PDA

View Full Version : T300RS - Sudden Loss of All Bump/Curb/Crash Feel

Slimklim
17-05-2016, 13:53
I didn't post this in the Thrustmaster thread because I don't know if it's an issue with my specific wheel or the game.

I recently upgraded to the GOTY Edition and I've just been goofing around trying out the different add-on cars, but at some point I noticed I was getting NO feel from bumps, curbs or impacts, where previously I would get a huge kick from the wheel.

I cycled through a couple cars (BMW 320 Turbo, 2002 Turbo, Ginetta G40) I knew should give a lot of bump feel, and tried a couple chassis FFB profiles including "Bumps Plus", I'm running the Global FFB settings here: http://pcars.oscarolim.pt/wheel-settings/global-settings

I thought I must've accidentally changed something so I looked over all the FFB settings, I tried Tire Force 85-100, FFB Strength is 100, Wheel Position Smoothing is .4, Deadzone Removal Range is .2, Steering Gain .75 I think, "Controller Input Mode" is 3, whatever that is. I also re-calibrated the wheel. Pretty much all of the dampening options are turned off. I also tried switching back to the "Classic" FFB mode of the game, with no improvement.

Aside from the lack of bump feel the rest of the steering still feels exactly like it should, the input ratio matches up, the amount of resistance feels correct, etc, there's just no communication back to me about the road surface, except you can still feel the wheel go slightly light when there is a sudden elevation change and the front tires go light.

Any ideas? I don't really understand FFB calibration that well but it seems like all of a sudden the wheel is clipping all of the high speed forces? What confuses me is the fact I didn't change anything. The only thing I can think to do is update the firmware on the wheel, the reset and recalibrate everything and see if that somehow convinces it to start working properly.

wyldanimal
17-05-2016, 14:16
you posted this in the PS4 section but your profile is set to PC.
first off, switch to the FFB HUD and see if the graph shows the same as you are feeling..
A video cap of a drive around the track in that hud would also help

on the pS4, a quick double press of the share button to start capturing a video. then Long Press it to save it when done.

Slimklim
17-05-2016, 15:52
Thanks for the advice, will update my profile and try to capture a video tonight.

Slimklim
21-05-2016, 15:07
I didn't have a chance to play again until this morning but the issue is completely gone. I'm getting very strong bump feel now, and I see that white line jumping around in the full HUD mode.

Has anyone else experienced intermittent issues like that?

morpwr
21-05-2016, 15:35
I didn't have a chance to play again until this morning but the issue is completely gone. I'm getting very strong bump feel now, and I see that white line jumping around in the full HUD mode.

Has anyone else experienced intermittent issues like that?

Yes I just reloaded the game and had almost every issue people complain about. Up until then I was one of the lucky ones and had very few. If it keeps happening try resetting the ffb globals and wait until the save icon stops before backing out of the screen. If that doesn't work try a rebuild database on the ps4 that solved it for me.

gazza1101
21-05-2016, 22:59
QUOTE=Slimklim;1280408]I didn't have a chance to play again until this morning but the issue is completely gone. I'm getting very strong bump feel now, and I see that white line jumping around in the full HUD mode.

Has anyone else experienced intermittent issues like that?[/QUOTE] I had 2 Thrustmaster wheels, sounds as if it is possibly the thermal protection kicking in, when it gets too hot it cuts the force feedback.

morpwr
22-05-2016, 01:43
QUOTE=Slimklim;1280408]I didn't have a chance to play again until this morning but the issue is completely gone. I'm getting very strong bump feel now, and I see that white line jumping around in the full HUD mode.

Has anyone else experienced intermittent issues like that? I had 2 Thrustmaster wheels, sounds as if it is possibly the thermal protection kicking in, when it gets too hot it cuts the force feedback.[/QUOTE]

Do you have the fan running all the time or does it turn on by itself when it gets warm? If its the second turn it on all the time. Youre on xbox?

