PDA

View Full Version : [RESOLVED] H-shifter to paddle assignment and back

zen kletsyn
20-05-2016, 04:56
Greetings to all---hope you can help me with this question. Platform is PS4, G29 wheel. I want to easily switch from H-shifter to paddles and back. Gearshift control default is "Gearshift forward" and "Gearshift backwards". To use the paddles, I change the assignments to L1/R1. When I want to change back, and the config screen asks me to "perform the function", I pull the H-shifter backwards and I see "Gear 2" instead of "Gearshift backwards". How do I find "Gearshift forwards/backwards?" I end up resetting the control configuration to get it back to what it should be. There has to be an easier way, PLEASE HELP a guy who likes to go quickly and efficiently from a '59 Aston Martin to a Mercedes AMG GT3. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sankyo
20-05-2016, 10:27
Sounds like you have to put the H-shifter into sequential mode first before assigning it.

zen kletsyn
20-05-2016, 14:21
Sounds like you have to put the H-shifter into sequential mode first before assigning it.

I appreciate the reply, but it is my understanding the G29 does not support sequential shifting.

Bealdor
20-05-2016, 14:24
I appreciate the reply, but it is my understanding the G29 does not support sequential shifting.

I'm not 100% sure what you're trying to achieve. Do you want to use the H-shifter as a sequential shifter?

Sankyo
20-05-2016, 14:26
Then what you're getting is exactly what you would expect? The assignment to shift up/down is showing you the actual names of the buttons, and for the H-shifter they're called gear 1/2/3/etc. apparently.

zen kletsyn
21-05-2016, 05:26
No. What I need to know is, once I change the shift assignment from the default (Gearshift forward/Gearshift backward) to paddles, which in my case is L1/L2, how do I change it back? Once in the configuration screen, going to the desired function, such as Gear down, it says "perform the function" or something like that---- I push the shifter forward, and now I have "Gear 2", not "Gearshift forward". Short answer: How do I assign the h-shifter to Gearshift forward or Gearshift backward?

Sankyo
21-05-2016, 07:40
You're asking what buttons on the G29 are called Gearshift Forward and Gearshift Backward? When the game showed those labels, what buttons resulted in the gears being changed?

Madwak55
21-05-2016, 07:47
No. What I need to know is, once I change the shift assignment from the default (Gearshift forward/Gearshift backward) to paddles, which in my case is L1/L2, how do I change it back? Once in the configuration screen, going to the desired function, such as Gear down, it says "perform the function" or something like that---- I push the shifter forward, and now I have "Gear 2", not "Gearshift forward". Short answer: How do I assign the h-shifter to Gearshift forward or Gearshift backward?
Have you tried pressing the button that selects the Logitech profile this should default the settings back to where you started?

zen kletsyn
21-05-2016, 14:14
Have you tried pressing the button that selects the Logitech profile this should default the settings back to where you started?

Yes, I can do that, but everything else also resets to the default.

Madwak55
22-05-2016, 13:14
I think maybe where you are going wrong is assigning the paddles in the first place, when I turn project cars on I can use either the paddles or the h-shifter I don't need to assign anything they both work fine at the same time. Have you tried this to see if yours are the same?

zen kletsyn
23-05-2016, 02:17
I think maybe where you are going wrong is assigning the paddles in the first place, when I turn project cars on I can use either the paddles or the h-shifter I don't need to assign anything they both work fine at the same time. Have you tried this to see if yours are the same?

With the controls in the default mode, my paddle shifters don't work. I have to assign them to get them to respond.

Shogun613
23-05-2016, 02:26
With the controls in the default mode, my paddle shifters don't work. I have to assign them to get them to respond.
Yes, this is the correct behavior. Starting from default, you need to assign the paddles, but the shifter should keep all of the gear assignments. The use of the paddles or shifter is car dependent.

zen kletsyn
23-05-2016, 11:30
Yes, this is the correct behavior. Starting from default, you need to assign the paddles, but the shifter should keep all of the gear assignments. The use of the paddles or shifter is car dependent.

OK, thanks. I'll try that.

zen kletsyn
23-05-2016, 16:48

That appears to be it! With the paddles assigned, they work in cars that have paddles, and the h-shifter works in those cars as well. In cars without paddles, only the h-shifter works. THANKS!

Shogun613
23-05-2016, 18:50
That appears to be it! With the paddles assigned, they work in cars that have paddles, and the h-shifter works in those cars as well. In cars without paddles, only the h-shifter works. THANKS!
You are very welcome.