PDA

View Full Version : NVIDIA Challenger Series Round 3: Ford Falcon at Ruapuna

Joseph Barron
20-05-2016, 10:23
I am still on vacation at the moment, but I wanted to make sure that you still receive your usual driver briefing on time. I will be back in work on Monday May 23, so AndyT (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?21-Andy-Tudor) is still your point of contact for any questions until then.

Round 3 of the NVIDIA Challenger Series is now open.

Enter via the Community Events screen in-game, on all platforms. You will be driving the Ford Falcon FG at Ruapuna Parl.

Only teams which registered during preseason will be eligible to score team championship points.

All drivers are eligible for driver championship points.

In the 2016 season, there are separate Divisions for PC and Console players. The PS4 and Xbox One physics/handling code is the same. There are some minor differences between the two consoles and PC, which is why we have separate Divisions for PC and Console.

Event regulations

Please read the FULL regulations on our Esports website (http://www.projectcarsesports.com/2016-nvidia-challenger-series.html). It is your responsibility as a competitor to read these. If you breach the rules either deliberately, or accidentally, ignorance is not an excuse.

TRACK LIMITS

It is critical that you obey the rules on track limits.

Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of doubt, the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if fewer than two wheels remain in contact with the track. These images (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=541268LIMITTRACK.jpg) from a previous Round may help you to understand what is valid, and what is not.

It is possible that you can cut the track or run wide without the game penalising you, and therefore your time & ghost will still appear on the leaderboard. SMS staff will review all of the ghost laps in the top 30 positions on all platforms to check whether drivers have stayed on track for their entire lap.

If we can see from your ghost that you cut the track or ran wide at any point, then we will not include your time in the official results.

In exceptional circumstances where many drivers go off track, we may have fewer than 20 valid times in a Division at the end of the event. However, to avoid further confusion this season, we will no-longer consider times from outside the top 30 to fill out the remaining points positions if these circumstances occur. Only the top 30 event ghosts will be considered from now on.

You must obey the track limits rules around the entire circuit, but please pay particular care on all wide kerbs, on any tarmac/concrete/painted run-off areas and in any areas of sand, gravel or grass.

At Ruapuna you should be particularly careful on exit kerbs & run-off areas. Especially at "Flexopass Corner", "Pothole", "Crown Lift Carousel", "Cookram Nissan", and "The Rock Sweeper."

If you are unsure which corners these are, please see this circuit map (https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/Powerbuilt_Raceway_at_Ruapuna_Park_%28Grand_Prix_Circuit%29.svg/1432px-Powerbuilt_Raceway_at_Ruapuna_Park_%28Grand_Prix_Circuit%29.svg.png).

Improved times with track cuts

If you improve your time on the leaderboard, but exceed track limits on your new lap, then your time will be eliminated. If this happens, we do not roll back to your previous valid lap time. Only your fastest lap on the leaderboard at the end of the event will be considered for the final results.

Therefore, if during a lap you think that you might have cut a corner or run-wide even slightly, please back-off & abandon the lap, rather than set an invalid lap for the leaderboard. Otherwise you risk setting an invalid lap that you cannot replace with a faster, valid lap before the end of the event, meaning you miss out on possible championship points.

DISPUTES AND APPEALS

If the SMS staff decide that your ghost is marginal on track limits, we may contact you to ask for additional evidence. The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap.

If you think that your lap is close to the limit of the track at any point, please save the replay. Then if we ask you for any additional evidence, you will be able to provide us with chase camera footage of your lap.

Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

We may also request this same video evidence if you claim after the event that a lap deemed to be invalid by SMS staff, was valid. The procedure is the same as the one above. Failure to provide this footage will result in your time being left out of the results.

Assists

You should be able to run with assists on. In "Help & Options" if you turn the individual assists on, or set them to "Real", you should get these same settings in the event. However, only the chosen car's real-world assists may work.

SMS staff during LGCS Round 2

I am on vacation until Monday May 23, so Andy Tudor (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?21-Andy-Tudor), SMS staff and the moderators will handle any questions/disputes until then.

That's all the boring stuff out of the way now. Good luck this weekend!

tightlines
21-05-2016, 12:34
can anyone please tell me why when i set a lap time and save it ,the time of the ghost is .001 slower than the leaderboard ???

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-05-2016, 12:59
Can anyone answer why I can change Anti Roll Bars and Brake bias using mapped functions on PS4. Surely those should be at default in a non tuning competition and non changeable. My lap was set without using those but then I found out I can change them when by mistake I pressed the wrong key in my keyboard when trying to change seat position.

inthebagbud
23-05-2016, 14:46
Can anyone answer why I can change Anti Roll Bars and Brake bias using mapped functions on PS4. Surely those should be at default in a non tuning competition and non changeable. My lap was set without using those but then I found out I can change them when by mistake I pressed the wrong key in my keyboard when trying to change seat position.

