PDA

View Full Version : Won't respond to inputs if car stops

Zeke Bewlay
09-05-2016, 10:10
Anyone else seen this, or know a fix? I'm racing McLaren GT3 in Gt3 career. If I bring the car to a stop then the car will no longer respond to any inputs. Just sits there. Telemetry responds eg if I press accelerator I get a signal. But car does not respond. Not tested with any other vehicles yet.
FAnatec GT3, PS4,
Thanks.

cluck
09-05-2016, 10:12
Is it just the accelerator it doesn't respond to or does the wheel not move either? I just wonder whether it is stalling and you don't have 'autostart engine' enabled?

Zeke Bewlay
09-05-2016, 11:05
Auto start is enabled but it does not seem to be working for some reason. I tried other cars and have the same problem. Car is stalling. If I enable auto clutch cars do not stall. Could map a start button I guess if I drive a car I'd like a manual clutch for. Would prefer to have auto start working though, even though it's not a biggy.

konnos
09-05-2016, 13:51
As you said, it's the auto-clutch. I disabled auto-clutch when I read that it makes sequential gearbox changes longer and I was wondering why the hell my car isn't moving after I crushed into a wall or I had to stop.

Schnizz58
09-05-2016, 15:10
As you said, it's the auto-clutch. I disabled auto-clutch when I read that it makes sequential gearbox changes longer and I was wondering why the hell my car isn't moving after I crushed into a wall or I had to stop.
Just ran into this exact situation myself. I recently moved into GT3 in career and I had auto clutch turned off. I do have a button mapped to turn it on and off so that I can turn it off when I'm in a GT3 car but turn it back on if I'm racing a car with a non-sequential gearbox in an invitational. The odd thing is that even if I enable it with the button, the car still stalls. I had to go and disable it in the control menu.

xtro
09-05-2016, 16:19
Engine stalled :) you have to leave the auto clutch on if you do not have a clutch pedal. And assign a button to ignition

Roger Prynne
09-05-2016, 16:32
Yeah in these cases it's handy to have 'Ignition' and 'Start Engine' mapped.

Schnizz58
09-05-2016, 16:39
Yeah in these cases it's handy to have 'Ignition' and 'Start Engine' mapped.
I did but even when I restarted the car it would stall when I put it in gear. This is with auto clutch deactivated in the settings but enabled via a button on the wheel. Is it possible that you can't turn it on with a button if it's disabled in the settings?

Roger Prynne
09-05-2016, 16:41
I did but even when I restarted the car it would stall when I put it in gear. This is with auto clutch deactivated in the settings but enabled via a button on the wheel. Is it possible that you can't turn it on with a button if it's disabled in the settings?

Good point and I don't know.

Schnizz58
09-05-2016, 16:56
I'll try it out tonight.

Zeke Bewlay
09-05-2016, 20:56
Well I'm glad it's not just me. This appears to be a new bug as I had no problems until I went back to GT3 cars recently. Patch 10 bug?

Schnizz58
09-05-2016, 21:07
Well I'm glad it's not just me. This appears to be a new bug as I had no problems until I went back to GT3 cars recently. Patch 10 bug?
Might be. I haven't done much GT3 except for almost a year ago right after the game came out. I drove the McLaren for a race or two and didn't notice this problem with it. Now I'm in the SLS and noticed it almost immediately.

Schnizz58
10-05-2016, 02:55
Good point and I don't know.
I think I figured out my problem. My clutch pedal was never calibrated because I have been using auto clutch until just recently. So it was only disengaging about halfway, which was enough to stall the engine if the car came to a stop.