PDA

View Full Version : Save game doesn't work with goty

diknmuis
09-05-2016, 08:48
Hello,

I have played a lot of PC the last year, also invest a lot of time in finding the best setups for cars and ffb

I also write reviews for a site, so I got a review code for the goty edition. Installed the goty and uninstalled the vanilla version.

When I start the goty version I must start al over again, lost all my progress and setups. My vanilla save game is still on my PS4, tried to download it again from the cloud but that doesn't work.

It couldn't find the game data.

Please help, thx and best regards

Sankyo
09-05-2016, 09:31
This seems to depend on Sony, as the two game versions have different IDs so the savegame cannot be used in the GOTY edition. I've raised this with the devs to see what can be done, they'll look into it.

diknmuis
09-05-2016, 09:37
This seems to depend on Sony, as the two game versions have different IDs so the savegame cannot be used in the GOTY edition. I've raised this with the devs to see what can be done, they'll look into it.

thx for the quick reply

my vanilla version is a disc and goty is digital, my trophy progress is carried over to the goty version

(I'm also Dutch speaking btw :D)

domo_v2
13-05-2016, 08:29
How do I check which versions I have as I have also purchased the game of the year version and it appears it is making me start all over again..

Sankyo
13-05-2016, 08:41
How do I check which versions I have as I have also purchased the game of the year version and it appears it is making me start all over again..
You mean you have the normal version of the game as well, with career progress?

domo_v2
13-05-2016, 11:03
I have the normal version where im quite far into career. Ive just brought the game of the year version for DLC purposes. The GOTY version appeaers to be forcing me to start again as once it loads up, it forces me to do a quick race weekend.

diknmuis
15-05-2016, 08:17
I have the normal version where im quite far into career. Ive just brought the game of the year version for DLC purposes. The GOTY version appeaers to be forcing me to start again as once it loads up, it forces me to do a quick race weekend.

You have the same problem as me, normal edition save doesn't work with goty

wyldanimal
16-05-2016, 15:11
If you already had a DISC version then instead of the GOTY you should have goten the
On-Demand DLC Pack that includes all the DLC, Instead.
That would have given you the same as the GOTY without changing the Signature of the Game.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/project-cars-on-demand-pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-PCRSONDEMANDPACK?emcid=ps-se-717&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-717&utm_content=Brand

diknmuis
17-05-2016, 14:51
If you already had a DISC version then instead of the GOTY you should have goten the
On-Demand DLC Pack that includes all the DLC, Instead.
That would have given you the same as the GOTY without changing the Signature of the Game.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/project-cars-on-demand-pack/cid=UP0700-CUSA01338_00-PCRSONDEMANDPACK?emcid=ps-se-717&utm_medium=Paid_Search&utm_campaign=Playstation&utm_source=Google&utm_term=ps-se-717&utm_content=Brand

I didn't buy the goty, I got a review code from publisher/PR, so it's there's fault? they didn't give the on-demand pack? yeah right

Is there any change this would be fixed? I guess not, I also mentioned this in my review btw

maybe it's time to look out for another sim...

suptier
14-06-2016, 21:09
Hello,

I am in the same boat. I bought the limited edition of the game (30 hours of play), then the goty edition (today). I am in the same situation, saved profiles are not compatible. I find this very disappointing, developpers please do something !

Good game to all