PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars wont load Oculus Rift CV1

Ole
21-05-2016, 04:49
so - I've finished downloading everything to get my Oculus Rift CV1 going...
Drivers, graphics drivers, everything is all uploaded and fine I think.
I am running Project Cars through Steam.
When I go to launch PC from my library, I select and run Project Cars with the Oculus Rift VR setting... I click on that and run it that way...
It loads the game up fine and I can run/open the game... I can get through the menus on my tv monitor, I can get to a race, and even start a race again doing all of this NOT in the rift. My sensor is picking up my rift as my monitor is showing me the actual movement of the headset on my monitor... So its showing what SHOULD be in the headset.... but the display in my rift says "we're sorry pcars64.exe is taking a long time to load check your app" or something like that - I've let it sit forever and nothing happens...

Do I have something not selected right or do I not have things configured right to where Steam and Project Cars and my Oculus Rift aren't all talking to each other???? 3 hours last night, 3 hours tonight...
its time to ask for help...

What am I doing wrong ?? Why wont Project Cars recognize my rift and play it through my headset when its tracking and will play it through my monitor...

(I am unable to run steamvr if that has anything to do with anything - it wont let me download the compositor - it says its unavailable - I cant figure that out... and it does say under SteamVR that I am NOT READY - but my rift and sensor are green and the rift is working with other oculus programs... I have no idea if you have to have this running, or what it is, it says VR so I assume it has something to do with my being able to function - but if you need to talk to me about this, you may have to talk to me like im a 2 year old because I just cant get that to work at all)

help - I'll be forever grateful

(ALSO - my rift is not showing up as a second display in windows... THAT also could be part of the problem??? but I don't know how to solve that either... I've tried to get it to recognize it - like to extend the desktop to it ?? is that part of my problem... how do I get it to read I have a monitor AND headset...)

bonus prize if you can really dumb this down for me... cause i'm at my wits ends... its been HOURS on this and im NOWHERE...

Ole
21-05-2016, 12:25
I figured out my problem so I'll post it in case others have the same issue... my racing rig used to run 3 triple monitors so I had two Nvidia 970s... I had the rift and the monitor plugged into the hdmi ports, one on each... I plugged them both into the same card (the rift into the hdmi and the hdmi monitor I put into the svga port via a converter. bingo bango... loaded right up through steam.

Now to adjust my settings....

Snipeuout
30-05-2016, 05:34
I figured out my problem so I'll post it in case others have the same issue... my racing rig used to run 3 triple monitors so I had two Nvidia 970s... I had the rift and the monitor plugged into the hdmi ports, one on each... I plugged them both into the same card (the rift into the hdmi and the hdmi monitor I put into the svga port via a converter. bingo bango... loaded right up through steam.

Now to adjust my settings....

OMG Your a genius!!!. It worked!!! Thank you so much!