PDA

View Full Version : Replay bug

CursedDICE
08-05-2016, 21:07
None of the AI get off the line so it looks like I'm out by myself racing no one

t0daY
08-05-2016, 21:10
That is one of the most accurate bug reports I have ever read xDD

CursedDICE
08-05-2016, 21:15
That is literally what happened. Replay starts, my car gets away when the lights go out, clips through all the other cars and then continues to race no one. 1 lap later, AI are still in the grid boxes and I clip through all of them to start the next lap.

Shame, because I won that race. I restarted and soon after, no one could get off the line and the engine sound effect was stuck. No car controls worked, only the camera.

Track: San Marino, Imola

cluck
08-05-2016, 21:18
Was this single-player or multi-player?

If multiplayer, did lots of people disconnect?

CursedDICE
08-05-2016, 21:29
Single player, 70% AI

cluck
08-05-2016, 21:37
In that case :-

1. Can you recreate it or is just a one-off?
2. If you saved the replay, could you record it and upload it to Youtube and post a link in here?
3. If you can't record it, can you locate the saved replay in the media folder and upload that to a file-hosting site and post a link in here? (the media folder is one of the subfolders where Project CARS is installed - the file won't necessarily have a useful name but the date/time it was saved should match when you saved the replay :))

Roel de Meulder
08-05-2016, 21:41
Did you wait until the other cars finished before you saved the replay?

CursedDICE
08-05-2016, 21:47
D:I just lead from lights to flag and the replay system isn't even working. Save replay has that lock symbol and View Replay isn't even there

CursedDICE
08-05-2016, 21:56
In that case :-

1. Can you recreate it or is just a one-off?
2. If you saved the replay, could you record it and upload it to Youtube and post a link in here?
3. If you can't record it, can you locate the saved replay in the media folder and upload that to a file-hosting site and post a link in here? (the media folder is one of the subfolders where Project CARS is installed - the file won't necessarily have a useful name but the date/time it was saved should match when you saved the replay :))

The replay system is completely broken atm

^ That's the current issue. Replays can't be viewed. I'm going to try and reload the race. Annoying because I'd lead from turn 1 to flag with probably my most focused drive ever

EDIT: AI just forced me off the road -_-
Pass was pretty much done.

Successfully recreated being unable to get off the line

EDIT: Watching the problematic replay from the saved replays works fine

Blunt RS
08-05-2016, 23:42
So sad to read this had excalty the same problem last night. After race saved replay went to watch only my car moved off the grid.
Been a huge fan since day one and by far the best racing game on xbox at the moment. With the current issues and new ones appearing I cant see PC2 doing aswell sadly.
Monza bug which i only seen for the first time last night I heard has been their since day one. PC2 needs to but on the shelf until PC1 is bug free or itll ruin the francise in my opoinon.

Ian Bell
09-05-2016, 01:26
So sad to read this had excalty the same problem last night. After race saved replay went to watch only my car moved off the grid.
Been a huge fan since day one and by far the best racing game on xbox at the moment. With the current issues and new ones appearing I cant see PC2 doing aswell sadly.
Monza bug which i only seen for the first time last night I heard has been their since day one. PC2 needs to but on the shelf until PC1 is bug free or itll ruin the francise in my opoinon.

You won't find a bug free release on any AAA game, for ever more. The complexity is through the roof from where we were when games started. The PC has infinite variations, the consoles get ongoing SDK updates, online connection quality variations, occasional hardware problems etc etc. If we waited on pCARS2 until pCARS1 was without any bugs, we'd be waiting forever, and that goes for any other AAA game on the market.

As to new bugs, well, we have set ourselves the insane task of a patch every month, and almost managed it every month. These typically bring new user requested features and content, and because of the very short iteration and testing time that entails, the odd bug crept in which we do fix as soon as we can.

We won't aim for anything as insane on release frequency for pCARS2. But more crucially, we'll have the benefit of Bandai Namco's QA department this time. Note though, that won't mean no bugs, just less hopefully.

Ian Bell
09-05-2016, 01:36
In an interview with Wired.com, former Gears of War design director Cliff Blezinski explained, “In 2015 and beyond, the expectations for a traditional AAA game’s feature set in an established franchise are so immensely high that when you couple that with the added graphical fidelity you’re looking at an increased budget, increased risk, and the potential for more bugs and problems. You can put 10,000 of the best [quality assurance] folks on your game for years before the game ships and I can guarantee they’re not going to find every problem or issue; you’re going to ship with some. The key is to get rid of the major game breakers, but even now, we’re seeing some of those problems on ship.”

Blunt RS
09-05-2016, 03:00
Thankyou Ian for takeing the time to reply and explain a few things i didnt understand. Am not technically minded and have no idea what goes into such a complex game as Project Cars.
From the start as youve said thier was a patch every month also DLC's which ive allways thought where to cheap if they was increased make more money more staff to improve the game. And i could as others seen progress and the games improved massivley since the start you and your team have done a amazing job in what your created.
Now it appears to have ceased which i understand the new game needs all the focus. But with issues in the game which some seem to be easyily fixed. Grid lights Nuringburg GP layout work fine Sprint layout alot dimmer, lastest 24hr layout dont work at all.
Ive made threads posted pics send PM's to mods not one responce. I understand you and your team are very busy but just a aknowledgement to say where looking into or we cant do anything would be nice.
Monza issue with a chicane been thier since day one. Lower class's seem to be ignored for the GT and LMP class's issues and events etc.
I understand what you say about no game can be 100% issue free. Last game i bought was Dirt Rally am not saying thier arent and issues but i havent come across one. I cant help but feel PC2 as a result wont do aswell if some of the current issues arent fixed before which would be a shame.

