PDA

View Full Version : Race Overlay (for console streamers)

Chawabax
10-05-2016, 20:11
There are a lot of beautiful and useful apps for players, there is a beautiful and useful app for PC streamers, but I was not able to find something useful for console streamers, via UDP only... so I did it by myself (a big thanks to pjrblue who gave me a DLL to read UDP input stream)
It is not professional, maybe real software developers will laugh at it (I used Excel with VBA code), but it works and combines game infos with your own championship infos: drivers, rankings, etc...

Of course you will need a streaming software like Xsplit (better) or OBS Studio (unfortunately I found that OBS Classic can not overlay an Excel window), you will need a powerful PC, a video capture device (Elgato or others) and... Excel (>2010) :D

http://i67.tinypic.com/ocv11.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/21j0xvt.jpg
(Pictures are clearly photomontages, with the scope of showing lot of things in few pictures. Reality still offers the same image quality)

> TOP LEFT: laps, race standings, nick, car color, gap from 1st, last lap times, difference between actual and starting grid position, car number, gap from previous driver at sector change (white label), best time in qualifying sessions (alternately time & gap), driver stopped along the track signaling (!!!), driver at BOX signaling, driver DISconnected signaling, driver RETired signaling, overtake signaling
> TOP RIGHT: best lap
> CENTER RIGHT: race pace
> BOTTOM LEFT: driver's card
> BOTTOM CENTER: "currently watching" area with various infos about the driver (real name, team name, country flag, last lap, best lap, championship position and points, race number, race position)
> BOTTOM CENTER: scrolling text with ranking positions and gap between drivers
> BOTTOM RIGHT: sector times comparison (2 or 3 drivers), lap times comparison (2 or 3 drivers), last 4 laps gap between 2 drivers

While broadcasting you will work on a single Excel sheet which has a big black area (where data will appear) surrounded by a grey area with commands.

http://i66.tinypic.com/2vkb5nm.jpg

When pushing the <START> button, the app (it is not an app... but it is easier to call it in this way :p ) will receive game data looking for packet type 1 with driver names inside.
After receiving these infos, the black area will always show in the top left area actual race/qualify standings.
There is an automatic routine to fix the starting grid but you may need, for some reasons (non automatic positioning lap), to fix by yourself: click on <Fix start GRID>. A short text will confirm you which lap the grid was fixed (lap "0" means automatic fixing at the race start).
During time sessions (qualifying, warm-up, etc...) there will be only the best time for each driver. During race sessions it will be shown most of the time the gap from the 1st driver, for each driver (starting from lap 3).
Sometimes it will be shown the comparison with starting grid or last lap times, less often car numbers and championship points updated. Of course these types of data are not coming from the game: you will have another sheet where to insert them... if you want. Each of these outputs can be enabled/disabled by <GRID> <NUMBERS> <CHAMP> buttons with led status. All the top left area can be enabled/disabled (except white cells) by <TOP LEFT> button with led status. Top left area can show only rank position and driver's nick: to enable/disable this limitation use <Only NICKs> button with led status.
If a driver overcomes another driver, it will be highlighted with a green led on the left side (red led for the other one).
If a driver disconnets, he will be described with "DSC" text on the right side. Sometimes disconnections have a bad influence on the code... sometimes you can have double names or the wrong name hilighted as disconnected: wait 10 seconds, refresh the screen and, if things are still not OK, you can disable disconnection highlighting using the <En/Dis DISC.> button with led status.
If a driver has more than 5 laps gap from the 1st, and his position is not changing on the track, he will be described with "DNF" text on the right side.
If a new fastest lap will come, it will be shown in the top right area (automatically)
Gap between drivers is calculated at each of 3 sectors.
Sometimes you will see 3 dots instead of time/gap values: this is because the value to show has no meaning (usually when a driver ends a lap, his gap from the 1st can be higher than the gap of the next driver, if they are both slower than the 1st. In this case I choosed to show "..." instead of gaps in a not correct descending order).
You can enable/disable the "Current watching" area, bottom center of the screen, with various informations about the viewed driver. Some data taken from the game (race position, last lap, best lap, car category), some optional from your personal database (real name, team name, country flag, championship position and points, race number) appearing pseudo-randomly.

With the bottom area you can work in manual or automatic mode.

MANUAL MODE: you can choose to show sector times comparison (enabled with <SECTORS> button) or lap times comparison (enabled with <LAP TIMES> button) for 2 or 3 drivers. To choose which driver to show you have to click on bottom left orange numbered buttons. Actually only the first 10 drivers will be considered.
Pressing <OFF> button will erase bottom right area with time comparisons (if not, data will stay on the screen; there is no timed view in manual mode).
As a streamer, I'm assuming that you retired from the race.
When you show a drivers in your video, the app checks if data are ready for showing the driver infocard (race position, real name, driver picture, car picture) and warns you if they are ready (at least one picture) with a green led: to show the card click on <Driver/Car> button. The card will appear and disappear after 10 seconds.
Same story for the graph showing the gap trend over the last 4 laps between selected driver and the previous one in rankings, and for the race pace over last 10 laps. When you have the green led, click on <4 LAPS> or <R. PACE> buttons respectively.

AUTOMATIC MODE: enabled with <AUTO VIEW> button. You can watch the race on your console and comment it.... all the rest will be done automatically. Lap comparison, sector comparison, driver card, 4 laps graph, race pace will be shown in a pseudo-random mode. Still you will be able to force some features (cards, graphs and race pace), without moving to manual mode, if data will be ready. If you press another manual command you will switch the mode to manual.
In this mode the selected driver will be highlighted by a yellow arrow on the right side and sometimes you can also view the gap from previous driver (white label) at the end of sector 1 and 2.
You can enable/disable automatic appearing on the screen of: Race PACE, GRID positions difference, CHAMPionship points, race NUMBERS, sector DELAY (GAP), SCROLling TEXT, entire TOP LEFT area. Even graphics can be enabled/disabled with En/Dis DRV. for driver infocard with text, En/Dis CAR for driver infocard with car picture, En/Dis 4LAPS for gap trend.

NOTE:
http://i63.tinypic.com/2qmzr75.jpg
ORANGE buttons are used for manual commands
LIGHT ORANGE buttons are used to start actions working bot in manual or automatic mode ("one shot")
BLUE commands are used to enable/disable features, typically in automatic mode
GREEN commands (on the bottom part of the screen) are used for special actions related with screen setup or refresh

I limited the number of drivers to 16 (console limit for online races).
The app can recognize you as a streamer (you and all other commentators) without showing in the race rankings. The ranking area will adapt automatically to the number of racing drivers (except commentators) or not racing (disconnections memory)..
If things are disappearing from the screen too fast (except cards, graphs and race pace data; they disappear always after 10 seconds), you can change the delay by setting the "clock". Bigger value means bigger delay. Enter the desired value under <Clock (ms)> label before pushing <START>.
App shows driver's data after few seconds you select the driver in game (via pad): you can set this value entering it under <Autoview delay (s)> label before pushing <START>.
Due to asynchronous appearing and disappearing of things on the screen, it can happen that some cell is coloured of filled with data when it should be not. If it happens you can <REFRESH Screen> to go back to normal view.
I tested this app with PS4 (UTF-8 data decoding method found) but I was not able to test with XBOX or PC (Cp1252 data decoding method ignored, used ASCII standard). You can select your console type entering the value "PS4" (if you have a PS4) or something else, not important what (if you use PC or XBOX), under <Console> label before pushing <START>.

App will record in the sheet called race "REPORT" for each driver Name, Best Lap, Starting grid position, and for each lap Position, Laps completed, Gap from 1st, Last lap time. Maximum 100 laps. The sheet will be automatically erased at the beginning of the race so... remember to save it (if you need old data) before starting a new race!

NEW FEATURES:
Drivers lists (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46987-Race-Overlay-(for-console-streamers)&p=1287481&viewfull=1#post1287481): drivers racing, actual race ranking, championship ranking

During my tests I was able to reach 1/10s precision in timings (data calculated by app, not coming from the game) so I suggest to set UDP streaming to 5 (50ms) or 6 on your console.

