PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Ford Fusion Race Car Template

kb18fan
13-05-2016, 05:42
Hello all.....I have a couple of questions about this template and was wondering if anybody could help me out. While I am not new to sim painting, but I am new to painting in Project Cars. The problem I have is not knowing how to paint certain areas of the car or if I am even able to. The areas in question are the front lower grill and the rear window. I would like to be able to add a lower grill layer to the front, but no matter what I do, it always shows up as a black background. The template has a grill, but it doesn't show up in the game. Also, I would like to be able to add the indicators to the rear window where the wedge adjustments are made. I have added two pics of the areas in question. I have looked for a .dds file that I might be able to add layers to but found nothing. Can these areas be painted?

Darren O'Brien
13-05-2016, 06:37
I believe they are not paintable, unless you pull apart the model and add those in. I have seen 1 guy do it to another car,

These are Liveries I have done, and like you, the Grill and the Rear Roll Bar holes are not paintable.

kb18fan
13-05-2016, 06:50
Thanks for the quick response. I was afraid of that. I am still happy with the car either way. Great paints you have there by the way......