Ian Bell
09-05-2016, 03:05
Thankyou Ian for takeing the time to reply and explain a few things i didnt understand. Am not technically minded and have no idea what goes into such a complex game as Project Cars.
From the start as youve said thier was a patch every month also DLC's which ive allways thought where to cheap if they was increased make more money more staff to improve the game. And i could as others seen progress and the games improved massivley since the start you and your team have done a amazing job in what your created.
Now it appears to have ceased which i understand the new game needs all the focus. But with issues in the game which some seem to be easyily fixed. Grid lights Nuringburg GP layout work fine Sprint layout alot dimmer, lastest 24hr layout dont work at all.
Ive made threads posted pics send PM's to mods not one responce. I understand you and your team are very busy but just a aknowledgement to say where looking into or we cant do anything would be nice.
Monza issue with a chicane been thier since day one. Lower class's seem to be ignored for the GT and LMP class's issues and events etc.
I understand what you say about no game can be 100% issue free. Last game i bought was Dirt Rally am not saying thier arent and issues but i havent come across one. I cant help but feel PC2 as a result wont do aswell if some of the current issues arent fixed before which would be a shame.

We haven't given up on bug fixes for pCARS1. What we will do though is fix them at a sensible pace, with adequate QA time following the fix before we ship a patch. We were the victims of our own promises before and a content update patch every month was an almost impossible task. I've no idea why we committed to it! :)

Ryzza5
09-05-2016, 04:39
I guess a month seems like a long time after releasing to WMD daily. :)

BuToNz
09-05-2016, 11:33
QA needs more owls :)

Blunt RS
09-05-2016, 12:37
We haven't given up on bug fixes for pCARS1. What we will do though is fix them at a sensible pace, with adequate QA time following the fix before we ship a patch. We were the victims of our own promises before and a content update patch every month was an almost impossible task. I've no idea why we committed to it! :)

Thankyou Ian that's great news to hear yea I don't know how you guys done it. Is it possible to have a sticky thread to let people know what bugs your working on or which ones have been agreed to try and get a possible fix. I understand you and your team are very busy just sometimes I get the impression some myself included feel ignored.

cluck
09-05-2016, 15:08
We haven't given up on bug fixes for pCARS1. What we will do though is fix them at a sensible pace, with adequate QA time following the fix before we ship a patch. We were the victims of our own promises before and a content update patch every month was an almost impossible task. I've no idea why we committed to it! :)The answer is staring you in the face every day Ian :

Slightly Mad Studios

;)

There is no strife, no prejudice, no international conflict in patching our game as yet. Some bugs might seem hostile to us all. Their conquest deserves the best of all mankind, and its opportunity for peaceful multiplayer lobbies may never come again. But why, some say, the monthly patch cycle? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why also provide a free car each month? Why, 4.5 years ago, open the doors to WMD? Why does Tom like burgers so much?

We chose to patch monthly. We chose to patch monthly this past year and do the other things, not because they were easy, but because they were hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we were willing to accept, one we were unwilling to postpone, and one which we intended to win, and the others, too.

It is for these reasons that I regard the decision last year to shift our efforts in patching from low to high gear as among the most important decisions that will be made during my tenure in the office of head of Slightly Mad Studios

ProDriver
10-05-2016, 08:05
Here you have some replay bugs on multiplayer mode:

Cars do not move:
https://youtu.be/mEGOSCp094c?t=10s

Different weather condition:
(replay) https://youtu.be/XMhdSXJ9xgo?t=14s
vs
(onboard camera) https://youtu.be/YU1XVHu7YVU?t=18m17s

I can post more if SMS need.

cluck
10-05-2016, 08:08
Here you have some replay bugs on multiplayer mode:

Cars do not move:
https://youtu.be/mEGOSCp094c?t=10s

Different weather condition:
(replay) https://youtu.be/XMhdSXJ9xgo?t=14s
vs
(onboard camera) https://youtu.be/YU1XVHu7YVU?t=18m17s

I can post more if SMS need.No need, but thanks - the multiplayer replay problems are already well known and well documented on here:) . This thread is unusual in that it seems to have affected a player in single player mode, which is not something I've encountered myself or read a report of before.

ProDriver
10-05-2016, 10:04
No need, but thanks - the multiplayer replay problems are already well known and well documented on here:) . This thread is unusual in that it seems to have affected a player in single player mode, which is not something I've encountered myself or read a report of before.

Ohh, Sorry then!!!

cluck
10-05-2016, 10:11
Ohh, Sorry then!!!Not a problem :). Unless you read the forums regularly and thoroughly, you weren't to know, so don't be put off posting problems in future - you never know, it might be something that hadn't been reported before :).

Lothar Keiling
20-05-2016, 10:07
ian bell, let people on the project have the idea and pull you back, then is that also what with pcars. 2
sorry for my bad English