DO NOT FORGET that this is Excel !!! It has his rules.
Do NOT change worksheet during data receiving... push <STOP> before if you have to change something.
Do NOT write something on the worksheet during data receiving (in Excel, editing mode stops the execution of the code. You can erase some cells but not write into them)
All these actions will cause the crash of Excel or at least, damage to the Excel file.

I tested this file on Excel 2010 and Excel 2013, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1, italian and english language but only italian localization: this means that I don't know what will happen... maybe some problem with language or with number format (even if did not used formatted time, only strings). Hope not.

RAR file attached comes with 4 folders for pictures: DRIVERS, FLAGS, CARS, LOGOS.
Excel file and picture folders must stay in the same folder (C:\BAX\ or the one you choosed)

Chawabax
10-05-2016, 21:57
INSTALLATION

Of course you don't have to install the Excel file. But you have to "install" the DLL used by Excel to read UDP data (you have to follow this procedure only once, no matter wich version of the Excel file you will use in the future)

1) Check if Microsoft Framework 4.0 is installed on your PC
2) Check if the folder C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319 exists (it can be an hidden folder)
3) Create a folder (not inside \system32\ or similar Windows special folders) and copy there ClassTest4Excel.dll + ClassTest4Excel.tlb files. Let say you created C:\BAX

Now, If you want, you can
4) run as administrator the batch file Register DLL in BAX.BAT included in the ZIP file (useful only if you created then folder C:\BAX).

if not, do manually:
5) Open as administrator the Command Prompt
6) use the command: CD C:\BAX\ and press ENTER
7) use the command: C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\v4.0.30319\RegAsm ClassTest4Excel.dll /tlb:ClassTest4Excel.tlb /registered /codebase and press ENTER

8) check if the response is "...library was registered successfully"
http://i64.tinypic.com/zj8675.jpg

When DLL is succesfully registered, you have to add the DLL as a reference of Excel.
Open the Excel file, enable macros if requested.

9) choose the "DEVELOPER" menu and the click on "VIEW CODE": VBA coding page will open.
10) if you don't see the Developer menu, choose the "VIEW" menu and then click on "MACROS", choose one of the Macros and click "EDIT": VBA coding page will open.
http://i67.tinypic.com/2v8o5mt.jpg

11) choose the "TOOLS" menu and then choose "REFERENCES" item.
12) scroll down the References list till you will find "ClassTest4Excel": check it and press "OK"
http://i63.tinypic.com/29egorl.jpg
13) close the VBA coding page.
Done :rolleyes:

SETUP streaming software (XSPLIT)

I'm assuming you know how to use this streaming software.
Basically you have to add Excel window to a Xsplit scene, layered upon the video of the gameplay, filtered by black color to mask the black background.
0) create a new scene in Xsplit with the game video source, fully sized in the Xsplit window
1) open the Excel file not at full screen, only black area and commands should be visible. This is because you need free space on the screen for Xsplit view (reduced). Set the ZOOM of the Excel worksheet as you wish (100% or 110% is good for me, not to see "####" instead of numbers. Higher zoom values means higher resolution).
2) add Excel window to the same scene (you will see a white area)
3) select "Exclusive window capture" option
4) deselect "view mouse"
5) crop the window till you will see only the black area
6) in the color menu choose "Color key" option and set the threshold (T) to 10 and all other values to 0 "zero" (Exposure, Red, Green, Blu)
7) resize the window as you wish (a good resizing is shown in previous post pictures)

If you want/need to change the black area aspect ratio in Excel (since it is not possible to do this in Xsplit, only proportional changes are allowed) change dimensional properties of areas not used by graphics: change the width of column "H" and then check if it fits your expectations on the xsplit display. Changing the dimension of other columns or rows can bring to a bad appearance of some element on the screen.
I suggest to rename the Excel file (different releases) always with the same name to let Xsplit recognize it by name. If not you will have to set again all parameters when using new app release.
The final appearance should be something like this (this is good to have both Excel and Xsplit visible on the screen)

http://i65.tinypic.com/28lytr6.jpg

SETUP streaming software (OBS Studio)

I'm assuming you know how to use this streaming software.
Basically you have to add a capture of the entire display (with inside the Excel window) to a OBS scene, layered upon the video of the gameplay, filtered by black color to mask the black background.
Unfortunately I found that both OBS Classic and OBS Studio can not capture correctly an Excel window, but OBS Studio can capture the display in a good way (OBS Classic shows the Excel window as a white area).
0) open the Excel file not at full screen, only black area and commands should be visible. This is because you need free space on the screen for OBS view (reduced). Set the ZOOM of the Excel worksheet as you wish (100% or 110% is good for me. Higher zoom values means higher resolution).
1) add a Display Capture to the scene
2) deselect "Capture Cursor"
3) crop the window till you will see only the black area (right click on the capture window, choose "Transform" --> "Edit Transform")
4) add a black color key mask (right click on the capture window, choose "Filter" --> "Key Color" --> "Key Color Type" = Custom Color --> "Select Color" = choose pure black --> set "Similarity"=10 and "Smoothness"=10)
5) resize the window as you wish (a good resizing is shown in previous post pictures)
OBS does not allow you to resize as you wish his window so you can have some problem showing in the same screen both Excel and OBS windows without overlapping. Better to work with 2 screens in "extended" mode: main screen for Excel, extended for OBS.

SETUP personal driver database (optional)
You can stream without adding extra infos about drivers and championship: the app will assign a grey color to every driver and the nick will consist of the first 3 characters of the PSN ID.
For each driver (actually max 100) you can specify:

ID: sequential number (don't write a number without driver infos)
NAME: PSN ID
NICK: 3 characters to show in the top left ranking area. "XXX" value identfies the streamer or commentators... people in the race room that don't want to be visible in the race standings.
Real Name: real name of the driver or forum nick name... as you wish. Will be visible only on driver card
N.: car number (better in the form "#nn" as a string)
C.: car color (use Excel background colors). Don't choose BLACK color because will be masked by your streaming software
R-G-B: ignore them (old color-identification method)
Pts: points in the championship standings
Champ: position in the championship standings
Flag: country flag of the driver following standard ISO 3166-1 alpha-3 (https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_3166-1_alpha-3) (in the Flags folder you will find approx 50 flags)
Infos: forum nickname or car model... as you wish.
Picture: the driver picture filename (name + extension). App will look for this picture only in the "DRIVERS" folder. Picture can be PNG with transparent background, JPG with black or other color background. To get a good visual outcome, picture proportions should be 1:1 (es. 240x240, 320x320, no matter how big). IMPORTANT: this Excel file can not simply erase the picture, it can only load a different one. So, if you don't have the picture for one driver, you have to load a "NULL" picture. You can use NNN.png which is a 240x240 PNG file completely transparent. I added this file to the ZIP. Of course you can use a different picture... but it must be a picture.
Car Picture: the car picture filename (name + extension). App will look for this picture only in the "CARS" folder. Picture can be PNG with transparent background (better), JPG with black or other color background. To get a good visual outcome, picture proportions should be 2:1 (es. 256x128, 512x256, no matter how big). IMPORTANT: this Excel file can not simply erase the picture, it can only load a different one. So, if you don't have the picture for one car, you have to load a "NULL" picture. You can use C_NNN.png which is a 180x240 PNG file completely transparent. I added this file to the ZIP. Of course you can use a different picture... but it must be a picture.
IMPORTANT: There is a simple error checking control on picture files: if file doesn't exist you will not have an error but the last loaded picture will be visible.

http://i66.tinypic.com/10wobja.jpg

SETUP Excel file before starting streaming
Excel offers you useful features but it has some limitations, expecially connected with graphic add-ons and CPU consuming activities.

I found that changing the text font (type, bold or not) consumes a lot of CPU cycles, while changing text or color will not. So app will set only few parameters. If you change by yourself cell's font type, it will remain the same. Same for some cell text color (typically white labels).

