PDA

View Full Version : The game graphics is good, but the night lighting needs to be improved.

ralphxD
19-05-2016, 00:00
The game have good graphics, but the lighting on the night is very bad. It would be interesting if the quality of the lighting was improved. To get a sense of what i'm talking look the picture quality in the capture.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_uyvLXqxH9A/Vzz_Y1LpLNI/AAAAAAAAACg/5MOwus0yYe4DZaxwzgpzqIp88TZSetv_QCCo/s912/pCARS64_2016_05_18_20_42_26_728.png

These black spots that leave the graphic of the game really ugly. Looking so it seems until the car it is infested with ants D: would be a good implementation for the game. Its a good tip for the company of game.

poirqc
19-05-2016, 01:26
I also saw something similar.

Whit that said, when the view is in actual driving position, it's not as bad as above. But it's still there. It's easily seen on the roll cage of a car.

ralphxD
19-05-2016, 01:35
Yes but it would be great if they could fix it will leave the game more real. Even in other cameras stay this kind.

kevin kirk
19-05-2016, 02:15
Having the right exposure compensation setting is everything in this game. The problem is every car has a different number that looks the best.

resmania
19-05-2016, 02:21
Yes, sadly this is a known limitation of the game. :(

ralphxD
19-05-2016, 03:03
The game is really beautiful, only thing that is bad is this fault if were corrected would be perfect. Probably will not have a solution then, right? It should only be repaired in the project cars 2 if that really happens...

Shogun613
19-05-2016, 03:07
Having the right exposure compensation setting is everything in this game. The problem is every car has a different number that looks the best.

This. Before the Aston GTE exposure fix, I used .05 exposure compensation for a little while, and night racing looks a lot better with lower values.

ralphxD
19-05-2016, 03:13
This. Before the Aston GTE exposure fix, I used .05 exposure compensation for a little while, and night racing looks a lot better with lower values.

And how did you change the exposure value for .05?

Shogun613
19-05-2016, 03:15
And how did you change the exposure value for .05?

You have to go into the visual options menu where all of the visual effect options are. You'll find the exposure compensation slider there.

Ian Bell
19-05-2016, 05:37
I agree, although yours looks almost bugged.

We're working hard on this area for the next iteration of the engine.

Tbolt47
19-05-2016, 06:55

Being able to adjust the compensation while driving would be very handy.

shiftee
19-05-2016, 14:06
yeah I avoid night racing except for endurance racing, as the amazing graphics just completely disappear when it gets too dark. great to hear its being worked on for Pcars 2, wonder what kind of pc is gonna be needed to run that behemoth in 4k?! I'll start saving up now for a new card...

ralphxD
19-05-2016, 15:03
My pc is not a monster, the processor is a fx 4300 and the video card hd 7790 oc but runs well this game it runs at 1600x900 high to ultra with good fps and some effects I hung up. Still the game is pretty much unless this bug inside the cockpit at night. I even decreasing exposure compensation or increasing it seems that is the same thing. I put exposure compensation to 0.1 but stay much dark even so continues with these black spots and increase to 1.5 or 2.0 it was very clear and there is still that thing.

rosko
19-05-2016, 16:56
Well i didn't really notice, it looks ok to me at night but im looking at the road ahead. Sometimes the headlights don't act naturally or seem a bit on the dim side but i can't verify how it compares to real life as i don't own the car.

konnos
20-05-2016, 05:44
I think he s talking about the shadows inside the car and more towards the passenger seat space, I always thought that was the result of Low settings for shadows.

rosko
20-05-2016, 20:02
Yeah i checked mine & it looks nothing like that screenshot, the graphics look great in the car at night but then i have everything on max, the op seems to have everything on the lowest.

ralphxD
21-05-2016, 00:02
Even if i put everything at most the game continues with this shadow kinda strange. I do not know why it is so, even if I put in the maximum graphic it is so and also my PC unsuported on max settings.

goeiste
21-05-2016, 03:40
The game have good graphics, but the lighting on the night is very bad. It would be interesting if the quality of the lighting was improved. To get a sense of what i'm talking look the picture quality in the capture.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-_uyvLXqxH9A/Vzz_Y1LpLNI/AAAAAAAAACg/5MOwus0yYe4DZaxwzgpzqIp88TZSetv_QCCo/s912/pCARS64_2016_05_18_20_42_26_728.png

These black spots that leave the graphic of the game really ugly. Looking so it seems until the car it is infested with ants D: would be a good implementation for the game. Its a good tip for the company of game.

indeed unfortunate that the lighting is unrealistic, pity.
The same goes for the AI's in the rearview mirror, you know that they are there somewhere .... but where?, and then suddenly you see them in your mirror ... too late....., sad

Ian Bell
21-05-2016, 04:16
indeed unfortunate that the lighting is unrealistic, pity.
The same goes for the AI's in the rearview mirror, you know that they are there somewhere .... but where?, and then suddenly you see them in your mirror ... too late....., sad

Let's not overdo it, it's not sad :) At lowest levels on old cards it could be better.

We have a very long draw distance on the RVM for cars.

I refer you to 1.00 in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCTgvKI41cM

Sloskimo
21-05-2016, 05:13
I reckon he means when racing in the dark Ian, you tend to not see your opponents' headlights until they are quite close. Can't say I've had suicidal thoughts yet over it though :)

Ian Bell
21-05-2016, 05:42
I reckon he means when racing in the dark Ian, you tend to not see your opponents' headlights until they are quite close. Can't say I've had suicidal thoughts yet over it though :)

Yes, I think I could live through it. As I say though, it's being worked on for the next iteration of the engine. It should be much better.

ralphxD
08-06-2016, 00:14
I did a test by modifying the graphics settings of shadow of game looks at what happened... Believe it or not looks the difference of the images.

The first image is game running on the settings ultra in shadow.

The second image is game running on the settings shadow off.

Looking so you can see that with the shadow disabled do not see these black points inside the cockpit. This is really strange, because with the shadow disabled is better than ultra for me.

Mascot
08-06-2016, 10:00
I agree, although yours looks almost bugged.

We're working hard on this area for the next iteration of the engine.

Ian, another area that could do with some attention is the colour banding on the night sky in the PS4 version. There's an almost 8-bit stripe effect, as if the colour palette is limited to only a few dark blues and greys, so any graduation doesn't blend well. It's very noticeable around nighttime clouds as well. There was a thread about this but I don't think many conclusions were drawn as to why it happened and how best to combat it.

Anyway, hope you can fix it for pCARS 2 as it really cheapens the look of night races.

LeMansIndy500
12-12-2017, 21:59
Ian, another area that could do with some attention is the colour banding on the night sky in the PS4 version. There's an almost 8-bit stripe effect, as if the colour palette is limited to only a few dark blues and greys, so any graduation doesn't blend well. It's very noticeable around nighttime clouds as well. There was a thread about this but I don't think many conclusions were drawn as to why it happened and how best to combat it.

Anyway, hope you can fix it for pCARS 2 as it really cheapens the look of night races.

I just made a thread about this as I’ve started to notice the same thing. I’ve only seen it just after the sun has set and the sky goes from grey on the horizon to black at the top. I’ve only seen it in HDR on the PS4 Pro.