PDA

View Full Version : Patch 11 release for Console's

Blunt RS
15-05-2016, 02:46
Just wondered when the consoles was getting a update, as haven't seen consoles being mentioned.

Blunt RS
17-05-2016, 12:01
BTTT

Blunt RS
18-05-2016, 02:14
BTTT

Konan
18-05-2016, 04:18
Patches are no longer released monthly but more on a "release when ready" schedule... But not to worry,support is still ongoing...

Flat_out
18-05-2016, 08:23
Will be very surprised to see many fixes for the game on console IMO!

Konan
18-05-2016, 09:17
Just stating what Ian said...

Blunt RS
18-05-2016, 11:34
Patches are no longer released monthly but more on a "release when ready" schedule... But not to worry,support is still ongoing...

Thankyou just thought as the PC patch was out the console one would be following shortly. But is patch 11 comeing to the consoles or is it just for PC ?.
I understand the team are busy but it doesn't take 2mins to reply so people don't feel ignored.

Konan
18-05-2016, 11:42
Well...that's a total different story...the devs avoid coming on the forum since they received a lot of flack almost every time they did...
The latest patch by the way was more pc orientated instead of all platforms...

Blunt RS
18-05-2016, 12:53
I understand that and i don't know to what exstent the flack was. But for example this thread i was simply asking for info about something that's a important to me. I tried many different times in the past to get the grid lights issue noticed FB messaged a mod multiple threads inc pics. A simple reply yea read its been noted etc but nothing not one answer or reply. Manners cost nothing unlike new realises. Now it appears theve fixed it, us consoles users don't even get to see it. I just feel ignored and as a console user a lot of times not important.

Not what I was hopeing for but kinda guessed as much. Big issue for me was the grid lights not working on XB1.

Konan Thankyou very much for your time am very greatfull.

Boskapongen
18-05-2016, 13:14
Consoles should be PRIO 1 coz of the huge playerbase on consoles. Not even 10% on PC.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/20922/project-cars-sales-ps4-leading-console-platform-with-63-sales-xbox-one-accounts-for-31/

BigDad
18-05-2016, 13:14
Well...that's a total different story...the devs avoid coming on the forum since they received a lot of flack almost every time they did...
The latest patch by the way was more pc orientated instead of all platforms...
They could just ignore the flack and just answer the serious and polite questions , even if the questions are ones they don't have the answer people want .
Ignoring serious questions because they cop flack , come on , do you really think thats the reason .
If someone give me crap there are usually two different responses i can use , fight the crap or just move along but ignoring everyone because someone might give me crap would be pretty sad and lonely .

Konan
18-05-2016, 13:17
I understand that and i don't know to what exstent the flack was. But for example this thread i was simply asking for info about something that's a important to me. I tried many different times in the past to get the grid lights issue noticed FB messaged a mod multiple threads inc pics. A simple reply yea read its been noted etc but nothing not one answer or reply. Manners cost nothing unlike new realises. Now it appears theve fixed it, us consoles users don't even get to see it. I just feel ignored and as a console user a lot of times not important.

Not what I was hopeing for but kinda guessed as much. Big issue for me was the grid lights not working on XB1.

Konan Thankyou very much for your time am very greatfull.

No problem friend...as for the fix of the grid lights i think (and this is just a guess) they are waiting for other fixes to be finished so as not to put out an expensive patch with just that one fix...
Again...only speculating here...
On the other issue...I'm sure our friendly moderators would post any news if they had some according to patches...

Sankyo
18-05-2016, 13:21
They could just ignore the flack and just answer the serious and polite questions , even if the questions are ones they don't have the answer people want .
Ignoring serious questions because they cop flack , come on , do you really think thats the reason .
If someone give me crap there are usually two different responses i can use , fight the crap or just move along but ignoring everyone because someone might give me crap would be pretty sad and lonely .
Sifting through a lot of trash talk to find the occasional serious question is quite a waste of time and seeing all the crap is very demoralizing.

pavano
18-05-2016, 13:32
Sifting through a lot of trash talk to find the occasional serious question is quite a waste of time and seeing all the crap is very demoralizing.

isn't that what Butters is good for ;)

Jussi Viljami Karjalainen
18-05-2016, 17:19
Consoles should be PRIO 1 coz of the huge playerbase on consoles. Not even 10% on PC.