I found that creating new graphs or cards is high CPU consuming so I decided to have one for each type and to move it left (when I want to show it) or right (when I want to hide it). The problem is that there is no way, or I did not found it, to know or to set the actual position of these graphic objects: you can set the sliding value but not the final position.
IMPORTANT
So I decided to work in this way: user must put manually graphic objects in their initial position (infocard on the left side of the visible screen, trend graphic on the right side, as in previous pictures) before starting processing game data. After pushing <START> button, these 2 objects will be automatically moved on the right in the hidden area, and moved left to the visible area only when needed.
You can move them manually by pressing <CAR. LEFT>, <CAR RIGHT> or <4LAPS LEFT>,<4LAPS RIGHT> if you forgot to do it in the correct way before starting. But... if you move left manually them to the visible area, data shown will be not related to the selected driver because graphic objects update their data only when correctly called by pressing <Driver/CAR> or <4 LAPS> buttons.

I found that graphic trend is really high CPU consuming when visible on the screen: it can drop down update rate 10 times !! So call it not so often and be sure that it is not visible on the screen when parked in the "hidden" area: you can solve this having Excel window not in extended mode on the screen.

Not able to scroll text always at the same speed: it depends a lot on other activities. Had to hide it when trend graphic is visible.

Chawabax
11-05-2016, 08:31
TIPS & TRICKS

INSTANT REPLAY
You can show an "instant replay" using Xsplit even if Xsplit is not offering you this option.
The method is this:

1) add a small window showing a web browser, layered in front of other layers, hidden.
2) link the web browser to your streaming (Youtube if you are streaming on Youtube, others if not), crop the window to show only the video area, not the entire web page.
3) set Xsplit to delay 30s your streaming

This means that what you will watch on Youtube already happened 30s before (+ standard Xsplit delay + standard Youtube delay, few seconds usually... lets say 5s)
If you stream at the same time you live video + your Youtube streaming you will have on the same screen 2 different actions on the timeline

4) when something interesting happens (crashes or overtakes) start counting 30s
5) after 30s enable the hidden R-window: it will show the replay. It will show what happened 30s before... so... for the viewer it is like a replay.
6) before other 30s seconds passed disable the R-window. If not, you will see on the screen the replay of the replay (like in Pink Floyd - Ummagumma LP cover :D:D)

This picture gives you an idea of what I mean. Picture taken from a similar app for F1 game.
http://i67.tinypic.com/160xunc.jpg

NOTE: you have to decrease to zero the volume of the web page video. If not you will have 2 different audio streams and it is not a good thing :rolleyes:. This option is available only for Xsplit V2.7->
NOTE: of course Xsplit will use more CPU cycles because of dealing with 2 different video sources. You don't need a high resolution for Youtube replay window because this will be a small window: 360 is enough

This is the GIF I did for the REPLAY window
http://i64.tinypic.com/f2m2ix.jpg

AVOID FIXED INTERNAL VIEW FOR THE STREAMER
Fixed internal view in spectator mode if fixed for all other drivers (PS4 race room setup)
I found a workaround for this... tested on PS4... maybe well known to you but not to me
The streamer has to enter in the race room when the session already started (qualifying or warm-up), his view will be not-locked 99%. If still locked, exit and enter again.
Be careful: enter in the session as soon as possible to avoid typical lag

CAR LIVERIES
Some car liveries to use during live streams, ordered by race number, PNG with transparent background, 2 file format (big approx. 1000x500, small 256x128), pictures on Google Drive.
The 256x128 PNG file format is absolutely good for the Excel file (ratio 2:1 and optimized quality even for 1080p streaming)

Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELSVdUSGVKcmNaNE0&usp=sharing)
Mercedes 2015 AMG GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELNkMta1FmVjljaXM&usp=sharing)
Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELWkFULUN3U3UyWm8&usp=sharing)
BMW Z4 GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELN09YWHNoYzRrOTg&usp=sharing)
RUF RGT8 GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELSW9YcVpMclRvVmM&usp=sharing)
Audi R8 LMS Ultra (GT3) (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELNjRGdVlSMHNJMU0&usp=sharing)
Ginetta G55 GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELWC1BajN5WDRzU0E&usp=sharing)
McLaren 12C GT3 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELOV85a0VUNU4taUU&usp=sharing)
Lotus 78 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELU25OQ2d6dXB0dXc&usp=sharing)
Renault Formula 3.5 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELcU5VNHlsQWhETHc&usp=sharing)
Renault RS 01 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELVDRzdFBZaFVBNTg&usp=sharing)
Renault Clio Cup (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELdWRfOFRRYktocVU&usp=sharing)
RWD P30 LMP1 (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELQWMwN1dvSjJfdDQ&usp=sharing)
Other LMP1 (AudiR18) (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELNmdHTUU1UTlqOHc&usp=sharing)
Other LMP2 (Alpine) (https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B113tcB1AcELUHRWbnVpZTFQUHM&usp=sharing)

Chawabax
16-05-2016, 06:50
UPDATE

After some more online/offline test I solved some bugs and added some features / improvements:

-) top left driver ranking area adapts automatically to the number of drivers in the race (no more "Drivers to show" parameter)
-) app remembers who disconnected and shows these drivers in the last positions of the ranking with "DIS" text
-) improved "FIX start grid" procedure; added text showing which lap the grid was fixed (auto or manual)
-) top left area will show randomly the list of last lap times
-) RACE PACE: during the race you can show the race pace of the selected driver (center right area) for the last 10 laps for 10s. One shot command
-) SCROLLING TEXT: you can enable/disable a scrolling text (center bottom area) showing the gap between drivers (the gap between the viewed driver and the 1st in the rank is shown top left)
-) you can enable/disable the view of top left ranking area (if disabled, only laps "n/nn" text remains)
-) RACE REPORT: there is a new sheet where the app is writing for each lap, for each driver: Position, Laps completed, Gap from 1st, Last lap time
-) added the chance to set the "on delay timer" in automatic mode: when you show a driver on the video, app will show data about him after few seconds (now you can choose how many)
-) changed color and disposition of some button

Chawabax
20-05-2016, 22:20
Finally uploaded version V34 with previously listed changes :rolleyes:

(added in the first post)

inthebagbud
21-05-2016, 05:32
First time I have seen this thread and the concept is brilliant. I will gave a play with it and add to the pc cars resorces thread:D

Oh and there is an apps thread somewhere you should list in that and get sms to add you to the website page for apps

Chawabax
21-05-2016, 15:33
... there is an apps thread somewhere you should list in that and get sms to add you to the website page for apps

I'm waiting for some feedback from "non italian" users and from XBOX users ;)

Chawabax
27-05-2016, 21:21
UPDATE 41r

-) Fixed a bug with gap graphic trend not showing correct data (lap number)
-) Fixed a bug with best laptime... not showing at all :D
-) added gap view during qualify sessions (alternate to time view)
-) added a new driver infocard with car picture (maybe excessive but... it is an option)
-) improved signaling of a driver temporary stopped along the track

You can download the file from the first post of this topic

Chawabax
28-05-2016, 08:55
GREAT !!

I was able to make it work even with OBS... with some limitations

1) OBS Studio is able to capture correctly the screen with Excel window inside (not Excel itself as a window) while OBS Classic is not able to do it (white area)
2) due to the facts that you can not reduce too much the width of OBS window, Excel is showing correctly texts when zoom >= 100%, both windows must stay on the same screen without overlapping.... it is better to work with 2 screens in "extended mode", the main one for Excel, the extension for OBS

Chawabax
01-06-2016, 17:57
I wanted something to cover camera buttons, down in the center screen

http://i63.tinypic.com/xlvuvm.jpg

I know... not original :D

Now trying to record race data, to re-edit race videos if not possible to stream them live

Chawabax
04-06-2016, 22:36
Sorry, the video is in italian. I can write in a comprehensible english but not able to speak in the same way... maybe I will add subtitles.
But I think it gives you an idea of what you can do with this Excel file

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-LhVKJufySU

Last version (45r) released in the first post of this topic.

