PDA

View Full Version : pCARS Nordschleife too "bumped"

Thor_Gus
16-05-2016, 01:03
After spent several hours racing and lapping at the Nordschleife for tons of years in various games, such as GranTurismo, AC and now pCARS, I have been considering that the pCARS version too "bumpy" and "jumpy".... Is that really realistic? Am I alone? I'm considering install R3E and its "laser scanned" tracks to experiment and feel the difference. Post your opinion, please. Real drive and experimented nord racers are more than welcome.

Cheers.

Alan Dallas
16-05-2016, 01:08
Considering the track for pCARS was developed with input by a bunch of passionate German WMD members who have driven hundreds of laps there combined. I'd call it accurate. Trust me, during the development of that track on the WMD forums there are pages upon pages of feedback on the Green Hell.

CrustyA
16-05-2016, 02:27
I do agree with the OP on this. I realize I've never been there so don't really know. But yeah I've been playing Assetto's Nordschleife since it came out and recently purchased R3E's to compare. The PCars version does seem more bumpy than AC/R3E's in certain places. I do think AC's is my personal favorite version at the moment.

Dont get me wrong, I appreciate the effort and work into the PCars version and it looks amazing, but we know the other two are laser scanned so I'd guess they're more accurate?

I tried to record some evidence of this a while back specifically regarding Pflanzgarten and Galgenkopf:
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?37638-Tough-time-at-Nordschleife

Hatzenbach is the other section that seems too bumpy to me in PCars version.

I also thought PCars version of Brands Hatch GP was bumpier than AC's in some places too. I dunno?

Thor_Gus
16-05-2016, 02:30
Tks Alan.. I'm sure that the research to make it was rich and made by people that really knows the track and I really apprecciate that.
However, consider that.... during the first kms, Hatzenbach, Hocheichen, Quiddelbacher Hohe, would say until Flugplatz, in some places the car is practically uncontrollable due to severe jumps even at low speed. I've tried several different set ups in the cars to mitigate this instability, without success. The same in Fuchsrohre.
Later, the Karoussel seems to have 30 degrees. From there, the same occurs until the Pflanzgarten, which seems the descent of a cliff and a jump of magnitude only seen in pCARS. Watching real footage, we can't see this behavior.
Tks for your help.

Thor_Gus
16-05-2016, 03:06
Tks for the inputs, CrustyA.. So, I'm not alone and, agreed, not saying that is bad or wrong, just searching for realism... and practice :)

EDIT: I just saw your video. They report exactly what I said, thanks for posting. Excuse me, I didn't see your thread before.

CrustyA
16-05-2016, 03:32
Tks for the inputs, CrustyA.. So, I'm not alone and, agreed, not saying that is bad or wrong, just searching for realism... and practice :)

EDIT: I just saw your video. They report exactly what I said, thanks for posting. Excuse me, I didn't see your thread before.

No Worries, Its an old one thats been long buried. In an ideal world everything would be laser scanned, but given the constraints I think SMS did a great job, I'm still hoping maybe we get a laser scanned version for PCars2 though.

ONT
16-05-2016, 03:58

Try iRacing for very accurate laser scanned track reproduction, and yea it cost more than You'r average racing game :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUMkOHoRWxk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwT0BS7OxO4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GE1s9acEBA

kevin kirk
16-05-2016, 04:28
After spent several hours racing and lapping at the Nordschleife for tons of years in various games, such as GranTurismo, AC and now pCARS, I have been considering that the pCARS version too "bumpy" and "jumpy".... Is that really realistic? Am I alone? I'm considering install R3E and its "laser scanned" tracks to experiment and feel the difference. Post your opinion, please. Real drive and experimented nord racers are more than welcome.

Cheers.

something to consider is Pcars has a world movement slider. Were you have your world movement setting effects how bumpy the track seems to be. Allthough some tracks it doesnt seem to have alot of effect to how bumpy the track seems to be, I would say the difference in no world movement verses alot of world movement at nordschleife has a huge difference in how bumby the track seems. Another track the world movement setting has a huge effect on how bumpy the track seems in watkins glen.

kevin kirk
16-05-2016, 05:43
I dont know, looks like it is as bumpy as in Pacrs......https://youtu.be/GpSTWalx8y0?t=1

Kelderek
16-05-2016, 09:23
I have driven Nordschleife in real life (last time a few weeks ago) and believe me... it's bumpy! It's uneven. It's scary! :eek:

Before the 2016 season, they renewed the track surface at Flugplatz to make it smoother. More re-surface work is planned for the next season to make the track safer.

