MadBen
08-05-2016, 18:21
Great controls
Awesome sounds
Great tracks
Great cars
Awesome graphics
Great physics
Perfect gameplay (career mode is exactly what I want, no wasting time purchasing, upgrading, coloring, modifying... just pick one and race!)
Awesome features (I do really enjoy the helmet view with reduce view scale about 75... wow!)
- damages** - tire wear - gaz consuption - etc.
So awesome weather and day time options, transitions, etc... man this game is just so beautiful!

... And so on.

Yeah, I do really enjoy this game and SMS has an another fan for life.

Thanks all!
Ben.

Shogun613
08-05-2016, 20:29
I play PCars every day, I find it to be therapeutic to jump behind the Wheelstand and hunt apexes for a couple hours...

cluck
08-05-2016, 20:30
I play PCars every day, I find it to be therapeutic to jump behind the Wheelstand and hunt apexes for a couple hours...That's exactly one of the things I've mentioned in the past. Games can be the perfect antidote to a day at work and, frustrating though it might be at times trying to nail a perfect lap, the satisfaction when you get it 'just right' is unrivalled :).

Konan
08-05-2016, 20:39
Yep...just getting wrapped up in your own "project cars world"... Not caring about anything else in that/those moments...just the track ahead,trying to nail every corner, fighting for every place until the finish line...DELISCIOUS!...:cool:

oppolo
09-05-2016, 07:05
I do really enjoy the helmet view with reduce view scale about 75... wow!)

what is this?

cluck
09-05-2016, 07:09
what is this?Helmet cam is one of the camera views, which simulates "look to apex" and depth of field, with a helmet overlay (in modern cars, the overlay doesn't work for classic cars at the moment).

The view scale refers to the Field of View (FOV) that can be adjusted in the options :).

Scuderia Paul
09-05-2016, 07:24
I enjoy PCars because of the feeling of racing. It sounds obvious in a racing game but you realise just how good it is at immersing you when you go back to play most other circuit racers.

oppolo
09-05-2016, 07:53
Helmet cam is one of the camera views, which simulates "look to apex" and depth of field, with a helmet overlay (in modern cars, the overlay doesn't work for classic cars at the moment).

The view scale refers to the Field of View (FOV) that can be adjusted in the options :).
ah ok, I'll try it, thank you

Leper Messiah
09-05-2016, 08:33
I'm finally getting stuck into the career and it's brilliant so far, yeah it could be better (but not by a huge amount) but it craps all over ACs career (why Kunos did the console thing of no practise and quali and limited opponents I'll never know). Did a career race invitational (brit trackdays cars) at Snetterton 200, was following a BAC mono for a while just admiring the quality of the graphics at the rear of the car, It's the small attention to detail that appeals to me too like the occasional bit of rubber flicking up from the car in front. I played several hours every day last week (including a lot of R3E too), made my eyes so damn sore from it all!

cluck
09-05-2016, 08:37
I'm finally getting stuck into the career and it's brilliant so far, yeah it could be better (but not by a huge amount) but it craps all over ACs career (why Kunos did the console thing of no practise and quali and limited opponents I'll never know). Did a career race invitational (brit trackdays cars) at Snetterton 200, was following a BAC mono for a while just admiring the quality of the graphics at the rear of the car, It's the small attention to detail that appeals to me too like the occasional bit of rubber flicking up from the car in front. I played several hours every day last week (including a lot of R3E too), made my eyes so damn sore from it all!Try the game with a VR headset - those bits of rubber flicking up make me flinch every single time :o. You'd think after well over 18 months of using a Rift with this game that I'd have got used to it but nope. It's at its most alarming with the open wheelers. I know the first time it happened, I nearly jumped out of my racing seat :D.

Leper Messiah
09-05-2016, 08:42
Try the game with a VR headset - those bits of rubber flicking up make me flinch every single time :o. You'd think after well over 18 months of using a Rift with this game that I'd have got used to it but nope. It's at its most alarming with the open wheelers. I know the first time it happened, I nearly jumped out of my racing seat :D.

Oh my! LOL that sounds incredible! Sadly I'm miles away from affording VR.....(sobs)

cluck
09-05-2016, 09:00
Oh my! LOL that sounds incredible! Sadly I'm miles away from affording VR.....(sobs)I'm not going to lie, I swore VERY loudly when it happened the first time. These days I just flinch, whilst my heart skips a beat :o.

FS7
09-05-2016, 14:04
It takes some testing to figure out the proper tyre wear rate/race length combination, as well as figuring out the best AI difficulty level depending on car/track, but once you figure those things out PCars provides a race experience that's better than anything else available on console.
I usually set race weekend with 20-minute free practice, 10-minute qualifying, 30-minute race (or 60-minute race if I have the time), I adjust tyre wear so that 1 pitstop is required. Trying to keep a consistent pace without destroying the tyres is a very rewarding challenge to me, and most of the time the AI provides a nice rewarding challenge too.

Leper Messiah
09-05-2016, 18:01
Just did a career race at Ruapana in the Audi IMSA GTO......in HEAVY fog.....no lights so that was a challenge, THEN it started to rain!! I find that the thing that keeps me on my toes SO much is the weather and the time of Day, something others Sims just don't do as well or not at all!!

MadBen
13-05-2016, 18:48
I'm guessing there's no way to set random dynamic weather? Lets pick a weekend challenge, the only way I can set some random dynamic weather is setting 4 themes to random, but that way it could go from heavy rain to all clear, is that right?

I'd enjoy a simple option "random dynamic weather", which could mean all rainy, rainy-clouds-clear, clear-fog-light rain, etc. Oh by the way, the heavy storm effects are gorgeous!

Leper Messiah
14-05-2016, 12:52
I'm guessing there's no way to set random dynamic weather? Lets pick a weekend challenge, the only way I can set some random dynamic weather is setting 4 themes to random, but that way it could go from heavy rain to all clear, is that right?

I'd enjoy a simple option "random dynamic weather", which could mean all rainy, rainy-clouds-clear, clear-fog-light rain, etc. Oh by the way, the heavy storm effects are gorgeous!

Yeah I'm hoping that for PCARS2 the customising of the amazing weather effects is given a bit of a rewrite. The weather effects are definitely one of the stand out, undisputed strengths of PCARS so anything to make it even better would be effort well spent! I'd like the time frame of the various "spells" of weather to be adjustable so you could have "april showers" of 15 min dry 10 wet, 10 dry 15 wet. Or set the percentage of time a weather spell will have. It's probably not an easy job though.