-) erased from layout the blue driver card: same pictures or data already available in other infocards
-) added "CURRENTLY WATCHING" card in the center with random textual informations about the selected driver
-) added driver flag (country) selection: this release comes with approx 50 flags
-) added option to view all the top left area, only rank and nicks, nothing
-) no more need of specifing RGB values for car colors, ignore those fields: now is enough to choose a background color for the "C" cell
-) added language selection for display (rude way... but it works). Commands remain in english
-) added a folder structure: Flags, Drivers, Cars. App will look for files in these folders, no more need to specify the whole path, only the name of the file (with his extension)
-) added optional information about your championship and event

You can find my personal collection of car liveries (not so many, sorry, GT3 and Formula Renault in primis) linked in the 3rd post of this topic.

inthebagbud
05-06-2016, 22:26
I'm waiting for some feedback from "non italian" users and from XBOX users ;)

Just add this to the apps list and website to get some exposure as it looks fantastic , I can't test as I dont have a video capture card, which I assume is different to a normal video card . I do have an external device for video recording and elgato though ??

Chawabax
05-06-2016, 22:32
Just add this to the apps list and website to get some exposure as it looks fantastic , I can't test as I dont have a video capture card, which I assume is different to a normal video card . I do have an external device for video recording and elgato though ??

I'm using Elgato HD.
Elgato is what I call "video capture device (card)"... maybe I used wrong words, sorry :(

Actually I have 4 users, italians, all of them streaming (or simply tested) game on PS4... and it is working without problems (if you have a PC enough powerful to stream, your PC is enough powerful even for this Excel file)

Redslayer
06-06-2016, 03:36
This is a pretty cool concept. If I was a streamer I'd definitely give it a shot. Might point a few people I know that do stream in this direction to give it a shot if they use their PC's to stream.

Zalex
08-06-2016, 18:33
Wow !!! Smply WOOOOW !!!! :)

It's amazing man, and you say it's not professional ? lol
It look almost better than what we see on TV on racecar events ! :)
Maybe not professional as you aint paid for it but definitly a professional look !

Our club stream all races we do and we got over 2000 viewers so far, i think it worth the effort to use your awesome soft to give them some eye candy on jext events. :)

Big thanks to make it available for consoles too, i bow in respect...

Zalex, Canadian Racer in PCLA (PS4)

Chawabax
08-06-2016, 19:42
Wow !!! Smply WOOOOW !!!! :)
Our club stream all races we do and we got over 2000 viewers so far, i think it worth the effort to use your awesome soft to give them some eye candy on jext events. :)

I did something similar for my team (but F1 2015 game) and we reached the record of 520 live viewers (but only 650 subscriptions for the website), with Project CARS races only 200 so far.
So it is clear that there was people watching the race only because of the show, not involved in the website activities.

I think virtual races on TV will be something that software developers should take in account in next releases of games

Chawabax
13-06-2016, 19:09
I think I reached the limit :D
Don't know where to put more command buttons and Excel is telling me that the main subroutine is too big... TOO BIG !!! :D :D :D

But... OK... I did some change and some add.

First, no meaning to have championship data and not to have the championship standings, initial and updated during the race. So I did it.
There is a new big list of drivers appearing in the center of the screen with champ ranking.
Actually I used this list to show drivers racing (with the order specified in the driver's database), actual race ranking (bigger names for smaller screens, sometimes useful for phone spectators) and championship ranking (initial or updated)

http://i63.tinypic.com/2ih8br8.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/15zrxjt.jpg

You can show these 3 lists pressing <RACING>, <Act POS> or <CHAMP> command buttons. The list will NOT disappear automatically, you have to click on the button again to hide it, or press the <HIDE> button.
There are 2 more buttons, green colored, to force showing or hiding the list. Remember that pressing green buttons will show the list but data will be NOT updated. Only for setup meaning (maybe changing position).
Top left area will no more show championship points updated (if <CHAMP Upd> enabled): I erased this function because I was not able to sort drivers following the new rank.
Now you have 2 options:
-) <CHAMP Upd> NOT enabled: pressing <CHAMP> command button the list will appear showing championship ranking as it was at the start of the race
-) <CHAMP Upd> enabled: pressing <CHAMP> command button the list will appear showing championship ranking updated to the actual race ranking (zero points to DNF or DSC)
IMPORTANT
If you want to use this feature you have to fill the driver's list in a specific way:
a) app will consider only the first 16 drivers in the champ rank
b) it is not important in which position you insert a driver, but it is important that his ID must be <=16 (better if <= number of champ drivers)
c) it is not necessary that ID = rank position
d) you have to specify championship rank for each driver (in the champ): app will not calculate initial rank basing on points (updated rank is automatic)

What about the STARTING GRID? This is already displayed correctly by the game so there is no meaning to duplicate it.
BTW... there are some races where the starting grid is not determined by a qualifying session performed immediately before. In these particular circumstances you can use the RACING list as a STARTING GRID list: drivers in the database must be ordered following the starting order. I'm not speaking about the driver ID, I'm speaking about the ROW in the database.

Second, I apologize with those millions & millions of users (:D :D :D ) who prepared driver pictures in the 3:4 aspect ratio. I decided to move to 1:1 ratio because app was showing in a good way PNG files with transparent background but was cropping in a bad way JPG or other types of pictures. Exagonal shape suggests to use 1:1 ratio :rolleyes:
But... since I know that few of you have a picture of all championship drivers, I will offer you a new option... LOGOS
There is a new column in the driver datasheet where you can insert the logo (picture) of the car constructor, of the champ, of the team... what you want.
Driver card area will show driver's picture or logo picture (what is available) or both randomly.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2lkb1ue.jpg

There is a new folder called "LOGOS" where to put those pictures: release "49r" comes with 28 constructor logos (I think quite all Project CARS constructor list)

inthebagbud
16-06-2016, 05:45
Just to let you know I had this working last night on xbox. Ran a single player race and some free practice and it worked fine. I used obs and had never used it before, took a bit of getting used to getting screens to fit but that was more me never having used obs.

I will look at the championship set up over the next weeks or so as we have a league race coming up.

Does anybody know if it would work broadcasting a replay so as to show the race from different camera angles other than from the streamers view only

Chawabax
16-06-2016, 07:13
Does anybody know if it would work broadcasting a replay so as to show the race from different camera angles other than from the streamers view only

Big problem when broadcasting (true on PS4 but I think even for XBOX) is that if you fix internal view for drivers, even the spectator view during the race will be fixed on internal view.
This is decreasing a lot the pleasure of viewing a race live... hope SMS will look at this next release of the game :rolleyes:

Replay is giving you data but not sure if in a good/complete way... few tests.. but even with replay there is a problem: often (PS4) car liveries are wrong, some cars do not move from the start line (often when these drivers disconnected during the race) and don't know if related data are right (as the race was) or wrong (they do not move).
This is why I was thinking to add feature to record the race and to apply data to the replay... but was only an idea.

I will test these days the replay, the chance to record and the chance to extend from 16 to 32 drivers

inthebagbud
16-06-2016, 17:27
I am not sure if you have seen crewchief http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC/page60 but if you try to run your app with crewchief depending on which one is turned on first the other will not work

I run them both on the same pc

Chawabax
16-06-2016, 18:18
I am not sure if you have seen crewchief http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38922-Crew-Chief-an-alternative-race-engineer-for-console-amp-PC/page60 but if you try to run your app with crewchief depending on which one is turned on first the other will not work.
I run them both on the same pc

I'm not using other apps so I was not aware of this problem. And I really don't know how to solve (if a solution exists)

BTW, apart the race standings on the top left, there is not so much meaning to have all other data and features if you are driving simply because no one will activate them (not in manual mode... you are busy driving, not in automatic... they will auto-activate when you move camera on a different driver). Somehow this app is "optimized" for streamers only, not for drivers (I apologize)

Today I tested app + replay... it works fine !
Still to test with video F-FWD or F-BWD option

Zalex
17-06-2016, 16:45
For the problem about running more than one thing at once (crew chief and this for example), on android the problem is about the port locked by one of the application. Crew chief dont lock the port, pCars Dash either, but one of the latest app do lock it and we can't use anything but that app when opened.

it might be related to this too, if your soft lock UDP port for itself, other soft needing UDP port data wont work.
or your's wont work if other one is opened before...

