PDA

View Full Version : Project CARS PC Patch 11.0 Release Notes - HTC Vive support is here

Stephen Viljoen
12-05-2016, 15:34
Hi all,

The next Project CARS patch is now live on Steam. This one brings a host of Virtual Reality improvements, and features full HTC Vive support. We support SteamVR's room customization option when using the HTC Vive, so whenever you're in the game menus, you'll see the SteamVR room in the background. This allows you to customize the look of the 3D space surrounding the menus via the SteamVR Workshop. We're looking forward to seeing all the creative Project CARS themed custom backgrounds that our fans come up with. :)

We've also implemented the often-requested VR mouse support, Gaze control support, and the ability to seamlessly swap between them and use them along with Custom Controller and Gamepads.

Due to the extent of the Virtual Reality updates, we strongly recommend that you delete the configuration files that store the various settings. These are found in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" and are the files with XML extension.

Project CARS - PC Patch 11.0

Virtual Reality
* HTC Vive support
* Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
* Mouse pointer control in HMD view implemented
* Photo mode is now fully functional
* Depth of Field effects now work correctly
* The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
* Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
* Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
* Improved the default seat position
* Improved the default HUD position
* Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
* Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from a race to the main menu

Other
* Nürburgring Combined
- Fixed an issue where a pit stop operation would fail to initiate correctly, leaving the car stuck in the pits
- Fixed the starting lights not working
- Fixed an issue with the pit-in trigger potentially initiating when the player is on the main straight
* Improved system for Opponent Labels
* Added support for the Thrustmaster TMX ForceFeedback wheel
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where at times it would cause dropped frames at the start of a race
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where LEDs and pedal rumble motors failed to work after a disconnect/reconnect

cluck
12-05-2016, 15:39
VR mouse support? I think I love you :couple_inlove:

EDIT : The gaze support looks interesting aswell, I'll give that a go this evening :).

In short, there are some really welcome looking features and fixes there for VR owners, not least for the HTC Vive owners :yes:

cluck
12-05-2016, 15:40
Also, the usual 'release notes' warning. This thread is to discuss what is in the patch, not what it doesn't include and/or fix.

crowtrobot
12-05-2016, 15:44
Fantastic news, thank you! Looks like it may be time to sell off my DK2...

satco1066
12-05-2016, 15:51
Great. Didn't believe that SMSoon will be so soon. :applause:

cluck
12-05-2016, 15:53
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where LEDs and pedal rumble motors failed to work after a disconnect/reconnectIn all my excitement at the VR stuff, I missed this. Does this fix the 'rumbles not working' problem on the CSP V3 pedals? If so, what with the VR stuff, this is a really nice set of fixes for me :)

Mahjik
12-05-2016, 15:58
Does this fix the 'rumbles not working' problem on the CSP V3 pedals?

You could test it.... :p

;)

Konan
12-05-2016, 16:00
For me it's all about the "other" stuff...which i am very pleased to say SMS isn't just concentrating on the "VR" thingy

cluck
12-05-2016, 16:04
You could test it.... :p

;)I will when I get home, just impatient to find out beforehand :D

Konan
12-05-2016, 16:15
I will when I get home, just impatient to find out beforehand :D

Well...isn't that like someone telling the story of a movie before you've seen it? :cool:

TwilightUA
12-05-2016, 16:27
That's strange, 11.0 patch fixed a huge fps drop at combined Nord, and yet there's no word about it in patchnotes. Thanks anyway :confused:

RomKnight
12-05-2016, 16:35
I don't have VIVE... this update sucks :P

But I have fanatec wheel and pedals so maybe not useless :D :D :D

On a serious notes though, what sucks is that there is NO answer to my email and i'm not able to buy it from Portugal. top job by steam... NOT

Sankyo
12-05-2016, 17:28
That's strange, 11.0 patch fixed a huge fps drop at combined Nord, and yet there's no word about it in patchnotes. Thanks anyway :confused:

Could either be forgotten, or one of 'minor' fixes, or something resolved itself automatically on your system :)

Bonoscot
12-05-2016, 17:55
Where can i download the standalone patch?

Bealdor
12-05-2016, 17:57
Where can i download the standalone patch?

There is no standalone patch. Steam will automatically download it for you.

CastrolGT
12-05-2016, 18:09
nothing for the DRS strangely inexistant on the Zonda Revolution? that's a shame :/

NigsNuts
12-05-2016, 18:18
Great to hear :D
Now if I can just find somewhere to try a Vive out ( in UK) before I commit to buying one.....

Bkim
12-05-2016, 18:25
Well, at least a very tiny group of weatlhy people are happy with this patch:rolleyes:

MrTulip
12-05-2016, 18:27
The visor rain drop separation effect is now perfect! Thank you! :)

NaRP
12-05-2016, 18:56
why does my label appear in big in chase view (external) ? It's ugly !!

Stryker44
12-05-2016, 19:32
Great ... This patch screwed up my frame rates. Was 60+ now 35-40 on the same track, car and weather. G thanks, Just when things were going good too

RomKnight
12-05-2016, 19:34
OK, i've seen a thread about black screens and answer there that I haven't had those for a long time. I finally got 5 minutes to get back to sim racing after a month or so and here they are.

Steps:

I've cleared the Docs/pcars folder (I left only the profile). Entered the game, selected the RUF GT3 selected the sofs, adjusted a couple of FFB as well and saved the setup on nords combined.

Mid lap I got a call, pressed ESC, exit yes and the game froze. Had to press the reset button on the case...

Tried again and I got the girl telling me I needed to select my driver profile (choose pro - I didn't remember this already... ) Lost some settings I've made like lens flare, lost setups on the ruf at least now I have red triangles on all tracks when I should have just a couple of setups on this car checked 5m or so before.

