PDA

View Full Version : AOR’s New Formula Renault 3.5 League

Bcolt93
07-05-2016, 20:24
Hi all,
http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x312/kokiko22/Project%20CARS/Formula%20Graphics/AOR%20Project%20CARS%20FR35%20League%20-%20Season%201%20Banner%20v2_zpsxrspn3vz.png
I’m looking to promote AOR’s new FR3.5 league taking place on Monday Nights at 8PM British time starting in a few weeks time, as we look to expand into the formula cars. AOR has a long history of promoting and ensuring clean, fair and competitive racing among the many leagues on several different racing games, which Project CARS is a staple of. We are best known on Project CARS for our GT3 leagues, but now we are looking to tackle open-wheelers.

For the inaugural season we will be running an 8 race season on all 3 platforms. Grid size will be 16 cars for the console leagues, and 24 for the PC players. For a more detailed outline of our rules and other information and our sign up page follow the link here:
http://apexonlineracing.com/community/forums/formula-rules-information-sign-up.334/
Here is a general overview for Season 1:

Race Weekend - The format for the league will feature both a feature and sprint race. The feature race grid order will be determined by a 10 minute qualifying session. For the sprint race you will have 5 minutes of qualifying to start up the field. For this season we will be using the Formula Renault 3.5 point system, ensuring points for drivers finishing all the way down to 12th for the feature race, and 10th in the sprint race. A point will also be awarded for pole position in both qualifying sessions.

Default setup - to ensure close racing in the first season, we have decided to make sure everyone is driving the same car by enforcing the default setup. This means drivers will win races and the championship based on their pure driving skill.

Clear Weather - to focus on the racing for Season 1, the weather will be set to clear to allow drivers to focus on getting the most out of the car. Like our popular GT3 league, variable weather is something that will be phased in in the coming seasons.

Calendar:

Circuit (Feature Race Distance / Sprint Race Distance)
Silverstone GP (18 Laps / 9 Laps)
Monza (20 Laps / 10 Laps)
Nurburgring GP (18 Laps / 9 Laps)
Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya (20 Laps / 10 Laps)
Road America (17 Laps / 8 Laps)
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca (26 Laps / 13 Laps)
Hockenheim GP (21 Laps / 11 Laps)
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps (15 Laps / 8 Laps)

If you have any questions feel free to message me here or on the AOR site and I or one of the other coordinators will be happy to help.