Slimklim
25-05-2016, 15:43
Definitely sounds like the thermal protection mode kicking in for me, I had it happen again but I did a hard restart of the PS4 (not rest mode) and that brought the FFB back.

Setting the fan to run constantly is something you can do in the Thrustmaster control panel when you hook it up to a PC? I'll have to try that and see if it prevents it from happening again. What is weird is the fan didn't kick on at all before the FFB went out, at least not that I noticed.

morpwr
25-05-2016, 16:55
Definitely sounds like the thermal protection mode kicking in for me, I had it happen again but I did a hard restart of the PS4 (not rest mode) and that brought the FFB back.

Setting the fan to run constantly is something you can do in the Thrustmaster control panel when you hook it up to a PC? I'll have to try that and see if it prevents it from happening again. What is weird is the fan didn't kick on at all before the FFB went out, at least not that I noticed.

The fan isn't real loud so you might have missed it with the game going. What are you using for wheel settings?

Slimklim
25-05-2016, 17:34
I'm using the Oscar Olim global settings (Relative Adjust Gain 1.10, Relative Adjust Clamp .95 etc, FFB 100, but Tire Force turned down to about 80) and either the 66% or Bumps Plus car profiles.

morpwr
25-05-2016, 17:54
I'm using the Oscar Olim global settings (Relative Adjust Gain 1.10, Relative Adjust Clamp .95 etc, FFB 100, but Tire Force turned down to about 80) and either the 66% or Bumps Plus car profiles.

Theres your problem . What do you have gain set to? If its close to 1.0 then you have everything set way to high. Plus with everything set that high youre missing a lot of information. What scoops are you running? Can almost guarantee the wheel is going into safe mode with those settings. Try mine on the oscarolim site. Those are my old ones but I'm still playing with the new scoop values a little before I post them. If you want to try them its sr 48 and sk 81. It will feel lighter than what youre using now for sure but should be more informative. Give yourself some time to adjust to them.

Slimklim
25-05-2016, 19:24
Not sure about the gain setting, I will try your settings next time I play

EDIT: Oh I think its currently around .75, but not completely sure.

morpwr
25-05-2016, 20:25
Not sure about the gain setting, I will try your settings next time I play

EDIT: Oh I think its currently around .75, but not completely sure.

FFb master is 75 default from thrustmaster you really don't need it any higher in most cases. I run mine at 68. Thing is above that the forces ramp up very quickly losing the range of forces you can feel. It gets heavier faster not necessarily stronger.

Slimklim
25-05-2016, 22:02
I meant steering gain was .75, the bottom most value on the Global FFB settings screen. I thought that was the value you were asking about earlier.

I just loaded up your settings from the Oscar Olim site and it is a massive improvement, although I think you might have deadzone removal range and deazone removal falloff reversed, DRF can't be set above 0.10, at least on the PS4 version, but it feels good with DRR at 0.19 and DRF at .06.

I really like the weight of FFB I'm getting with FFB Master at 60 and Tire Force at 75 so I think I'll leave that there, next time I play I'll have to try out your new SR and SK settings and see if I like it even better. I also recently got my FOV set correctly for my distance to the screen, that combined with your settings makes a night and day difference in this game for me. Thanks for the advice!

If I had any complaint I'd say it still feels like the car can come around SUPER easily, I was just doing some sessions in a G40 and if the rear stepped out a tiny bit I could correct it by steering into it and managing the throttle, but beyond a certain angle the car just GOES, which is probably realistic often times, but I still wonder if there is a little room for improvement. I believe I had it in the Bumps Plus profile, maybe I should go back and try the 66% now that I have the global FFB settings correct. I also hadn't made any tuning adjustments to the car, so that may be a factor as well.