My guess... as i bought all apps both for apple and android and ran trough these UDP ports problems.

Craig from pCars Dash might give a hint on how to not lock it as he code his app/soft for all platforms, including Windows.
A great guy, sure he'll be happy to help :)

Chawabax
26-07-2016, 09:00
Just added to the first post of the topic a downloadable USER MANUAL, much better than the previous one

Chawabax
26-07-2016, 10:49
Youtube is full of race videos: 1 hour of internal view without any comment... absolutely boring... but this is a problem of the game "spectator view" limitations... hope they will change :rolleyes:
Even when you have a good external view (no locked internal view for both drivers and streamer) and a commentator, you will see "only" the pure race video without any overlay simply because the streamer has not the hardware to do it (ok ok... even the engine noise is bugged after 15 min so you have to decrease the engine volume... hope also this issue will be solved :D:D )

Which is the problem for standard console users?
They have a console, maybe they have a good internet connection, but they don't have a video capture device (Elgato or others) and a PC enough powerful to process incoming video and to stream a good quality video.

I tried a different approach: streaming 2 videos, the race from PS4 (SHARE function), the second one from your PC (you don't need a powerful PC) with limited Excel area, top left with race ranking and time gaps, and the viewer can watch the race only or overlay by himself the ranking over the race.
The streamer needs OBS Studio (free), video output at 480p is enough so... low CPU/GPU requirements, low bandwidth requirements
The viewer need to open 2 separate web browser windows, and using some overlay software (ONTOPREPLICA is free) he can overlay the "rank" video (only the interesting selectable area) on the race video

Why not the entire Excel sheet? Because I was not able to find an overlay software capable to filter black background :(
OnTopReplica is able to change the opacity of the overlay so you can reduce it to 75% to be able to watch the race video, but the race video will be dark. If your overlay is limited to the top left rank area... this is not a big issue

Chawabax
27-07-2016, 19:01
I have a feedback from a guy that is not able to make this Excel app working on Windows 10

Runtime Error '429' - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

when creating the DLL.class object

Do someone has the same problem or, do some Windows 10 user has not?

inthebagbud
27-07-2016, 19:46
I have a feedback from a guy that is not able to make this Excel app working on Windows 10

Do someone has the same problem or, do some Windows 10 user has not?

I use windows 10 and excel 2010 and it worked for me no issues

Chawabax
27-07-2016, 21:56
I use windows 10 and excel 2010 and it worked for me no issues

thanks for the feedback ;)

I will look more deep in the web to find a solution... the big problem is that I don't use Win 10 and the debug is really difficult this way :-))))))))

Chawabax
28-07-2016, 08:34

New feedback from the guy:

issue is not coming from Windows 10 but seems to be related to the Office version (doesn't matter the year 2010, 2013, 2016)

Office Professional Plus: NOT working
Other Office versions: working

Ryzza5
28-07-2016, 13:21
He's not using it on a work PC which may have a restrictive Group Policy setting from the IT department, perhaps?

Chawabax
28-07-2016, 13:44
He's not using it on a work PC which may have a restrictive Group Policy setting from the IT department, perhaps?

I will ask, I'm interested to understand this issue

Chawabax
31-07-2016, 20:10
Few things

1) Excel macro stops working when moving to the next game session (i.e. from qualify to warm-up, from warm-up to race)
There is a small error in the code, causing this problem, but surprisingly not always rising.
I know what to change (2 code rows)

2) Runtime Error '429' - ActiveX Component Can't Create Object
I have a feedback from a guy that is not able to make this Excel app working (OS and Office installation from scratch, home computer) when creating the DLL.class object

I found many explanations: "something was not correctly installed and/or recorder in the Windows Registry" NOT connected with OS (no matter if Win 7, 8.1, 10)
Solutions are various, working for someone, not working for someone else: register again the DLL, repair Excel installation, re-install Excel, re-install Net Framework
None of these solutions worked for Office "PLUS" version

In the specific case of Win 10 (64), after all previous solutions failure, we solved the problem registering the DLL for both Framework 32 and 64 distribution, but we had to change the code (few variable definitions)

3) Fixed internal view in spectator mode if fixed for all other drivers (PS4 race room setup)
I found a workaround for this... tested on PS4... maybe well known to you but not to me :D
The streamer has to enter in the race room when the session already started (qualifying or warm-up), his view will be not-locked 99%. If still locked, exit and enter again.
Be careful: enter in the session as soon as possible to avoid typical lag

I will not release a new version with these modifications because I'm not able to test it by myself (holidays), but if someone is facing these problems we can solve them :p

sftmortari
01-08-2016, 16:03
my pc win10 office pro Error 429
and how do I use the xbox one?

Chawabax
02-08-2016, 05:59
my pc win10 office pro Error 429...

I uploaded a new version of the Excel file marked "64": you can find the file attached to the first post of this topic (PCars_UDP_Rec_V51r_64.rar)
Register the DLL for both 32 and 64 version of NET.Framework, .BAT files included, before refering it in Excel
This solved the problem for one user... hoping the problem is not "PRO" Office edition

... how do I use the xbox one?
This was described in the first topic but (I apologize) I forgot to mention it in the User manual:

I tested this app with PS4 (UTF-8 data decoding method found) but I was not able to test with XBOX or PC (Cp1252 data decoding method ignored, used ASCII standard).
You can select your console type entering the value "PS4" (if you have a PS4) or something else, not important what (if you use PC or XBOX), under <Console> label before pushing <START>.

So... type XBOX (or something else) instead of PS4

sftmortari
02-08-2016, 13:58
BAX thank you bro, now worked on pc here the company, the night will direct test on xbox one and then put the result to work on xbox one I click on console and then start right? excuse the bad English I am Brazilian use translator

Chawabax
02-08-2016, 16:28
BAX thank you bro, now worked on pc here the company :yes:

the night will direct test on xbox one and then put the result to work on xbox one I click on console and then start right?

Type "XBOX" and push START button :cool:

http://i65.tinypic.com/fa38zd.jpg

sftmortari
02-08-2016, 16:41
I'm not understanding how to use the XSplit appear to excel, you can make a video teaching how to do? must capture card?

Chawabax
02-08-2016, 17:46
I'm not understanding how to use the XSplit appear to excel, you can make a video teaching how to do? must capture card?

There are a lot of videos on internet how to use XSPLIT or OBS, how to make a video showing a part of the screen or a program window (Excel in this case)... don't ask me to do this... I'm not the one :D

and... YES... you need a video capture card (Elgato or others)
Maybe using PS4 Remote Play for Windows, if you race with PS4, but I never tested it
Don't know if there is some remote play method for xbox... I found this: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/how-to-use-game-streaming

sftmortari
02-08-2016, 20:15
I will try to do for Xbox streaming win 10 and come back to tell you if it works

tx

sftmortari
03-08-2016, 01:04
bax I did everything right and is running 99% put the car not changed and neither his name, was catching the Renault car and his name

Chawabax
03-08-2016, 08:18
bax I did everything right and is running 99% put the car not changed and neither his name, was catching the Renault car and his name

some tips

put the picture file with the car in the folder "Cars" (example "mycar.png")
put the name of the file in database: enter the name of the file with extension, but without the folder: "mycar.png" is OK..... ("c:\BAX\Cars\mycar.png" is WRONG, "mycar" is WRONG)
actually in the folder "Cars" there are only 10 car examples, you can put inside pictures you did or download something ready (look in the "Tips&Tricks" section of the user manual for some links)

pushing ORANGE buttons (while data acquisition running) will show the correct name and car, pushing GREEN buttons (only for setup purpose) will show not updated name and car... check the user manual!!

if still not working, send me a screenshot of your driver database, I will check

sftmortari
03-08-2016, 12:47
bax I used cars that already in the folder, I tested the ruf, put the following model

Car Picture: C_RUFRGT8GT3_48.png
Logo: Logo_RUF.png

and even so it appeared the lotus and its name

championship points and everything usually works with the name of the User, I tested yesterday with 5 members of my staff, however the left side of the car is not changing for anyone.

as I post a youtube link and a picture for you to see?

