal". You play a lot on a game, you still decide to purchase the new and complete version to get the packaging and you get screwed.

My genuine question is about a chance to have a compatibility, even with game ID's different of if it's technically not possible.

David McKenna
04-06-2016, 15:39
The GOTY Edition has a different Game ID that's why your savegames won't work I'm afraid.

That's poor, very poor. I'm glad i just found that out :D

JessicaWalter
04-06-2016, 20:53
Thanks for the reply but I already discovered that reading the forum and even knowing that, I don't think this is "normal". You play a lot on a game, you still decide to purchase the new and complete version to get the packaging and you get screwed.

My genuine question is about a chance to have a compatibility, even with game ID's different of if it's technically not possible.

it's a new and complete version of a game you already own. no one is getting screwed. saves from the SAME version of the game wont work from digital to physical, or vice-versa, so why would an entirely different disc with different information on it keep the same id? you want everything on one disc. you're perfectly able to buy the on-demand pack and keep using your saves. if you're that bent on the one-disc thing then buy the on-demand and the goty.

wyldanimal
05-06-2016, 01:43
it's a new and complete version of a game you already own. no one is getting screwed. saves from the SAME version of the game wont work from digital to physical, or vice-versa, so why would an entirely different disc with different information on it keep the same id? you want everything on one disc. you're perfectly able to buy the on-demand pack and keep using your saves. if you're that bent on the one-disc thing then buy the on-demand and the goty.

What Jessica just Said!

if you already have the game disc, buy the On-Demand DLC. You get all the GOTY content, but you keep your same Disc Code..
And if you want the GOTY Disc. then buy that too..
If you ever have to Start all over, then you can just Load from the disc, and it doesn't matter if the game code is different.