PDA

View Full Version : Does the GOTY means the end of all future DLCs?

Papa Bear
12-05-2016, 22:34
If yes that would make me kind of sad. The game needs more cars still........

Any possibility of PCars 2 to include superbikes? That would be awesome.

Raven403
12-05-2016, 22:35
It doesnt NEED more cars.....You and myself included would LIKE more cars but who knows.

And no it wont......

Papa Bear
12-05-2016, 23:31
It doesnt NEED more cars.....You and myself included would LIKE more cars but who knows.

And no it wont......

It needs more cars in my book.

As long as I don't see complete GT3 car lineup. Missing the 458 GT3, Lamborghini GT3. If those two are in game I'll be as happy as a clam.

Not asking for other Ferraris or Lamborghinis but at least those two for the GT3 series.

Without at least those two, you could add another 20 cars and it would still feel lacking.
If Assetto Corsa could manage to give us quite a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis, I can't see why ProjectCars couldn't. I take it, it simply wouldn't to up the sales of PCARS 2..........

YourManAdrian
13-05-2016, 03:00

As long as I don't see complete GT3 car lineup. Missing the 458 GT3, Lamborghini GT3. If those two are in game I'll be as happy as a clam.

Not asking for other Ferraris or Lamborghinis but at least those two for the GT3 series.

Without at least those two, you could add another 20 cars and it would still feel lacking.
If Assetto Corsa could manage to give us quite a few Ferraris and Lamborghinis, I can't see why ProjectCars couldn't. I take it, it simply wouldn't to up the sales of PCARS 2..........

I also would have loved for the Viper GT3 and Nissan GT3 cars to have been in the game.

Rambo_Commando
13-05-2016, 03:20
There is another thread about what cars people want to see in the game. Remember Pcars is not a "series" title so if you're expecting to see a complete GT3 lineup then good luck with that.

Blunt RS
13-05-2016, 03:26
Marjority of community events, online lobbys, current car list, car request thread its all heavly baised towards the GT class I don't see PC2 being any different sadly.
GT Class 35 cars from 15 manufacturers, Touring Class 11 cars from 4 manufacturers.

Konan
13-05-2016, 03:32
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-(Spoilers)&p=1276381&viewfull=1#post1276381

kevin kirk
13-05-2016, 06:01

And no it wont......

...Well there must have been some need in there somewhere for them to add free cars, DLC, and not to mention the community made cars. Somebody felt the need for the game to have more cars, because the lack of cars was the reason the community cars are even in the game from the comments I have read.

Ian Bell
13-05-2016, 06:08
...Well there must have been some need in there somewhere for them to add free cars, DLC, and not to mention the community made cars. Somebody felt the need for the game to have more cars, because the lack of cars was the reason the community cars are even in the game from the comments I have read.

You have to accept that it was an impossibility for us to add Ferrari's and Porsche's to the game due to licensing exclusives. Beyond that and maybe Lamborghini, I'm happy with our selection.

kevin kirk
13-05-2016, 06:45
You have to accept that it was an impossibility for us to add Ferrari's and Porsche's to the game due to licensing exclusives. Beyond that and maybe Lamborghini, I'm happy with our selection. ..........Even after all the DLC, I still drive the community lmp cars. I would like to see some different ones in future games.

Mr Schumacher
13-05-2016, 06:53
You have to accept that it was an impossibility for us to add Ferrari's and Porsche's to the game due to licensing exclusives. Beyond that and maybe Lamborghini, I'm happy with our selection.

I think Pcars has a really good GT line up. However, for Pcars 2 will the challenge for Ferrari's and Porsche's licensing still be an issue? If so what about Lamborghini, Nissan GTR and the new Ford GT GTLM. Those would be AMAZING for the GT roster. Some GT monsters would also be nice. The Aston martin DBR9, Corvette C6 and the Maserati would be really fun to put into their own class.

Papa Bear
13-05-2016, 07:33

Ruf has taken care of Porsche somewhat. I didn't know Ferrari being exclusive license. That's a pity then. Lamborghinis would be awesome. Too bad there won't be Ferraris...(F40, 599XX, 458 GT3) in PCARS. I have Assetto Corsa too but somehow I feel PCARS is more fun to play with with day/night transition and weather.

How about Nissan GTR GT3?

Cheesenium
13-05-2016, 07:35

To be honest, I'll take Ferrari any day over Lamborghini because Ferrari has a much wider range of cars for pcars. We could get a P4 that goes with the Ford GT MK4 , a Group 5 512BB, a 488 GT3, a F40 to a FXX K which is a much wider range of vehicles that Lamborghini can provide.

I understand that might be a licensing issue so I guess I'll be fine if pcars 2 gets Lamborghini. Perhaps some other brands like Jaguar, TVR, Saleen, Volvo, Lexus and SCG that might be easier to license?

bmanic
13-05-2016, 07:54
Would be awesome to get some whacky TVRs in the game! I've always had weird fascination for those cars. It's not something I'd ever put real money on but to have it in a racing sim would be awesome!

Cheesenium
13-05-2016, 08:07
Would be awesome to get some whacky TVRs in the game! I've always had weird fascination for those cars. It's not something I'd ever put real money on but to have it in a racing sim would be awesome!

This TVR does look pretty good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/images/2015/12/31/TVR-large_trans++p_Pjc8uW_XQXDWljcqrLvBidS4EfjbuvwDfs-v7_WoM.jpg

Designed by Gordon Murray who designed Mclaren F1.

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
13-05-2016, 08:42
Always had a soft spot for TVRs, and it would be interesting to have a car in game that was just honestly bad to drive (like some old TVRs were). Another would be the Alfa-Romeo 8C, aptly described by Ben as "a wheelbarrow". =)

This TVR does look pretty good.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/images/2015/12/31/TVR-large_trans++p_Pjc8uW_XQXDWljcqrLvBidS4EfjbuvwDfs-v7_WoM.jpg

Designed by Gordon Murray who designed Mclaren F1.Not bad, looks more like a Jaguar to me though than what I'd expect from TVR.