So I re did my wheel and pedals calibration, ruf setup (again softs and ffb only) went for a lap.. barely did the beginning of Nords part, freeze... but this time I got an unhandled exception error.

Logs of this crash (not from the freeze) and the screen with the error.

/edit
The integrity cache check just finished. No issues...

PzR Slim
12-05-2016, 19:52
Thanks for the Vive support, will give it a whirl tonight and report back.

RomKnight
12-05-2016, 21:19
to add to my last post, i can't save setups. But I can load the ones I already had!

Even on cars that had a few setups now it shows (when trying to save) the red triangle on all tracks too. I don't want to loose my setups... It'll be a long work trying to put them on the setup database :(

poirqc
12-05-2016, 21:36
to add to my last post, i can't save setups. But I can load the ones I already had!

Even on cars that had a few setups now it shows (when trying to save) the red triangle on all tracks too. I don't want to loose my setups... It'll be a long work trying to put them on the setup database :(

Since the application updated itself, maybe windows doesn't recognise it properly and doesn't give it permission to write to those files?

Try to lauch the pCars application as admin to see if you can save setups?

PzR Slim
12-05-2016, 22:56
Vive support is awesome, much better than with revive. Absolutely no pop in and was able to run maxed with a decent sized field with zero issues. Sim racing heaven!

RomKnight
12-05-2016, 23:16
Since the application updated itself, maybe windows doesn't recognise it properly and doesn't give it permission to write to those files?

Try to lauch the pCars application as admin to see if you can save setups?

Thanks but it wasn't that it seems. I ended up saving the profile for later to recover my setups.

Meanwhile on a completely different subject, it seems I've made the exact same time as TD in the picture but the whole 6th line doesn't show up.

ryandtw
13-05-2016, 02:16

Yeah, me too - why is there my name over my car when I put opponent labels on? Umm...this is a bug here...

surtic86
13-05-2016, 05:12
Thanks for the VIVE Support!

OperatorWay
13-05-2016, 07:29

Yeah, me too - why is there my name over my car when I put opponent labels on? Umm...this is a bug here...

Same here. In the external/follow/chase camera view, my username is now displayed in a giant-sized font over the mini-map in the top left corner of the screen.

Tim Foster
13-05-2016, 08:00
Great job adding the Vive support. The r/vive reddit is full of glowing praise for this!

I also get the impression that pCARS along with Elite: Dangerous are hailed as THE goto VR titles when reading threads in r/oculus.

Stunning work SMS :)

Teee
13-05-2016, 10:01
TrackIR 5 is not working at all since this patch. It works on R3E and GTR2 so the issue is on pCars' side.

Sankyo
13-05-2016, 10:28
TrackIR 5 is not working at all since this patch. It works on R3E and GTR2 so the issue is on pCars' side.
I'll look into this, but would like to hear other TrackIR users if it's working or not.

Patrick Kulinski
13-05-2016, 11:20
Tried it, and despite itsy tiny judder on Hockenheim Short with 29 AI on track in general the controls are smooth as silk. The gaze control is a neat cherry on top. Very well done blue team! :)

BullWinkle
13-05-2016, 12:17
I'll look into this, but would like to hear other TrackIR users if it's working or not.

I had no issues with TrackIR after patch. Worked without issue(s).:)

BigDad
13-05-2016, 13:18
HTC Vive support :yes:
Lets hope There's PlayStation vr support hiding in there too .
Thanks SMS and keep em coming .

WIGG77
13-05-2016, 15:11
SimVibe no longer launches in VR.

Any suggestions?

Sankyo
13-05-2016, 15:12
SimVibe no longer launches in VR.

Any suggestions?

Did you delete all configuration files as per Stephen's posting?

WIGG77
13-05-2016, 15:16
Did you delete all configuration files as per Stephen's posting?

Yes

colinL
13-05-2016, 15:24
I have TrackIR 5 and its no longer working. It doesn't recognize the game at all.

Alex911
13-05-2016, 15:36
Same problem here. Track IR not working at all as it does not recognize when the game is launched...

M4MKey
13-05-2016, 16:07
Yup... This need fixing really fast. Unless there's a workaround.

haydnbuzz
13-05-2016, 16:26
Yes TrackIR is not working again, admittedly I use Freetrack. After 10.1's fix I was very thankful to have it back. I knew I should have turned automatic updating off! Hope there's a fix soon as there was previously post patch 10 breaking it initially.

Also support for V3 pedals would be great! :D

M4MKey
13-05-2016, 16:31
TrackIr is working if you launch the game via the Vive Support for SteamVR option for the game....

WIGG77
13-05-2016, 16:47
Is there something like -VR you can enter in the launch options to load the VR version in steam?

ShimSim
13-05-2016, 17:03
I noticed the reason it's not launching in SimVibe anymore is because now launching from Steam there's an option for Steam VR mode(Vive) and mode other VR mode(Rift).

I tried -vr and it didn't do anything.

WIGG77
13-05-2016, 17:26
I noticed the reason it's not launching in SimVibe anymore is because now launching from Steam there's an option for Steam VR mode(Vive) and mode other VR mode(Rift).

I tried -vr and it didn't do anything.

Is it giving you the option after you launch from SimVibe or just loading straight in to the normal version?
Mine just launches without any option to choose

Luke Townsend
13-05-2016, 17:45
TrackIR5 not working for me neither on the normal non-VR game. It worked correctly before this update.

Scott Coffey
13-05-2016, 18:24
TrackIR works here as long as I launch the game in "Oculus" mode. Haven't tried Vive mode. Funny though... I played last night with no issues just using the non-VR launch button, but today I have to use the VR mode. Weird.

