PDA

View Full Version : The cars of Project CARS

King-Kodiak
05-05-2016, 07:03
Hi folks

I am in the process of making some videos to showcase the cars of Project CARS, partly to test the waters to see how I do at making videos like this, and also to help promote the coming release of the GOTY edition of the game. There will no doubt be alot of people out there pondering buying the game and asking "what do you actually get to drive?". Well, I aim to answer that question with my videos inspired by the 1981 & 1984 films The Cannonball Run (starring Burt Reynolds, Dom Deluise and Sammy Davis Jr to name a few).

I have started this project WAY too late to beat the release date of the GOTY edition as I have 11 videos planned and, as of the making of this post, I have only completed 4 of them showing the GT3 and all Road car categories. I would like some feedback from this community as well, but please give me a bit of slack as this is my first ever attempt at this kind of video.

My videos can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/user/RangerCarrot

Some of the icons are a bit rough around the edges, and a couple of the overlays seem to have "bits" on them in the wrong place, so some re-uploading I know is needed, but I hope you enjoy them and even if it convinces just 1 person to buy the game, then its purpose is served, though the more the merrier.

Thanks
KK

Rambo_Commando
05-05-2016, 07:37
Maybe it's my iPad, but the resolution can use a bit of "upping". Otherwise nice vid. I only watched the GT3 and it does as intended, showcasing the cars. Personally, I would suggest using a race track to showcase GT3 cars and Azure coast/Cali coast for the road cars.

King-Kodiak
05-05-2016, 09:03
The res of the video is down to my rig I'm afraid, its the best I can do. There are times when the shadows are a bit iffy too for the same reason.

I did think about that, but the GT3 vid was the first one I did, and the whole "Cannonball run" theme is a road race, hence why I based it on Azure. Some of the road cars do use Cali Coast, but I do plan on using race tracks for the LMP cars. Haven't planned beyond that point yet.

CoproManiac
05-05-2016, 10:06
The quality of the vids isn't HQ, like Rambo mentioned. Nonetheless they're good vids, only I think if you wanna attract more viewers you should find a way to record in atleast 1080p.

Olijke Poffer
05-05-2016, 20:00
Nice indeed. I have subscribed to your channel but as stated, the resolution should be upped.

King-Kodiak
06-05-2016, 08:26
Thank you kindly.

At the moment my monitor can't handle 1080 (yes I know, but I am poor), so its the best I can do right now, but some time in the hopefully not too distant future, I can rectify this.

DreamsKnight
06-05-2016, 09:10
Thank you kindly.

At the moment my monitor can't handle 1080 (yes I know, but I am poor), so its the best I can do right now, but some time in the hopefully not too distant future, I can rectify this.

use windowed mode.

King-Kodiak
06-05-2016, 11:37
use windowed mode.

Hadn't considered that, I will give it a go. I am new to video making (can you tell? :) )

Salty Dog
06-05-2016, 11:45
Looks great brother, keep up the good work.

DreamsKnight
06-05-2016, 12:20
I think if you modify manually the graphicsettings.xml you can put windowed mode=1 and an bigher resolution. This part for sure.

After this i think you can start the game at higher resolution than your monitor and record your video. Obviously the window will be bigger than your monitor.

For the video editing part, the resolution is not a problem.

Pisshead30
07-05-2016, 00:50
great videos I subscribed and gave you a few thumbs up

King-Kodiak
07-05-2016, 10:19
great videos I subscribed and gave you a few thumbs up

Wow, thanks man, very much appreciated :D

King-Kodiak
17-05-2016, 07:29
And done. The final video in the Showcase series is now live. Now on to planning the next project.