Chawabax
03-08-2016, 15:24
if you REPLY to this post you can insert an image (from you computer or from internet) or a video... look at the icons on top of the message editor

which button do you use to show driver images?

sftmortari
03-08-2016, 18:39
I already tried, appears a mistake I have to ask permission to adm something, I push the car left blue button and logo already appears renault and Chawa bassi.235252

sftmortari
03-08-2016, 22:40

bax in the left menu on top, not this showing the data, the blue buttons, disc, R PACE, GRID, CHAM UPD, NUMBERS, SECTOR GAP, SCROL TEXT only is these numbers that underlined and the lap times, the your video shows more information, I hung it to see if shut down and yet he continued,

Chawabax
03-08-2016, 22:43
"appears a mistake I have to ask permission to adm something"
Please tell me the exact mistake, text or screenshot
Try to execute Excel as ADMINISTRATOR anche open my file from Excel... tell me if something changes

There are 3 buttons related to CAR/DRIVER pictures:

http://i68.tinypic.com/10hrtz7.jpg

1. Shows the CAR picture without updating to the viewed driver: it is useful to force the picture to be visible if you want to move or resize it. NOT to use during the streaming
2. if the LED is red, data are not ready = no picture file names in the driver DB (must be at least one)
-- if the LED is green, data are ready: push the button <Driver/Car>
3. if the LED id red, car picture will be never visible in automatic mode (if you want to show it you have to click on <Driver/Car> button)
-- if the LED is green, car picture will be visible randomly in automatic mode
-- to enable/disable this function just click on <En/Dis Car> button

In the driver DB your PSN ID is "SFT Mortari" and your nick is "FMO".
In the race screenshot your nick is "SFT" and not "FMO"... why? Maybe because you did not typed the correct PSN ID... I think it is SFT_Mortari with underscore, without empty spaces between T & M
If your PSN ID is not exact, Excel file will not recognize you anche will not show car pictures!!!!!!

bax in the left menu on top, not this showing the data, the blue buttons, disc, R PACE, GRID, CHAM UPD, NUMBERS, SECTOR GAP, SCROL TEXT only is these numbers that underlined and the lap times, the your video shows more information, I hung it to see if shut down and yet he continued,

http://i66.tinypic.com/30t5js5.jpg

With this configuration you:
-) are in MANUAL mode: AUTO-VIEW led is red. To enable automatic mode click on the button
-) if pushing orange buttons (12, 123, 23, etc...) you will show LAP TIMES comparison between drivers in the bottom right area... LAP TIMES led is green, SECTORS led is red
-) top menu will not show DICONNECTED drivers: DISCON led is red. To enable click on the button
-) top menu will not show initial GRID positions: GRID led is red. To enable click on the button
-) top menu will not show driver's number: NUMBERS led is red. To enable click on the button
-) bottom scrolling text is not visible: SCROL. TEXT led is red. To enable click on the button
-) Race Pace will not be visible in automatic mode, red led, to enable click on the button
-) R.PACE, 4 LAPS, Drive/Car leds are red = informations are not available.... don't know why... maybe something wrong in the code (I will check), maybe you restarted the data acquisition 2-3 laps before this screenshot

Tomorrow I will be again at home and I will check the Excel file again.... if something wrong I missed

sftmortari
04-08-2016, 12:58
good day bax, thanks for the support, I use xbox one, my gamertag is SFT Mortari not have _ the ID I put as it is in live, about being FMO would be a way for me to separate because there are other SFT Diego, Coutinho, etc. are in 15 pilots, oh my is FMO, DIE using the actual name of the pilot, car data could bring up and the driver's photo, I made a video of yesterday's race, however not used the race as black background, only app data, note that I click on a few things and they do not open in the upper left corner so is always showing the same part, does not show how many positions the rider won or lost etc., see the 15min video if this right, I used the default file not changed anything, so you can see if it works normally, then I'll change language and championship points so I will get to know if you have any mistake and you go back and report.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LB6bKwNhCY

sftmortari
05-08-2016, 12:43
Hello bax, yesterday I made streaming a race, and this time it worked out, was going wrong because I was recording public lobby for testing and actually before giving start I need to feed the table with the data from the pilot to appear correctly ... it would be possible to make the buttons r / pace, 4 laps and drive / car be automatically connected without I need to hit?

Chawabax
05-08-2016, 14:33
... it would be possible to make the buttons r / pace, 4 laps and drive / car be automatically connected without I need to hit?

if AUTOVIEW is enabled (green led), r/pace 4 laps and drive/car ARE automatically connected... Excel macro is showing RANDOMLY these objects (not so often, sometimes) when data are available (green led)

maybe I can increase the probability rate

sftmortari
05-08-2016, 14:59
exactly, the random time is too loud, you could leave compare every 5 minutes, the graph is very cool and interesting to be shown, but it only appears when you want !!!
but okay, I'm very glad it worked perfectly now
and on how the pilot positions disappeared after the start the break also this great, this graph is very good
it is possible I adjust or only you?

by the way what is the chance of you create an .exe with these inform? It was better than ESPN and Foxsports: D

Chawabax
05-08-2016, 16:40
by the way what is the chance of you create an .exe with these inform? It was better than ESPN and Foxsports: D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

if AC will have UDP data streaming like Project CARS :rolleyes: maybe I will move this code to VBasic.net, to have an EXE

and on how the pilot positions disappeared after the start the break also this great, this graph is very good

can you explain using different words this idea? I'm not able to understand the issue

Maybe I can adjust with a new parameter, "more/less often" and upload a new app version

sftmortari
05-08-2016, 17:01
It is because I use google translator, my way of expressing it is different from what it translates hahaha,

this information should appear more often, it takes a long time to appear

this other information is very time it on average 4 min or more

I think now you understand better

not abandon the project cars, please.

Chawabax
05-08-2016, 18:22
I think now you understand better

yes, now I understand what you mean :p

not abandon the project cars, please.

I will not for sure !!! I sold the standard version to buy the GOTY edition :D :D :D
I like this game a lot

NOTE: you are still using italian language... translate it in brasilian!
Open the Excel sheet, "LANGUAGE" datasheet, first column "Your LANGUAGE" and change italian words into your language

depart.ed
05-08-2016, 20:23
First of all, very nice app :)

But I have a problem with the "Driver/Car" Button. Everytime I hit the button, I got this error "Laufzeitfehler 438". The LED is "green", so I have filled the database correctly. Hope you can help me with this :)

Chawabax
05-08-2016, 20:58
First of all, very nice app :)
But I have a problem with the "Driver/Car" Button. Everytime I hit the button, I got this error "Laufzeitfehler 438". The LED is "green", so I have filled the database correctly. Hope you can help me with this :)

Which EXCEL are you using? 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016? I think that driver/car graphic objects did not exist in old versions of Office (must be at least 2010 to work correctly)
What happens if you click <CAR LEFT> and <CAR RIGHT> buttons?

Please help me to help you :D : when you have error 438, click on DEBUG button, you will see a part of the code with the error line highlighted (yellow).
Take a screenshot and post it here

depart.ed
06-08-2016, 08:46
Which EXCEL are you using? 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016? I think that driver/car graphic objects did not exist in old versions of Office (must be at least 2010 to work correctly)
What happens if you click <CAR LEFT> and <CAR RIGHT> buttons?

Please help me to help you :D : when you have error 438, click on DEBUG button, you will see a part of the code with the error line highlighted (yellow).
Take a screenshot and post it here

You can“t help me, because I“m totaly dump :D My office version was 2007. Now I have 2013, and it works great :) Thank you so much. Now the "SimRacingLiga e.V." can start broadcasting with overlays and commentary :)

Chawabax
06-08-2016, 11:55
Now the "SimRacingLiga e.V." can start broadcasting with overlays and commentary :)

I will follow you.... and I will blame you if using app it in the wrong way :D :D :D :D :D :D

PBWolf
16-08-2016, 02:00
Hey man, thanks for this - it's beautiful and just what I wanted so I can record a championship series I'm playing with my friends. However, it seems to be a bit unreliable. Sometimes when I launch, it never picks up the UDP stream, as I don't see any drivers in the top left. I may be a special case, because I'm using this on the same PC that I'm racing on and using OBS to capture the game, or a replay (not a console with a seperate capture device). It works sometimes (usually the first race) but if I ever stop and start the overlay again, it just quits working and I can't seem to figure out why.