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/20922/project-cars-sales-ps4-leading-console-platform-with-63-sales-xbox-one-accounts-for-31/Those were just the initial sales figures though. AFAIK PC ended up closer to like 15% or more, which is quite a bit more than anticipated. (Simply based on SteamSpy owner figures for PC and what we've heard of total sales of the game it could well be close to even 25%.)

EDIT: And on a personal note, I'd always want to see games developed to the most capable platform available and then downgraded to whatever else it's going to be released on, rather than using the lowest common denominator as the target...

Blunt RS
18-05-2016, 20:23
No platform should take priority over another likes its doing. Cause all its doing is giving people the impression consoles owners are funding the development of the PC vertion. All platforms should have the same budget, resources etc or just stick to PC. At the moment theirs working grid lights on the PC real weather list goes on I bet. Consoles being ignored or atleast my question is I don't know nobody that knows is talking.
PC2 when its realised do you think its gonna do as well on consoles as PC1 I doubt it. I personally wont be buying it untill I can afford a high spec PC to run it on.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 02:43
bttt

Konan
19-05-2016, 04:01
No platform should take priority over another likes its doing. Cause all its doing is giving people the impression consoles owners are funding the development of the PC vertion. All platforms should have the same budget, resources etc or just stick to PC. At the moment theirs working grid lights on the PC real weather list goes on I bet. Consoles being ignored or atleast my question is I don't know nobody that knows is talking.
PC2 when its realised do you think its gonna do as well on consoles as PC1 I doubt it. I personally wont be buying it untill I can afford a high spec PC to run it on.

No need to get like that mate...the latest patch was put out for pc because almost all the patchnotes are pc related...
Ps4 and Xbox received a patch before anyone at least once too so there is really no favouritism going on...
Like Axl Rose sang (before he made the mistake of going to AC/DC): "have a little patience" :rolleyes:
With everyone moved to Pcars2 it'll probably take a little longer but if pc got the fix I'm sure consoles will too...

Bealdor
19-05-2016, 04:44
bttt

Please stop pushing threads.
When there are news about a console patch you guys will be the first to know, either from the devs or us mods.
Ian already said that support isn't over, so please have a little patience.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 08:44
No need to get like that mate...the latest patch was put out for pc because almost all the patchnotes are pc related...
Ps4 and Xbox received a patch before anyone at least once too so there is really no favouritism going on...
Like Axl Rose sang (before he made the mistake of going to AC/DC): "have a little patience" :rolleyes:
With everyone moved to Pcars2 it'll probably take a little longer but if pc got the fix I'm sure consoles will too...

Am I wrong in saying the PC has features the consoles hasn't got and if it wasn't down to cost all 3 would have the same. I got all the patience in the world but all previous patch's has said coming soon to xbox & ps4 and are realised pretty much with a week or so.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 08:52
Please stop pushing threads.
When there are news about a console patch you guys will be the first to know, either from the devs or us mods.
Ian already said that support isn't over, so please have a little patience.

Ive got all the patience in the world. But as you've seen from page one, only way i got a reply was to keep pushing the thread. Thiers people that know if or not a patch is comeing to consoles.

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 10:01
Am I wrong in saying the PC has features the consoles hasn't got and if it wasn't down to cost all 3 would have the same.
I'm not aware of any PC-specific features, unless we're talking about VR which happens to be have PC-only hardware right now AFAIK.

Konan
19-05-2016, 10:04
I'm not aware of any PC-specific features, unless we're talking about VR which happens to be have PC-only hardware right now AFAIK.

He might be referring to the modded features?

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 10:06
He might be referring to the modded features?

That's not anything that SMS can do something about (as you know), since modding is only possible on PC.

Konan
19-05-2016, 10:07
Am I wrong in saying the PC has features the consoles hasn't got and if it wasn't down to cost all 3 would have the same. I got all the patience in the world but all previous patch's has said coming soon to xbox & ps4 and are realised pretty much with a week or so.

Are you referring to the modded features?
Those are restricted to pc yes...
But that has nothing to do with SMS...