Also, I didn't delete any of my config files. I tried deleting them but noticed after checking my graphics settings that my head tracking movement was shaky compared to before. I also noticed that the game only created a 'graphicsconfigdx11.xml' file and not the 'graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml' and 'oculussettings.xml' files that were there before. I was under the impression that even TrackIR users used setting from the 'graphicsconfigoculusdx11.xml' file, so maybe the fact that it wasn't created is the reason for my shaky head-tracking movements. Anyway, I restored the config files from backup and all appears to be well.

Edit: Did some additional testing and it seems that the shaky head movements were caused by a vsync/refresh rate issue. I have a G-sync monitor and the game works best with vsync set to "on". I had forgot to change that in my graphics settings. Also, there is a parm in the config file called 'refresh_num'. In the newly created file it was set to '59951' but in my backup file it was set to '144003' (my monitor has a max 144 refresh rate) so I changed that manually. So now the documents/pcars folder only has the 'graphicsconfigdx11.xml' file and things seem to be running OK.

ShimSim
13-05-2016, 18:26
Is it giving you the option after you launch from SimVibe or just loading straight in to the normal version?
Mine just launches without any option to choose

If I launch from SimVibe I have no option, but if I launch from Steam it gives me an option. From SimVibe it loads straight to the 2D version.

Bobobski
13-05-2016, 18:52
I can confirm what Scott says, TIR works for me if I launch from Steam VR using Oculus mode, though I have noticed that the tracking seems much more sensitive to head movement than usual - Oh well, since you're forcing me to use Oculus mode I might as well get one :D

Thomas Heineman
13-05-2016, 18:54
It works fine in singleplayer, but crashes when trying multiplayer (oculus). Did reset everything.

nivadepi
13-05-2016, 19:19
If I launch from SimVibe I have no option, but if I launch from Steam it gives me an option. From SimVibe it loads straight to the 2D version.

Same here. Could it be another steamID for the game as it is now in the new steam VR menu ?
Anyway, maybe it's a placebo effect, but I do think that with the latest patch VR is running way better now on my DK2. No more immersion breaking popups of trackside stuff. imho PCars has really turned into an effing epic sim.

Thomas Heineman
13-05-2016, 19:30
It works fine in singleplayer, but crashes when trying multiplayer (oculus). Did reset everything.

Did verify steam install. Instant crash when listing online games using steam with rift...(launching in oculus mode)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6rkt8idrngk1o0/Dbg%202016-05-13%20%40%2021.33.02.rar?dl=0

(oculus hourglass shows up)

Scott Coffey
13-05-2016, 19:31
Is there/will there be a launch option to bypass the new mode selection box?

WIGG77
13-05-2016, 19:48

Yeah same here. Can you add an exception to load a different .EXE in the SimVibe launch options? All I could find was the 32 and 64 bit launchers in the PCars folder

Edit*
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47108-Sim-Commander-4-and-Oculus-help

Not at home, can anyone confirm?

NaRP
13-05-2016, 21:34
Same here. In the external/follow/chase camera view, my username is now displayed in a giant-sized font over the mini-map in the top left corner of the screen.

change that, please.

BullWinkle
14-05-2016, 00:02
I had no issues with TrackIR after patch. Worked without issue(s).:)

Update::o
I did not delete my graphicsconfigdx11.xml files (plus vr ones)after patch so I had no issue with TrackIR.,Tonight however I did delete my files and yes, no TrackIR (with standard Project Cars). Sorry about that Stephen.

Stocky
14-05-2016, 01:36

They need to remove the opponent names from your own car, or fix this. I always use chase view for Karts, and a few other cars. Doesn't look like they tested this.

SrikemaHD
14-05-2016, 02:11
This is a fantastic update and really brings pcars and vr to a new level even with my dk2 (still waiting for cv1) If you guy are really using Trackir still I think you should get with the times and get your selves a vr hmd as its incredible!

E_Luckow
14-05-2016, 02:56
Sorry for the stupid question but this warning is for everyone? I don't have VR stuff installed. Should I delete any file?

Due to the extent of the Virtual Reality updates, we strongly recommend that you delete the configuration files that store the various settings. These are found in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" and are the files with XML extension.

Edited: Nevermind. Did it. Sorry

Sankyo
14-05-2016, 07:21
Update::o
I did not delete my graphicsconfigdx11.xml files (plus vr ones)after patch so I had no issue with TrackIR.,Tonight however I did delete my files and yes, no TrackIR (with standard Project Cars). Sorry about that Stephen.

Run the game in Oculus VR mode and it will work as before.

HoiHman
14-05-2016, 09:10

Remco,

Do you know if there's a commandline which i can add in steam to automatically let it launch Pcars in the Oculus VR mode. I normally launch the game through simcommander 4, but that not working since the latest patch.
Now it automatically launches to my monitor instead of the rift.

Naz
14-05-2016, 10:49
Remco,

Do you know if there's a commandline which i can add in steam to automatically let it launch Pcars in the Oculus VR mode. I normally launch the game through simcommander 4, but that not working since the latest patch.
Now it automatically launches to my monitor instead of the rift.

Workaround for this issue in this thread mate. Works for me. :yes:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47108-Sim-Commander-4-and-Oculus-help

BigDad
14-05-2016, 12:12
I'm going to get bashed for this but, join the 5% club and this problem will disappear . lol:p

Giovtec
14-05-2016, 15:01
Soooo, i haven't touch pCARS for some days, and this is what i get? :confused: any fix?

I know i asked for a better label visibility but come on!!! ;)

Sankyo
14-05-2016, 17:06
I'll tell the devs that the labels are too visible now :)

artao
14-05-2016, 21:13
Yeahp. Another TrackIR user (okay, well .. FaceTrackNoIR) who got very frustrated wondering why his tracking wasn't working, then found the others in this thread experiencing it as well.
It works when I launch via right-clicking pCARS via the Steam interface, using HTC Vive (not tried Oculus, but it seems that works too perhaps)
I'm glad it hasn't stopped working altogether ... but my nice, shiny desktop icon is all sad now cuz I can't use it.
Surely there is or will be a command line option to launch this way by default. :)
Also, I'm already using several command line parameters. Are these being applied when I launch the game via the right-click workaround?

