PDA

View Full Version : And people complain about SMS's length of game support!

Mark Silcock
11-05-2016, 20:52
Need For Speed 2015 Wraps Up, Focus Shifts to 2017 Entry

http://www.needforspeed.com/news/under-the-hood-7

6 months and done and dusted!

Konan
11-05-2016, 21:22
Goes to show how far SMS is going just to please their customers...
Hats off yet again... :eagerness:

FS7
11-05-2016, 22:22
Just the fact that NFS was an online-only game (aka disposable game) was enough for me to decide not to buy it.
CM's F1 games aren't that great either in terms of post-release support, usually 2-3 console patches and they move on to the next game generally leaving stuff unfixed.

Konan
11-05-2016, 23:10
Just the fact that NFS was an online-only game (aka disposable game) was enough for me to decide not to buy it.
CM's F1 games aren't that great either in terms of post-release support, usually 2-3 console patches and they move on to the next game generally leaving stuff unfixed.

Despite my reservations i bought it...just for a couple of cars i wanted to drive...hardly ever played it since i got it though...
For me that game should be all about the look of the cars and the big downside imo is that it's an "all night" game...
Upside (albeit a small one)is that it's playable in solo mode...

LogRoad
11-05-2016, 23:44
:biggrin-new:It's got hot rods? AND it's got an offline game? Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for that magical $10 tag. :biggrin-new:

Konan
12-05-2016, 01:12
:biggrin-new:It's got hot rods? AND it's got an offline game? Guess I'll have to keep an eye out for that magical $10 tag. :biggrin-new:

Not exactly offline (you have to be logged on all the time)... I meant you can play solo...(big difference i admit)...edited the post.
Yes hot rods...i went back to it for those...got bored again quickly regardless...

LogRoad
12-05-2016, 04:10
Yeah. I just finished reading several reviews & blogs. Sounds like EA/NFS has reached a whole 'nother plateau in how to really piss off as many of their customers as possible. So, as I understand it there is a mode for single play but it still requires an online connection - though not much of one is required, something like 150KB/s. I'll be keeping an eye out for that $10 price tag.

T0MMY
12-05-2016, 04:27
The support for NFS is short but I can't say I didn't expect it, they usually support the game for 6 months then dump it for the next game. I still remember NFS HP2010 had like 3 patches and 1 free DLC on PC then the support ends, it is like 3 months of support.

Konan
12-05-2016, 05:35
Yeah. I just finished reading several reviews & blogs. Sounds like EA/NFS has reached a whole 'nother plateau in how to really piss off as many of their customers as possible. So, as I understand it there is a mode for single play but it still requires an online connection - though not much of one is required, something like 150KB/s. I'll be keeping an eye out for that $10 price tag.

Yep...online connection is needed but you are not obligated to do the "team events" or race against human opponents...
The visual tuning is great and lots of choices of liveries...all looks fantastic in the garage but racing in the dark takes a lot of that away...

Rambo_Commando
12-05-2016, 06:38
Ever since the movie Fast and Furious the NFS franchise has gone downhill. If you asked me the game isn't even worth 10 bucks. Racing only at night with auto transmission made me return that game and not look back.

Pr3t3nd3r
12-05-2016, 07:59
Comparing NFS with the pCARS...seems fine to me :P

Konan
12-05-2016, 09:20
Comparing NFS with the pCARS...seems fine to me :P

No contest there...:rolleyes:

Sloskimo
12-05-2016, 09:53
No contest there...:rolleyes:

Obviously... NFS wins hands down :)

Furma
12-05-2016, 09:54
I think more people complain about not fixing bugs (some present since pre-release) than the length of support..

also NFS 2015 was out longer than 6 months (at least on consoles) - I am sure they implemented (in the PC version) all of the fixes they released for console version and then just had to fix PC specific bugs

or were you talking about support in form of extra content (DLC)? its a simple arcade game, I doubt anyone expected bunch of tracks and cars like they do for sim/simcade racers

Raven403
12-05-2016, 11:07
This would be a more relevant Thread/Argument if you posted the bug/fixes list of NFS and Pcars a week after their launch. Based on what Ive seen NFS didn't have nearly as many things to address......so im not sure why they would continue to support the game if its been patched and completed. Im pretty Sure SMS would've done the same exact thing as soon as they could to free up resources for other projects, But SMS is still doing what they can to bolster and create a Reputation to carry the studio forward with Pcars2 so its in their best interest business wise as well to continue to support and perfect their product. EA is not in that same boat, at all, so yeah it makes perfect sense.

Pr3t3nd3r
12-05-2016, 14:18
Even simple bugs such as a speed dials in several cars are not being fixed yet... I really laugh every time when I see a huge mismatch between BMW 1M speed dial and hud speed dial :D

Bealdor
12-05-2016, 14:22
Even simple bugs such as a speed dials in several cars are not being fixed yet... I really laugh every time when I see a huge mismatch between BMW 1M speed dial and hud speed dial :D

That's not a simple bug although it may look like it. To fix this one had to implement non linear speedometers which the game doesn't support yet.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-05-2016, 17:30
Yup. It's a missing feature, not a bug, and not a completely trivial one to solve.

