PDA

View Full Version : Logitech G Championship Series: Round 2: LMP2 at Imola

Joseph Barron
11-05-2016, 11:09
Round 2 of the Logitech G Championship Series opens at 1am UK time on Friday.

Enter via the Community Events screen in-game, on all platforms. You will be driving the Alpine A450 LMP2 at Imola.

Only teams which registered during preseason will be eligible to score team championship points.

All drivers are eligible for driver championship points.

In the 2016 season, there are separate Divisions for PC and Console players. The PS4 and Xbox One physics/handling code is the same. There are some minor differences between the two consoles and PC, which is why we have separate Divisions for PC and Console.

Event regulations

Please read the FULL regulations on our Esports website (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-logitech-g-championship-series.html). It is your responsibility as a competitor to read these. If you breach the rules either deliberately, or accidentally, ignorance is not an excuse.

TRACK LIMITS

It is critical that you obey the rules on track limits.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track. These images (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=541268LIMITTRACK.jpg) from a previous Round may help you to understand what is valid, and what is not.

It is possible that you can cut the track or run wide without the game penalising you, and therefore your time & ghost will still appear on the leaderboard. SMS staff will review all of the ghost laps in the top 30 positions on all platforms to check whether drivers have stayed on track for their entire lap.

If we can see from your ghost that you cut the track or ran wide at any point, then we will not include your time in the official results.

In exceptional circumstances where many drivers go off track, we may have fewer than 20 valid times in a Division at the end of the event. However, to avoid further confusion this season, we will no-longer consider times from outside the top 30 to fill out the remaining points positions if these circumstances occur. Only the top 30 event ghosts will be considered from now on.

You must obey the track limits rules around the entire circuit, but please pay particular care on all wide kerbs, on any tarmac/concrete/painted run-off areas and in any areas of sand, gravel or grass.

At Imola you should be particularly careful on exit kerbs & run-off areas. Especially at turns 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 & 12.

If you are unsure which corners these are, please see this circuit map (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/Imola.svg/2000px-Imola.svg.png).

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be eliminated. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

DISPUTES AND APPEALS

If the SMS staff decide that your ghost is marginal on track limits, we may contact you to ask for additional evidence. The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap.

If you think that your lap is close to the limit of the track at any point, please save the replay. Then if we ask you for any additional evidence, you will be able to provide us with chase camera footage of your lap.

Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

We may also request this same video evidence if you claim after the event that a lap deemed to be invalid by SMS staff, was valid. The procedure is the same as the one above. Failure to provide this footage will result in your time being left out of the results.

Assists

You should be able to run with assists on. In "Help & Options" if you turn the individual assists on, or set them to "Real", you should get these same settings in the event. However, only the chosen car's real-world assists may work.

SMS staff during LGCS Round 2

I am on vacation this weekend, so Andy Tudor (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?21-Andy-Tudor), SMS staff and the moderators will handle any questions/disputes during this Round. I will not be available via PM (my PMs will be switched off) or email, but you can contact Andy instead. I will be back in time for the next Round in the NVIDIA Series which begins on May 20.

That's all the boring stuff out of the way now. Good luck this weekend!

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-05-2016, 14:35
I am on vacation this weekend

Holiday? Boris will be blaming the E.U. for that next.

Little bit of politics there..... ;)

chuchu747
17-05-2016, 06:34
I was able to set a time within the top 20. However I noticed that there is no ghost data in the event leaderboard page. But when I check the time trial and backend leaderboard server it says i do have a ghost of my best time. Will it be checked as well? :(

Mezzanine
18-05-2016, 13:56
I assume the review process to make sure the times set are valid gave you lots of work for Imola. When I've set my time on saturday I raced the top 10 ghosts, I've not seen one which was valid at that time.
Is there already an eta for the results?

JohnSchoonsBeard
18-05-2016, 14:40
Yes, many appeared to be crossing the white lines with everything.

Magictap
18-05-2016, 15:32
I assume the review process to make sure the times set are valid gave you lots of work for Imola. When I've set my time on saturday I raced the top 10 ghosts, I've not seen one which was valid at that time.
Is there already an eta for the results?

I'm 8th before any scrutineers have had their say but here is my lap for you : http://youtu.be/Yzu-Odf7VF4 I'm on the PC btw even though my profile says Xbox1 as that was my preferred platform at the time.

beetes_juice
18-05-2016, 15:42
Expect the top 20 to be winded down to a top 4-6 after reviews. It was very bad this round. :(

FinPro
18-05-2016, 19:26
Congrats to winners ! Here is my setup :)

Limited slip accell 22
Limited slip decell 40
Weight bias 52

SDL Rotax
18-05-2016, 22:42
It's nice of you to share your setup :)

When will it be possible to see the results of the round ?