(yes, I also followed instructions and deleted those .xml files)

satco1066
14-05-2016, 23:48
Have to say, i like this new big labels.

Another thing.
Maybe happend by chance, but on our last race one day after release of patch11, we had a "hit invisible wall" accident in a Spa race on our dedicated server.
This was the first time since months.
As i read here similar ( unfortunately rude ) message, could this be reintroduced by patch11 ?
There was also a double car left over from quali to warmup to race, that caused a start accident, cause nobody was driving it.
So a assume, there could be also a dead participant on the DS , standing around, but invisible to the players. Caused by (steam) network problems and DS.

SwiftyOne
14-05-2016, 23:58

Me too, Edit: Sorry my bad, should have read the thread before posting...I found the solution :)

jedrzej101
15-05-2016, 13:12
Great ... This patch screwed up my frame rates. Was 60+ now 35-40 on the same track, car and weather. G thanks, Just when things were going good too

I have same proble .Day before patch,the game worked fine. After update feel like microsuttering. I use trustmaster t500 wheel and csr fanatec pedals with fanatec shifter. Funny part is when I disconect fanatec controlers game is smooth again. After reset I conect again and problem comback. I traied with different games and is no problem with pedals,shofter or wheel.

BullWinkle
15-05-2016, 13:19
I have same proble .Day before patch,the game worked fine. After update feel like microsuttering. I use trustmaster t500 wheel and csr fanatec pedals with fanatec shifter. Funny part is when I disconect fanatec controlers game is smooth again. After reset I conect again and problem comback. I traied with different games and is no problem with pedals,shofter or wheel.

Did you delete the graphicsconfigdx11.xml files as suggested? Then redo your graphic settings in game,,restart pCars.
Found here:
C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Project CARS
:)

Ralph B
15-05-2016, 16:25
I like the new drivername labels. Maybe a bit overdone and I wished, they would dissapear when the car is out of sight (partly they are still visible when the car itself is hidden behind a hill or trackside objects). But hey, at least they make sense now - and that's the most important point.
For those, who feel distracted - you can assign a button to enable and disable them while driving. I only switch them on, when I see the necessarity to recognize a conspicuous or otherwise interesting driver.

Scott Coffey
15-05-2016, 18:55
I seem to be having more crashes (graphics freeze, sound continues, pcars not responding according to task manager) with this patch, but I've also updated my graphics driver so don't know if that's related.

TrevorAustin
15-05-2016, 19:45
Absolutely incredible. Jumped into a 15 lap afternoon race at Monza in Formula A. Forgetting last race was at 25* time acceleration and rain halfway:)

Driving Monza at dusk with Sun and rain, with the raindrops actually hitting my visor and very realistic. Fantastic experience!

Only thing I don't like is the gaze select. But sure that cn be turned off, and VR settings don't save plus Sim commander issue. But both easy too get round. But great update.

SwiftyOne
15-05-2016, 21:43

I hope a fixable bug, I wouldn't like doing that with all VR Steam games :)

-carbo-
16-05-2016, 07:15
I like the new drivername labels. Maybe a bit overdone and I wished, they would dissapear when the car is out of sight (partly they are still visible when the car itself is hidden behind a hill or trackside objects). But hey, at least they make sense now - and that's the most important point.
For those, who feel distracted - you can assign a button to enable and disable them while driving. I only switch them on, when I see the necessarity to recognize a conspicuous or otherwise interesting driver.

Is this a bug or a "feature"? It's pretty off putting.

Patrick Kulinski
16-05-2016, 07:53
I had an RSR race yesterday, and in fact I found those long-range labels appearing through hills and trees pretty nice for knowing where the opposition is. The only imminent issue with the labels is that you can see your own label in VR mode, when you use the external cam. Instead, those labels should have a fixed size so that you can read them when the driver in question is far away from where you are.

jedrzej101
16-05-2016, 10:01
Did you delete the graphicsconfigdx11.xml files as suggested? Then redo your graphic settings in game,,restart pCars.
Found here:
C:\Users\YOU\Documents\Project CARS

Thanks for reply but it doesn't work.

NoBrakes
16-05-2016, 10:09
OK, i've seen a thread about black screens and answer there that I haven't had those for a long time. I finally got 5 minutes to get back to sim racing after a month or so and here they are.

Steps:

I've cleared the Docs/pcars folder (I left only the profile). Entered the game, selected the RUF GT3 selected the sofs, adjusted a couple of FFB as well and saved the setup on nords combined.

Mid lap I got a call, pressed ESC, exit yes and the game froze. Had to press the reset button on the case...

Tried again and I got the girl telling me I needed to select my driver profile (choose pro - I didn't remember this already... ) Lost some settings I've made like lens flare, lost setups on the ruf at least now I have red triangles on all tracks when I should have just a couple of setups on this car checked 5m or so before.

So I re did my wheel and pedals calibration, ruf setup (again softs and ffb only) went for a lap.. barely did the beginning of Nords part, freeze... but this time I got an unhandled exception error.

Logs of this crash (not from the freeze) and the screen with the error.

/edit
The integrity cache check just finished. No issues...

