PDA

View Full Version : Sim Commander 4 and Oculus help

OzzyNeil
13-05-2016, 10:09
Hi, just installed new PCars patch and can't get Oculus to launch through SC4. Oculus will launch if i start from steam but not from SC4. When i start it from steam it asks if i would like to start normal, Vive, or oculus, so i guess SC4 needs a parameter but i'm not sure what it is.
What file do the launch options point to?
BTW this was working fine before the patch.

Olaf
13-05-2016, 10:45
yes the problem is with the patch11 you can change the mode normal play oculus or vive modus.
what is the startparameter for starting directly in oculus mode

Morgan Henstridge
13-05-2016, 13:46
Hopefully there may be a launch option parameter built in that a developers just needs to make us aware of.

gooch
13-05-2016, 18:29
Same problem here. I've tried adding -VR to both Steam and Sim Commander, but not at the same time. Also tried removing the -silent to see if it would give me a choice when launching from Sim Commander but it didn't work.

UPDATE: Found a workaround. It's not elegant, but simply remove the Parameters under Advanced (delete "-applaunch 234630 -silent") and it causes the Steam front end to be launched and wait for the executables to be launched. Then just choose Project CARS for Oculus.

Olaf
13-05-2016, 19:57
@gooch THX for the tip

WIGG77
13-05-2016, 20:04
Same problem here. I've tried adding -VR to both Steam and Sim Commander, but not at the same time. Also tried removing the -silent to see if it would give me a choice when launching from Sim Commander but it didn't work.

UPDATE: Found a workaround. It's not elegant, but simply remove the Parameters under Advanced (delete "-applaunch 234630 -silent") and it causes the Steam front end to be launched and wait for the executables to be launched. Then just choose Project CARS for Oculus.

Gooch you are a god! Spent weeks tweaking SimVibe ready for when my rift arrived. I've got mates coming round this weekend to try my rig out and was thinking I was in for a night of having the piss took outta me👍🏻

OzzyNeil
14-05-2016, 01:26
That doesn't work for me unfortunately unless i'm doing something wrong.
If i launch either pcars.exe or pcars64.exe from explorer the game starts on the desktop straight away but if i press the play button in steam then it asks what VR version i want and then works fine in VR, so where is the play button file located and how can i point SC4 to it. I'm so confused:sorrow:

SrikemaHD
14-05-2016, 02:00
Launch the game through steam then click on the simcommander pcars launch.. that works for me.

OzzyNeil
14-05-2016, 02:31
Launch the game through steam then click on the simcommander pcars launch.. that works for me.

Thats the go SrikemaHD, cheers for that, hopefully we get a proper fix soon.

ShimSim
14-05-2016, 16:05

Yep, that's what I'm doing for now. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Terrell Olvera
19-05-2016, 03:05
Is there a way to launch the Sim Commander plugin from a desktop shortcut? I would love to be able to launch pcars with sim commander and oculus support with a voice command (through Virtual Desktop).

Naz
22-05-2016, 13:43
Hi fellas, just a quick heads up from the Simcommander forum that there is another fix for this issue.

In the SC4 parameter box enter the line below and Project Cars will load direct from SC4 as it did before;

steam://launch/234630/othervr -silent

Obviously the workarounds mentioned earlier in this thread will also continue to work but I've tried this one too and all is good again.

Cheers

Imeleon
30-05-2016, 15:45
That doesn't work for me. ��

ShimSim
31-05-2016, 19:51
Hi fellas, just a quick heads up from the Simcommander forum that there is another fix for this issue.

In the SC4 parameter box enter the line below and Project Cars will load direct from SC4 as it did before;

Obviously the workarounds mentioned earlier in this thread will also continue to work but I've tried this one too and all is good again.

Cheers

Worked for me.

Thanks!

jadflat
17-06-2016, 23:39

Cheers

this worked great for me, and combined with http://www.bill2-software.com/processmanager/download-en.shtml and this http://winaero.com/comment.php?comment.news.152 and a little AutoHotKey I can launch Simvibe and Project Cars with a single click