Machinist90
16-05-2016, 10:03
yeah it feels quite bumpy but ok to drive,only thing that bothers me is the carousel

Leper Messiah
16-05-2016, 10:48
I also thought PCars version of Brands Hatch GP was bumpier than AC's in some places too. I dunno?

PCARS brands is laser scanned.

Silraed
16-05-2016, 11:04
yeah it feels quite bumpy but ok to drive,only thing that bothers me is the carousel

I cannot for the life of me get the carousel to work for me in pCARS.

graveltrap
16-05-2016, 11:40
I wonder if some of this is down to FFB setup, and the way it tugs the wheel about when very strong forces are being applied?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6YodRAf2hg

It doesn't look excessively bumpy in the video, despite running the car low and very stiff, you do here the car bottoming out a fair amount, it didn't really cause me any problems whilst driving.

I have only really struggled at Pflanzgarten in mid-engine cars, they require a little thought and a good line to get through at silly speeds (unrealistic), but get it wrong and the buck about like no ones business, but that response is due to me taking liberties in game and not slowing enough to take the jump in a controlled manner or bottoming out on landing...

havocc
16-05-2016, 12:08
I feel Ac nords is much more bumpy especially the final straight

rosko
16-05-2016, 19:29
I think in pcars the car behaves differently, it moves about a bit more. I find AC too flat & smooth, less natural.

kevin kirk
16-05-2016, 19:49
I cannot for the life of me get the carousel to work for me in pCARS.

I cuss at that corner every time i hit it

Thor_Gus
16-05-2016, 20:02
Kevin, tks, but using default settings in world movement.

Thor_Gus
16-05-2016, 20:09
Try iRacing for very accurate laser scanned track reproduction, and yea it cost more than You'r average racing game :)

I think that is not a matter of costs.. Doesn't know the iRacing Nordsc, whats your impressions?

Thor_Gus
16-05-2016, 20:12
I feel Ac nords is much more bumpy especially the final straight

I find AC too flat & smooth, less natural.

:confused::confused::confused:

Mahjik
16-05-2016, 20:12
Kevin, tks, but using default settings in world movement.

The defaults have quite a bit of movement to them. You might try this:

World Movement = 80
G-Force = 30

rosko
16-05-2016, 20:22
:confused::confused::confused:

You have quoted 2 different opinions here so don't understand your point?
Also quoting out of context, I'm talking about the cars reacting more to bumps in pcars & be more natural to a real car.

ONT
16-05-2016, 20:36
I think that is not a matter of costs.. Doesn't know the iRacing Nordsc, whats your impressions?

I don't own Nords in Iracing, I'm more of a OVAL racer, but regardless of what people think about physics, penalty system, price on tracks and cars etc etc etc

most seem to think that iRacing do the best job of track reproduction so far.

There is always discounts, never ever pay full price if You buy tracks and cars.

Same with subscription, 1/2 off for new members 49$ for a year http://www.iracing.com/membership/

Buy iRacing dollar at discount and buy cars/tracks at multiple discount.

"10% Bulk Purchase Discount: Purchase/License any three to five pieces of content (cars/tracks) at once and receive 10% off the total.

20% Bulk Purchase Discount: Purchase/License any six or more pieces of content (cars/tracks) at once and receive 20% off the total.

25% Loyalty Discount: Purchase/License any 40 pieces of paid content (cars or tracks) and receive a 25% discount from that point forward on future content purchases.
In other words, once you own any 40 pieces of paid content, every content purchase after that is automatically discounted by 25%.

30% Loyalty Discount: Purchase/License all content or all remaining content and receive 30% off the total. Affectionately known as the 100% club by our members."

Lot's and lot's of PRO racers use iRacing for TRACK memorization http://www.iracing.com/testimonials/

Tony Stewart
3-Time Sprint Cup Champion (2002 / 2005 / 2011) & 1997 IndyCar Champion

"It’s pretty realistic, right up to the part of me wiping out! It doesn’t hurt near as bad."

Thor_Gus
27-05-2016, 18:31
Just to illustrate and serve as references, the top qualifying times for the 24h Nürburgring this year are below 8:16, yet considering a very wet track and a yellow flag, due to the Manthey Porsche accident. According to the board of lap times at the pCARS online community, only 8 guys with GT3 cars have times below that mark. This may mean that the pCARS nurb track is slow, maybe due to the excess of bumps mentioned above in the thread.

Link for the race

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5zspyrZ07Ok

Cheers.