I know in one of your posts you said it's best to start the race after you've hit Start on the overlay, but even when I do that it doesn't work sometimes.

Any ideas? I turned shared memory off because that seemed to make it work better, UDP is still on (at 1). I'm using Office 2016 Professional Plus, on Windows 10. Never had any of the other errors people have posted about. I've tried running Excel with admin, that made no difference. I've tried the v51r64 and the v49 but they both seem to have the same unreliability.

Chawabax
16-08-2016, 07:02
I can only guess which is the problem (but I will check today evening if my theory is valid)

Sometimes happened to me, I had to wait one full race lap before having data on screen.
There are 2 (3 to be honest) types of data packets sent by the game via UDP: one type with driver names and best laps, one type with all other data. App will start showing names after receiving the first type packet, but this type is rare... often sent at the begining of any lap (they say).
If you set UDP=1 means that you have 60 packets per second and I guess that only one (and not every second) is named-type... so you may loose it because your PC is busy on the previous catched one. There is no queue, packets not catched are lost forever.
If you launch at your dog 60 bisquits in a second, the probability for him to catch the chocolate one is low, because he will be busy catching bisquits. If you launch 2 bisquits in a second, and one of these with chocolate, he will be probably able to catch the good one (ok ok... choose a fast dog :D )

So... I'm offering you to decrease the UDP rate to 5-6 and to check what happens. Still 5-6 means 20-15 packets per second, enough to have "good" data.

I will check this today

PBWolf
16-08-2016, 14:13
I can only guess which is the problem (but I will check today evening if my theory is valid)

Sometimes happened to me, I had to wait one full race lap before having data on screen.
There are 2 (3 to be honest) types of data packets sent by the game via UDP: one type with driver names and best laps, one type with all other data. App will start showing names after receiving the first type packet, but this type is rare... often sent at the begining of any lap (they say).
If you set UDP=1 means that you have 60 packets per second and I guess that only one (and not every second) is named-type... so you may loose it because your PC is busy on the previous catched one. There is no queue, packets not catched are lost forever.
If you launch at your dog 60 bisquits in a second, the probability for him to catch the chocolate one is low, because he will be busy catching bisquits. If you launch 2 bisquits in a second, and one of these with chocolate, he will be probably able to catch the good one (ok ok... choose a fast dog :D )

So... I'm offering you to decrease the UDP rate to 5-6 and to check what happens. Still 5-6 means 20-15 packets per second, enough to have "good" data.

I will check this today

Haha, nice biscuit analogy! I'll try and crank the UDP down and see what happens. I did notice the packet counter increments slower when things are working fine - but when it's not working, the packet counter increases very fast but nothing ever updates. Thanks again!

PBWolf
17-08-2016, 14:18
I think that did the trick, seems to be much more reliable and even picked up the driver list in the middle of a race.. Still have issues with racer positions jumping around when they shouldn't, but I'm pretty sure that's pCars fault and not yours :)

Thanks a ton!

Chawabax
17-08-2016, 14:57
I think that did the trick, seems to be much more reliable and even picked up the driver list in the middle of a race.. Still have issues with racer positions jumping around when they shouldn't, but I'm pretty sure that's pCars fault and not yours :)
Thanks a ton!

In my experience "Positions jumping" is typical during a replay, but is rare during a normal online session (maybe 1-2 in 1 hour)

Have to tell you... the error checking code is not so advanced.
Maybe I can ignore UDP data if some "jump" is too big, or at least ignore it for few packets.... the problem is that I don't have so much time now to spend on coding :p (I will... but not now)

Marimbakat
19-12-2016, 21:34
I was wondering, because I've started looking into this now as well, if you had looked into making this an actual PC app, to simply click on and all the information is transferred into the code to display on the overlay. This would help in cutting out the Excel portion and other apps that are looked upon in streaming the video. I know Steam has a simply Shift/Tab selection to overlay their menu on PC, but I was interested in combining that tech with the UDP transfer that is used in this program.

Chawabax
20-12-2016, 08:27
I was wondering, because I've started looking into this now as well, if you had looked into making this an actual PC app, to simply click on and all the information is transferred into the code to display on the overlay...

I started moving this app to a Windows executable file, to avoid Excel limitations, only 50% of the job done till now :(
I'm interested in a better integration with Steam or OBS but to be honest... I'm completely ignorant on what I can do with thwm from the code point of view :D

Marimbakat
20-12-2016, 16:28
I started moving this app to a Windows executable file, to avoid Excel limitations, only 50% of the job done till now :(
I'm interested in a better integration with Steam or OBS but to be honest... I'm completely ignorant on what I can do with thwm from the code point of view :D

I understand. Same here to an extent. I work html code for my website at seetheair.com, but app code is more like speaking a dialect of Madrian Chinese than what I usually do. The aspect that Steam uses with a two button combination to overlay their menu is what I would be shooting at. It's the Excel part that complicates things for me. Have to sit down and really look at it more.

QuePumDiego
28-12-2016, 12:18
Hello, I have been trying to make the app work for a few days and it seems that I do not read the ps4 x UDP data.
I have windowns 10, I do not know if that's my problem, because I see you do not put it compatible. I also use remote play instead of capture, but I understand that should not be a problem, I'd like to know if I'm wrong.
We have a championship that we broadcast live and this would come very well for the retransmissions.
I would be very grateful that you could help me.
Thanks in advance

Chawabax
28-12-2016, 17:59
Hello, I have been trying to make the app work for a few days and it seems that I do not read the ps4 x UDP data.
I have windowns 10, I do not know if that's my problem, because I see you do not put it compatible...

When I uploaded the last version (PCars_UDP_Rec_V51r_64.rar) for 64bit OS, I was working with Windows 8.1, I was not able to test it with Win 10.
Later I moved to Win 10 and it was not working.

A user found a solution (workaround), actually working for him and for me, so I hope it will work even for you: register the DLL in both 32 and 64 version (execute both batch files; first Register_DLL_in_BAX.bat and then Register_DLL_in_BAX_64.bat)

I don't have an explanation... it just works for me :o

I did some improvements to the Excel file (proximity alert, final lap white flag, chequered flag, automatic view parameters set-up) but I'm still testing them.... I will upload the new version in few days

hope it helps

QuePumDiego
29-12-2016, 04:20
When I uploaded the last version (PCars_UDP_Rec_V51r_64.rar) for 64bit OS, I was working with Windows 8.1, I was not able to test it with Win 10.
Later I moved to Win 10 and it was not working.

A user found a solution (workaround), actually working for him and for me, so I hope it will work even for you: register the DLL in both 32 and 64 version (execute both batch files; first Register_DLL_in_BAX.bat and then Register_DLL_in_BAX_64.bat)

I don't have an explanation... it just works for me :o

I did some improvements to the Excel file (proximity alert, final lap white flag, chequered flag, automatic view parameters set-up) but I'm still testing them.... I will upload the new version in few days

hope it helps

Thank you, today as soon as I have time I will.
Then I'll tell you if I work.
Will the new upgrade be 100% compatible with 10 windowns?

Chawabax
29-12-2016, 15:45
Will the new upgrade be 100% compatible with 10 windowns?

Yes, with the same trick, registering the DLL in both different modes (actually is the only known way to have it working)
Excel file is quite the same, DLL is the same.

QuePumDiego
07-01-2017, 21:59
Yes, with the same trick, registering the DLL in both different modes (actually is the only known way to have it working)
Excel file is quite the same, DLL is the same.