CQR-Deuce
19-05-2016, 01:37
Apparently my lap wasn't valid. I'm not quite sure why, I've chased my ghost and didn't see anything close. I always review my replay after a PB as well and didn't see anything then so I'm a little confused.

Guess I should've been smart like my teammate and recorded my lap!😭

Mezzanine
19-05-2016, 09:51
I had a look and have seen the results have been posted, it's seems not even 50% of Top20 have set valid laps what is very sad.

These are the results:

PC DIVISION
1.32.457 SDL Mangator
1.32.476 SDL Masa
1.32.517 FinPro
1.33.494 Tx3 claytonssv
1.33.532 CQR Magictap
1.34.354 HEF51
1.34.706 tightlines
1.35.197 Chips n Queso
1.36.410 pL

Foa Congrats to the winners!
But only 9 people made it, which means 11 Players now do not gain any points though they have spend time to set valid laps which is even more sad.
Maybe you should shift the work which is now done to see if a lap is valid into making a better trackdetection, won't this save time on your & in the end?
Maybe you could at least have a look at the upcoming tracks. This is a very unfair situation now!

I've also been taking part last weekend and made a valid 01:35:610 (The video of the replay is attached at the end). Most of the time even 4 wheels on track, but at least 2 as requested.
With that time I've been in Top 10 on saturday and P35 at the end. Now I see that pL is in the results with a time nearly a second slower, he has been P51 in the end.
(No offense pL for taking you as an example here! Nice time!)

My time has already been set on saturday his had it's entry on monday (can be seen on the lb-website).

So it seems to me I should be listed P9, why isn't that the case?

Here's the replay of my lap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=982vCUZ8ioY

cheers

beetes_juice
19-05-2016, 13:49
Very fast laps with the top times, great job.

Can we get a clarification on this top 30 times considered rule? I've asked about it before and thought I understood it but looks to be not the case.

I'll have to upload my lap after work but sitting at p32 with a clean 1.35.335. As Mezzanine said above, we have pL placed at p9 with an overall classification of p51. I thought only the top 30 times were considered for reviews? If thats not the case shouldn't the final order have myself p9, Mezzanine p10, and pL p11?

Again, I will have to upload my lap but from my recollection it was clean and should have placed higher since it looks like we are going outside the top 30 times for review. If I watch myself drop +2 tires off track I'll be the first to say dirty and have my answer but from what I remember it was inside the lines.

@Mezzanine: Is your name on the LB's FalkeGT? If so, your lap on the event LB is a different time then the video above.

Mezzanine
19-05-2016, 14:24
Yes, my name is falkeGT on steam. The 1 millisecond difference between 1.35.610 (lb) and 1.35.611 (ingame) is a bug I have seen everytime a fastest lap got uploaded.
There was always a 1ms difference. I can assure that the video above shows the lap which's time is now seen on the eventpage.

This is from the esports site:

It seems that the first 60 places have been checked which is good. But it also seems a few mistakes have been made by SMS is you also have set a valid lap.

PS.: I have not checked my ghost uploaded to the leaderboard, only the replay, which was fine as you can see above.
If the ghost which has been checked by SMS now shows a differend lap this will be the confirmation that the ghost upload process is bugged (I have been reporting and assuming that here before).
As said my time has been set on saturday, so the server had 2 days to sort that ghost (explanation for 'wrong ghost showing' by SMS was the server needs time to show the right ghost).

Andy Tudor
19-05-2016, 16:19
Apparently my lap wasn't valid. I'm not quite sure why, I've chased my ghost and didn't see anything close. I always review my replay after a PB as well and didn't see anything then so I'm a little confused.

Guess I should've been smart like my teammate and recorded my lap!😭

Hey there Deuce, unfortunately the ghost that has been uploaded (1:35.719) doesn't match the time on the leaderboard (1:35.164) which is why we've had to ignore it I'm afraid...

CQR-Deuce
19-05-2016, 16:25
Hey there Deuce, unfortunately the ghost that has been uploaded (1:35.719) doesn't match the time on the leaderboard (1:35.164) which is why we've had to ignore it I'm afraid...

Dang that sucks!

