PDA

View Full Version : ford V8 supercars - gear

oppolo
12-05-2016, 21:02
hello
I saw some videos on youtube about this car, and drivers use the clutch for changing gear, but in our Project Cars we can change gear without the clutch because there is autoblip and autocutoff...why?

Schnizz58
12-05-2016, 21:12
If you want to use the clutch, you can but the option exists for those who don't have a clutch pedal.

oppolo
12-05-2016, 21:33
imo it's not a good reason for sacrifice realism, and Formula gulf is modelled properly

Schnizz58
12-05-2016, 21:34
How has realism been sacrificed?

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-05-2016, 21:39
How has realism been sacrificed?I think he's saying that the clutch should be necessary in the V8 Supercars. It used to be (well, as much as the clutch is ever necessary, there are almost always ways around using it), but I'm personally not sure if it still is with the newer cars.

Schnizz58
12-05-2016, 21:43
Yeah I get that but are you not able to use the clutch at all with that car? (I haven't driven it yet.)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
12-05-2016, 21:53
You can use the clutch, but you don't need to, which I think is his issue. I'm assuming he wants the clutch to be required for the car, a fully manual sequential transmission, like in a motorbike.

Schnizz58
12-05-2016, 21:55
Then if he wants to use it he can use it. I don't see the problem.

Silraed
12-05-2016, 22:19
Then if he wants to use it he can use it. I don't see the problem.

The problem, if it can be called that, is that the realistic simulation would be to require the clutch and manual blip for down shifts as the default, with the option to enable auto clutch and not have to worry about it. Instead it is the other way around. The game handles it all for you but you can do it yourself if you wish (I do, it feels wrong not to as a fan of the series).

So no there isn't really a problem here except if you want to get technical or if you are a fan of the series. Personally I would have preferred the clutch be required but I can see why it maybe wasn't because the cars in real life from my understanding can down shift without the clutch, it just isn't advised under heavy breaking. Manual blip should be required though, the real cars don't have an auto blip and the drivers actually having control of it is part of the character of the series.

oppolo
13-05-2016, 07:29
The problem, if it can be called that, is that the realistic simulation would be to require the clutch and manual blip for down shifts as the default, with the option to enable auto clutch and not have to worry about it. Instead it is the other way around. The game handles it all for you but you can do it yourself if you wish (I do, it feels wrong not to as a fan of the series).

So no there isn't really a problem here except if you want to get technical or if you are a fan of the series. Personally I would have preferred the clutch be required but I can see why it maybe wasn't because the cars in real life from my understanding can down shift without the clutch, it just isn't advised under heavy breaking. Manual blip should be required though, the real cars don't have an auto blip and the drivers actually having control of it is part of the character of the series.
exactly, and in the real cars, as I already said, real drivers use the clutch so they are forced to use the clutch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6cmISP0qdY . I can't understand why developers has choose this, because in Formula gulf the gear is modelled properly...so why in F. Gulf yes, but in Supercars V8 not?
The problem is the same as they would have done this for an H shifter car, some people don't notice the problem, but I do

Pfalzdriver
13-05-2016, 11:01
The answer was already given with the second post. A lot of ppl dont even own a clutch pedal, like users of the TM300 or the DFGT. So how should they clutch? Other ppl like myself use the left food for braking, and personally I only use the clutch pedal at the start.

Same goes for the H-Shifter. I dont even own one.

It is always a bad idea to force ppl into something. :)

Case related, you could also ask why ppl are allowed to use non existing assist at the leaderboard? Just take a look at the Falcon at Bathurst. I'm currently at afair #27, and only (again afair) seven ppl before me used real assists.

graveltrap
13-05-2016, 11:14
I think the perceived problem here is that when autoclutch is switched off, the game still does the work for you. Expected behaviour is for the driver to have to use the clutch and make a throttle blip for downshifts much like the Ginetta Junior.

Its not about forcing the player to do anything, just how the car should be working (I have no idea personally) and pointing out similar behaviour has already been implemented in other vehicles...

Stance works BMW 1M also works like this, but requires a lift when shifting up the box as well

oppolo
13-05-2016, 16:20
I think the perceived problem here is that when autoclutch is switched off, the game still does the work for you. Expected behaviour is for the driver to have to use the clutch and make a throttle blip for downshifts much like the Ginetta Junior.

Its not about forcing the player to do anything, just how the car should be working (I have no idea personally) and pointing out similar behaviour has already been implemented in other vehicles...

Stance works BMW 1M also works like this, but requires a lift when shifting up the box as well

Ohh yes! now we are in the right line.
I don't care what others people do with the 3rd pedal or if they use paddles for driving an H shifter car or autoclutch, and vice versa they don't care I want simulate as much as I can.
In this case Developers have the possibities to simulate properly the gear of the V8 supercars as I saw in youtube what real drivers do, so, is there maybe another series where these cars have autocutoff and autoblip?
In the case of M1 Stanceworks, has the real car this behaviour? for me it's strange that a car with paddles need to lift the throttle for changing gear

graveltrap
13-05-2016, 17:33
The Stanceworks 1M is a fantasy creation, it's gearbox got a little mixed up and it looks like it wasn't actually supposed to be a paddle shift, so what we see may be a left over, from something like a H pattern dog box where lifting off is done to reduce load on the gearbox and make it easier to get out of the current gear (clutchless up shift).

The Ginetta features a similar mechanism, but you can make a shift with some throttle still applied.

The third pedal adds another layer of depth to the gameplay, so cool when you find this stuff out :)

oppolo
13-05-2016, 22:17
yes Ginetta junior has the gear should have the V8, we can change gear without clutch but it's clear there is no autocutoff and autoblip, so during downshift in turns it's better use the clutch and make blip. on the contrary Ginetta GT3 and GT4 have auto cutoff