Chawabax thank you very much, I got it to work, I'm doing very well.
You're a crack !!!
Waiting for new updates.
I repeat, a million thanks

Chawabax
03-03-2017, 08:43
New release.... last release, since Project CARS 2 will give us (streamers) what we want without need of external apps :cool:

User manual is not updated, don't know if I will update it, so... these are last improvements:

1) I'm using font "Monospace-821-bt" to have equally spaced chars but I realized that this font is not Windows/Office native so I added it to the RAR file
2) Added flags for LAST LAP (white) and RACE ENDED (chequered), appearing automatically at the end of the race. In case of time race (no laps) you can disable this function by the <FLAGS> pushbutton: red or green led will tell you if the function is enabled or disabled.
3) Added SETUP page with some parameters about things appearing automatically on screen (when, why, how long)
http://i64.tinypic.com/27wsjzr.jpg

4) Added BATTLE ALERT icons to the race rank: coloured arrow will tell you the distance between a driver and the previous one (no arrow - distance > 100m, green arrow - 50m<distance<100m, yellow arrow - 20m<distance<50m, red arrow - distance<20m). You can enable/disable this function by the <BATTLE Alert> pushbutton: red or green led will tell you if the function is enabled or disabled.
5) Added LAP/PIT icons to the race rank: during a non-race event (qualifying session, warm-up, race ended), a red or green arrow will show you if the driver is in the pits or on the track
6) Added BLUE FLAG icons to the race rank: blue coloured icon will appear if the driver will be soon overlapped by another driver (distance<100m). You can enable/disable this function by the <BLUE FLAG> pushbutton: red or green led will tell you if the function is enabled or disabled.
7) Added the possibility to enable/disable last lap times to be shown in the race rank, randomly. You can enable/disable this function by the <LAST LAP> pushbutton: red or green led will tell you if the function is enabled or disabled.
8) Starting grid is automatically fixed at the end of the qualifying session so you can show it during the warm-up session. Starting grid will be automatically fixed again at the beginning of the race.
9) If in automatic mode but you want to show drivers sector/lap times comparison you can use orange buttons as before: actually automatic mode will be suspended for approx 30s (<AUTO-VIEW> led will become yellow), then going back to fully automatic.
10) Added LAP TIME function: in the "Currently watching" area you will see the actual lap time (maybe useful during qualifying session), with a short pause when finishing current lap or sector. Dara are not processed so quickly so... time is not increasing fast... not able to do better. You can enable/disable this function by the <Lap TIME> pushbutton: red or green led will tell you if the function is enabled or disabled.

http://i66.tinypic.com/j769go.jpg

I'm not able to upload the RAR file to the first post of this topic (don't know why) so... this is the link to my Google drive file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B113tcB1AcELM1hVMllnNUpvcUk/view?usp=sharing
I'm trying to solve this issue

alkan
03-03-2017, 19:38
UPDATE 41r

-) Fixed a bug with gap graphic trend not showing correct data (lap number)
-) Fixed a bug with best laptime... not showing at all
-) added gap view during qualify sessions (alternate to time view)
-) added a new driver infocard with car picture (maybe excessive but... it is an option)
-) improved signaling of a driver temporary stopped along the track

You can download the file from the first post of this topic

Chawabax
29-04-2017, 08:44
The current state of the art, with intro, race data overlay, championship rankings live update, replay, animated transitions:

Inter-forum championship for teams only

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22G0UXHVpQM

PS4 game version, using OBS Studio + Elgato HD 60 (or PS4 Pro and PS4 remote play), 720p 30fps, italian commentary

mrjohndowe
19-05-2017, 22:19
I kno you say there are alot of PC streaming stuff but nothing is like this one... can you PLS make this so it uses the shared memory as well

Chawabax
22-05-2017, 05:33
... can you PLS make this so it uses the shared memory as well

2 big problems here:

1) I don't know how to read data from shared memory using VBA ;) (I didn't know how to read UDP data using VBA but user pjrblue helped me a lot)
2) Code is 16-players specific (limit of console version of the game).... so specific... that it will take a lot of work to move to 24-players

I will try to solve the 1st issue... and if I will able to solve it, I will take a look into the 2nd :p

Chawabax
29-06-2017, 15:44
One of my friends "forced" me to add 2 new features:

-) chance to change HUD colors (in the SETUP page)
-) qualifying session dedicated sector times analysis (no coloured background = no lap time improvement, green=personal best so far, purple = fastest time so far)

http://i67.tinypic.com/2gvskk8.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/1z2m636.jpg

Plus
-) User manual update
-) Showing Team championship ranking
-) Faster graphic refresh (i.e. faster data refresh)

You can find the realease V_80r here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B113tcB1AcELckdlZXVCeEFFSTQ

P.S. I found that this Excel file is working well even with Office 2010. More... OBS Studio is able to capture Excel as a window so you don't need to capture as part of the screen. This is about Microsoft's graphic engine of new versions of Office, it does not depend on me.

I'm already working on a Windows executable version

rrusso
15-07-2017, 13:55
Sir...i dont know what im doing wrong

I have a win 10 and tried different office versions and i got the same error

screen goes black when i press start

pack starts to run very fast but looks like no data is coming

i have no idea what to do to fix that

Chawabax
16-07-2017, 22:21
Hi,
screen goes black after pushing start button: this is correct, this is how it works
packet number starts to run very fast: this is correct. This means the DLL was correctly intalled, Excel file is receiving UDP data packets from your XBOX without errors (if no data received the number does not increase)
The problem is: Excel is receiving data but not the needed ones.
The game is sendig 2 types of packets, one with data, one with the names of drivers. Excel file will be black till at least one packet with names will be received.
Packets with name of drivers are rare and if the frequency of UDP is high, the chanche for Excel to catch the right packet is low.

So...

My first suggestion is: decrease the UDP packet rate, to 6, 5 or less, and check if it starts working good

rrusso
18-07-2017, 17:57
Hi,
screen goes black after pushing start button: this is correct, this is how it works
packet number starts to run very fast: this is correct. This means the DLL was correctly intalled, Excel file is receiving UDP data packets from your XBOX without errors (if no data received the number does not increase)
The problem is: Excel is receiving data but not the needed ones.
The game is sendig 2 types of packets, one with data, one with the names of drivers. Excel file will be black till at least one packet with names will be received.
Packets with name of drivers are rare and if the frequency of UDP is high, the chanche for Excel to catch the right packet is low.

So...

My first suggestion is: decrease the UDP packet rate, to 6, 5 or less, and check if it starts working good

I tried with 1, 6 and 5...none of these works

Chawabax
20-07-2017, 21:40
I tried with 1, 6 and 5...none of these works

mmhhhhh :(

actually I don't have a XBOX to test, have few old feedbacks from XBOX users and have no further idea about what is going on.... sorry about that

TST Janos ITA
30-08-2017, 23:51
Hi,
i'm italian and i'm sorry if my english is not perfect.

At first Congratulations for your work!
i've some problems for f1 2017.. i've installed the v-80r version, but is not working for f1 2017... I'm trying on the xbox One. it work fine with Project Cars, but still not working for f1 2017...
Do i have to change something into the file or i'm completally "off Road"?

I'm in a competition in f1 2017 for Xbox and i really want to stream races with a good hud :)

Thank you for your patience

Chawabax
31-08-2017, 13:24
Hi,....i've some problems for f1 2017..
Do i have to change something into the file or i'm completally "off Road"?

Short answer (english): this "app" works only with Project CARS, not with F1 2017

Detailed answer (italian): questa applicazione, foglio Excel, funziona solo per Project CARS e non per F1 2017. Le differenze nella struttura e quantitą dei dati trasmessi sono tante e non bastano 2-3 modifice del codice qua e la per renderla compatibile con F1 2017. In realtą sto gią lavorando a qualcosa che funzioni per entrambi, e poi anche per Project CARS 2 quando uscirą. Ma vista la complessitą e il tempo che ho a disposizione non credo che ci sarą qualcosa di pronto prima di fine settembre.

PAPAS_ECU
11-11-2017, 19:11
Hi Bax,

PAPAS_ECU
13-11-2017, 21:15
Hi Bax, I solved the last problem, now I want to know how can I change the position of car left, because the image dont appear inside the worksheet

Thsnks