PDA

View Full Version : Pit Issue

Natero14
22-05-2016, 21:43
EXPLANATION:

So I was doing a 90 lap race at Monza GP with the Ford Fusion Stock car having to pit every 15 for fuel but I thought I could go 30 on tires. Next chance I had to do so I pitted I said no tire change and 67.3L of fuel. When I got back on track my tires were red by the time I got to the first corner. Needless to say I quit after an hour of racing and having it ruined by what seems like a glitch.

QUESTION:

What happened and how do I fix it? lol

SETTINGS:

Fuel: Real
Tire: Real
Weather: Real
Light Cloud, Heavy Cloud, Medium Cloud then Light Rain
Time: Current time
Car: Ford Fusion #32 Roboil 1 Stock Car
Track: Monza GP
Practice 1: 1 Hour 0 Minutes
Practice 2: 0 Hour 0 Minutes
Qualifying: 0 Hour 10 Minutes
Warm Up: 0 Hour 0 Minutes
Race: Laps
Current lap of incident: End of lap 17, Beginning of 18

FS7
22-05-2016, 21:49
Did you set fuel use to real or slow?
What tyre wear rate did you use?
Did you do testing prior to the race to make sure you knew exactly how long tyres would last?

Natero14
22-05-2016, 21:57
Did you set fuel use to real or slow?
What tyre wear rate did you use?
Did you do testing prior to the race to make sure you knew exactly how long tyres would last? Exact Settings: Fuel: Real, Tire Wear: Real, 1 Hour Practice, 10 minute qualifier, Modern Stockcar, Yes I could do 34-36 laps on tires and 15-17 on fuel depending on how hard I pushed it.

FS7
22-05-2016, 22:05
Exact Settings: Fuel: Real, Tire Wear: Real, 1 Hour Practice, 10 minute qualifier, Modern Stockcar, Yes I could do 34-36 laps on tires and 15-17 on fuel depending on how hard I pushed it.
Seems like a glitch.
Did you record it? When stuff like this happens it's generally a good idea to record it using the PS4's share function and post in the PS4 forum. Posting video along with info like what you posted in your previous post can help developers recreate the issue and fix it.

Natero14
22-05-2016, 22:10
Seems like a glitch.
Did you record it? When stuff like this happens it's generally a good idea to record it using the PS4's share function and post in the PS4 forum. Posting video along with info like what you posted in your previous post can help developers recreate the issue and fix it. No, unfortunately no as I was really upset it had happened that I just shut the PS4 down. Usually I do record for my Youtube channel so now that you say that I kind of feel like an idiot. lol

Mahjik
22-05-2016, 23:34
You have to set the tire pressures in your pit strategy even if you aren't changing tires. It allows you to adjust the pressures at a pit stop without changing tires.

Natero14
22-05-2016, 23:49
I just looked at the Pit Strategy I had made for that race and my Tire Pressures match what I have set. I will try to race it again tomorrow to see what happens.

Sankyo
23-05-2016, 08:01
I just looked at the Pit Strategy I had made for that race and my Tire Pressures match what I have set. I will try to race it again tomorrow to see what happens.
Possibly try and set the tyre pressure a tiny bit different than what they are by default, to see whether it only takes into account pressures when the new pressures are different or not (which would then be a bug).

kevin kirk
23-05-2016, 16:05
By tires being red i am assumming you mean they was over heating before you got to turn one.Unless Im mistaken, what color they are only indicates tires temperature not tire wear. So you probally still had the life left in the tire that you was expecting but they were just over heating. The only thing that I have found to make tires get super hot in under one lap is tire pressure being super low. The times that happined to me is when I didnt manually turn on the pit stragity for the car I was in before the race. So when I pit it gave me the tire pressures for another cars pit stragitys I had saved in another race. P.S sorry, I cant spell stratigy at the moment for some reason.

Natero14
23-05-2016, 19:24
By tires being red i am assumming you mean they was over heating before you got to turn one.Unless Im mistaken, what color they are only indicates tires temperature not tire wear. So you probally still had the life left in the tire that you was expecting but they were just over heating. The only thing that I have found to make tires get super hot in under one lap is tire pressure being super low. The times that happined to me is when I didnt manually turn on the pit stragity for the car I was in before the race. So when I pit it gave me the tire pressures for another cars pit stragitys I had saved in another race. P.S sorry, I cant spell stratigy at the moment for some reason.
Correct. That's what I think happened, as I re ran the race with the same issue. I did some trial and error and found that when you say to NOT change tires it seems that it puts the Tires at the lowest possible Tire pressure available as my Tires are 1.78 Front, 1.84 Rear and have no problem when I tell it to change the Tires. Tell it not to and you got problems to sort.

