PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars - Look around in any direction (car interior)

WarLordY
16-05-2016, 18:25
Hello PCars-drivers,

Project Cars is awesome and looks amazing in the right settings.

Question:
Is there a possibility to look around in any direction while sitting in the car (cockpit)? I`m able to look left, right, up and down by using my right analog stick (settings: free look) but I can`t look back to see the hole car interior like on Oculus Rift. I would like to use my mouse or gamepad to look in any direction. Is there a trick? Thanks in advance :)
WarLordY

rosko
16-05-2016, 18:50
+1 on this feature in regards to mouse look. I'm also not a fan of how slow looking left & right is.

FS7
16-05-2016, 18:55
Not sure about PC but on PS4 you can assign a button on the controller to look back. It doesn't show the back interior, it's more like a camera placed on the back on the car.

WarLordY
16-05-2016, 19:49
Not sure about PC but on PS4 you can assign a button on the controller to look back. It doesn't show the back interior, it's more like a camera placed on the back on the car.

That`s right and it`s also possible on PC. But I wanna look around in the car - all around - like on Oculus Rift. Pretty cool :) Maybe there is a trick or a hack to realise the same by mouse/gamepad.

Udd-
16-05-2016, 22:11
You can buy trackir or use the cheaper version wich is facetracknoir software and a Ps3 eye cam, or any webcam.

poirqc
16-05-2016, 22:18
You can buy trackir or use the cheaper version wich is facetracknoir software and a Ps3 eye cam, or any webcam.

I did that. The challenging part is to set FacetrackNOIR right(Follow your movement quickly enough while not being to sensitive and making the view move too much). FacetrackNOIR gives you plently of configuration to set it to your taste.

FacetrackNOIR cost 5$ now. I have it paired to a cheap logitech webcam and it's working great. I can peak at my center and driver rearview mirror easily. The view is natural. If you already have a webcam it's worth the 5 bucks!

WarLordY
17-05-2016, 20:08
Thanks for your hint. I`ve bought FaceTrackNoIR V200 for 3 bucks and it works with my Logitech cam. But it`s the same as with my gamepad. I can rotate the camera to the left and to the right but I can not rotate the camera to look behind me (car interior). A face tracking software it no able to track me if a rotate my head/face to the back.
My goal is to watch all around (full 360 degree) in the car interior (to take screenshots) not only to the left and right. Any suggestions? :)

Udd-
17-05-2016, 23:17
If it's only for screenshots you can use ctrl+K and then move the cam around with qweasd plus numerical keys (Google what key does what) but other than that I think you need to get oculus or vive. Maybe theres another way?

WarLordY
18-05-2016, 21:16
If it's only for screenshots you can use ctrl+K and then move the cam around with qweasd plus numerical keys (Google what key does what) but other than that I think you need to get oculus or vive. Maybe theres another way?

That`s the way. Thanks! Thanks a lot for the solution.