Sankyo
12-05-2016, 17:33
Which goes to show once again that people should stay away from judging or ridiculing SMS and their efforts to support the game without knowing the details behind an issue.

Pr3t3nd3r
12-05-2016, 20:07
Which goes to show once again that people should stay away from judging or ridiculing SMS and their efforts to support the game without knowing the details behind an issue.

And we are so much informed about the behind scene...what you are showing us is how many bugs have been solved and I/we are grateful for that. But this game is called a feature complete. Well guess what...another lie? ;)

Sankyo
12-05-2016, 20:10
And we are so much informed about the behind scene...what you are showing us is how many bugs have been solved and I/we are grateful for that. But this game is called a feature complete. Well guess what...another lie? ;)
You probably mean that the game doesn't contain everything you would have liked it to contain? How is that lying from SMS?

Pr3t3nd3r
12-05-2016, 20:14
You probably mean that the game doesn't contain everything you would have liked it to contain? How is that lying from SMS?

No...this is a feature which is not a feature how it should work. If you call that a feature complete it's no wonder why this is called another NFS. This is not about what I would like to have. It's a thing that should normally work as a feature. If it's not working than it's another false feature you are showing us.

Bealdor
12-05-2016, 20:35
No...this is a feature which is not a feature how it should work. If you call that a feature complete it's no wonder why this is called another NFS. This is not about what I would like to have. It's a thing that should normally work as a feature. If it's not working than it's another false feature you are showing us.

It's a minor issue that doesn't hinder anyone to play the game but would cost a significant amount of developer time and money get it fixed.
Those things happen in all big games of every developer. Have you ever seen the index of bugs and missing features in Fallout 4 (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1544248-bug-report-index-pc/)?
I can guarantee you that not even half of those issues will be fixed by Bethesda, not even close.

Konan
12-05-2016, 20:40

Who called this another NFS :confused:

Pr3t3nd3r
12-05-2016, 22:20
It's a minor issue that doesn't hinder anyone to play the game but would cost a significant amount of developer time and money get it fixed.
Those things happen in all big games of every developer. Have you ever seen the index of bugs and missing features in Fallout 4 (http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1544248-bug-report-index-pc/)?
I can guarantee you that not even half of those issues will be fixed by Bethesda, not even close.

Maybe this will be rude but I don't care about the Fallout 4 but I do care about the pCARS. I really hope you will have a better luck with the pCARS 2 and that you have learned sth from the pCARS. My opinion about the pCARS is that you had many trolls who didn't help you to create even a better game/experience. I know you are/were doing best to create an unique experience but in my eyes you have failed somehow. That doesn't mean I am not interested in the next games you will be delivering to us but will most certanly be more careful.

Anyways I wish you all the best in the near and far future. At the end you deserve it ;)

Pr3t3nd3r
12-05-2016, 22:22
Who called this another NFS :confused:

Many people.

Raven403
12-05-2016, 22:33
WHat? No ban hammer for those statements? Wheres the consistency in that?

Many people.

No one

Jescott71
12-05-2016, 22:54
People will be far more forgiving about bugs in a game like Fallout 4 than Projects CARS, they're two completely different games. Fallout 4 is more about the story and the lore of the world that you're in, the game is more about the story than gameplay (in fact, if you look at the gameplay of Fallout 4 in isolation, it's actually quite a boring game). It's the world you're in that makes the game what it is. With a game like Project CARS, it's all about realism, and that's why bugs will be more harshly criticized. I'm not saying that's right or fair, but that's how I see it.

And for the record, for what I use PCARS for, I do think the game is feature complete. I can do long endurance races where the AI can do half or two thirds of the race in single player, and I can do multi-class races like Le Mans in career. I too want other things as well, but who doesn't? As for bugs, I haven't encountered a major bug since about late 2015.

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 07:20
WHat? No ban hammer for those statements? Wheres the consistency in that?

No one

To much fanboyism? ;)

Cheesenium
13-05-2016, 07:24
With a game like Project CARS, it's all about realism, and that's why bugs will be more harshly criticized. I'm not saying that's right or fair, but that's how I see it.

No, it just some people nitpicking on some fairly obscure bugs. There is literally no way to make a bug free games, where even companies that polish that games to near perfections, like Blizzard still have minor bugs in their games. Blizzard is probably one of the most wealthy company in the world that they could afford to support their games free for years to come yet I still find bugs in their games.

If you go back to the initial release of pcars in May last year, that is a far more buggy game than what it is now in 2016. SMS had done what they can to improve the game which I think they had done a good job so far. Even other games on PC, such as AC, R3E and so on, they all still have bugs and limitations till now.

