PDA

View Full Version : Nürburgring Combined Cut Track Penalty in TT

Shadowoff
21-05-2016, 17:23
Hey,
today I made some TT in the Z4 at Combined Nürburgring, but before I practiced a lot in free practice and Single Player to know what I can achieve. As I went into TT I recognized that the I´ve got penalties without any reasons... For example at the fast chicane on the GP track. I was with two tires on track but my lap time got invalid. Same at the Schleife... At Flugplatz I went a little wide and lost 2 up to 3 kp/H and also got a invalid lap time while beeing with two tires on track. It would be nice if this could be fixed/solved.

Thanks

Mahjik
21-05-2016, 17:32
You are going to need to show some screenshots from the chase cam to show the car position when this is happening.

wolowizzard
21-05-2016, 19:42
Yeah, the track limits at Nordschleife are a little tight in some corners. I also got a few laps invalidated while being absolutely sure that two wheels were still on the track. Flugplatz is one of the neuralgic points. But didn't look it up in replays, so no official complaints from me O:-).

konnos
22-05-2016, 14:37
The 2 tires inside the road is not the only rule to make your time valid. Any extreme cut invalidates your time in TT and gives you 5sec penalty in a race. An example is the first turn in Watkins Glen, you can have the car on the curb and outside the white lines but it counts. But especially in Nordschleife the limits are pretty strict, no way around it, you just got to know your track limits.

wolowizzard
22-05-2016, 15:32
Yeah, sometimes they are a bit too strict for my liking - sometimes you're getting a bit far out in the corners, but this doesn't make you faster since you touch the grass on Nordschleife pretty soon when using a curb a little to extensive. No marshall would invalidate this time IRL, PC does. It's not a critical thing, but sometimes anoying when you get your lap invalidated just because you went slightly too far onto the grass in the wrong corner.

Jan Studenski
22-05-2016, 15:47
Yeah, sometimes they are a bit too strict for my liking - sometimes you're getting a bit far out in the corners, but this doesn't make you faster since you touch the grass on Nordschleife pretty soon when using a curb a little to extensive. No marshall would invalidate this time IRL, PC does. It's not a critical thing, but sometimes anoying when you get your lap invalidated just because you went slightly too far onto the grass in the wrong corner.

So you wanna allow some corners that they can be taken offtrack and some dont? Who is gonna decide which ones should be allowed and which not?

Fairest is to strictly say in TT: Always at least 2 tires on track. - No unfairness, nothing, its everywhere and for everyone the same

wolowizzard
22-05-2016, 17:15
No, I don't want to do that. I just said that at some corners AT THE MOMENT the game is more strict than in other corners, even if one doesn't cut the track (because of being on the outer side of the corner).

rosko
22-05-2016, 17:16
Its more strict in TT than practice in my experience over all tracks from what i can tell. So practice is good for setups but to practice a good line then its lots of TT. Them the rules & its the same for everybody. I've yet to get a clean lap in over the nord, always end up making one slight mistake, enough people manage it i just need to improve.

JimBoum
22-05-2016, 19:14
The harshest limit is probably at Wippermann, on
the inside kerb.
If you take the kerb, it gives you à penalty, even if you stay away from the grass.

Mahjik
22-05-2016, 19:44
Its more strict in TT than practice

Yes. This is correct. The cut rules are relaxed in practice.