FS7
13-05-2016, 14:22
Personally I'm more interested in more race classes than specific manufacturers. Sure, makes like Ferrari & Porsche being added to the game would be nice but I'd be more interested in having more classes such as Japanese Super GT, Brazilian StockCar, Indy Lights, etc.

LogRoad
13-05-2016, 15:40
Long as we're blowing smoke, I still want the TVR Tuscan Challenge. Kind of anti-Ferrari, eh?

BigFred
13-05-2016, 15:46
I don't understand the concept of "exclusive" as used here because ferrari are in Turn 10 games (forza) and Asseto Corsa and Porsche are in EA games and Turn 10 games.

So "exclusive" in this case must mean something different from its normal meaning.

satco1066
13-05-2016, 16:31
I don't understand the concept of "exclusive" as used here because ferrari are in Turn 10 games (forza) and Asseto Corsa and Porsche are in EA games and Turn 10 games.

So "exclusive" in this case must mean something different from its normal meaning.

Excusive also means really exclusive prices.
In Forza you'll have to pay nearly the same for Porsche DLC as for the other 450 cars Season Pass.
There was a loud cry from users that thought Porsche DLC is inside Car Pass.

You must have really high potential share holders to pre finance such things.

If the next pCars name would be " Red Bull Project Cars ", than there would be no financing problem. :highly_amused:

Swinnyjr
13-05-2016, 16:37
To be honest, I'll take Ferrari any day over Lamborghini because Ferrari has a much wider range of cars for pcars. We could get a P4 that goes with the Ford GT MK4 , a Group 5 512BB, a 488 GT3, a F40 to a FXX K which is a much wider range of vehicles that Lamborghini can provide.

I understand that might be a licensing issue so I guess I'll be fine if pcars 2 gets Lamborghini. Perhaps some other brands like Jaguar, TVR, Saleen, Volvo, Lexus and SCG that might be easier to license?

Some off those in theory wouldn't be too hard.
Volvo (I think) is still owned by Ford and we already have ford. Same deal with Lexus and Toyota.
It still baffles me how Pcars got Makers who are a part of VWAG but somehow did get any actual VWs themselves.

As for the GT thing, it really tires me how the only thing people care about is GT3. Yes they're fun, but there a whole world of racing out there beyond GT3. I think GT3 should be the last class to be updated with new cars, as we have so many already. Its all the random one makes that would be much more fun if they had other cars to race against....

Boskapongen
13-05-2016, 16:52
More Group A and Group 5 cars would be nice. GT3 has enough IMO.

Silversn95
13-05-2016, 20:00
I'm OK with the cars that are available in the game but I really would have liked to have seen more tracks both to start and DLC.

Rambo_Commando
13-05-2016, 21:00

And no, that's not me. 😄

RomKnight
13-05-2016, 21:08
If the next pCars name would be " Red Bull Project Cars ", than there would be no financing problem. :highly_amused:

We wouldn't be able to cope with so many changes per season... updates cost money too :D :D

FS7
13-05-2016, 21:20

And no, that's not me. ��
I prefer the "Ferraris" in this post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-(Spoilers)&p=1260021#post1260021

Swinnyjr
13-05-2016, 23:15
I prefer the "Ferraris" in this post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38467-Upcoming-DLC-Tease-from-SMS-and-Speculation-(Spoilers)&p=1260021#post1260021

They missed the classic Lotus F1 "Ferraris"....

Kostman22
14-05-2016, 02:14

if i remember correctly it was hard for them to get a few licencing deals because the game was not funded by billion dollar companies. PCARS 2 will be everything you want plus some.

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 03:46
if i remember correctly it was hard for them to get a few licencing deals because the game was not funded by billion dollar companies. PCARS 2 will be everything you want plus some.

Come on, Assetto Corsa is a small game studio, much smaller than SMS. You don't need billions to license Ferrari. Kunos proved you that.

T0MMY
14-05-2016, 03:52
Come on, Assetto Corsa is a small game studio, much smaller than SMS. You don't need billions to license Ferrari. Kunos proved you that.

But they did work with Ferrari before they made Assetto Corsa, maybe that might help them.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 03:52

Microsoft hold a console exclusive for Ferrari's which Kunos, having shipped Ferrari games in the past, being used in Ferrari's museum and is Italian, clearly had access there that we didn't have.

Things are changing though and we're eagerly talking to Ferrari now.

Also, don't confuse size with the amount of funding available. We made pCARS on a VERY tight budget.

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 04:25
Microsoft hold a console exclusive for Ferrari's which Kunos, having shipped Ferrari games in the past, being used in Ferrari's museum and is Italian, clearly had access there that we didn't have.

Things are changing though and we're eagerly talking to Ferrari now.

Also, don't confuse size with the amount of funding available. We made pCARS on a VERY tight budget.

Thank you for the explanation. is it possible, should Ferrari grant the license, to include at least a few Ferraris into Project Cars instead of having to wait until Project Cars 2.

I reckon there is still at least more than a year before Project Cars 2 is near completion. Project Cars is too much of a fun racing game to be missing Ferraris. My biggest Ferrari wishes include: F40, FXX, 599XX, and a contemporary GT3 Ferrari. If these plus a GT3 Lamborghini be made available, Project Cars is perfect in my book. I'm not much of a fan of Lamborghini but a contemporary GT3 Lamborghini to be paired with the Ferrari GT3 would be awesome. Other Lamborghinis I don't care much about.

Some of those cars are already in Assetto Corsa but still, I would love driving them in PCars too. Of course, we will play for the DLCs.

