PDA

View Full Version : Will Project Cars (2) feature NVIDIAs "Ansel" in the future?

mw98
09-05-2016, 13:35
Last week NVIDIA announced a new Screenshot-software called "Ansel". I think it will be exclusive to the new GTX 1080 and 1070. Are there any plans to implant this feature to Project Cars or Project Cars 2?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
09-05-2016, 13:46
I think it will be exclusive to the new GTX 1080 and 1070.Quite likely, I'm under the assumption that it's a part of their package that handles the distortion of huge FOVs, since the new 1XXX series are very geared towards multiple displays etc.

Actually if nVidia is handling that sort of stuff, game makes might be able to have the GPUs handle the distortion from now on making supporting triples a lot easier.

EDIT: No idea whether pCARS (1 or 2) will ever support it though, but the devs do keep a very, even excessively close eye on graphics tech.

MisterO
09-05-2016, 17:56
According to the official Ansel-Page at nvidia.com Ansel will be supported for quite a lot of their GPUs:
http://www.geforce.com/hardware/technology/ansel/supported-gpus

Looks like (almost?) everything between a GTX 650 and the new GTX 1080 will get it.

mw98
10-05-2016, 14:20
Ok, anything else would have been ridiculous...

Sixie
15-07-2016, 02:40
I would definitely be excited if pCars supports Ansel, I mean beauty of this game is the quality vids and screenshot you can make, pair that with Ansel to be able to do freecam and super resolution, it will be a very good way of telling rather showing off pcars to the masses

Reiche
16-10-2017, 10:51
Both surprised and disappointed the Ansel support didn't make it into pC2 (yet?). Just imagine a 360 degree shot in the middle of the grid to show of the graphics :disillusionment:

Spongelton
30-10-2017, 01:23
Was going to start a post about this but a search found this.

Ansel for PC2 would push it over the edge to possibly being my favourite sim of all time. Already been fiddling with Ansel in Ghost Recon and Tekken 7 and I DEARLY hope they implement it in PC2 and soon.

Apparently it takes a mere 40 lines of code to implement. So PLEASE DO SO! God I'd never leave my desk...