You're not alone ... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21981-Unhandled-Exception-Trapped-Unable-to-Play&p=1278462&viewfull=1#post1278462 ... I am just running a complete fresh install of pCARS - let's see what happens. But a CPU powered at 100% on al its 4 cores as soon as a game launches seems not bo be very good for the hardware and I won't spend a thousand bucks and more on new hardware just because of pCARS got better VR support and a Combined Nords ... :rolleyes:

TrevorAustin
16-05-2016, 13:29
I haven't seen any CPU use issues, however I have to agree that since this update I have had maybe 6 crashes in 2 hours play. Prior to this patch I can't remember my last crash.

PostBox981
16-05-2016, 14:46
I had an RSR race yesterday, and in fact I found those long-range labels appearing through hills and trees pretty nice for knowing where the opposition is. The only imminent issue with the labels is that you can see your own label in VR mode, when you use the external cam. Instead, those labels should have a fixed size so that you can read them when the driver in question is far away from where you are.

I can also see the labels through tarmac and most if not all other objects. I don´t think it´s feature. If I want to know where the others are, I can also take a look at the map. Those labels shining through all objects are quite irritating in my personal opinion.

I am on triple screen setup (see below), not on VR.

TrevorAustin
16-05-2016, 15:40
I can also see the labels through tarmac and most if not all other objects. I don´t think it´s feature. If I want to know where the others are, I can also take a look at the map. Those labels shining through all objects are quite irritating in my personal opinion.

I am on triple screen setup (see below), not on VR.

Can't you just turn them off? I don't have any labels in VR or 2D.

PostBox981
16-05-2016, 15:55
Can't you just turn them off? I don't have any labels in VR or 2D.

Of course I can, but in MP races I want to have them on, I just don´t want to see them in places I normally can´t view.

Patrick Kulinski
16-05-2016, 15:59
snip

...and I have the HUD completely disabled, so this kind of information is interesting to me. I have to agree though that this might be more of a bug than a feature, despite I like to make use of it.

EDIT: we have a fella in the Steam comments saying he's experiencing stutter with the Vive using a 980Ti, which I think is unusual considering how powerful it is. Did anybody else experience this frequently?

Giovtec
16-05-2016, 16:28
Hope we get an ASAP fix for labels, i do believe the issue wasn't size but more about color visibility, so why it couldn't be a different color name and number tag?

My hones request is a Quick fix, i do have my 32" screen but i am most of the times on the run (moving from city or country too often) and my workstation is my everyday tool (see spec description) so, i wont be able to bring my 32" screen everywhere, as a result i would really like to see a quick fix.

As you can see in my screen shot this is what it is for me to play in my 15.6" screen and to be honest is just way too much. hard to enjoy racing labels and cars, distraction everywhere and no, i wont turn it off nor assign a button it was just well the size it was, only color, not sure if the reason for not changing color is because you might break the whole game, but instead of having this big label then sadly go back as before.

Not meant to start a war but more like a sincere constructive criticism from a 99% owner of your content. :)

MrTulip
16-05-2016, 16:53
I haven't seen any CPU use issues, however I have to agree that since this update I have had maybe 6 crashes in 2 hours play. Prior to this patch I can't remember my last crash.

No crashes for me after approx. 7 hours of gameplay. I haven't updated nVidia drivers to the latest yet, in case that it matters.

Scott Coffey
16-05-2016, 18:06
and to be honest is just way too much. hard to enjoy racing labels and cars, distraction everywhere and no, i wont turn it off nor assign a button it was just well the size it was, only color...

The previous size was unreadable unless you were right on top of someone, so this change was welcome and addresses the problem quite nicely. I rarely need to see the labels so I toggle them on when I want to see them. My guess is that there are more people happy with this change than unhappy.

I don't understand the refusal of people to assign a button to toggle them on/off, but then I also don't understand why anyone would want them always on...

Patrick Kulinski
16-05-2016, 19:32
EDIT: we have a fella in the Steam comments saying he's experiencing stutter with the Vive using a 980Ti, which I think is unusual considering how powerful it is. Did anybody else experience this frequently?

Our friend had his graphics settings maxed out, this is why he got the stutter. Lowering the "grass detail" setting to medium did the job for him.

NoBrakes
16-05-2016, 19:48
No crashes for me after approx. 7 hours of gameplay. I haven't updated nVidia drivers to the latest yet, in case that it matters.

After doing a complete fresh install of pCARS seems to have fixed the crashing problem (fingers crossed) - didn't test for hours, but could do a quick race over 3 Laps on Combined Nords against 19 AI and had no crashes so far.

What remains are the stutters - not over the whole track but in certain sectors like the "Flugplatz" area on the Combined Nords. And my CPU stays almost at 100% on all 4 cores as soon as the Bandai Namco shows up in the loading screen. If I rember right, before Patch 11 it was at high 90% ~95% during gameplay, but what really makes me wonder is why it's so high even in the games menu: what's going on there that produces that high CPU loads?

Patrick Kulinski
16-05-2016, 20:50
...but what really makes me wonder is why it's so high even in the games menu: what's going on there that produces that high CPU loads?

Remember the car choice screen, with the cars being shown in 3D? IIRC, this scene is running in the background.

TrevorAustin
16-05-2016, 21:27

No I haven't either, it's been on car setup or choosing every time, never in game. In fact only on the vintage Aston Martin:) but not really messed about enough to know if that's coincidence. Twice more tonight. No new Nvidia drivers for about 6 weeks.

CPU rarely going above 45% except core 1 which hit 70%+ but mainly around high 50s

TrevorAustin
16-05-2016, 21:31
Are you running in 2D with no Vsync? Probably getting up to 700FPS in the menus. That will kill CPU and GPU.

maxx2504
16-05-2016, 23:13
Hi !

I cannot read the names....please make the labels bigger !....

NOT ! Make them smaller please^^

TrevorAustin
17-05-2016, 09:26
Of course I can, but in MP races I want to have them on, I just don´t want to see them in places I normally can´t view.