Thanks for the swift response and clarification. Is there something on my end that would have caused this or is it just a bug in the game? Not going to lie that's pretty frustrating. I hated this car and didn't put in as much time as I usually do but still aggravating nonetheless.

Edit: Wait a sec, I did a lot of laps under that 1:35.7 mark and you're telling me none of these uploaded? I'm under no illusion that I'm a top driver and would be anywhere near winning but how can we have a fair competition if we can't even rely on the proper ghost being uploaded?

SDL Rotax
19-05-2016, 22:40
it happens, the best solution is to leave the session as soon as you improve your lap, to avoid the ghost bugs.

And record video of the lap proving that time has been made in the SMS-R event ;)

CQR-Deuce
19-05-2016, 22:59
Cheers Rotax!

graveltrap
20-05-2016, 06:25
Blimey, 42 players eliminated and even then only 9 scoring places filled, that is a sorry state of affairs :(

Mezzanine
20-05-2016, 12:15
Hello,

Am I beeing ignored or may anyone pls explain why my lap should not count in this event, the video in my post above shows it as clearly valid.

cheers

Sankyo
20-05-2016, 13:59
Hello,

Am I beeing ignored or may anyone pls explain why my lap should not count in this event, the video in my post above shows it as clearly valid.

cheers
Not an official answer, but it seems to me that at 1:31 you don't have at least 2 wheels within the white lines?

Mezzanine
20-05-2016, 14:37
Definately the moment on the lap where I'm closest to the white line - but I'm not over it. I made 3 screenshots which show 3 successive frames with the closest moment - looks fine to me, what do you think?

cheers

HEF51
20-05-2016, 14:58
Looks pretty clean to me.

Andy Tudor
20-05-2016, 15:34
Upon further review of the footage provided and the ghost data, we'll be happy to reinstate your lap and assign 18 Challenger Points to you. pL will therefore now receive 16

N0body Of The Goat
21-05-2016, 06:39
Round 2 of the Logitech G Championship Series opens at 1am UK time on Friday.
In exceptional circumstances where many drivers go off track, we may have fewer than 20 valid times in a Division at the end of the event. However, to avoid further confusion this season, we will no-longer consider times from outside the top 30 to fill out the remaining points positions if these circumstances occur. Only the top 30 event ghosts will be considered from now on.

Just to point out, FalkeGT finished 35th on the leaderboard according to http://cars-stats-steam.wmdportal.com/index.php/leaderboard/event?event=77 and so according to the rules in the top post, this time should not score points (despite some drivers above this player being invalidated).

Danlunval
21-05-2016, 10:21
I think that are some mistakes in results of Round 2 (LGCS) in both divisions.

PC Division
As Nobody Of The Goat post above only the top 30 event ghost should be considered (as Joseph post in this thread) and for that reason some results should not be considered: Chips n Queso (Position PC: 31, Position LGCS R2: 8) ; FalkeGT (Position PC: 35, Position LGCS R2: 9) ; and pL (Position PC: 51, Position LGCS R2: 10)

Console Division
I find some mistakes in times posted in final results of round 2:

Position LGCS R2 20: RZ LOEB (1:33.139). Position XBOX 10 (1:34.139). 1 second mistake
Position LGCS R2 19: Evdokas (1:33.096). Position PS4 20 (1:32.963).
Position LGCS R2 12:TSRacing_Racer (1:32.780). Position PS4 12 (1:32.731).
Position LGCS R2 6: TSRacing_Atho (1:32.498). Position PS4 4 (1:32.456).

Here are the results in each console:

XBOX 1-10
http://i65.tinypic.com/wqztde.jpg

PS4 1-10
http://i65.tinypic.com/smd5w8.jpg

PS4 11-20
http://i65.tinypic.com/14kgugl.jpg

PS4 21-30
http://i65.tinypic.com/99fl04.jpg

PS4 31-40
http://i65.tinypic.com/1t4yfc.jpg

_MB_
21-05-2016, 10:45
@ Andy , Joseph
Hi im posting on one of my teammates behalf.
Would you please kindly check he's time,as the results times are different.
PSN Evdokas

Many thanks

Andy Tudor
21-05-2016, 14:44
To answer Danluval and _mb_ quickly... I've double-checked the ghosts and times that were grabbed once the round had closed and can corroborate that they were correct as we posted. Regarding why you're seeing differences in some cases, we will investigate. In particular, it would be good to know from the parties involved when they set their laps out of interest.

In the case of RZ LOEB, this appears to be a clerical error and has now been fixed.

