PDA

View Full Version : All good things come to an end....part2

LtCasey
20-05-2016, 12:47
Hello,

Let me start my post with a quotation from the First, and now closed first part:

Remco van Dijk wrote:
Amazing how many people are unable to provide criticism without getting rude or insulting.

Let me answer:
Amazing how many people are unable to receive criticism without feeling insulted.

Ive read the post, and there has NOT been any insulting, nor was there any critic that has not being true.
Pfalzdriver proofed it by adding a video. And he didn't claimed anybody being lazy.
He kindly asked, if there will be any further support for project cars in the future, once development of pcars 2 is in full effect. He added the statement, we made in our community, what most of the 40 pc driver came up after Reading the news of pcars2.
Im in a different branch, salesman myself, but acting like you, kicking concerns of the customers and clients out the window, will surely end my career opportunities very fast. Canceling the communications with said customer, and erasing his account will end my employment at once.

And, yes,....I Will Not buy pcars2. Maybe it will be good, even better than pcars, until SMS changes its attitude dealing with the customer, I wont buy.

Regards

SlowBloke
20-05-2016, 12:56
Hello,

Let me start my post with a quotation from the First, and now closed first part:

Remco van Dijk wrote:
Amazing how many people are unable to provide criticism without getting rude or insulting.

Let me answer:
Amazing how many people are unable to receive criticism without feeling insulted.
Regards

Wrong wrong wrong... there was nothing negative on the initial post which was for the most part communicated ok.

He then called the devs sh*t and lazy... so yer crossed the line really... why dont you take that approach in real life with someone standing in front of you and see if that is considered constructive criticism....

konnos
20-05-2016, 13:00
Indeed, I didn't find too much insulting in there, although if you had stayed away from suggesting that the coder getting sacked, this would have ended differently. I would also like to hear helpful responses to such problems, they do exist afterall, and is what is keeping this game from taking off like crazy. It has done well so far, but I think there is so much more potential here. I don't race in leagues and don't do long events etc, so pretty much all these bugs that have been mentioned, and are known for many months, do not really affect me. I would like to see some self-critic at some point, or at least tell us "why" these things have been happening.

seb02
20-05-2016, 13:14
Indeed, I didn't find too much insulting in there, although if you had stayed away from suggesting that the coder getting sacked, this would have ended differently. I would also like to hear helpful responses to such problems, they do exist afterall, and is what is keeping this game from taking off like crazy. It has done well so far, but I think there is so much more potential here. I don't race in leagues and don't do long events etc, so pretty much all these bugs that have been mentioned, and are known for many months, do not really affect me. I would like to see some self-critic at some point, or at least tell us "why" these things have been happening.

I can't tell you why these bugs are present, I am not developer. But develop a game is very complicated and more options increases, the risk of bugs increases. I'm not here to defend SMS on any and all the time like some people (I'm very disappointed with the lack of ovals in project cars 1 for example) but Ian bell explained that quality service was outsourced for reasons of cost. Patches have been made and others are coming.

crowtrobot
20-05-2016, 13:17

You can pretty easily assume why: they've evaluated that the cost of fixing the long standing bugs is higher than the potential losses in repeat customers for pCARS 2.

It's rather cynical and unfulfilling, but I don't think any of the devs are going to come here and post heartfelt apologies for why things aren't all working as they should. Particularly in response to rather long winded takedowns.

All you can do as a customer is provide feedback and vote with your dollar the next time an SMS project rolls around.

Fwiw, I didn't see anything in that post that called a specific dev lazy... Just that the netcode was 'shitty' as it's been on previous games, and he was projecting that if a programmer were lazy they might use that as a base for the next game, thus propagating the issue. The guy was clearly investing a lot of time and energy in the game, and invested quite a lot to provide detailed feedback, seems pretty lame to me to immediately close the thread because something was taken personally. Doesn't make for a very good atmosphere on the boards, IMHO.

Bealdor
20-05-2016, 13:18
As you may (or may not) have noticed, the explanation for thread closure was given and it was not the initial post:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?47196-All-g-well-things-must-come-to-an-end&p=1279907&viewfull=1#post1279907

Thread closed.