PDA

View Full Version : Renault Sport R.S. 01

binarywarrior
22-05-2016, 19:49
Hi Devs

Can the Renault Sport R.S. 01 be balanced and moved to GT3 class as per real life, its a very nice car that doesn't get the love it deserves. Anyone else like to see this happen?

Mahjik
22-05-2016, 19:50
Hi Devs

Can the Renault Sport R.S. 01 be balanced and moved to GT3 class as per real life, its a very nice car that doesn't get the love it deserves. Anyone else like to see this happen?

The version that was licensed is the version used for their single make racing series.

AbeWoz
22-05-2016, 19:51
it would be nice to have another diverse GT3 car, but it needs to be heavily de-tuned, and have about 150 pounds of weight/ballast added to it as per real-life GT3 homologation. I can't see that happening in pCARS1, maybe PC2 if SMS sees a need/want for it on the WMD forums.

binarywarrior
22-05-2016, 19:52
So your saying is not possible, to make any BoP changes without permission, if so :(

Mahjik
22-05-2016, 19:54
So your saying is not possible, to make any BoP changes without permission, if so :(

That is correct. Renault would have to approve of it (and they could charge an extra license if they did approve since it's a different car).

binarywarrior
22-05-2016, 19:55
sucks but thanks for the info

Mahjik
22-05-2016, 19:56
That's not to say a mod team couldn't do it.... ;)

Tbolt47
24-05-2016, 08:15
I drive it quite a bit and if we had the GT3 version I'm not sure I would drive that version as much, but I can understand that the guys that really love there GT3 cars would like it.

What I don't understand is how the RS.01 managed to get into GT3, GT racing use to be based on mass production road cars.

graveltrap
24-05-2016, 08:53
The car doesn't have proper GT3 homologation, it's been let into the French Championship (surprise), 24H series (bring it and race it philosophy), but won't be making an appearance in Blancpain anytime soon.

The car really is more prototype than GT3, the changes made to even get it close to GT3 performance are backwards steps!

Fight-Test
24-05-2016, 13:03
It's real place is its spec series. They have been great races this season. Idk why they don't have the commentators on the replays though. If u haven't noticed the rs01 can just do 70 mins on tires and fuel which is the endurace race length for the series. Taking care of tires is key for series and for a 70 min race also as they are on the fringe at the end and running on fumes. Makes for a good race. Actually for a great race.

I watched the rs01 in the gt open race last week. Didn't perform great but a am driver was in it. Other series like we're mentioned above allow it also but these series also allow other gt3 cars. You don't have to be a production car to be gt3 homogalated but the cars just aren't legal in most series. In the same race a homogolated radical rxc gt3 was racing.

Looks like it picked up its first win gt3 spec.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2016/05/24/gt-open-spa-teo-martin-victorious-in-race-1-renault-rs01-takes-debut-win-in-race-2.html

Tbolt47
24-05-2016, 15:57
It's real place is its spec series. They have been great races this season. Idk why they don't have the commentators on the replays though. If u haven't noticed the rs01 can just do 70 mins on tires and fuel which is the endurace race length for the series. Taking care of tires is key for series and for a 70 min race also as they are on the fringe at the end and running on fumes. Makes for a good race. Actually for a great race.

I watched the rs01 in the gt open race last week. Didn't perform great but a am driver was in it. Other series like we're mentioned above allow it also but these series also allow other gt3 cars. You don't have to be a production car to be gt3 homogalated but the cars just aren't legal in most series. In the same race a homogolated radical rxc gt3 was racing.

At least the Radical RXC is a production road cars (maybe not mass) - the RS.01 isn't as far as I'm aware. Homologation or not, GT is about versions of road cars, like graveltrap says the RS.01 is more like a prototype.

E_Luckow
24-05-2016, 16:08
Homologated or not, the car is a beauty, and I would love to be able to drive it along the othe GT3 cars.

Waiting for the modding teams :cool:

Juhu_0815
24-05-2016, 17:23
I see it the same way. The only reason why I drive the car only occasionally is that it is not in GT3. I love this car.

graveltrap
24-05-2016, 20:28
I see it the same way. The only reason why I drive the car only occasionally is that it is not in GT3. I love this car.

So why do you only drive it occasionally? That statement actually makes me feel a little sad inside...So many very cool cars in this game that get overlooked because of GT3 obsession ;)

Silraed
25-05-2016, 01:34
The R.S. 01 in the rain at Le Mans at night, don't question just do it. Probably the most fun race I have ever had in this game.

I'm not too bothered about the GT3 spec, I enjoy it as a one make series with very close racing.

Juhu_0815
25-05-2016, 15:26
So why do you only drive it occasionally? That statement actually makes me feel a little sad inside...So many very cool cars in this game that get overlooked because of GT3 obsession ;)
Because I'd like to see cars from different car makers when I am racing. All opponents with the same car doesn't make the same fun to me.

Doge
28-05-2016, 13:13
it would be nice to have another diverse GT3 car, but it needs to be heavily de-tuned, and have about 150 pounds of weight/ballast added to it as per real-life GT3 homologation. I can't see that happening in pCARS1, maybe PC2 if SMS sees a need/want for it on the WMD forums.

I´m not sure less engine power and 150 kg would be enough to bring it to GT3 pace. Look at the end of this video, there´s a straight comparison with same fuel levels, tyre life and track conditions. It wouldn´t be easy to make it match into the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aP1ZdyxGCA

Fight-Test
28-05-2016, 13:18
I´m not sure less engine power and 150 kg would be enough to bring it to GT3 pace. Look at the end of this video, there´s a straight comparison with same fuel levels, tyre life and track conditions. It wouldn´t be easy to make it match into the class.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aP1ZdyxGCA

If you do a search for rs01 gt3 tune there is one from not long after the dlc came to that puts it on perfect pace with gt3 but you are a 100% correct about the fuel and tires. RS01 has only one compou d and it's a hard compound that will last well over a hour as the rs01 races are 70 mins plus one lap. It's holds 150 liters, again to make the 70 min race, barely. So even if u get on pace the tire and fuel issue is present. I do think k that the fuel will be pretty spot on with the gt3s and gtes but only one compoundcan be a issue. Would have to figure the length of the race and do some testing to get a balance between it all.

Dynomight Motorsports
28-05-2016, 13:50
If you could trust people to reduce the restrictor turn down the turbo then they could probably compete.