PDA

View Full Version : Mouse support in VR?

therealzissou
07-05-2016, 00:44
I usually use an aftermarket wheel with no buttons so use the mouse for menu navigation. When in VR though, I can't use the mouse.

Is there a way to fix this? Or is it something that's being worked on?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
07-05-2016, 15:02
Hmm, sounds like an issue indeed. Can you hook up a gamepad as well and use that while navigating the menus? Also you should be able to use the keyboard too.

cluck
07-05-2016, 15:18
The mouse does work, you just can't see the cursor. I've taken to lifting my DK2 headset up a little for navigating around the menus. Hopefully it's something that can be patched in later :)

HoiHman
08-05-2016, 19:34
+1 on mouse support in VR

Roger Prynne
08-05-2016, 20:26
The mouse does work, you just can't see the cursor. I've taken to lifting my DK2 headset up a little for navigating around the menus. Hopefully it's something that can be patched in later :)

Well that was a big oversight.
Or it might not be possible for what ever reason.

cluck
08-05-2016, 20:33
Well that was a big oversight.
Or it might not be possible for what ever reason.It hasn't worked since Rift support was added, long before release. I just got used to lifting my visor. The thing is, though, with the ever-changing runtimes, it might be one of those things that was left to resolve after the consumer version of the Rift was launched, to save having to recode something over and over again. Just keeping my eyes fingers crossed :D

therealzissou
09-05-2016, 15:15
Hmm, sounds like an issue indeed. Can you hook up a gamepad as well and use that while navigating the menus? Also you should be able to use the keyboard too.

Yeh, using the xbox one controller seems to work just fine :) I'd still prefer the mouse so hopefully it'll get added in.

ShimSim
09-05-2016, 15:32
The mouse does work you just can't see the cursor. I have mouse emulation on, on my clubsport formula wheel and it works fine.

cluck
09-05-2016, 15:34
The mouse does work, you just can't see the cursor...

The mouse does work you just can't see the cursor...That's one hell of an echo :D :p

Just pulling your leg Shim. Always nice to get a second confirmation of something :)

cluck
12-05-2016, 16:06
Mouse support - as well as 'gaze support' - has been added in Patch 11 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47082-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-11-0-Release-Notes-HTC-Vive-support-is-here), out today :yes:

Looks like gaze support means you can just stare at an option to activate it, meaning there won't actually even be a need to use the mouse if you don't want to :cool: