PDA

View Full Version : Help! Bought in Oculus home but need to play in Vive.

importon
13-05-2016, 04:42
So I bought PCARS a while ago in Oculus Home. Then I sold my Oculus and bought a Vive. How can I play the PCARS now? Don't tell me I need to buy it again or use that ReVive hack. There must be a way for people like me who paid full price for the game to play in Vive the right way. Anyone know how to do this??? Thanks!

Invincible
13-05-2016, 06:07
So I bought PCARS a while ago in Oculus Home. Then I sold my Oculus and bought a Vive. How can I play the PCARS now? Don't tell me I need to buy it again or use that ReVive hack. There must be a way for people like me who paid full price for the game to play in Vive the right way. Anyone know how to do this??? Thanks!

You can only ask Oculus for a refund and then switch over to steam. I doubt it will work if you're running on Oculus Home with a HTC Vive.

importon
13-05-2016, 08:04
You can only ask Oculus for a refund and then switch over to steam. I doubt it will work if you're running on Oculus Home with a HTC Vive.

It's not a different game is it? I don't get it.

Morgan Henstridge
13-05-2016, 10:00
Unfortunately i believe the Oculus store is a bit of a closed ecosystem, so its a little like if you bought a game in the playstation store, then bought an Xbox, you need to buy it again unfortunately.

I do not think the Vive works in Oculus Home without Revive, but i have a Rift, not a Vive, so not 100% sure on that.

This is unfortunate but it is an Oculus decision, not a "Slightly Mad Studios" decision, so you would need to take it up with Oculus.

Invincible
13-05-2016, 11:18
Unfortunately i believe the Oculus store is a bit of a closed ecosystem, so its a little like if you bought a game in the playstation store, then bought an Xbox, you need to buy it again unfortunately.

I do not think the Vive works in Oculus Home without Revive, but i have a Rift, not a Vive, so not 100% sure on that.

This is unfortunate but it is an Oculus decision, not a "Slightly Mad Studios" decision, so you would need to take it up with Oculus.

Also I would recommend to get it on Steam anyway if you want to play in MP too, because over Steam you have more users. With Oculus Home the MP access is a bit limited because the userbase is much smaller than Steam's. And Steam users can't play with Oculus Home users and the other way 'round. But this is because of Oculus, not because of SMS/Pcars.

RomKnight
13-05-2016, 12:13
Is it me or yesterday after patch 11, every time I played it asked me what I wanted to use (OR, VIVE and the 1st option for normal monitors)?

The way I see it there's no issue (unless there's a bug) in exchanging the HW on the latest patch at least

Morgan Henstridge
13-05-2016, 13:11
Yeah, I get that on the Steam version, but not sure if that option is in the "Oculus Home" version, which the OP has.

Sankyo
13-05-2016, 14:00
Given the nature of Oculus Home, I'd think that the OH version is a hardware-exclusive and only supports the OR. I'll check with the devs, though.

RomKnight
13-05-2016, 14:10
Got it. I was not aware of that.

Sankyo
13-05-2016, 14:13
Given the nature of Oculus Home, I'd think that the OH version is a hardware-exclusive and only supports the OR. I'll check with the devs, though.
Confirmed by devs to be OR-only.