By the time PCARS 2 is near completion newer Ferraris than these should be in it (and other classic ones such as the GTB).

The Nissan GTR GT3 is also too important not to be in game. I think we can skip the road car version.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 04:26
Thank you for the explanation. is it possible to then, should Ferrari grant the license, to include at least a few Ferraris into Project Cars instead of having to wait until Project Cars 2.

I reckon there is still at least more than a year before Project Cars 2 is near completion. Project Cars is too much of a fun racing game to be missing Ferraris. My biggest Ferrari wishes include: F40, FXX, 599XX, and a contemporary GT3 Ferrari. If these plus a GT3 Lamborghini be made available Project Cars is perfect in my book.

Some of those cars are already in Assetto Corsa but still, I would love driving them in PCars too. Of course, we will play for the DLCs.

By the time PCARS 2 is near completion newer Ferraris than these should be in it.

Nope, sorry.

Well, I can't speak for mod work but not officially from us.

Rambo_Commando
14-05-2016, 04:39
Tbh I think most modern day Ferrari race cars are bland. I would like this bad boy if I had to pick a Ferrari. Don't know if it's real tough. 233049

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 05:02
Nope, sorry.

Well, I can't speak for mod work but not officially from us.

At least the reason?!

Heh without those cars Project Cars is a 'half' or at best, 'three quarter' of a cars game.....

LogRoad
14-05-2016, 05:08
Not all of us feel that way. Ferrari is near the bottom of my car wish list. Porsche is a lot closer to the top.

P.S. As far as that goes there are already enough cars in the game for pCARS to qualify as complete, and then some.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 05:11
At least the reason?!

Heh without those cars Project Cars is a 'half' or at best, 'three quarter' of a cars game.....

You're sounding a little demanding. Let's interact nicely. I gave you the reason, we couldn't license it.

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 05:17
You're sounding a little demanding. Let's interact nicely. I gave you the reason, we couldn't license it.

That's your subjectively skewed perception. You have the right to make whatever perception though.

But you mentioned talk is in the process. Hmm, a bit weird. I'm off the thread.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 05:25
That's your subjectively skewed perception. You have the right to make whatever perception though.

But you mentioned talk is in the process. Hmm, a bit weird. I'm off the thread.

I disagree, it's objectively based on you replying to my response telling me we have a half a game or three quarters at best. That's a little insulting.

It's further objectively based on you responding to my answer with 'At least the reason?!' I'd just given you the reason and the 'exclamation question-mark' combo is universally recognised as being a demanding request.

Talk is in progress for pCARS2, I see nothing weird about it.

Let me elaborate. If you went up to Brian Johnson in the late 80s telling him that ACDC was half a band without Bon Scott, he'd probably feel a tad miffed (although you'd probably be more accurate there). :)

E_Luckow
14-05-2016, 05:25
Don't like to play the fanboy here...but I'm very happy with the cars and track we have.

It was said before, the initial budged wasn't big, and even so, many very attractive brands are in game. We have "material" to enjoy for years.

I would kill to have Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo in game, of course... But, this is a matter for Pcars 2.

But ATM, right now, if Ian could offer an additional brand to the game, just one, I would pick the Nissan GT3.... just dreaming.

Anyway, I'm happy, really. :cool:

Cheesenium
14-05-2016, 06:12
I would love to have Porsche, Ferrari or Lamborghini but if it is not possible for SMS to obtain the license, there isn't much I can do.

In the mean time, I really do not mind see SMS getting racing series such as TCR touring cars, Aussie Race Cars midget, or more classic race cars. If not, just go for brands that other developers less likely to get, such as Jaguar(I would like to see the Emil Frey XJR GT3), TVR, Lister, and other brands. It is fine that SMS could not get Ferrari or Porsche in my opinion as long as we got other cool cars that other games doesn't have.

There is a world of motorsports out there, SMS could bring in race classes or brands that are rarely seen in other games.

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 06:17
I disagree, it's objectively based on you replying to my response telling me we have a half a game or three quarters at best. That's a little insulting.

It's further objectively based on you responding to my answer with 'At least the reason?!' I'd just given you the reason and the 'exclamation question-mark' combo is universally recognised as being a demanding request.

Let me elaborate. If you went up to Brian Johnson in the late 80s telling him that ACDC was half a band without Bon Scott, he'd probably feel a tad miffed (although you'd probably be more accurate there). :)

Well, feel free to think whatever you like or be insulted. You have every right to make your own conclusions. Including ones that are wrong. Most people live by the world of their mind anyway. No one can be insulted unless they think there's a grain of truth in the statement. Otherwise, people would just shrug it off. One must allow oneself to be offended to be insulted.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 06:40
Well, feel free to think whatever you like or be insulted. You have every right to make your own conclusions. Including ones that are wrong. Most people live by the world of their mind anyway. No one can be insulted unless they think there's a grain of truth in the statement. Otherwise, people would just shrug it off. One must allow oneself to be offended to be insulted.

That's what I get for answering your questions and interacting. It's the reason why very few of the devs do so. They are fed up with confrontation followed by personality, and behavioural lessons from some.

I have taken two PhDs and 8 years of study before that in pure Psychological research. Maybe you can see how your post here regarding my interaction with you in psychological terms, is a little patronising.

If we put the psuedo philosophy aside for a second, you told the owner of the company that made the game that it was half of a game and you demanded answers that I'd already patiently given you. I would choose to interact differently to a Head of Studio giving me his time. I wouldn't explain to him how he is wrong for being insulted, can only be insulted because it must be the truth and is only insulted because he allows himself to be offended.

I'll be very clear now. Stop it or you'll be removed.

Olijke Poffer
14-05-2016, 07:12
Of course there is always a "I want more cars" but for now I'm more than happy about the current line up.
I have a great time witn pcars and looking foreward to Pcars2. Why is the world so much looking at things we do not have instead of looking at things we do have. It makes your life so much more joyfully.

Konan
14-05-2016, 07:12
Don't like to play the fanboy here...but I'm very happy with the cars and track we have.

It was said before, the initial budged wasn't big, and even so, many very attractive brands are in game. We have "material" to enjoy for years.

I would kill to have Porsche, Ferrari and Lambo in game, of course... But, this is a matter for Pcars 2.

But ATM, right now, if Ian could offer an additional brand to the game, just one, I would pick the Nissan GT3.... just dreaming.

Anyway, I'm happy, really. :cool:

Well said...and not fanboy at all imho...just stating the truth and a few wishes...:cool:

Konan
14-05-2016, 07:13
Of course there is always a "I want more cars" but for now I'm more than happy about the current line up.
I have a great time witn pcars and looking foreward to Pcars2. Why is the world so much looking at things we do not have instead of looking at things we do have. It makes your life so much more joyfully.

Common practice these days i'm affraid...:(

Olijke Poffer
14-05-2016, 07:15
Common practice these days i'm affraid...:(
Indeed. That is a pitty.

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 07:51
That's what I get for answering your questions and interacting. It's the reason why very few of the devs do so. They are fed up with confrontation followed by personality, and behavioural lessons from some.

I have taken two PhDs and 8 years of study before that in pure Psychological research. Maybe you can see how your post here regarding my interaction with you in psychological terms, is a little patronising.

If we put the psuedo philosophy aside for a second, you told the owner of the company that made the game that it was half of a game and you demanded answers that I'd already patiently given you. I would choose to interact differently to a Head of Studio giving me his time. I wouldn't explain to him how he is wrong for being insulted, can only be insulted because it must be the truth and is only insulted because he allows himself to be offended.

I'll be very clear now. Stop it or you'll be removed.

Just remove me. I see no value in being a forum member here. REMOVE me. Your game is half of a game without Ferrari [in my opinion] If you don't like that. Deal with it. I said my mind. Now, remove me. Or how do I delete registration myself? Psychology my ass. 2 PhDs and none the smarter. Now, I'm patronizing you. Grow up.

Konan
14-05-2016, 08:02
Just remove me. I see no value in being a forum member here. REMOVE me. Your game is half of a game without Ferrari [in my opinion] If you don't like that. Deal with it. I said my mind. Now, remove me. Or how do I delete registration myself? Psychology my ass. 2 PhDs and none the smarter. Now, I'm patronizing you. Grow up.

Sorry but if your crying over Ferrari not being in the game with all due respect...I think YOU need to grow up...
And no...I'm not going in discussion...this is the first and last post on the subject I'm submitting because i DID grow up...

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 08:06

I'm so glad I spent time here interacting with you at the weekend instead of being out with my family. I'm not sure why you're being so terribly rude but I'm not your whipping boy and enough is enough.

The sad part is that you're destroying the interaction for others. None of the devs want to come here to have to experience this sort of thing and I have no right to force them to do so in the face of such patent animosity and ingratitude.

thedarkjack
14-05-2016, 08:14
Ian while you're here, any word on nissan/nismo in pcars2?

Papa Bear
14-05-2016, 08:15
I'm so glad I spent time here interacting with you at the weekend instead of being out with my family. I'm not sure why you're being so terribly rude but I'm not your whipping boy and enough is enough.

The sad part is that you're destroying the interaction for others. None of the devs want to come here to have to experience this sort of thing and I have no right to force them to do so in the face of such patent animosity and ingratitude.

Entitled much aren't you. Interesting. Tell me more.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 08:15
Ian while you're here, any word on nissan/nismo in pcars2?

As always on these things I can't give specifics but I can say that our licensing lead has been over there with them in Japan of late...

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 08:16
Entitled much aren't you. Interesting. Tell me more.

I can only assume at this point that you're not OK. Best of luck, we're removing you now.

thedarkjack
14-05-2016, 08:17
As always on these things I can't give specifics but I can say that our licensing lead has been over there with them in Japan of late...

sounds awesome! thanks for the answer!

now only if we could get more japanese tracks *cough* tsukuba *cough*

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 08:18

There will be some good news coming on that front :)

Cheesenium
14-05-2016, 09:05

Fuji Speedway or Okayoma would be nice. If pcars 2 is going full on drifting, I would love to see Ebisu.

Any chance for Lexus or Honda appearing in pcars 2?

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 09:12
Fuji Speedway or Okayoma would be nice. If pcars 2 is going full on drifting, I would love to see Ebisu.

Any chance for Lexus or Honda appearing in pcars 2?

You might be pleasantly surprised...

Cheesenium
14-05-2016, 09:23

I really think I will, Ian. There were some brands in Pcars 1 that I wasn't too keen of that eventually became some of my favourite cars in the game. SMS knows how to pick great cars from a manufacturer and make them fun to drive.

Anyway, have a pleasant Saturday!

konnos
14-05-2016, 09:49
After spending some time with Assetto Corsa at my friend's place, I have to say, Ferrarri is quite over-rated as a driving experience, at least the road cars. The only one i enjoyed and saw some character was 599XX and the FX, which is just the pure power that is overwhelming. I remember my days at GTR and how that howling Ferrari noise made me want to drive it, but in AC it's a little disappointing to say the least. I just didn't feel the thrill of driving a Ferrari. The GT3 was a lot better but the road car was underwhelming. The Lambo was just ok, nothing special.