Fair enough but seems a bit of a non issue, they are now readable which they weren't and nobody can claim viewing them through trees ruins realism as so does cars with labels over them :)

Stocky
17-05-2016, 17:54
I think the labels are fine, considering you can turn them off and on if you want.

They could be a touch smaller, but it's still an improvement over what it was.

But the part that's a bug, is in external view, where it blocks a big part of your screen with your own name. I don't need to see my own label. They need to turn that part off, or fix it.

PostBox981
17-05-2016, 19:38
Fair enough but seems a bit of a non issue, they are now readable which they weren't and nobody can claim viewing them through trees ruins realism as so does cars with labels over them :)

You are right, a label above a race car has nothing to do with realism. :) The readability of the new labels is far better than the old ones, as far as I am concerned (on screen, no VR, driver´s view), I am not complaining about them. I just wanted to let dev´s know that something strange is going on with the new labels, as those little yellow bits creeping along the dashboard are somewhat irritating. All the old label versions didn´t have this effect, so I guess this is not a feature. Yes, I can get along with it, though I would prefer to have this fixed one day. Anyway, readability is the most important point, I agree, and those yellow spots are one of the minor probs. :cool:

Cuba
18-05-2016, 02:45
This is a fantastic update and really brings pcars and vr to a new level even with my dk2 (still waiting for cv1) If you guy are really using Trackir still I think you should get with the times and get your selves a vr hmd as its incredible!

Still not seeing outstanding reviews of the Oculus resolution and frame rate. when its running smooth at 4K, I'll "get with the times". And yes, a lot us "really" use TrackIR and enjoy it.

VFX Pro
18-05-2016, 05:05
does anyone knows if Pcars will support the next GEFORCE GTX 1080 with the true 3D cameras for people who run 3 monitors?? It would fix the current extreme distortion we experience...

BigDad
18-05-2016, 13:00
Hi !

I cannot read the names....please make the labels bigger !....

NOT ! Make them smaller please^^

Not sure if it has been mentioned before but is there a reason for the silhouette picture in the yellow square ? as that takes alot of real estate and serves not real point imo , just takes up room and looks ugly .

Mezzanine
18-05-2016, 13:22
I do like the bigger size of the labels, at least one is able to read them now - that has been requested since one year by many people so this is an improovement.

But pls do something about the too exessive scaling when they are near you, pls make sure they don't shine through the track and objects and pls remove the avatar, it's of no use and takes so much screenspace.
In my opinion it would have been enough to have a little shadowline arround the white letters for better contrast.

SwiftyOne
18-05-2016, 20:43
does anyone knows if Pcars will support the next GEFORCE GTX 1080 with the true 3D cameras for people who run 3 monitors?? It would fix the current extreme distortion we experience...

From what I'm reading, it's looking like this will be something you can setup in the Nvidia drivers (just like you can turn on/off Sli in the drivers...So it's looking to me as, since it's driver based ALL games will be shown correctly when using 3 screen setup :)

madmax2069
20-05-2016, 07:19
Not sure if it has been mentioned before but is there a reason for the silhouette picture in the yellow square ? as that takes alot of real estate and serves not real point imo , just takes up room and looks ugly .

I do believe if someone doesn't have a profile picture set it defaults to this one. But I could be wrong.

But it is pretty massive, it could be quite a bit smaller.

BigDad
20-05-2016, 08:13
I do believe if someone doesn't have a profile picture set it defaults to this one. But I could be wrong.

But it is pretty massive, it could be quite a bit smaller.
Nah , people i race with have profile pics and this yellow pic shows next to their name . ??

stephenb
20-05-2016, 23:16
Wooooweeeeee! Took delivery of my Rift yesterday, have just got it properly setup now and taken my first laps. Formula Rookie at Brands Indy. This is a game changer :D

I could wax lyrical all night night about:
the unbelievable sense of presence
how you can finally, truly appreciate the exquisite modelling of the car interiors
the real world scale, the gradients of a track that up to now had looked hitherto flat
the way my stomach got a little queasy when I spun at paddock hill bend and started rolling backwards down the track :eek: (hence a little break to type this)
the flawless menu integration (OK I would like my view point to be further back from the screen so there was a little less neck twisting going on)
the silky smooth head tracking

Sure there are plenty of things to be improved from a hardware standpoint and they are obvious as soon as you put the headset on but once you start driving they melt away for the most part. To think this is just the start. I can't wait to see what improvements the second, third, fourth generation headsets will bring.

Long story short outstanding work SMS :yes:

stephenb
22-05-2016, 21:34
Holy crap there is so much to be discovered in VR. Every time I think I've found something really cool something else comes along to top it. I was checking out Le Mans at night, in the rain, M3 GT2 when flicking through the camera views I realised in the external chase cam I could move it around the car! Freaking awesome :D Especially when the M3 is flame throwing.

henki
23-05-2016, 09:35
Track IR is not working anymore :(

Sankyo
23-05-2016, 10:42
Track IR is not working anymore :(

Start the game in Oculus or Vive mode.

artao
26-05-2016, 14:42
Start the game in Oculus or Vive mode.

Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut to do this? Or add some commands to the launch options?
that'd be great :)

MrTulip
26-05-2016, 16:59
Is there a way to make a desktop shortcut to do this? Or add some commands to the launch options?
that'd be great :)

I crawled through the executable for strings that start with '-' and unfortunately could not find any hints of launch parameters that could do that.

Sampo
26-05-2016, 17:15
You could try making a shortcut to \steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe and adding "-launchurl steam://launch/234630/VR/1" in the shortcut properties (without quotes). I don't know if it will work, but that's the command line that steam uses when I start the game in Vive mode.

Edit: That seems to add -novr into the command line by default. Maybe try making a new shortcut on the desktop and insert "steam://launch/234630/VR/1" when you are asked about location?