The answer in the last round was if it is mapable it is not seen as part of the car default setup

cmch15
23-05-2016, 15:06
I believe you couldn't adjust roll bars in the previous rounds, so i guess because they're not available in real life on those cars(?), but V8's do have adjustment of roll bars from the cockpit.

Joseph Barron
23-05-2016, 16:03
I believe you couldn't adjust roll bars in the previous rounds, so i guess because they're not available in real life on those cars(?), but V8's do have adjustment of roll bars from the cockpit.

That's correct. It's fine to adjust the roll bars from the cockpit in this round.

cluck
23-05-2016, 16:50
Nice to see you on the leaderboard Andy G :)

JohnSchoonsBeard
23-05-2016, 18:34
That's correct. It's fine to adjust the roll bars from the cockpit in this round.

OK. Thanks guys. I'll explain it to the guys in our teams.

cluck
24-05-2016, 08:07
I have to hand it to those guys with the 1m17 laps, that took way more skill than I possess :o. The top-10 battle was quite tight wasn't it :o

As with Round 2, 4th to 8th place are separated by just one tenth of a second :o.

I have to say, once you are dialled in to how the Falcon drives, it's a lot of fun. But the road to that point is teeth-gnashingly frustrating :o. Really looking forward to driving this again at Bathurst for the final round :).

Congrats again to the top 3, those are all simply astonishing laps. At the start I knew we'd see very low 1m18 times and maybe somebody would break into the 17s. I didn't expect to see times quite that far into the 17s, so hat's off to you three :yes:.

Me, I'm quite chuffed with 8th and nice to see fellow RSR Team Alpha teammate JetPistol in the points aswell :).

EDIT : The above is all assuming that the laps are valid of course.

Mezzanine
24-05-2016, 10:00
Morning,

did not make it in the top but I want to share some experiences I made regarding ghost upload, etc.
Maybe it helps if you might want to improove the game:

I tried a little on friday and once more on saturday.

Friday I have set a 1.20.638 - the ghost uploaded showed a 1.25.xxx. So a wrong ghost has been uploaded.
Before I tried once more on saturday, I checked the board, same time and same wrong ghost (Nothing updated on the server as assumed here before).

Then I improoved a little and made a 1.20.332 - the ghost then uploaded was showing a 1.21.xxx.
2nd time a wrong ghost got uploaded.

The ghost uploading process seems to be very buggy to me, there seems to be no reliability to have the right ghost on the leaderboard. I ask myself if this is a reason why so many ghosts were off track the last event and have been disqualified.

The white line on the right side of the straight before the last turn in Ruapuana is floating above the ground (has also been reported by some ppl after the track has been released last year).

On Ruapuana I could have 2 wheels on the track but the trackdetection invalidated the lap (I recongnized this between corner 7-8).

There were some ppl on the leaderboard which had a time and ghost but no name. When I picked such a ghost, the ghost ingame was just named 'ghost'.

cheers

cluck
24-05-2016, 10:22
re. wrong ghosts being uploaded, I found that it seems to be when there's a communication breakdown between your PC and Steam, if only momentarily and not enough to drop you out of the session. I had this happen in the first round and couldn't beat my time, to set a new ghost, before the event finished. It happened again in this round, though I was able to set a faster lap. What I have taken to doing, now, is coming out of the event the moment I have set a faster lap to try and ensure the correct ghost is uploaded. Funnily enough, your bad ghosts were around the same time as my bad ghosts, so it's quite possible there was a Steam problem at fault there.

As for the track limits, they are what they are. You could keep 2 wheels inside the track near the exit of Parabolica at Monza but trigger a track cut. It's frustrating but you just have to learn where they are and watch out for them. I don't think any of the track limits are going to be adjusted so you just need to watch out for them.

The next round - Oulton Park - is another one where people will need to be careful. It is possible to run way off the track, onto the webbing area, without triggering an invalid lap warning on the exit of 3 corners - T1, T12 and T16.

Mezzanine
24-05-2016, 10:51
Hello cluck,

[... I found that it seems to be when there's a communication breakdown between your PC and Steam, if only momentarily and not enough to drop you out of the session. ...]

Is that an assumption or has this been debugged with maybe wireshark to have a look whats happening?

[...
Friday I have set a 1.20.638 - the ghost uploaded showed a 1.25.xxx. So a wrong ghost has been uploaded.
Before I tried once more on saturday, I checked the board, same time and same wrong ghost (Nothing updated on the server as assumed here before).