In the back of my head I always had that thought that PCars would be so much better with Ferrari and Lambo, but after playing with those cars in AC and having driven so many cars in PCars, I couldn't give a damn about Ferrari anymore. I think it's a typical "the grass is greener on the other side". But it's really not. If we do end up with those makers (and others) in PCars 2 I will be pleased of course, but it won't make the game better, I think people put so much emphasis on those 2 manufacturers. So unless it's for vanity purposes to drool at the design, I don't feel the "urge" to drive them anymore. Unless you guys NAIL the sound (not like that muffled reverberated crap in AC...) and then I will be forced to spend more time with them ;)

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 09:52
After spending some time with Assetto Corsa at my friend's place, I have to say, Ferrarri is quite over-rated as a driving experience, at least the road cars. The only one i enjoyed and saw some character was 599XX and the FX, which is just the pure power that is overwhelming. I remember my days at GTR and how that howling Ferrari noise made me want to drive it, but in AC it's a little disappointing to say the least. I just didn't feel the thrill of driving a Ferrari. The GT3 was a lot better but the road car was underwhelming. The Lambo was just ok, nothing special.

In the back of my head I always had that thought that PCars would be so much better with Ferrari and Lambo, but after playing with those cars in AC and having driven so many cars in PCars, I couldn't give a damn about Ferrari anymore. I think it's a typical "the grass is greener on the other side". But it's really not. If we do end up with those makers (and others) in PCars 2 I will be pleased of course, but it won't make the game better, I think people put so much emphasis on those 2 manufacturers. So unless it's for vanity purposes to drool at the design, I don't feel the "urge" to drive them anymore. Unless you guys NAIL the sound (not like that muffled reverberated crap in AC...) and then I will be forced to spend more time with them ;)

I have to say I'm a bit biased when it comes to Ferrari. I'm on my 8th now, from the 360, manual then flappy paddle, 430s, 599's and now my ultimate and never to be replaced 458. I don't care but this is the best normally aspirated car on earth and I'm not a turbo fan, so the 458 Spider is staying.

For reasons beyond personal vanity, we really want Ferrari to be a part of what we're doing.

OddTimer
14-05-2016, 09:57
Hey Ian...I don't post much, but I am always lurking around...just to say thanks for interacting with the community. It is great to read about the ins and outs for the development of a game like Project Cars...and your comments on what the future holds for PCars2 get me really excited. I cannot wait! Cheers.

Alex Hobbs
14-05-2016, 10:11

Ian the drifting community would die of shock if a full racing game actually got some of the ebisu family (or imagine if we got all of ebisu *drools) have mercy! :P

Invincible
14-05-2016, 10:24
Ian, thank you for spending your Saturday morning here. And please, don't let these d*ckheads like papa bear keep you off here. I really really enjoy reading your posts.

Although, the question I want answered most hasn't been answered yet... so I'll just try again: will we see anything else in terms of future content for pcars 1? :D

havocc
14-05-2016, 10:34

The main problem with LaFerrari is that super understeer and the imbossibility to reduce that by any means except reducing front tyres pressures

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 10:42
Ian, thank you for spending your Saturday morning here. And please, don't let these d*ckheads like papa bear keep you off here. I really really enjoy reading your posts.

Although, the question I want answered most hasn't been answered yet... so I'll just try again: will we see anything else in terms of future content for pcars 1? :D

Possibly :) But we are moving on on content. What we will still do is look at bugs and potentially move any game changing work from pCARS2 in there. Nothing guaranteed though. We really did support pCARS at a frequency beyond that which we should never have subscribed to. A major update every month?? Devs, never try this. You get no iteration, tweaking or QA time for bug fixes.

rosko
14-05-2016, 10:50
I really like the Ferraris & lambos in AC but at the end of the day its just another choice of car to drive, a different feel look sound & behaviour to experience to learn. In pcars 1 there are lots of amazing cars that if you drove on a track irl would be an amazing experience. I don't get how people don't have enough in pcars, there are cars & tracks i haven't driven in months & i play pcars most days, i could carry on learning car & track combinations for years with what we have already. If pcars is possibly going to add Ferrari, maybe others like Lotus(not just classics), Lamborghini, Jaguar, & even maybe Porsche it would obviously be exciting but i can certainly wait & if they don't appear then im sure there will be other great cars to drive.

BigDad
14-05-2016, 12:25

Metallica without Jason Newsted and Cliff Burton ,now that's half a band .

seb02
14-05-2016, 12:47
Hello Ian,

it's nice to see you on forum. Is it possible to have one oval (even fictionnal) for nascar and indycar and more touring cars (ford wtcc, chevrolet cruze Wtcc) to match with bmw 320 TC for project cars 1?
Thanks

Cheesenium
14-05-2016, 12:55
Ian the drifting community would die of shock if a full racing game actually got some of the ebisu family (or imagine if we got all of ebisu *drools) have mercy! :P

I am still hoping to see Honda, Nissan, Lexus and Mazda in Pcars 2

amazed
14-05-2016, 13:23
Let me elaborate. If you went up to Axl Rose in the late 2010s telling him that ACDC was half a band without Brian Johnson, he'd probably feel a tad miffed (although you'd probably be more accurate there). :)

FTFY.... 😉

amazed
14-05-2016, 13:27
There will be some good news coming on that front :)

A Free pack of Cough Lozenges with every PC2 purchase? 😂

Roger Prynne
14-05-2016, 14:03
I can only assume at this point that you're not OK. Best of luck, we're removing you now.

You do seem to bring them out of the woodwork don't you :confusion:

satco1066
14-05-2016, 14:45
Modders are really hard working to fulfill your wishes ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxEFBtrOH-I

John Hargreaves
14-05-2016, 15:45
Ian, thank you for spending your Saturday morning here. And please, don't let these d*ckheads like papa bear keep you off here.

He's just upset 'cos somebody ate his porridge.

ermo
14-05-2016, 15:48
Possibly :) But we are moving on on content. What we will still do is look at bugs and potentially move any game changing work from pCARS2 in there. Nothing guaranteed though. We really did support pCARS at a frequency beyond that which we should never have subscribed to. A major update every month?? Devs, never try this. You get no iteration, tweaking or QA time for bug fixes.