Edit: ninja'd

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 10:37
Am not technically minded and a don't understand the difference in format limitations and sorry if i come across wrong. Real weather i was meaning also paint shop am not sure what else. Ive previously seen in a thread that PC took priority and the console was handed to a 3rd party but the budget wasn't their.
Sorry i don't understand what you mean by modding. I guess you mean paint shop but other games have so i don't see the difference.
Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you their fed up with me keep going on about how awesome Project Cars is ive been a huge fan from day one and still am by far the best racing game currently on console. And the support updates which have been added to the game in the time are insane the team has done is amazing.
Getting a simple question answered on the otherhand. I don't care when its comeing out just would like someone in the know to reply with a its comeing or due to limitations it wont be avaible for PC1. Sorry i don't think that's to much to ask.

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 10:39
Am not technically minded and a don't understand the difference in format limitations and sorry if i come across wrong. Real weather i was meaning also paint shop am not sure what else. Ive previously seen in a thread that PC took priority and the console was handed to a 3rd party but the budget wasn't their.
Sorry i don't understand what you mean by modding. I guess you mean paint shop but other games have so i don't see the difference.
Ask any of my friends and they'll tell you their fed up with me keep going on about how awesome Project Cars is ive been a huge fan from day one and still am by far the best racing game currently on console. And the support updates which have been added to the game in the time are insane the team has done is amazing.
Getting a simple question answered on the otherhand. I don't care when its comeing out just would like someone in the know to reply with a its comeing or due to limitations it wont be avaible for PC1. Sorry i don't think that's to much to ask.
IIRC Real Weather is also a limitation of the console platforms and what software is allowed to do on them, not something SMS decided that the consoles won't have. Everything that is in the PC version and is allowed or technically possible on consoles is also in the console versions.

Konan
19-05-2016, 12:01

If i understand it correctly (not very technically minded either :rolleyes: ) modding is altering (rewriting/programming) stuff... which is only possible on pc and is not done by SMS but by independent "modders"
So the things they have more than console players are fabricated by outside party's....
Do feel free to correct me if i'm wrong anyone...

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 12:07
Modding in the broadest sense is modifying the game. This can be done by altering code or content, or adding content. The latter can be done by ripping content from one game and putting it into another, or by creating new content from scratch. Only the latter is regarded as proper 'modding'.

BigDad
19-05-2016, 12:10
Sifting through a little virtual crap is a very small price if it helps get you driving around in your NINTH Ferrari .

cmch15
19-05-2016, 13:04
Still waiting for a FFB fix for Dirt on PS4. I think we have been a bit spoilt with pCARs and now its become expected. As has been mentioned before most of the notes in the PC patch 11 is PC/VR based which consoles don't have.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 13:05
Thankyou Kona & Remco for all your help & info I got a better understanding now. I was meaning stuff like the paintshop not 3rd partys like the TT scan type thing which I understand is just PC etc.
Back to grid lights Monza Gp working lights Monza short don't work which is such a shame in a sim game if you want to run sim. Multiple threads asking for unrealistic stuff like topless grid girls multiple pages. Seroius question ignored i don't get it.
But i get it no one in the know is gonna answer me so ill just have to wait to buy a PC to fully enjoy the game. No more bttt from me.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 13:09
Still waiting for a FFB fix for Dirt on PS4. I think we have been a bit spoilt with pCARs and now its become expected. As has been mentioned before most of the notes in the PC patch 11 is PC/VR based which consoles don't have.

Most of yes but their is a note regarding the grid lights which i for one have been mention for ages and evertime been ignored.
All am asking for is yes no mybe sorry we don't know but nothing :(.

Haiden
19-05-2016, 14:35
Most of the fixes in 11.0 were VR related or specific to PC. Makes sense to release it on PC first and wait until there are more console related updates to release that patch. IDK, at least it does to me.

Konan
19-05-2016, 14:38
Thankyou Kona & Remco for all your help & info I got a better understanding now. I was meaning stuff like the paintshop not 3rd partys like the TT scan type thing which I understand is just PC etc.
Back to grid lights Monza Gp working lights Monza short don't work which is such a shame in a sim game if you want to run sim. Multiple threads asking for unrealistic stuff like topless grid girls multiple pages. Seroius question ignored i don't get it.
But i get it no one in the know is gonna answer me so ill just have to wait to buy a PC to fully enjoy the game. No more bttt from me.