Then I improoved a little and made a 1.20.332 - the ghost then uploaded was showing a 1.21.xxx.
...]

After I've set the 1.20.6 (with the 1.25.x ghost) I could only improove it only once on saturday with the 1.20.3.
So there's been only one trigger to upload an improoved time/ghost.

It did upload the time and a ghost - both have been updated, but as said again with a wrong ghost.
So uploading a ghost generally did work, but as seen a wrong one. This is why I would not share your opinion on the 'communication breakdown between your PC and Steam'.

What do you think?

cheers falke

ps.: You look a little pale yellow not as deep dutch orange as before, are you not moderating anymore?

cluck
24-05-2016, 11:10
Hello cluck,

[... I found that it seems to be when there's a communication breakdown between your PC and Steam, if only momentarily and not enough to drop you out of the session. ...]

Is that an assumption or has this been debugged with maybe wireshark to have a look whats happening?

[...

...]

After I've set the 1.20.6 (with the 1.25.x ghost) I could only improove it only once on saturday with the 1.20.3.
So there's been only one trigger to upload an improoved time/ghost.

It did upload the time and a ghost - both have been updated, but as said again with a wrong ghost.
So uploading a ghost generally did work, but as seen a wrong one. This is why I would not share your opinion on the 'communication breakdown between your PC and Steam'.

What do you think?

cheers falke

ps.: You look a little pale yellow not as deep dutch orange as before, are you not moderating anymore?It's an assumption but I know that in the Monza round, I did lose connection to Steam around the time I set my fastest lap, but it wasn't bad enough to drop me out of the event.

I resigned as a moderator (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?46604-Cluck-got-now-his-orange-coat&p=1277279&viewfull=1#post1277279) over a week ago but that's not for discussion and certainly not in this thread :)

ChoKpic76
24-05-2016, 11:45
After checking the top 10 xbox one is a joke

Congratulations

BAM Flawless
BAM SanKa
THT Bandit
CQR TacticaL

4 drivers on 10,
cross the white line.
and I have watched 10 replays .
imagined a top 50

ChoKpic76
24-05-2016, 11:46
but the best is on ps4 .
a pilot cut half of the circuit.

AbeWoz
24-05-2016, 11:55
slightly off topic, but when you go to the pCARS eSports page, navigate to the NCS, and then the "about" tab, the Logitech Series logo is displayed.

cluck
24-05-2016, 12:00
After checking the top 10 xbox one is a joke

Congratulations

BAM Flawless
BAM SanKa
THT Bandit
CQR TacticaL

4 drivers on 10,
cross the white line.
and I have watched 10 replays .
imagined a top 50The first pic looks like it could be valid from that angle :). I haven't got a console so can't watch the ghosts to see if the car is over the white lines, but that's certainly not the best pic to try and demonstrate somebody having gone wide. The second one is also a marginal call from that pic. The last two, however, yeah, they're way over but not as far over as some people were in the PC Division of the LGCS round at Imola :o.

It saddens me, as a competitor, that people think they can get away with it. Either that or they are wilfully ignorant of the rules of these events. If you think you might get penalised then you probably will be so scrap the lap, it's that simple.

My lap, on PC, was unbelievably tight - my rear left tyre had maybe 1cm of contact with the white line - but I watched that part of the replay, rotating the camera to multiple angles before I was satisfied that according to the rules my lap was valid. I saved that all on video and immediately uploaded it to Youtube and sent a link to Andy Tudor in case my lap was brought into question. If only everybody was that diligent we wouldn't go through this mess every time. Yes, yes, I know it would be great if the track limits were perfect, but they aren't, so it is on us to understand and stick to the rules :).

Joseph Barron
25-05-2016, 11:07
Hi everyone. The results for this round have now been published.
http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/nvidia-challenger-series-round-3-results

All of the details are at the link.

CQR_TactcicaL
25-05-2016, 11:08
well I watched my replay and can say that at all times 2 wheels were always with in the track limits I always pause the game before I cross the line and check the replay if was not clean I would have restarted before crossing the line so im happy that my lap is clean and its for ESL members to decide other wise

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 11:34
For the organization: you suck Sdl Team. I have not use any exploit in my lap, it's clean. I have spend all my week-end to perform a good lap and you punish me: i want that you give me some proofs that i am cheating

Joseph Barron
25-05-2016, 11:38
For the organization: you suck Sdl Team. I have not use any exploit in my lap, it's clean. I have spend all my week-end to perform a good lap and you punish me: i want that you give me some proofs that i am cheating

We are speaking to your team manager about the situation to explain why we had to make this decision.