First of all, it was nice to see you letting Ged work on making it easier for mod consumers to enable mods.

Second, was the major-update-every-month a contractual stipulation or 'just' an internal decision? I'm guessing that was the former because otherwise you'd likely have revised your schedule once it became clear that it left you with "no iteration, tweaking or QA time for bug fixes"?

Third, would you be open to letting Ged work some more on the modding side of pCARS and possibly use this experience to bake in segregated/sandbox modding support from the get-go in pCARS 2? The way I see it, modding is currently MUCH too time-consuming and difficult to version control properly because we don't have very much information to go on for creating isometric conversion tools for the MADNESS engine data files we care about, and the result is that we mostly just hex-edit our way through hacked up donor data files which is incredibly tedious and error prone.

Anyway, thanks for spending some time here and thanks for delivering on your promises re. post-release support. :)

Shadowoff
14-05-2016, 16:45
Can I also try my luck and ask you something Ian? :rolleyes:

Will all cars which are in pCars 1 also be in pCars 2 Otherwise I would really miss my Z4 GT3... ;)

Konan
14-05-2016, 16:48
Can I also try my luck and ask you something Ian? :rolleyes:

Will all cars which are in pCars 1 also be in pCars 2 Otherwise I would really miss my Z4 GT3... ;)

I think i can answer that one...if i'm not mistaken i read that not all but a lot of them will be in the sequel...

Shadowoff
14-05-2016, 17:17
I think i can answer that one...if i'm not mistaken i read that not all but a lot of them will be in the sequel...

Thanks

FS7
14-05-2016, 17:36
But ATM, right now, if Ian could offer an additional brand to the game, just one, I would pick the Nissan GT3...
If I could pick one make to add to the game I'd pick Lotus. Lotus cars is one of the reasons I'm interested in playing AC.

I loved Autopolis in Shift 2, that would be my first pick for Japanese track.

RomKnight
14-05-2016, 18:04
wrt to brands in games... I'm a Porsche and Lamborghini fan before anything else (don't ask me to choose just one :D )

But, as I've mentioned before a few times an different places, I'd rather have more tracks. Unfortunately one track takes a huge a amount of time (man hours) to make. Imagine the amount pCARS has. Me and many others can confirm this, still (hopefully we'll keep going for pC3 :D )

Anyway, some hints here and there, although maybe not my "thing", if there's still content to come to pC1 i'll take it.

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 19:11
First of all, it was nice to see you letting Ged work on making it easier for mod consumers to enable mods.

Second, was the major-update-every-month a contractual stipulation or 'just' an internal decision? I'm guessing that was the former because otherwise you'd likely have revised your schedule once it became clear that it left you with "no iteration, tweaking or QA time for bug fixes"?

Third, would you be open to letting Ged work some more on the modding side of pCARS and possibly use this experience to bake in segregated/sandbox modding support from the get-go in pCARS 2? The way I see it, modding is currently MUCH too time-consuming and difficult to version control properly because we don't have very much information to go on for creating isometric conversion tools for the MADNESS engine data files we care about, and the result is that we mostly just hex-edit our way through hacked up donor data files which is incredibly tedious and error prone.

Anyway, thanks for spending some time here and thanks for delivering on your promises re. post-release support. :)

It was internal yes.

On modding, we're always going to be of the mindset that we don't officially support it but we don't block it. The main reason for this harks back to ISI and us using their engine almost completely in the old days to get us going. It felt wrong to push the same angles.

Alex Hobbs
14-05-2016, 19:29
It was internal yes.

On modding, we're always going to be of the mindset that we don't officially support it but we don't block it. The main reason for this harks back to ISI and us using their engine almost completely in the old days to get us going. It felt wrong to push the same angles.

Not to be rude but could we have a little more of Ged's time at some point in future? The modding support has a few issues currently that are stopping us getting anything proper done :)

Ian Bell
14-05-2016, 19:38
Not to be rude but could we have a little more of Ged's time at some point in future? The modding support has a few issues currently that are stopping us getting anything proper done :)

Believe me Ged is working non stop on many things. What are the issues? I'll see the team get informed.

Alex Hobbs
14-05-2016, 20:21
Believe me Ged is working non stop on many things. What are the issues? I'll see the team get informed.

Sounds good, I know he's bound to be really busy with other things :)
Here are the current issues that come to mind. I haven't been writing them down though so there could be more that I've forgotten:

Game fails to load custom tiremod.rg, so unable to create or use custom tires.
Game fails to load .hdtbin, so unable to load custom cars unless we strike lucky. Haven't figured out what's the deciding factor here on whether it works or not.
Game fails to load physics files if filenames are different to name of VDFM (even if VDFM states the correct filenames), and we haven't yet got the full knowledge of the hex byte allocation/counting structure so sometimes it's not possible to 'fix' it.

Those are the ones holding us back, I'm sure you can see why. Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

LamboMantisMan23
14-05-2016, 20:26

Alex has some issues which I am sure he will outline. But apart from his issues, we can't find anything else wrong. However, there is so much you guys could give us to help us. We aren't expecting a step by step guide on how add cars, because we know a vast amount. BUT there are very very tedious things such as hex editing every single MEB file with new UV layers and so on that adds about 3 hours to my modding sessions every evening. Multiply this up and it takes around a week to constantly hex edit all the different 3d files and so on. I am sure this is not the way you do it and I am sure your team has some simple tools that does this automatically. Same goes for creating VHF files. There are also files we still don't understand such as the BGUI files for custom LCD displays, some physics values and animation values and tire 3d file with their bone structure and so on. We appreciate the new modding support but has slightly backfired in that it makes it easier for the public to apply mods, but makes it harder for us modders to actually create the mods. You could see 10x the number of awesome mods if SMS gave us some simple tools or a little bit more info on certain aspects. This would greatly increase the quality of unofficial content coming to the game and make the game look overall better.

