PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Oculus DK2 - Head Tracking Issues

Bigbadbez
08-05-2016, 15:31
Hi all!

Just got Project Cars downloaded to try out as I've heard it's great.

I've got a DK2 and have been switching from runtime to runtime to try and get it running nice...

I have it (partly) working now in 1.3.2, but for some reason there's no tracking from the positional sensor? Works fine everywhere else...

Tried it in0.8, but got literally nowhere - the game wouldn't recognise that the Oculus was plugged in!

Any and all help / suggestions gladly received!

Oh yeah, should add: I have an i5 4690, gtx970, 16Gb ram, so don't THINK system is a bottleneck?

Cheers,

Bez

cluck
08-05-2016, 15:38
Hi all!

Just got Project Cars downloaded to try out as I've heard it's great.

I've got a DK2 and have been switching from runtime to runtime to try and get it running nice...

I have it (partly) working now in 1.3.2, but for some reason there's no tracking from the positional sensor? Works fine everywhere else...

Tried it in0.8, but got literally nowhere - the game wouldn't recognise that the Oculus was plugged in!

Any and all help / suggestions gladly received!

Oh yeah, should add: I have an i5 4690, gtx970, 16Gb ram, so don't THINK system is a bottleneck?

Cheers,

BezBefore I start, just to be clear, when you say "downloaded to try out", have you purchased it or downloaded a pirate copy? My apologies for the suspicion but it's just your choice of wording that sets my internal alarm bells off ;).

Anyhoo, not sure why it isn't working. Runtime 1.3 is the only runtime that will work right now. Don't run with SteamVR or Steam Theatre mode and make sure you have the Oculus Store software running. Then it should work just fine :).

Bigbadbez
08-05-2016, 16:20
Oh yeah, GOTY edition. I don't go in for that kind of crap!

Oddly enough, I'd left it running while tapping out my post and had a cheeky sunshine beer, and it seems to be working fine now. Can't say I'm overly thrilled with the random "fix itself" thing, but at least it's working!

And, it is indeed amazing!

cluck
08-05-2016, 16:23
Oh yeah, GOTY edition. I don't go in for that kind of crap!

Oddly enough, I'd left it running while tapping out my post and had a cheeky sunshine beer, and it seems to be working fine now. Can't say I'm overly thrilled with the random "fix itself" thing, but at least it's working!

And, it is indeed amazing!Cool, glad it's working :)

My apologies for my overly suspicious nature :)

Bigbadbez
08-05-2016, 16:24
Haha yeah no worries bud! Can't be too careful these days.

Thanks for the quick replies even though they weren't really needed - good to know there's an active community around the game that's even online on an afternoon like this! :)

cluck
08-05-2016, 16:31
Haha yeah no worries bud! Can't be too careful these days.

Thanks for the quick replies even though they weren't really needed - good to know there's an active community around the game that's even online on an afternoon like this! :)I have no life :(

;)

There's a good community here, yep. If it wasn't myself, somebody else would have stepped in pretty quickly to offer some advice :).

I've got a DK2 myself so if you need any help just ask. A couple of tips though :-

1. Don't enable Motion Blur (if it's already enabled, disable it)
2. Disable 'Stretched Headlight Reflections'. They look nice but they aren't currently aligned correctly.
3. There is no mouse visible in the Rift but it will appear on your monitor, so just lift your visor up to see your screen and you should be able to navigate OK
4. Don't be tempted to ramp all the detail up - your system won't cope, trust me ;). Environment Mapping and Reflections can safely be left on Low or Medium - you'll only really see a difference in the wet and probably only then in replays/screenshots :)