Regarding why Chips n Queso, FalkeGT, and pL's times were included, this was due to extraordinary event of the huge amount of times in the PC Division being illegitimate. I'll discuss this with Joe on Monday but these were included so that we could at least have a Top Ten. Top Seven sounds bad ;)

AbeWoz
21-05-2016, 14:54
BeetesJuice should also score points for this, he posted a time 1 position down from Chips N Queso.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46995-Logitech-G-Championship-Series-Round-2-LMP2-at-Imola&p=1279715&viewfull=1#post1279715

Danlunval
21-05-2016, 17:01
To answer Danluval and _mb_ quickly... I've double-checked the ghosts and times that were grabbed once the round had closed and can corroborate that they were correct as we posted. Regarding why you're seeing differences in some cases, we will investigate. In particular, it would be good to know from the parties involved when they set their laps out of interest.

In the case of RZ LOEB, this appears to be a clerical error and has now been fixed.

Regarding why Chips n Queso, FalkeGT, and pL's times were included, this was due to extraordinary event of the huge amount of times in the PC Division being illegitimate. I'll discuss this with Joe on Monday but these were included so that we could at least have a Top Ten. Top Seven sounds bad ;)

Thank you Andy for the clarifications

_MB_
21-05-2016, 18:23
it would be good to know from the parties involved when they set their laps out of interest.

Thanks for the answers Andy
I don't know when the lap was set but i'll catch up with him either tonight or tomorrow and get back to you.

_MB_
23-05-2016, 11:25

Thanks for the answers Andy
I don't know when the lap was set but i'll catch up with him either tonight or tomorrow and get back to you.
@Andy
Spoken to Evdokas last night obviously bit gutted he's lost out on a few positions.
Anyway the 1:33.096 and the 1:32.963 were both posted on Monday night within 20-30mins of each other somewhere between 10:30 and 11:30pm uk time

Andy Tudor
23-05-2016, 14:52
BeetesJuice should also score points for this, he posted a time 1 position down from Chips N Queso.
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46995-Logitech-G-Championship-Series-Round-2-LMP2-at-Imola&p=1279715&viewfull=1#post1279715
Unfortunately, BeetesJuice time was not valid due to this infraction...

Ch1ps N Queso
23-05-2016, 17:35

Not to mention, I followed the rules and drove within the blatantly obvious white lines.

N0body Of The Goat
24-05-2016, 10:09
Not to mention, I followed the rules and drove within the blatantly obvious white lines.

I was not questioning your driving, I did not look at any replays, I'm talking about the competition rules for this event specifically stating that no times outside the top30 would be considered for points after disqualifications.

Some may have seen the 30th placed time, seen that rule and decided there was no way they could break into the top30, having practiced the event and therefore did not try to get a time which is now being points.

Rules are there so competitors know what is going on. Changing them after an event has finished is highly irregular.

Mezzanine
24-05-2016, 11:15
I was not questioning your driving, I did not look at any replays, I'm talking about the competition rules for this event specifically stating that no times outside the top30 would be considered for points after disqualifications.

Some may have seen the 30th placed time, seen that rule and decided there was no way they could break into the top30, having practiced the event and therefore did not try to get a time which is now being points.

Rules are there so competitors know what is going on. Changing them after an event has finished is highly irregular.

Hey,

In general I would agree on rules are rules cause rules are what makes a challenge fair - I'm in.
The downside on sticking on that P30 rule would be the possibility to make it impossible for within-the-rules-gamers to score points because a lot of not-within-the-rules-gamers spam the top 30 expelling the within-rules ones.

The best would be if the gamecode sets the rules and would sort out the ones out of the lines but thats not the case.
To maintain fairness I think it's a good choice by sms to check more than P30.

cheers

N0body Of The Goat
24-05-2016, 13:41
Hey,

In general I would agree on rules are rules cause rules are what makes a challenge fair - I'm in.
The downside on sticking on that P30 rule would be the possibility to make it impossible for within-the-rules-gamers to score points because a lot of not-within-the-rules-gamers spam the top 30 expelling the within-rules ones.

The best would be if the gamecode sets the rules and would sort out the ones out of the lines but thats not the case.
To maintain fairness I think it's a good choice by sms to check more than P30.

cheers
The rule about SMS stating they would only award points to valid drivers that finished in the top 30 came into effect after the first Logitech championship round, I cannot see it in the opening post by Joseph for LMP @ Silverstone. This rule came into effect before round 2 started, only to be abandoned and retrospectively applied to the round two results.