I went for the complete opposite of the G40 and screwed around in the '67 Mustang at the Mojave test circuit just to practice throwing the weight around and I found it pretty easy to control the powersliding you get in that thing just dogging it through 1st and 2nd, and I could introduce a tiny little bit of angle with the throttle and bring it back a couple of times, but I mostly just ended up in the tire wall. Again, not sure if that's anything to do with the settings or just my skill level.

I've seen people complaining about how the physics in P.cars doesn't really support drifting, and that's not really what I'm looking for, I have Dirt Rally for the slidey stuff, I guess my logic was just that if I can hold a low speed powerslide in a '67 Mustang, my FFB settings ought to be fairly trustworthy for anything else.

morpwr
25-05-2016, 23:05
I meant steering gain was .75, the bottom most value on the Global FFB settings screen. I thought that was the value you were asking about earlier.

I just loaded up your settings from the Oscar Olim site and it is a massive improvement, although I think you might have deadzone removal range and deazone removal falloff reversed, DRF can't be set above 0.10, at least on the PS4 version, but it feels good with DRR at 0.19 and DRF at .06.

I really like the weight of FFB I'm getting with FFB Master at 60 and Tire Force at 75 so I think I'll leave that there, next time I play I'll have to try out your new SR and SK settings and see if I like it even better. I also recently got my FOV set correctly for my distance to the screen, that combined with your settings makes a night and day difference in this game for me. Thanks for the advice!

If I had any complaint I'd say it still feels like the car can come around SUPER easily, I was just doing some sessions in a G40 and if the rear stepped out a tiny bit I could correct it by steering into it and managing the throttle, but beyond a certain angle the car just GOES, which is probably realistic often times, but I still wonder if there is a little room for improvement. I believe I had it in the Bumps Plus profile, maybe I should go back and try the 66% now that I have the global FFB settings correct. I also hadn't made any tuning adjustments to the car, so that may be a factor as well.

I went for the complete opposite of the G40 and screwed around in the '67 Mustang at the Mojave test circuit just to practice throwing the weight around and I found it pretty easy to control the powersliding you get in that thing just dogging it through 1st and 2nd, and I could introduce a tiny little bit of angle with the throttle and bring it back a couple of times, but I mostly just ended up in the tire wall. Again, not sure if that's anything to do with the settings or just my skill level.

I've seen people complaining about how the physics in P.cars doesn't really support drifting, and that's not really what I'm looking for, I have Dirt Rally for the slidey stuff, I guess my logic was just that if I can hold a low speed powerslide in a '67 Mustang, my FFB settings ought to be fairly trustworthy for anything else.

I missed a zero in drf. Should be .019. Somebody just pointed that out to me. Try the new scoops with ffb master at 68 and drr .10 I think I set drf at .016. Much more progressive feel and grip is felt better. Nice bonus catching the cars when they step out is easier too. It feels more natural to me with the new scoops. The old scoop values exaggerated some low forces especially things like the rumble strips.

Try the classic settings. All the forces are there. The only thing youll be missing is the added weight from sop lat but to me that just adds a force you shouldn't feel in the wheel. But that's just my opinion. Id at least go back and maybe revisit his other settings you may find you like something different with the new settings.

Slimklim
26-05-2016, 14:12
Ok cool, thanks for the advice. Next time I play I'll try DRR at 0.10, DRF to 0.016, SR 48, SK 81, FFB at 68 and the Classic chassis profile.

Slimklim
26-05-2016, 21:31
Just loaded up the above settings and it's definitely an improvement with the correct DRR and DRF values. I'd also agree that the rumble strip force is less exaggerated with the new scoop values.

Thanks for all your help, you've really made this game come together for me.

morpwr
27-05-2016, 00:55
Just loaded up the above settings and it's definitely an improvement with the correct DRR and DRF values. I'd also agree that the rumble strip force is less exaggerated with the new scoop values.

Thanks for all your help, you've really made this game come together for me.

Glad I could help. If you need any help pm me or stop over at grimeys forum. This game really is good when you start to get what does what.lol