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 11:49
We are speaking to your team manager about the situation to explain why we had to make this decision.

I have play all the week-end to perform this lap. You can speak with me because i really dont understand the situation. I have the video to prove my clean lap. So if i have not an éligible and fair answer, i stop your unfair compétition which always favorise Sdl Team.

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 12:03
The only thing, i have done, it's to wait before the start for having a Best tires temperature, Others players like TSR have done this too. I dont think that it's a cheat.

Joseph Barron
25-05-2016, 12:10
The only thing, i have done, it's to wait before the start for having a Best tires temperature, Others players like TSR have done this too. I dont think that it's a cheat.

Like I said, we are discussing it with your team manager already, so please speak to him as well.

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 12:11
I have some private message from yinato on fb wheel he say that he do it too. And i have learn to do that last year when i was Sdl.... so be honest with ALL the players.

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 12:20
233564 yinato learn that to me saturday 19h15 pm

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 12:22
But i really dont think it's a cheat to wait for Best tires temperature

SDL Nikolai
25-05-2016, 12:26
And i prefer to have public answer here in order to Others players are in touch of your décision.

Joseph Barron
25-05-2016, 12:29
And i prefer to have public answer here in order to Others players are in touch of your décision.

After discussing the matter with your team manager, we now have a better understanding of the technique that you (and potentially others) used to cool down your tires between laps. It does not exploit the rules. Therefore the results will be updated with your lap included.

GT-Club_Atho_
25-05-2016, 12:30
Team Shark Racing did not run with cold tyres. If it was the case they will be in 1.17.3 too.

Hovewer this not explain why Unity are disqualified without proof when some teams cheat and are not penalized.

cmch15
25-05-2016, 12:45
Bugger, seeing the times I wish I'd entered this round now. I'd have been near the top on this one. On the other hand, the last page and a half reminds me why I didn't.

SDL Rotax
25-05-2016, 12:59
"The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap."

Why you do not ask a video of the GTurbo's lap ? you have downgraded him, but apparently you have not seen his lap as you speak of discussions and speculations.

It's simple, he posts his video, you see if something is allowed or not.

Because for now it seems that you talk about a different subject, the temperature of tires, while the problem may be somewhere else and will surely be solved with a video!

Joseph Barron
25-05-2016, 13:09
"The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap."

Why you do not ask a video of the GTurbo's lap ? you have downgraded him, but apparently you have not seen his lap as you speak of discussions and speculations.

It's simple, he posts his video, you see if something is allowed or not.

Because for now it seems that you talk about a different subject, the temperature of tires, while the problem may be somewhere else and will surely be solved with a video!

GTurbo's lap was not visible on the leaderboard until after the event closed, so we have not seen his ghost. We have asked GTurbo for video of his lap, which so far he has not been able to provide.

G Turbo's time will not be included unless we are provided with video of his lap. We have discussed this with the Unity team manager as well and he has accepted this decision.

Nikolai's ghost was fine, which combined with our new understanding of the tire temp discussion, is why he is being added back into the results.

ChoKpic76
25-05-2016, 13:09

What is this lack of respect ?
I had booked for less.
if you cheat , that's life .
it was notified .

If the SMS staff decide that your ghost is marginal on track limits, we may contact you to ask for additional evidence. The only additional evidence that we will accept is chase camera footage of your actual lap, not of the ghost. In light of recent events in the NCS, any footage you give to us must now include the final corner from the lap before your flying lap.

If you think that your lap is close to the limit of the track at any point, please save the replay. Then if we ask you for any additional evidence, you will be able to provide us with chase camera footage of your lap.

Failure to provide this footage can result in your time being left out of the official results.

We may also request this same video evidence if you claim after the event that a lap deemed to be invalid by SMS staff, was valid. The procedure is the same as the one above. Failure to provide this footage will result in your time being left out of the results.

So now proves that you're not a cheater instead of insulting the staff

SDL Rotax
25-05-2016, 13:23
GTurbo's lap was not visible on the leaderboard until after the event closed, so we have not seen his ghost. We have asked GTurbo for video of his lap, which so far he has not been able to provide.

G Turbo's time will not be included unless we are provided with video of his lap. We have discussed this with the Unity team manager as well and he has accepted this decision.

Nikolai's ghost was fine, which combined with our new understanding of the tire temp discussion, is why he is being added back into the results.

Ok thanks for your answer.

no video, no time, it makes sense.

don't care ChoKpic76

if he reacts like that is it has something to reproach himself..

ChoKpic76
25-05-2016, 13:31
i don't care but just i had booked for less than that jajajaja