Natero14
23-05-2016, 20:51
I'll do this one last time and put a link to a video on my reactions and explain what's happening. Expect it tomorrow.

Mahjik
23-05-2016, 21:19
Make sure to show your pit strategy in the video.

VR-42
25-05-2016, 08:26
I had this last night in a league race. I pitted for repairs without changing tyres and my rears were in the red as I was exiting the pit lane, at the end of the lap they were 153 rear and 147 front,
I will do some testing to see about the effects of tyre pressures.
As you can imagine I was not impressed and had a few choice words to say.

Yorkie065
25-05-2016, 09:12
Changing you tyre pressures in the pits, without changing the actual tyres themselves, adjusts the hot pressure. What you set your tyre pressures to be in the setup (and what the pit strategy pulls as default) are cold tyre pressures.

So what is essentially happening is you start the race on whatever pressures you set in the setup, lets say 1.70bar as an example. As you race, the pressures naturally increase to a point they start to stabilise usually around 4-6 laps into a stint, the increase is usually somewhere between 0.1-0.3 bar so lets now say your tyre pressures are now at 1.95bar (this is the pressure you need to take note of). When you pit, your strategy by default takes the pressure you set in the cars setup unless you give it a specific value, so by default this will be 1.70bar so the pitcrew end up deflating the tyres from 1.95bar hot pressure, down to 1.70bar hot pressure. This then means when you drive out the pits your tyres are 'under-inflated' compared to what you had before, causing your overheating issue.

So what you need to do is set your cars tyre pressure in the pit strategy to whatever it is when you've done a number of laps or come into the pits. Providing this isn't actually bugged then you should drive back out the pits at roughly the same pressures you came into the pits with, on the same set, and hopefully without overheating issues.

Hopefully this helps, and let us know how you get on :)

Sankyo
25-05-2016, 09:32
Changing you tyre pressures in the pits, without changing the actual tyres themselves, adjusts the hot pressure. What you set your tyre pressures to be in the setup (and what the pit strategy pulls as default) are cold tyre pressures.

So what is essentially happening is you start the race on whatever pressures you set in the setup, lets say 1.70bar as an example. As you race, the pressures naturally increase to a point they start to stabilise usually around 4-6 laps into a stint, the increase is usually somewhere between 0.1-0.3 bar so lets now say your tyre pressures are now at 1.95bar (this is the pressure you need to take note of). When you pit, your strategy by default takes the pressure you set in the cars setup unless you give it a specific value, so by default this will be 1.70bar so the pitcrew end up deflating the tyres from 1.95bar hot pressure, down to 1.70bar hot pressure. This then means when you drive out the pits your tyres are 'under-inflated' compared to what you had before, causing your overheating issue.

So what you need to do is set your cars tyre pressure in the pit strategy to whatever it is when you've done a number of laps or come into the pits. Providing this isn't actually bugged then you should drive back out the pits at roughly the same pressures you came into the pits with, on the same set, and hopefully without overheating issues.

If it works like this, then I'd say we need a "no change" tyre pressure option in the pit strategy, to prevent having to guess the number (because it will be track-, time-, season- and weather-dependent).

EDIT For pC2, because it won't be added in pC1 anymore I'm sure.

F1_Racer68
07-06-2016, 14:57

This makes complete sense to me and is what I would expect to have happen. It also means that you need to plan a "no tire change" strategy ahead of the race along with your "tire change" strategy. Thankfully, we can build multiple strategies (although selecting them during an online race is somewhat time consuming and cumbersome).

Schnizz58
07-06-2016, 15:11
Thank you Yorkie. That explains quite a lot actually.

Schnizz58
08-06-2016, 04:12
If it works like this, then I'd say we need a "no change" tyre pressure option in the pit strategy, to prevent having to guess the number (because it will be track-, time-, season- and weather-dependent).

EDIT For pC2, because it won't be added in pC1 anymore I'm sure.
I wonder if it would also be helpful to make the adjustment +/- relative to the current pressure in the case that you are changing pressure.