PDA

View Full Version : Is Formula Gulf to good to be true.

ONT
09-05-2016, 06:08
I was thinking something like this today testing it, and later ran in to this on the forum that LOVE everything pCARS lol.

"I am pretty happy with the Pcars FFB. Itīs on the same level as AC or IR.
But the physics. Man the physics. Just take the Formula Gulf for a ride.
You can drive insanely through corners and the game forgives you everything (yes all driving aids are 100% off).
When you start losing the car there are invisible driving aids who correct mistakes.

Strangely there are other cars which feel ok. Like the E30 M3 BMW for example."

Is there a bug in handling, tires just to good, or is there a little help from above on the Formula Gulf ?

Rambo_Commando
09-05-2016, 06:29
Whichever it is, one thing is for certain, the FG1000 is a blast in multiplayer. If you are playing through career then you will notice that the FG is easier to drive than the FR. I think it has more to do with the fact that you now have aero grip on top of mechanical grip.

Sankyo
09-05-2016, 11:31
The FGulf had considerable feedback from the people from Dubai Autodrome during development, so I doubt that the car is really far off from what it is in reality. Just because a car doesn't kill you when you make a mistake doesn't automatically mean it's unrealistic or too good to be true. IIRC this car is quite underpowered, light and it has very grippy tyres. You can't do many exciting things with it, but instead it teaches you to drive smoothly to carry as much momentum through corners as possible, otherwise you're slower than you should be.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-05-2016, 12:01
Yup, I remember the Formula Gulf guys talking about how they built a simulator running pCARS right into the pits so that they could quickly change between the real car and the sim. =)

FR-Alan
09-05-2016, 12:14
I am not that surprised those cars handles good. they are in fact designed in real life to be quick and stable with a lot of aero work. Plus,like the power is well balanced and the brake are efficient, entry and exits on corners are easyer.

RomKnight
09-05-2016, 12:51
Just wondering if you tried auto-clutch on? because this car IIRC needs manual lift and blip to change the gears (actaully I think you even need the clutch to downshift but it has really been a very long time since I drove it).

It should be a bit harder to drive on fully manual due to manual and proper shifting because, this car is designed as a learning car (I do recall a post saying this)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-05-2016, 13:27
Just wondering if you tried auto-clutch on? because this car IIRC needs manual lift and blip to change the gears (actaully I think you even need the clutch to downshift but it has really been a very long time since I drove it).

It should be a bit harder to drive on fully manual due to manual and proper shifting because, this car is designed as a learning car (I do recall a post saying this)You don't categorically need clutch for downshifts, but it helps. You can get by with blips though.

ONT
09-05-2016, 21:21

It should be a bit harder to drive on fully manual due to manual and proper shifting because, this car is designed as a learning car (I do recall a post saying this)

No auto anything on my end :)