PDA

View Full Version : Why does Default setup effect FFB?

gazza1101
08-05-2016, 07:52
As title, I understand why this affects the tuning of the car but not the force feedback?
I will not join these games in the lobby because of this as it ruins the whole feel of the car, I know that an even race feild is wanted with this enabled and I would happily join as I dont tune any cars, but it ruins the force feedback and I dont see what advantage this would give?

ayrtonkee
08-05-2016, 18:10
You're right! FFB has nothing to do with the performance of the car! FFB setups and normal setups should be splitted.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
08-05-2016, 18:13
You're right! FFB has nothing to do with the performance of the car! FFB setups and normal setups should be splitted.The "normal" setup can directly affect the FFB though, because it can change the way the tyres load up etc. In the FA for example I have to use a different Master Scale for high and low downforce setups.

Neil Bateman
08-05-2016, 18:26
If you change the way a car drives through suspension or wheel camber or ride height or any other change in set up, in real life the way the car feels changes as well, obvioulsly, sometimes quite radically different which in turn changes what you feel through the steering wheel, and FFB is exactly that, it is the feeling of what the car is doing.
I mean if you have rock hard suspension and go over a bump you will feel that bump quite strongly, go over the same bump with very soft suspension and you will feel it a lot less, its common sense really.

gazza1101
09-05-2016, 05:18
If you change the way a car drives through suspension or wheel camber or ride height or any other change in set up, in real life the way the car feels changes as well, obvioulsly, sometimes quite radically different which in turn changes what you feel through the steering wheel, and FFB is exactly that, it is the feeling of what the car is doing.
I mean if you have rock hard suspension and go over a bump you will feel that bump quite strongly, go over the same bump with very soft suspension and you will feel it a lot less, its common sense really. Thanks for the reply, yes I understand this, but does it give you an advantage other than just making the game feel more playable and making it less likely that your wheel might overheat? I had 2 broken Thrustmaster TX wheels within 1 year before changing to a Logitech G290 which I feel the FFB was a Major factor of.

ONT
09-05-2016, 05:54
If forced default CAR setting on a server is FORCING default FFB setting that is not correct, I hope it is not.

inthebagbud
09-05-2016, 06:47
If forced default CAR setting on a server is FORCING default FFB setting that is not correct, I hope it is not.

Afraid it does

gazza1101
09-05-2016, 09:27
If forced default CAR setting on a server is FORCING default FFB setting that is not correct, I hope it is not. Yes it always has.

konnos
09-05-2016, 11:36
Wow really? So your FFB setup goes down the drain?

Sankyo
09-05-2016, 11:46
Consequence of the FFB being part of the car set-up. Never realised this myself BTW. I'll raise this with the devs as a pCARS2 item.

graveltrap
09-05-2016, 11:54
I swear that it didn't used to be that way, looking at the notes for patch 5 also seems to indicate this as well.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

I guess something got changed by mistake when the force default setup esport time trail thing was introduced?

inthebagbud
09-05-2016, 12:22
I swear that it didn't used to be that way, looking at the notes for patch 5 also seems to indicate this as well.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?40580-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-5-0-Release-Notes

I guess something got changed by mistake when the force default setup esport time trail thing was introduced?

It was raised by a few of us with regard to the fixed setup challenge as we knew it forced default ffb as well so it was changed before that or nevery worked .... not sure

gazza1101
09-05-2016, 12:23

I guess something got changed by mistake when the force default setup esport time trail thing was introduced? I am pretty sure it always has, but it is as a year ago it came out!!! It would be great if this got sorted as there would be more lobbies to chose from as there is very little to choice on Xbox and I will not join lobbies that are default set up because of the FFB issue.

Sankyo
09-05-2016, 14:14
So is there definite proof that FFB is reset to default in a multiplayers lobby with fixed set-up? Or is it only happening in community events?

Cleps
09-05-2016, 15:45
In my experience, my ffb gets reset in mp lobbies that use force default setup. I can tell and feel it as I'm using very low fx,fz; moderate fy and max mz. When I get all the values set to default 100, ffb is way too strong and is clipping a lot.

I didn't test it for the last few days, but as long as I remember it has been like this.

inthebagbud
09-05-2016, 16:23
In my experience, my ffb gets reset in mp lobbies that use force default setup. I can tell and feel it as I'm using very low fx,fz; moderate fy and max mz. When I get all the values set to default 100, ffb is way too strong and is clipping a lot.

I didn't test it for the last few days, but as long as I remember it has been like this.

yes I agree with this - is easy to test set a car to zero master for in game ffb and then force default set up and you will have ffb

konnos
09-05-2016, 16:56
Does that also bypass JackSpade's tweek files?

gazza1101
09-05-2016, 21:10
Does that also bypass JackSpade's tweek files? Yes I am pretty sure it would(I don't use them) but I am unsure if it affects your global settings, just the car settings.