PDA

View Full Version : [Fanatec Wheel Issue] xbox screen dimming

inthebagbud
17-05-2016, 05:15
Has anybody else started to suffer from the xbox screen dimming (screensaver) issue , it had been fixed but seems to have comeback again

Sankyo
17-05-2016, 05:59
When playing pCARS or in general?

inthebagbud
17-05-2016, 06:18
H'mm I only play pcars , probably need to branch out more .....when is pcars 2 out :D, will try another game if I can force myself

this was an issue when 1st wave of xbox updates came out back end of last year but they fixed it , but it has come back recently

nissan4ever
17-05-2016, 07:16
Did you hard restart your console? Your console might not be doing something correct, in regards to your wheel.

inthebagbud
17-05-2016, 07:59
Did you hard restart your console? Your console might not be doing something correct, in regards to your wheel.

yes I hard reset every time I shut down, however good point about the wheel as I just moved to the Fanatec wheel, wonder whether that's the issue?

D3L8OY
17-05-2016, 08:07
I have had the same issue, it has only started when I changed over from the Thrustmaster TX wheel to the Fanatec, did not have this problem at all with the TX. I have to press the A button to get the screen back again then an unscheduled pit stop request is displayed, then I press the A button for the Pit request screen to go away and all is fine. A bit annoying but not a deal breaker

Boskapongen
17-05-2016, 09:11
A long shot but have you tried having the xbox controller plugged in with USB-cable at the same time as wheel?
If you have the xb1 controller on battery only i think it goes to sleep mode if not used and dimms the screen.

inthebagbud
17-05-2016, 09:11
I have had the same issue, it has only started when I changed over from the Thrustmaster TX wheel to the Fanatec, did not have this problem at all with the TX. I have to press the A button to get the screen back again then an unscheduled pit stop request is displayed, then I press the A button for the Pit request screen to go away and all is fine. A bit annoying but not a deal breaker

Cheers D3L8OY - just posted in the Fanatec thread about this

inthebagbud
17-05-2016, 11:46
A long shot but have you tried having the xbox controller plugged in with USB-cable at the same time as wheel?
If you have the xb1 controller on battery only i think it goes to sleep mode if not used and dimms the screen.

yes I have controller plugged in as well

Sankyo
17-05-2016, 13:43
I would like to hear from more Fanatec wheel users if they have or had this issue, and whether it doesn't happen with a different controller (different brand or gamepad).

vallist
22-05-2016, 06:41
I would like to hear from more Fanatec wheel users if they have or had this issue, and whether it doesn't happen with a different controller (different brand or gamepad).

Forza 6 and pCars both dimming (with and without XB1 controller)

nissan4ever
22-05-2016, 07:40
Forza 6 and pCars both dimming (with and without XB1 controller)

That might have to do with the console & the Fanatec wheel. My TX used to do that on the preview program with the new dashboard windows 10 experience. Sounds like Microsoft needs to look into the console not seeing the Fanatec correctly to avoid the screen dimming.

vallist
22-05-2016, 08:05
That might have to do with the console & the Fanatec wheel. My TX used to do that on the preview program with the new dashboard windows 10 experience. Sounds like Microsoft needs to look into the console not seeing the Fanatec correctly to avoid the screen dimming.

Yeah, in the settings menu (kinect and devices) only xb1 controller is visible, no csw2 weel

inthebagbud
22-05-2016, 11:43
I have logged this on the preview feedback and the actual xbox support page