PDA

View Full Version : Lap/Gear HUD has changed ?

HeavyGroovez
19-05-2016, 11:28
In my Rift it is now rendering at an angle - its rotated towards me.

Is this expected behaviour ?

djbuzz07
19-05-2016, 11:57
yes it changed with the latest patch, I preferred the old HUD the new rotated way is smaller and harder to read, even though it appears as "closer"

HeavyGroovez
19-05-2016, 13:27
Yeah same i much preferred the older HUD, much easier to quickly glance at with averted vision. I find the new one takes a headturn to actually focus on and read the information (by which time ive missed my braking marker and gone straight into the tyrewall)

MrTulip
22-05-2016, 07:08
In VR you can zoom, rotate and move the HUD around under HUD edit mode. Pause the game on the track and choose to edit the hud.

It works with Numpad keys. #5 is reset and 'Ins' was used as a shift-key for some functions.

Exact details can be found in PC Patch 6.0 release notes here (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41957-Project-CARS-PC-Patch-6-0-Release-Notes).

Please note: As #5 key in keypad resets the HUD to "old style" default, and not the new angled one, it is adviced to take a backup of oculussettings.xml ini under your game profile. Changes to HUD are saved into the file.

HeavyGroovez
25-05-2016, 18:22
Thanks for the info !