Sorry for the wall of text but it's something that prevents a lot more stuff coming for the community and multiplies the time it takes by stupid amounts. This by no means, means that I am ungrateful for everything so far, as it's already 110% of what we want, so thanks for that Ian, Ged and the rest of the team! :D

BiffyClyro88
14-05-2016, 22:30

And no it wont......

P.cars clearly needs more cars it has a good selection of cars but still not enough we miss many cars from Btcc,Wtcc,Italian euro v8,Btcs,Stcc, Aussie V8, Dtm and a bunch from GT3. In future i could move to forza m.6 that is a joke in comparison to P.cars sadly only due of cars!
Now a message to everyone: This game must focus on racing cars sorry but who cares about road cars? Ok give us them but just a bunch! Go check online matches the cars people use to race are Openwheels, Prototype, Lmp1, Touring cars and GT3/4 because they are the most funny and challenging disciplines!
When i first saw p.cars list i wanted to cry jeez i didn't even saw the final car list before the release of the game because i blindly trusted SMS!
Let's hope once for all P.cars 2 won't disappoint us about cars now what i fear is the new rally feature ok is cool rally cross, touge, hillclimb all awesome stuff but let's just hope that this thing won't make them forget about the heart of a racing game and that means GT and Touring cars!

Neil Hopwood
14-05-2016, 23:01
P.cars clearly needs more cars it has a good selection of cars but still not enough we miss many cars from Btcc,Wtcc,Italian euro v8,Btcs,Stcc, Aussie V8, Dtm and a bunch from GT3. In future i could move to forza m.6 that is a joke in comparison to P.cars sadly only due of cars!
Now a message to everyone: This game must focus on racing cars sorry but who cares about road cars? Ok give us them but just a bunch! Go check online matches the cars people use to race are Openwheels, Prototype, Lmp1, Touring cars and GT3/4 because they are the most funny and challenging disciplines!
When i first saw p.cars list i wanted to cry jeez i didn't even saw the final car list before the release of the game because i blindly trusted SMS!
Let's hope once for all P.cars 2 won't disappoint us about cars now what i fear is the new rally feature ok is cool rally cross, touge, hillclimb all awesome stuff but let's just hope that this thing won't make them forget about the heart of a racing game and that means GT and Touring cars!

If everything the someone said "NEEDS" to be in game or were a "MUST HAVE" pCARS would have needed another 10 years of development.

BiffyClyro88
14-05-2016, 23:24
At least would be awesome if possible to get Acura TLX GT3 and Nissan Gtr GT3 to complete the Gt3 class!
Is it possible to add the renault sport rs in the GT3 class to run it in the GT3 pack just like an option?
I would like to get Pc mods on consoles too but i think microsoft and sony won't allow it right?

The Last thing that i want to say it's crazy and maybe people will kill me for this but in the case SMS could need more money or a financial help could'nt they ask some help let's say asking a partnership with Codemasters for example maybe interesting for their experience and resources ( i know they make arcade games)! So a thing like this a partnership among software house could be possible? or it's just pure madness? just out of curiosity!

kevin kirk
14-05-2016, 23:44
I guess I throw my 2 cents in with please find a way to allow gt and lmp cars in the same race in single player quick race. You can keep the new cars and new tracks if that meant I can pick GT and LMP cars and race the single player quick race mode.

Cheesenium
15-05-2016, 00:50
At least would be awesome if possible to get Acura TLX GT3 and Nissan Gtr GT3 to complete the Gt3 class!
Is it possible to add the renault sport rs in the GT3 class to run it in the GT3 pack just like an option?
I would like to get Pc mods on consoles too but i think microsoft and sony won't allow it right?

The Last thing that i want to say it's crazy and maybe people will kill me for this but in the case SMS could need more money or a financial help could'nt they ask some help let's say asking a partnership with Codemasters for example maybe interesting for their experience and resources ( i know they make arcade games)! So a thing like this a partnership among software house could be possible? or it's just pure madness? just out of curiosity!

Why would anyone wants to lose their full control to their franchise by partnering with someone else? pcars is SMS's franchise so why they need another company to work on their game.

Having all the cars you want does not automatically make the game great.

Konan
15-05-2016, 06:00

Again...it's called Project CARS...not Project GT or Project ToCa...
There are lots of people who like those other disciplines...and i for myself like the fact there are so many different ones...

Plato99
15-05-2016, 15:35

If you'd have gone up to him in the late 80s and told him he'd be replaced by Axl Rose he'd probably have still been laughing by the time they recorded The Razors Edge album!

crowtrobot
15-05-2016, 16:32
Hi Ian,

In the interest of the Custom Grid Tool, I'd like to be able to load customized .crd files for the default cars. The .rcf files that control the liveries for the default cars load, which is how the Custom Livery Tool works, but the Custom Grid tool requires that the cars' classes be re-organized as well. The old modding implementation still works, so it's not terribly urgent, but it would be more convenient for me maintaining the mod, and users using it, if it used the same system as Custom Livery Tool.

Also OT:

I've made a modded 1M that is detuned to 128i-spec so I can practice with my car on Watkins before going back to the track for more track days. It's really incredible how life-life it feels, you guys have made an incredible sandbox to play in here.

kevin kirk
15-05-2016, 18:44
This game has managed to be fun for alot of people, that like alot of different racing, and are into alot of different kinds of cars. Thats a pretty hard thing to do without being the forza and the EA games of the world. Knowing that it manage to pull that off with Pcars 1, I would say its going in the right direction for what the community as a whole needs this game to be.

Konan
15-05-2016, 18:48
This game has managed to be fun for alot of people, that like alot of different racing, and are into alot of different kinds of cars. Thats a pretty hard thing to do without being the forza and the EA games of the world. Knowing that it manage to pull that off with Pcars 1, I would say its going in the right direction for what the community as a whole needs this game to be.

