PDA

View Full Version : Official FIA WEC Racing Game *Wish*

Alan Dallas
20-05-2016, 04:15
I was watching this video when I had an epiphany:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9kBxD-NbSM

The epic music in the video, the ambience, the excitement, the beauty of it all. Watching it I imagined SMS being tapped by the FIA to create a stand alone Official FIA WEC series racing game. Complete with all cars and teams and complete racing calendar.
Hey if Codemasters can have F1 why can't we(the diehard pCARS and SMS racing sim fans) have WEC? Would certainly add to SMS's catalog.

Surely I can't be the only one to have thought this. Thoughts?

LogRoad
20-05-2016, 05:15
Hell ya! What's not to like?

AbeWoz
20-05-2016, 10:57
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Jescott71
20-05-2016, 14:42
I would absolutely love this. WEC is probably my favourite racing series in the world right now, and sportscars is absolutely my favourite genre of motor racing. I'd happily pay the full 40/50 for a fully licensed WEC game on it's own.

Interchangeable
20-05-2016, 18:49
WEC and Blancpain GT Series are the best racing series in the world currently. I would love too see someone get the licences and do a proper job!

TexasTyme214
20-05-2016, 19:13
I would love to see SMS do a modern take of Test Drive Le Mans/Le Mans 24H games. Looking at how well the LMP1 and GTE cars are replicated, it could really be a quality game.

Alan Dallas
21-05-2016, 06:36
I would love to see SMS do a modern take of Test Drive Le Mans/Le Mans 24H games. Looking at how well the LMP1 and GTE cars are replicated, it could really be a quality game.

Or WEC and IMSA if you're looking at providing just an Endurance racing game. A catch all Sim like pCARS or Assetto Corsa is all well and good, gives us a taste of practically all the disciplines; but it's hard to be a "Jack of all trades." and do them all at a professional level to make it feel like you're participating in a real world series. Complete with rules package, flags, penalties and all. This is were I think Codies got it right, they concentrate on one discipline and do it justice... well the exception being the GRiD series. Those were... well... forgettable.

P.S. The above is all just my opinion of course. All said and done, I just want a Sim that replicates a real world endurance series. Not some approximation.