PDA

View Full Version : Turbo spooling noise missing in MP(ANSWERED)

plama
14-05-2016, 12:28
Since I bought this game I noticed that allot of cars sound way better in single player compared to online, specially the cars with the big turbo spooling noise. I get 0 turbo sounds when I drive online, what's a workaround/fix for this so I can get those awesome sound online aswell?

EDIT: People are thinking I can't hear the sounds at all or something but the thing is I can hear the turbo sounds loud and clear when I am playing offline (practice,quick race,career etc). But as soon as I go play in multiplayer, no turbo sounds to be heard. Go try for yourself, with pagani huayra for example. Seems like a file got mixed up for online sounds or something and I'm wondering if anyone managed to actually fix it so that you can hear the same sounds you hear in single player(offline gameplay) online(multiplayer) aswell.

UPDATE!! ANSWERED:

This is a new bug appeared since Ford Falcon got new engine sound and it only happens when you join a active session.

Well that's a bummer, but the devs said they will continue to fix bugs so I hope this get fixed soon.

binarywarrior
14-05-2016, 12:39
Many people report missing features in their "paid" for DLC I am yet to see any response. Hopefully will get one in this thread :)

kevin kirk
14-05-2016, 15:15
Different platform but might help. I was having that problem of missing sounds,turbo included, in single player. I noticed it when I realized I wasnt hearing that whining sound the audi etron quatro makes under braking. I changed my sound settings to uncompressed and now I here every thing.

hkraft300
14-05-2016, 17:19
I changed my sound settings to uncompressed and now I here every thing.

How'd you do that?
I'm wondering if I can find a similar option for PS4.
Gonna have to try some funky sounding cars in FP vs MP...

plama
14-05-2016, 21:34
How'd you do that?

How did you change that was it in game or platform change? Can't find that option on PC, I hope its an ingame fix but I can't find it anywhere in the options.

Anyone got a PC fix for this?

kevin kirk
14-05-2016, 23:26
How'd you do that?

....in my xbox one sound options menu, I imagine the PS4 would have that option also.

kevin kirk
14-05-2016, 23:33
How did you change that was it in game or platform change? Can't find that option on PC, I hope its an ingame fix but I can't find it anywhere in the options.

Anyone got a PC fix for this?

changed on the xbox one menu, but even my laptop has a compressed and uncompressed sound option. So i imagine it would be somewhere on your P.C. When I changed my xbox sound setting to uncompressed, I certianly hear sounds that I dont with compressed. Sounds like the Etron braking whine, things hitting the car like rocks when putting a wheel off, rain hitting the car, the tire sliding sounds also are not over bearing anymore in open top cars. Again, im speaking of single player gameplay .

hkraft300
15-05-2016, 02:44
....in my xbox one sound options menu, I imagine the PS4 would have that option also.

I'm guessing its the Linear PCM option in the audio visual menu. I just switched it and the Cadi is making all sorts of racket in an online lobby!

Edit: nope... Joined another lobby and the sounds are gone :(

Rambo_Commando
15-05-2016, 05:25
changed on the xbox one menu, but even my laptop has a compressed and uncompressed sound option. So i imagine it would be somewhere on your P.C. When I changed my xbox sound setting to uncompressed, I certianly hear sounds that I dont with compressed. Sounds like the Etron braking whine, things hitting the car like rocks when putting a wheel off, rain hitting the car, the tire sliding sounds also are not over bearing anymore in open top cars. Again, im speaking of single player gameplay .

I can't find this option on Ps4. Rocks and rain hitting the car would sound very cool.

kevin kirk
15-05-2016, 17:24
I can't find this option on Ps4. Rocks and rain hitting the car would sound very cool.

...as far as rock hitting when dropping off a wheel and hearing rain hitting the car you could try engine sound level at low or meduim and sound effects on max.

hkraft300
16-05-2016, 07:53
I did a few MP races today with the ETron. I can always hear the flywheel recharging.
Gonna have a play with engine sound level to see if turbo noises work. Maybe switch to Dolby sound too. My new headset should support it.

plama
16-05-2016, 20:38
I did a few MP races today with the ETron. I can always hear the flywheel recharging.
Gonna have a play with engine sound level to see if turbo noises work. Maybe switch to Dolby sound too. My new headset should support it.

The thing is I can hear the turbo sounds loud and clear when I am playing offline (practice,quick race,career etc). But as soon as I go play in multiplayer, no turbo sounds to be heard.

...as far as rock hitting when dropping off a wheel and hearing rain hitting the car you could try engine sound level at low or meduim and sound effects on max.

Actually when I drive the cars that have nice turbo sounds offline (single player) in multiplayer, those rock and wind noises are amplified as if its blocking out the turbo noises or something and it sound very unnatural, this only occurs with the cars that have the turbo sounds missing online, With cars with no turbo sounds and such the wind/rock noises are balanced out with the rest of the noises.

Guys just go free practice with Pagani Huayra and then go Multiplayer with the same car and you will immediately hear the difference

hkraft300
17-05-2016, 04:51
Guys just go free practice with Pagani Huayra and then go Multiplayer with the same car and you will immediately hear the difference

Pcars SP be like...

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQAhuL9u72Fm_L6N23yiD-MWJCdvivJ79KZn3PTPxnFpgOO3hAvMUVpci7B

resmania
18-05-2016, 03:30
This is a new bug appeared since Ford Falcon got new engine sound and it only happens when you join a active session.

plama
20-05-2016, 20:06
Darn, RIP sounds for Touhristenfahrten lobbies :sorrow: I spend most of my time in those.