MrTulip
27-05-2016, 16:18
You could try making a shortcut to \steamapps\common\pCars\pCARS64.exe and adding "-launchurl steam://launch/234630/VR/1" in the shortcut properties (without quotes). I don't know if it will work, but that's the command line that steam uses when I start the game in Vive mode.

Edit: That seems to add -novr into the command line by default. Maybe try making a new shortcut on the desktop and insert "steam://launch/234630/VR/1" when you are asked about location?

And we have a winner! For my Oculus DK2 "steam://launch/234630/VR/2" worked fine. Thanks! :)

vin_KaiZen
29-05-2016, 01:33
I´ve got a particular problem after i updated from patch 9 to 11.0.
I use trackir and start my game via oculus vr in 1980x1080@59hz vsync.
If i switch the setting ingame or via configdx11 to fullscreen mode the game is running but without a picture
The game is starting normally and after the first intro in fullscreen the picture goes away... to another "screen"?
(but i can hear se menu and intro sound)
If i switch back to windowed, everything is fine.

And yes i deleted the xml files before
Any solutions? Doesn´t found anything about that the last 3 hours :(
Many thanks in advance,
vin_KaiZen

mcarver2000
30-05-2016, 17:01
I have had to resort to launching the HTC Vive VR in steam to get TrackIR to work.

I´ve got a particular problem after i updated from patch 9 to 11.0.
I use trackir and start my game via oculus vr in 1980x1080@59hz vsync.
vin_KaiZen

vin_KaiZen
30-05-2016, 23:08
I have had to resort to launching the HTC Vive VR in steam to get TrackIR to work.

Did you read my post completly? I do not have problems with TrackIR, but with the fullscreen-mode after launching the game.
After the first Intro the screen is going transparent and i hear the sound (music & cars)...
It´s equal if i run normal, in Oculus VR or HTC Vive VR mode.. always the same.

A.t.m. i play in windowed mode but i hate this upper bar ... it irritates and reduces the effective screen size...

robertogecco
01-06-2016, 05:02
You're not alone ... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?21981-Unhandled-Exception-Trapped-Unable-to-Play&p=1278462&viewfull=1#post1278462 ... I am just running a complete fresh install of pCARS - let's see what happens. But a CPU powered at 100% on al its 4 cores as soon as a game launches seems not bo be very good for the hardware and I won't spend a thousand bucks and more on new hardware just because of pCARS got better VR support and a Combined Nords ... :rolleyes:

Hello NoBrakes,

did you already find the reason for the high cpu-load, because i´ve exactly the same problem and i´ve no idea, what i can do against it. Tried almost everything, newest driver, older driver, -fpscap options, Win7x64, Win10x64, ...

I´ve no more idea what else i can do.

NoBrakes
03-06-2016, 15:21
Hello NoBrakes,

did you already find the reason for the high cpu-load, because i´ve exactly the same problem and i´ve no idea, what i can do against it. Tried almost everything, newest driver, older driver, -fpscap options, Win7x64, Win10x64, ...

I´ve no more idea what else i can do.
No, not at all. I am running it on that high load but experience a lot more programme crashes since then. I was told somewhere in the problems thread that it's normal... well, I am no longer doing much racing in pCARS at all and no online racing with it anymore but have instead switched to other titles (R3E is a blast, AC gives a lot of fun and AMS is very promising ...) - so I don't care about it any longer ...

beetes_juice
03-06-2016, 15:30
NoBrakes, just an FYI but robertogecco may have found the cause in his other thread here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47464-100-CPU-load-on-all-cores/page3&highlight=high+cpu+load

May have to wait for an update, something to do with the Fanatec changes they made in patch 11.

NoBrakes
03-06-2016, 17:47
NoBrakes, just an FYI but robertogecco may have found the cause in his other thread here: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47464-100-CPU-load-on-all-cores/page3&highlight=high+cpu+load

May have to wait for an update, something to do with the Fanatec changes they made in patch 11.

Thanks for this info ... then there is not much we could do but wait if SMS would be so kind to look into this if there is some problem introduced by this fix and if they could fix it at all, because I won't sell my CSW just because pCARS has some new handling issues with this equipment :rolleyes:

CPB
05-06-2016, 19:35
I've followed these instructions, "Due to the extent of the Virtual Reality updates, we strongly recommend that you delete the configuration files that store the various settings. These are found in "\Users\<username>\Documents\Project CARS" and are the files with XML extension."

However, this latest patch seems to be causing a lot of performance issues for me. I'm on a 980ti and driver version 368.22 using the Oculus Rift. This is the steam version of the game. Prior to patch 11, the game would run flawlessly for me on the rift.

chili pepper
09-06-2016, 02:13
I don't know about anyone else, but since this patch installed I can no longer access and adjust my car setup before a race in solo mode...it just goes straight to the grid after qualifying. I'm quite sure it wasn't this way before...

Bealdor
09-06-2016, 04:50
It was always this way in quick race mode.
Add a short warm up session to your event as a workaround.

jedrzej101
13-06-2016, 11:54
I fouded,when I disconected my fanatec h shifter and pedals game works nice and smooth. After reconect is terreble again. I trayed reinstal drivers and is nothing better. I trayed other games no problem. Only project cars after update. I dowloaded alsow crack version of project cars an..... works perfect with shifter and pedals. Im sure now the last update have some bug,wich give me a problem to use trustmaster t500 and fanatec pedals and shifter. Any idea's guys. I payed for the game and cant enjoying,and not legal copy works fine becauseI is old version before update. Wtf?

cluck
13-06-2016, 11:55
^^^ this is a known problem and the devs are investigating. It only seems to affect some people with some Fanatec equipment.

jedrzej101
13-06-2016, 12:04
oh I didnt know it. thanks for the info

cluck
13-06-2016, 12:08
I should add, however, that all the reports I've read so far have been of problems with Fanatec wheels. I hadn't heard of problems with pedals and/or shifters. I'm using Fanatec pedals myself and not noticed any detrimental change after the last patch, but I haven't checked CPU usage to see if there is a problem.

jedrzej101
13-06-2016, 13:16
when I will find few min. time I will upload a video and show the difference with and without fanatec equip. I got new 1080gtx so it should be nice and smooth play with 1080p,wich is only when I use a stering wheel. After conect pedals or shifter feels like gtx880 lol

granproject
17-06-2016, 05:46
Hi all,

The next Project CARS patch is now live on Steam. This one brings a host of Virtual Reality improvements, and features full HTC Vive support. We support SteamVR's room customization option when using the HTC Vive, so whenever you're in the game menus, you'll see the SteamVR room in the background. This allows you to customize the look of the 3D space surrounding the menus via the SteamVR Workshop. We're looking forward to seeing all the creative Project CARS themed custom backgrounds that our fans come up with. :)

We've also implemented the often-requested VR mouse support, Gaze control support, and the ability to seamlessly swap between them and use them along with Custom Controller and Gamepads.

Project CARS - PC Patch 11.0

Virtual Reality
* HTC Vive support
* Gaze control implemented, providing hands-free interaction with the User Interface
* Mouse pointer control in HMD view implemented
* Photo mode is now fully functional
* Depth of Field effects now work correctly
* The game will now retain controller focus when the player removes the HMD
* Improved rendering system for Crepuscular rays and Sun flares
* Improved rendering of dirt and rain drops on Helmet visor
* Improved the default seat position
* Improved the default HUD position
* Improved default camera settings to prevent the car tilting independently from the player at steep inclines
* Fixed a refresh issue on the UI when returning from a race to the main menu

Other
* Nürburgring Combined
- Fixed an issue where a pit stop operation would fail to initiate correctly, leaving the car stuck in the pits
- Fixed the starting lights not working
- Fixed an issue with the pit-in trigger potentially initiating when the player is on the main straight
* Improved system for Opponent Labels
* Added support for the Thrustmaster TMX ForceFeedback wheel
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where at times it would cause dropped frames at the start of a race
* Fixed an issue with Fanatec wheels where LEDs and pedal rumble motors failed to work after a disconnect/reconnect

any idea when this will be released to consoles along with silverstone classic glitch.....thanks

Alan Dallas
13-07-2016, 15:38
any idea when this will be released to consoles along with silverstone classic glitch.....thanks

Which item on the PC patch notes listed under *Other* are you refering too exactly? Pretty sure you're not asking about the VR stuff.

Mahjik
13-07-2016, 17:27
Which item on the PC patch notes listed under *Other* are you refering too exactly? Pretty sure you're not asking about the VR stuff.

Most are waiting for the Nürburgring Combined fixes.

granproject,

As for Silverstone Classic, it was posted in another thread that SMS still isn't sure what causes that issue. They have compared it to similar tracks which don't have it and it's not known why it exists. If it's found, it will be fixed, but the cause is not known at this time.

granproject
13-07-2016, 18:05
Most are waiting for the Nürburgring Combined fixes.

granproject,

As for Silverstone Classic, it was posted in another thread that SMS still isn't sure what causes that issue. They have compared it to similar tracks which don't have it and it's not known why it exists. If it's found, it will be fixed, but the cause is not known at this time.

perfect thank you...I really just care for Nürburgring Combined..once that is fixed i can buy the DLC and have fun, my hot girlfriend likes the game and is even getting her hot instagram addict friends to put down their cell phones to play this game...i hope they bring this update soon :-) and i wish polygamy was acceptable in more states...sister wives!

MJay
02-10-2016, 15:13
after the update i have an issue: vsync = on = stuttering. vsync = off = tearing ..on my tv. GTX1070 , 16 GB RAM. AMD fx8350

Mahjik
02-10-2016, 15:48
after the update i have an issue: vsync = on = stuttering. vsync = off = tearing ..on my tv. GTX1070 , 16 GB RAM. AMD fx8350

What are you using for a controller?

senna94f1
16-11-2016, 19:17
On my ps4 console last it updated patch 10.00 ,this patch was already on my ps4 months ago, but it downloaded anyway as I couldn't race online untill the update above had finished ,I have all the dlc packs early part of this year and I already had that patch ,so can you explain why last last this patch started to update again,it said it was over 7gb ,any answers please.

Sankyo
17-11-2016, 09:55
On my ps4 console last it updated patch 10.00 ,this patch was already on my ps4 months ago, but it downloaded anyway as I couldn't race online untill the update above had finished ,I have all the dlc packs early part of this year and I already had that patch ,so can you explain why last last this patch started to update again,it said it was over 7gb ,any answers please.
Perhaps because of a general PS4 update? Nothing was done from SMS or Bandia Namco side that would have triggered this, so it's something to do with Sony I'd say.

Konan
17-11-2016, 09:59
Perhaps because of a general PS4 update? Nothing was done from SMS or Bandia Namco side that would have triggered this, so it's something to do with Sony I'd say.

There was an update recently...so you could be right about that...(i think it was last week)

Rogue787
15-02-2017, 04:38
guys where can i find the best settings for htc vive with a i7-7700 and gtx1080 ?
Should I only mess with PCARS settings or vive settings as well?

I thought I just cracked the FFB nut and now VR comes along haha

hkraft300
15-02-2017, 06:47
guys where can i find the best settings for htc vive with a i7-7700 and gtx1080 ?
Should I only mess with PCARS settings or vive settings as well?

I thought I just cracked the FFB nut and now VR comes along haha

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47083-HTC-Vive-Discussion