Couldn't have said it better myself...well...i could but that's close enough...lol

ermo
15-05-2016, 19:42
It was internal yes.

OK, thanks for highlighting that fact.

If you ever happen to 'accidentally' let some (simple, non-secret sauce) API specs on the more tedious parts of modding leak out, I'm sure you'll find that a certain few people will become *very* happy. :)

DUMBUNNY360
02-06-2016, 12:30
"Devs never try this" is not a true statement. Turn 10 and other large companies have been releasing new content every month for years. Apparently SMS does not have the resources to meet their goals. I fear they will not be able to deliver on their planned goals in Pcars2 either. Only time will tell.

Bealdor
02-06-2016, 12:35
"Devs never try this" is not a true statement...

It wasn't meant as a statement but as a lighthearted warning for other developers to not do this.

cluck
02-06-2016, 12:42
It wasn't meant as a statement but as a lighthearted warning for other developers to not do this.Indeed. There's a world of difference between :-

Devs, never try this

and

Devs never try this

There might only be a comma difference, but it completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

Konan
02-06-2016, 12:51
Indeed. There's a world of difference between :-

Devs, never try this

and

Devs never try this

There might only be a comma difference, but it completely changes the meaning of the sentence.

Yep...very important to "dot your i's" so to speak...ehm write
Easy to read something other then was meant...same with the "emoticons"...forget one and the message can come across completely different...

Fight-Test
02-06-2016, 12:54
"Devs never try this" is not a true statement. Turn 10 and other large companies have been releasing new content every month for years. Apparently SMS does not have the resources to meet their goals. I fear they will not be able to deliver on their planned goals in Pcars2 either. Only time will tell.

I don't remember forza 4 or gt 5 having patches every month. They had dlc but I don't think patches and support.

RoccoTTS
02-06-2016, 13:04
I don't remember forza 4 or gt 5 having patches every month. They had dlc but I don't think patches and support.

And the season pass in Forza is only for 6 months + a few more dlc packs after that, but absolutely not more than 1 year support.

Sankyo
02-06-2016, 13:11
Indeed. There's a world of difference between :-

Devs, never try this

and

Devs never try this

https://cybertext.wordpress.com/2012/11/22/a-light-hearted-look-at-how-punctuation-can-change-meaning/

Jescott71
02-06-2016, 13:30
Also offtopic, same can be said for capital letters. There's a huge difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse". Hence why I always try to use correct punctuation online :P

Sloskimo
02-06-2016, 14:04
Reckon the second one is what really happened :)

Konan
02-06-2016, 14:07
Reckon the second one is what really happened :)

Ooh...nasty! :rolleyes:
(And messy i suspect)

Sloskimo
02-06-2016, 14:37
Ooh...nasty! :rolleyes:
(And messy i suspect)

Well, I wasn't there, so I would not know but imagine so. Bit of a late reply because when I came inside my niece, she was using the computer.

Konan
02-06-2016, 15:03
Well, I wasn't there, so I would not know but imagine so. Bit of a late reply because when I came inside my niece, she was using the computer.

I think you put, the comma wrong there...:confused:
"When i came inside my niece,she was using the computer"
Or when i came inside,my niece she was using the computer"
Big difference (one of them can send you to jail...:cool: )

Sloskimo
02-06-2016, 15:10
I think you put, the comma wrong there...:confused:
"When i came inside my niece,she was using the computer"
Or when i came inside,my niece she was using the computer"
Big difference (one of them can send you to jail...:cool: )

I agree, putting commas in the wrong place deserves a jail sentence.

thomZ
02-06-2016, 15:12
I purchased the GOTY edition 2 days ago to replace my regular copy of PCARS on PS4.

I was disappointed to discover that the saves are not compatible between PCARS and PCARS GOTY which means I lost everything : career progress, stats, settings, etc.

Is there a chance to know if the team will find a way to fix that soon or if they don't care at all ?

Kroegtijgertje
02-06-2016, 15:16
Also offtopic, same can be said for capital letters. There's a huge difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse". Hence why I always try to use correct punctuation online :P

So you helped your uncle Jack jack off a horse.

You should wash your hands.

cluck
02-06-2016, 15:37
Guys, please stop with the 'Jack' comments, thanks. This is supposed to be a family-friendly forum after all :).

RoccoTTS
02-06-2016, 15:43
Guys, please stop with the 'Jack' comments, thanks. This is supposed to be a family-friendly forum after all :).

But your uncle and your niece are family ;)

edit : and now back on topic :cool:

Sloskimo
02-06-2016, 15:56

Leave it up to a chicken to spoil the party, waving his Union J... Chick around.

cluck
02-06-2016, 16:03
If I hadn't said anything, one of the real mods would :).

Sloskimo
02-06-2016, 16:08

Just because you have a beak and feathers does not mean you're not real. #ChickenPower. I shall leave this thread alone now :)

Konan
02-06-2016, 16:15

I was just about to...was having diner but beware...I"m back...:cool:

Siberian Tiger
02-06-2016, 16:48
I purchased the GOTY edition 2 days ago to replace my regular copy of PCARS on PS4.

I was disappointed to discover that the saves are not compatible between PCARS and PCARS GOTY which means I lost everything : career progress, stats, settings, etc.

Is there a chance to know if the team will find a way to fix that soon or if they don't care at all ?

AFAIK the GOTY Edition has another Product ID or whatever is used at PS4.
I don't think there is a possibility to Import your Savegame im Afraid.

konnos
08-06-2016, 09:08
Is the 40% price off DLC still active with the release of GOTY version? They seem to be back to normal prices for me.

romullus
08-06-2016, 20:59
I have question about GOTY bundle too. Will 40% offer stay for a while or it's time limited offer? I'd like to purchase it, but only after i will upgrade graphic card.