As much as i would like you to buy a pc (i would too if i had the money) i think it would be better just to wait it out...as i mentioned before: if pc got the grid light fixed so will the consoles eventually....I can't imagine SMS favouring one platform over the others...they never have in the past so...
Manpower has shifted to Pcars2 though...so it could take a while...

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 16:28
Haiden it doesn't matter to me which format its realised it on first. Am just asking if the patch is comeing to console to which am being ignored by the people in the know.

Konan
19-05-2016, 16:48
Haiden it doesn't matter to me which format its realised it on first. Am just asking if the patch is comeing to console to which am being ignored by the people in the know.

Maybe they're still working on it and don't know for sure themselves...

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 17:29
A simple acknowledgment to previous threads, messages, pics etc regarding the issue would work wonders. Am sure your the same as me seen the fan base drop since day one due to people feeling ignored.
Am not asking for unrealistic features just whats already in the game to work properly if possible some tracks it does same track different layout is doesn't so I cant see it being a issue since its been said its fixed on PC. And acknowledgment to a simple question manners cost nothing. And yes maybe they don't know, but a reply from the team with just maybe its comeing maybe its not id be happy with that.
But this thread isn't going anywhere but thankyou for time and info am out.

FS7
19-05-2016, 18:31
... modding is only possible on PC.
Whenever I hear that I have to ask how was modding possible on UT3 on PS3 then?

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 18:36
Whenever I hear that I have to ask how was modding possible on UT3 on PS3 then?
AFAIK by means of serious OS/ROM/hardware hacks to enable game modding.

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 18:38

A simple acknowledgment to previous threads, messages, pics etc regarding the issue would work wonders. Am sure your the same as me seen the fan base drop since day one due to people feeling ignored.
Am not asking for unrealistic features just whats already in the game to work properly if possible some tracks it does same track different layout is doesn't so I cant see it being a issue since its been said its fixed on PC. And acknowledgment to a simple question manners cost nothing. And yes maybe they don't know, but a reply from the team with just maybe its comeing maybe its not id be happy with that.
But this thread isn't going anywhere but thankyou for time and info am out.
The fact that you ask the question doesn't mean SMS is obliged to answer. Furthermore, since the devs are not actively scanning every thread for possible questions, they're most probably not ignoring but simply not seeing the question.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 18:59
The fact that you ask the question doesn't mean SMS is obliged to answer. Furthermore, since the devs are not actively scanning every thread for possible questions, they're most probably not ignoring but simply not seeing the question.

Never said they where obliged to answer me. Your probably right they didn't see it the question is only in the title thread next time i make it more obvouis. Just like the mod i messaged probably didn't see my message or mybe the fact he's not obliged to answer his messages.
But i learnt my lesson if i got a issue deal it its PC way.

Blunt RS
19-05-2016, 19:17
Patch 11 realise for Console's

Just wondered when the consoles was getting a update, as haven't seen consoles being mentioned.
Simple question if you wont don't work for SMS you need not reply. Not interested in excuses, sarcasitic remarks from fanboys.

FS7
19-05-2016, 19:31
AFAIK by means of serious OS/ROM/hardware hacks to enable game modding.
Not at all.
UT3 PS3 mods are legal, they can be installed in a regular non-modded/non-hacked console without use of any special software, they require the player to be connected to PSN to be installed, and can be downloaded either through the UT3 mod website or through the in-game community menu.
If mods are possible in UT3 on PS3 why are they not possible in other console games?

Sankyo
19-05-2016, 19:46
Not at all.
UT3 PS3 mods are legal, they can be installed in a regular non-modded/non-hacked console without use of any special software, they require the player to be connected to PSN to be installed, and can be downloaded either through the UT3 mod website or through the in-game community menu.
If mods are possible in UT3 on PS3 why are they not possible in other console games?
Ah so the game was made for modding on consoles as well, didn't know that.

pCARS wasn't made with modding in mind initially. Only after the fact that some (quality) mods started appearing, SMS opened up the PC version a bit more to make it easier. How easy that can be done on consoles with a game that was not intended to be a modding platform, I don't know.

FS7
19-05-2016, 20:22
Ah so the game was made for modding on consoles as well, didn't know that.
There's an interesting article about it:

http://kotaku.com/the-first-big-game-that-brought-mods-to-consoles-1713716040