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 07:35
No, it just some people nitpicking on some fairly obscure bugs. There is literally no way to make a bug free games, where even companies that polish that games to near perfections, like Blizzard still have minor bugs in their games. Blizzard is probably one of the most wealthy company in the world that they could afford to support their games free for years to come yet I still find bugs in their games.

If you go back to the initial release of pcars in May last year, that is a far more buggy game than what it is now in 2016. SMS had done what they can to improve the game which I think they had done a good job so far. Even other games on PC, such as AC, R3E and so on, they all still have bugs and limitations till now.

Agree. But at least you can say that they are buggy and won't attack you like an animal who is trying to protect its territory :D

Ian Bell
13-05-2016, 07:39
Agree. But at least you can say that they are buggy and won't attack you like an animal who is trying to protect its territory :D

You've not been attacked like an animal. In fact, you've been given a pretty much free rein to abuse the game, accuse us of lying and temper it all with the odd smiley.

I'm wondering why you're feeling this way.

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 08:07
You've not been attacked like an animal. In fact, you've been given a pretty much free rein to abuse the game, accuse us of lying and temper it all with the odd smiley.

I am not abusing the game. I was just wondering about the some facts and bugs which are well know from the release date. I was here from the day one (release date) and was trying to help you swuish some bugs. But what I have seen was for now is the strategy "attack is a better way than a defense" from some people. Others were willing to help and did amazing job (especially WMD members).

And IF I am abusing the game is with the criticism which would make this game better. I don't see a problem here?

Alan Dallas
13-05-2016, 08:09

If I may hazard an experienced guess?
People imposing high expectations for something that highly interests them. When all they're doing is setting themselves up to be let down because they expected "it" to be more than what was actually advertised. It's a personality problem.

Cheesenium
13-05-2016, 08:10

Still with that passive aggressive attitude while calling me an animal. Classy, mate. pcars May 2016 is considerably less buggy by far to pcars May 2015, whether you like it or not. SMS might never fix all the bugs, I still stand by that they did a lot to fix a lot of issues.

This post literally had proven that you never played a Blizzard game with enough game time in one. Bugs will always be there, even in highly polished games. And they have a lot of really rabid fans that will "protect" their games.

People imposing high expectations for something that highly interests them. When all they're doing is setting themselves up to be let down because they expected "it" to be more than what was actually advertised. It's a personality problem.

I guess, in another words, you could say I am fairly easy to please then because i never held pcars or any other game with some unrealistic expectations.

It is pointless at the end, as setting such high expectations will eventually disappoint youself when something minor did not meet your expectations where I rather go into something with a more reasonable expectation in something.

Ian Bell
13-05-2016, 08:11

May I proffer a response?

I suspect they expect too much.

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 08:15

Well partially true. I did expect a lot from the game. On the other side I am glad that lots of bugs have been sorted out...especially game breaking bugs. Some things look simple to make them working better but it seems it's more complex to do it.

Since we still don't know about the future of the pCARS (not DLCs) we have to wait and see what will happen.

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 08:16
Still with that passive aggressive attitude while calling me an animal. Classy, mate. pcars May 2016 is considerably less buggy by far to pcars May 2015, whether you like it or not. SMS might never fix all the bugs, I still stand by that they did a lot to fix a lot of issues.

This post literally had proven that you never played a Blizzard game with enough game time in one. Bugs will always be there, even in highly polished games. And they have a lot of really rabid fans that will "protect" their games.

I guess, in another words, you could say I am fairly easy to please then because i never held pcars or any other game with some unrealistic expectations.

It is pointless at the end, as setting such high expectations will eventually disappoint youself when something minor did not meet your expectations where I rather go into something with a more reasonable expectation in something.

I didn't name anyone. Did I?

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 08:17
May I proffer a response?

I suspect they expect too much.

That's the problem in my case it seems :)

Ian Bell
13-05-2016, 08:22
I am not abusing the game. I was just wondering about the some facts and bugs which are well know from the release date. I was here from the day one (release date) and was trying to help you swuish some bugs. But what I have seen was for now is the strategy "attack is a better way than a defense" from some people. Others were willing to help and did amazing job (especially WMD members).

And IF I am abusing the game is with the criticism which would make this game better. I don't see a problem here?

I know exactly what you were doing.

Konan
13-05-2016, 08:46

Calling anyone a liar is abuse in my book....

Konan
13-05-2016, 08:50

...again...abuse in my book...

Pr3t3nd3r
13-05-2016, 09:08
...again...abuse in my book...

It's a fact.

Konan
13-05-2016, 09:15
It's a fact.

Fact is you're able to get away with what others have been banned for...I guess the mods must be in a good mood...
Just keep pr3t3nding....:cool:

Ian Bell
13-05-2016, 09:21
Fact is you're able to get away with what others have been banned for...I guess the mods must be in a good mood...
Just keep pr3t3nding....:cool:

I think we've had enough now.

Konan
13-05-2016, 09:25
I think we've had enough now.

Understood...my apologies...
subject closed...:cool: