PDA

View Full Version : Best track to stesstest computer fps (including weather and time of day)

Pigmachine
12-05-2016, 16:45
..including type of cars for full AI-grid.
I haven't had the time to play a lot, even thou I bought it pre-release, so I know that the best answer would be 'try it yourself'
But there are lots of people with 1000's of hours, so I toss out the question to the 'know it better then me at least' crowd.
(As I still haven't played half the tracks, and not even a 3'rd of the cars (I have all DLC's))

cluck
12-05-2016, 16:47
IIRC, Azure Coast or Azure Circuit in the rain with high numbers of AI are just about the most stressful tests you can run :)

OddTimer
12-05-2016, 16:48
I normally use Lemans 24hrs at 8pm, about this time of the year with 30 AI, me starting last...This is for dry racing...rain will push your stress test to another level!

Dakpilot
12-05-2016, 16:57
Helmet cam with close field of view is also more demanding than any other option, I usually find that some of the open cockpit cars can be more demanding as well

Cheers Dakpilot

Pigmachine
12-05-2016, 17:07
Thanks all! Now I have something to spend tomorrow on!
Not using helmetcam, only cockpitcam, so I just mainly want to see where my normal limit is, as I have the GPU running wild at the menus (in the 1000+ at times!?), and when alone on Brands Hatch GP never below 99, and with full grid down at 40'ish. (no V-sync on)
It's my CPU that is my main bottleneck An AMD FX-8350 :( (That I'm stuck with for at least another year, as I have to rebuild my rig totally)

Pigmachine
14-05-2016, 18:08

If Azure Coast in a thunderstorm with full AI-grid (road C1) is a good stress test, I'm quite satisfied with the temps and fps with my current settings.
(not with my driving thou, as I never tried it before, and hardly saw anything during 50% of the test)

Tastakrad
15-05-2016, 07:06
Try to set the Envoirment Map to low. I didnt see any difference, but the fps boost was big for me while driving in the rain. Probably the best stresstest is Lemans with 55 cars, night time and in the rain.

Pigmachine
15-05-2016, 18:52
I normally use Lemans 24hrs at 8pm, about this time of the year with 30 AI, me starting last...This is for dry racing...rain will push your stress test to another level!

Try to set the Envoirment Map to low. I didnt see any difference, but the fps boost was big for me while driving in the rain. Probably the best stresstest is Lemans with 55 cars, night time and in the rain.

Thanks for the Lemans 55 AI-car recommendation, it were even harder on the computer, not on an unplayable level, but almost to where I have to check GFX settings again.
Not played Lemans in.. years, so it were as unfamiliar to me as Azure Coast.. did 3+ runs, in a row, on both to see that temps were Ok at least, avg. FPS were.. well a little lower on Lemans.