PDA

View Full Version : Moving up to Formula C, what Route?

GregFowler
16-05-2016, 21:20
I have been playing for several weeks now and it seems that even though I wanted to go the formula route I have been diverted into Caterhams and BMWs. Lately I have even been in the LMP1 schedule. How do I get to Formula C? I thought for sure I would head straight from Superkarts to Formula C, but I didn't.

Any suggestions? I am loving the game and enjoying it thoroughly. I wish there was a manual for it so I could understand all the settings, etc.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Greg

Schnizz58
16-05-2016, 21:33
Bear in mind that there are two types of events in career mode: career events and invitationals. The career events are your main career path; the invitationals are optional "filler" races to occupy your time between regular events. Your Caterham and BMW races are the latter. You can skip them if you want. Once invited to one, it will appear on your calendar every year.

So to answer your question, you get into F/C by accepting a contract from a team racing in that class. At the end of each season you will get some contract offers, some to remain in the same class, some to move up and maybe some to jump over to a different type of class (from open wheel to LMP's for example).

FS7
16-05-2016, 21:35
Open-wheel ladder: karts, superkarts, Formula Rookie, Formula Gulf, Formula C, Formula B, Formula A.

You can skip invitational events if you want to move to higher tiers faster.

Rambo_Commando
16-05-2016, 21:37
Open wheel career progression goes as follows: 125cc karts-->250cc super karts-->formula rookie-->formula gulf-->formula c-->formula b-->formula a

GregFowler
17-05-2016, 16:54
Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.