PDA

View Full Version : Steering Ratio doing nothing for controller users?

CarlosGT3
17-05-2016, 14:36
Hey fellow racers, I'm new around here. Loving the game so far...

Here's a question: I've given the steering ratio setting a try to help fine tune steering in a few cars and I think it does nothing whatsoever! This is most obvious when testing it with an open wheeler, because you can see exactly how the wheels respond to your analog stick's inputs.

Anyone else under the same impression?

Schnizz58
17-05-2016, 14:39
There is a bug where you have to exit the session and then re-enter it before the new steering ratio takes effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbzck7cZid0

CarlosGT3
17-05-2016, 15:17
Good to know, will try. The higher the setting, the less sensitive the steering is to inputs, right? It should help with higher speed twitchier cars... :D

Schnizz58
17-05-2016, 15:19
Yes, that's correct. You can also adjust steering sensitivity globally in the Options Menu under Controls.

Rambo_Commando
17-05-2016, 16:09
Good to know, will try. The higher the setting, the less sensitive the steering is to inputs, right? It should help with higher speed twitchier cars... :D

Another alternative is to increase the caster angles. It makes the steering heavier.

Schnizz58
17-05-2016, 16:22
Another alternative is to increase the caster angles. It makes the steering heavier.
With a wheel this is true but probably not with a controller.

Rambo_Commando
18-05-2016, 02:28
With a wheel this is true but probably not with a controller.

It actually works with the gamepad too. I use it all the time instead of bypassing the steering ratio bug.